PDA

View Full Version : Tank spawning before survivors leave safe room

IML Owl
11-29-2008, 10:58 PM
It's happened to me about 4 or 5 times while infected. Obviously, this needs to be fixed because it gives the survivors no incentive to leave the safe room until it's gone.

WhoLikesChicken
11-29-2008, 11:01 PM
My friend told me the tank can bust through the safe room door. I haven't tested this but if it's true then the survivors will have quite the surprise in for them when this happens

IML Owl
11-29-2008, 11:39 PM
I've tried it several times while their teammates have bled out. I haven't seen it happen (in the console version). People claim you can do it on the PC. I'll believe it when I see it.

Tango1ndiaTango
11-30-2008, 12:58 AM
The tank can only break through the door after it has been opened and closed. The tank also may not break through a safe house door at the end of the level.

Stixsworld
11-30-2008, 06:49 AM
I think having the tank spawn before survivors leave the safe room is pretty realistic because in a real horror film...this element is used...where a survivor will goto a safe house and while there sumthing big that they didnt expect will show up before they leave the safe zone...hence this really isnt a bug it just makes the game better because this means you have to be on edge when leaving the safe room...

---Stixsmaster

IML Owl
11-30-2008, 07:08 PM
I think having the tank spawn before survivors leave the safe room is pretty realistic because in a real horror film...this element is used...where a survivor will goto a safe house and while there sumthing big that they didnt expect will show up before they leave the safe zone...hence this really isnt a bug it just makes the game better because this means you have to be on edge when leaving the safe room...

---Stixsmaster

If the survivors don't leave the safe room there is no way for the Tank to attack them and eventually it disappears because it can't attack.-

Tango1ndiaTango
12-01-2008, 05:31 PM
No.
If you don't attack as the tank it will switch around to another player
before it despawns.
Also, the safe room door opens sixty seconds after the level begins
to prevent players from never opening the door.