PDA

View Full Version : quick question?

shaunothedead
11-30-2008, 11:14 AM
my four year old got a little over zealous with my xbox live headset. how bad do i need it to play l4d online? would it even be worth playing without it.

DoubleD
11-30-2008, 11:16 AM
You can play with out a headset. But others playing with you may like you to have one. It does help using one in this game.

shaunothedead
11-30-2008, 11:20 AM
well darnit

WhoLikesChicken
11-30-2008, 01:43 PM
If you play without a headset just turn your voice output to speakers so you can hear your team, and be very aware of what they're doing at all times. Without a headset you can never, NEVER, wander off alone.

IML Owl
11-30-2008, 07:41 PM
Personally, I won't play with people that don't have mics and I think thats a popular sentiment. Frankly, in this game, communication = win ------> no communication = quick loss

jasonehelmer
12-03-2008, 11:11 AM
I've played with some people who have no headset, and it's a mixed bag. I know that even non headset users can hear the chat of the game going on. I'll usually phrase a question, followed by shoot your gun once if you hear me. If that happens, I'll talk out our plan of attack, tell em to stay close and see how they play. You do have to be more aware of your surroundings without a headset, but it can be done. Of course, the number of bad players with headsets can be a problem too! :rolleyes:

jeffmikers
12-03-2008, 12:21 PM
my four year old got a little over zealous with my xbox live headset. how bad do i need it to play l4d online? would it even be worth playing without it.

For the little amount that they cost, I'd go buy another one if I were you. I play a lot of Team Fortress 2 and we rarely start the game with no mics.

Here is a thread I found that may give you some insight into other people's thought processes:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=719275&highlight=mic

altf4
12-07-2008, 02:17 PM
If you are good at the game and the teamplaying, a headsset isn't requierd (make a easier word for it allready!). I for one enjoy playing with people with microphones, because it's just more fun to share reactions, tips and strategies.