PDA

View Full Version : Disconnect

mcclaine
01-01-2009, 08:37 AM
Disconnecting! Something that happens to me quite a lot in Left 4 Dead. I live in England. I never have a full green latancy bar and only Americans seem to ever get a good connection. I'm fine in any other game so it's not my connection or service.

If i was to guess i would say all these "dedicated Servers" are in america. which is all good and well for people in the U.S. but they only make up a small amount of the population compared the say the whole of europe, which have to suffer a crap connection and bad latancy.

This could easily be corrected by having some servers in other countries or just using Microsoft ones that are in other countries.

It worries me that Valve treat their customers so badly, It's a great way to lose said customers. And seeing as gaming is on the rise, Left 4 Dead may be the first game people buy from Valve. If they notice the bad service and quality they get. They maight think twice before buying another Valve product.

Maurerk
01-01-2009, 07:21 PM
Completely Agree with the last few sentences...

sandmanfvr
01-02-2009, 05:06 AM
The dedicated servers were a nice idea, but the option to local host should have been put in, we are all asking for this. Right now when I play with friends, this the only bad point to this game.

ForsakenSorrow
01-02-2009, 05:55 AM
If we cant stick it to other countries, then this isnt America and the terrorists have won.