PDA

View Full Version : Help clear this stuff up for me. (not exploits)

Rick Ames
12-28-2008, 10:56 PM
I'm an Xbox 360 player, please do not berate me because of it but I will list all of the numerous things I have found that seem like they are not as valve intended. If you can explain something away please tell me. These will not be exploits.
---------------------

I was playing versus today and I got to play the Tank twice in one game. Both time I feel the director screwed me over (coding error?).

The tank spawned under the generators in NM2, directly in the line of fire of 4 survivors. I was watching it die with a "you will become the tank" note until I got to play and I had less then half my health. I hit Zoey once and collapsed (I was watching its silhouette).

The tank spawned under the gas station and I had the "you will become the tank" note. I spawned and the roof had already fallen on me instantly killing me.

That's all I noticed on versus.
-------------------

On Campaign I have my speakers on at a decent level but this has been happening a lot to me so I'm starting to wonder if this is working as intended. I'll walk down a set of stairs and the tank is there and I had no cue music prior to that. Alternately this happens in other places too but always without cue music and always in a narrow place without me seeing it until its right in front of me.

The reverse of this is the Tank simply collapsing in front of us without us doing anything to it.

Normal infected incap in one hit (to the back?) I can't count the number of times I have 80 health and a zombie ends up behind me without me noticing and I'm incapacitated with only one red triangle flash.

--------------------
I have other problems, but these are the ones that seem to be things that you could put in a game by choice to make it cooler.

Side Note: I've had a guy use a lag switch at the same time a witch was attacking me. How does the network system work because I've never played a game where everyone has at least a medium connection in versus.

CalabusD
12-29-2008, 01:38 PM
The tank spawned under the generators in NM2, directly in the line of fire of 4 survivors. I was watching it die with a "you will become the tank" note until I got to play and I had less then half my health. I hit Zoey once and collapsed (I was watching its silhouette).
Lag, sorry it happens.

The tank spawned under the gas station and I had the "you will become the tank" note. I spawned and the roof had already fallen on me instantly killing me.
Bad luck, sorry it happens.

On Campaign I have my speakers on at a decent level but this has been happening a lot to me so I'm starting to wonder if this is working as intended. I'll walk down a set of stairs and the tank is there and I had no cue music prior to that. Alternately this happens in other places too but always without cue music and always in a narrow place without me seeing it until its right in front of me.
You only get the music cue if you have angered the tank (it seeing you.) You can sometimes hear the tank before making it mad, because it does this snorting sound.

The reverse of this is the Tank simply collapsing in front of us without us doing anything to it.
The tank has a frustration meter just like in versus, if he can't attack you after you have damaged it he simply dies after a short period of time.

Normal infected incap in one hit (to the back?) I can't count the number of times I have 80 health and a zombie ends up behind me without me noticing and I'm incapacitated with only one red triangle flash.
If you were playing on expert the normal zombies can do massive amounts of damage (I think its 10 damage a hit, but im not sure.) Perhaps you just didn't notice you were getting hit.

That should help a little.

Craysh
12-29-2008, 02:05 PM
Originally Posted by Rick Ames View Post
Lag, sorry it happens.
Actually, it seems like the Tank actually spawns before you're transferred to it.

If you were playing on expert the normal zombies can do massive amounts of damage (I think its 10 damage a hit, but im not sure.) Perhaps you just didn't notice you were getting hit.
If this is Versus, Hunter Melee is actually around 10 damage per swipe. I love jumping into a group of people who were boomed on and swiping them for major damage :)

Added a bit, damn quotes not counting towards character count ..>

Rick Ames
12-30-2008, 08:12 PM
Thank you, especially for the no tank cue music explanation.