PDA

View Full Version : 410,000 units sold, Congrats Valve!

kozmic_uk
12-12-2008, 09:29 AM
I would just like to congratulate Valve on releasing a great game that has the sales to prove it.

410,000 is a huge amount and it actually sold more than Sony's "killer app" Resistance 2.

Just think of all those microsoft points for the many amounts of DLC we will be getting.....hint hint ;)

insanity35
12-12-2008, 12:15 PM
Congrats value

Bunta
12-12-2008, 12:16 PM
Excellent news!

Well done Valve!

Tango1ndiaTango
12-12-2008, 09:54 PM
yeah but resistance 2 is unfortunately more resistible than resistance 1. :(
damn devs

Marauderz
12-14-2008, 12:36 AM
Yes, now please release the patch so we can host local coop games without being forced to dedicated srevers all the time!

rattustherat
12-14-2008, 01:57 AM
Yes, now please release the patch so we can host local coop games without being forced to dedicated srevers all the time!

This right here valve :).

Cringles
12-14-2008, 05:28 AM
Hope These numbers show Valve they do have a fan base on the console! Please support us cause we support you:D

WarlokkLLE
12-16-2008, 01:23 PM
Congrats and Thanks Valve! Left 4 Dead is one of the most played games in my 360 right now, so this is DEFINITELY huge for console gamers! :)

Veetus
12-17-2008, 02:32 AM

Just curious...what is wrong with playing dedicated servers? I thought they were less laggy anyway? And didn't get host-advantages?

Warp2
12-19-2008, 04:49 PM
Resistance 2 has sold 730k copies.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=15255&region=All

Both are amazing games and I thank and congratulate both Valve and Insomniac.

Marauderz
12-20-2008, 09:00 AM
Just curious...what is wrong with playing dedicated servers? I thought they were less laggy anyway? And didn't get host-advantages?

They're less laggy if you're CLOSE to them. If you read through all the posts complaining about the forced dedicated server usage you can see that the people complaining are in Asia.. Australia, etc. etc. not in the US which is where I'm guessing the dedicated servers are concentrated in.

Yes.. there will be no more host-advantages if you went with dedicated servers, but it's affecting the enjoyment of us playing CAMPAIGN games with our friends where we just want to kill zombies without a red bar ping lag.

That's why I said allow us to make local servers for CAMPAIGN games if they want to keep with the fair balacing.

rattustherat
12-20-2008, 09:10 AM
Instead of host advantage we have location advantage, which is worse since the advantage always goes to the same players (Americans). And, to be honest, the only game I know of on 360 where host advantage is an issue is Gears of War, which has notoriously terrible netcode. In general, with decent netcode (which left 4 dead has), there should be no noticable difference between playing as a host or client when both are in the same country.

Ideally I'd like to see Valve allow 360 hosted games in both campaign coop and versus, and also have an option to only search in your region for matchmaking.

Vonje
12-23-2008, 10:45 AM
Not even a million? Back in 2007 it wouldn't have been top 50 best selling games.

BluMagikMik3
12-23-2008, 12:03 PM
Instead of host advantage we have location advantage, which is worse since the advantage always goes to the same players (Americans). And, to be honest, the only game I know of on 360 where host advantage is an issue is Gears of War, which has notoriously terrible netcode. In general, with decent netcode (which left 4 dead has), there should be no noticable difference between playing as a host or client when both are in the same country.

Ideally I'd like to see Valve allow 360 hosted games in both campaign coop and versus, and also have an option to only search in your region for matchmaking.

try playing halo 3, host advantage is a real big issue in that game when using certain weapons like the hammer or sword or shotgun

jdawg88
12-28-2008, 05:33 PM
Resistance 2 has sold 730k copies.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=15255&region=All

Both are amazing games and I thank and congratulate both Valve and Insomniac.

http://vgchartz.com/swlaunch.php?reg1=All&game1=Left+4+Dead++-+X360&reg2=All&game2=Resistance+2+-+PS3&reg3=All&game3=&weeks=100

A million copies sold in 5 weeks, resistance 2 did it in 7, but they already had the fame from resistance 1.

Anyways, i love l4d and congrats to valve for that.... just don't forget about us, the console gamer.

Ps: i think resistance is just a game which copies the good things from a lot of other games, with just the addition of big ♥♥♥ monsters, but its a good game

StephanBotha
12-29-2008, 11:13 AM
Does that mean 410 000 people will download Dead Before Dawn! Oh crappidypoo!