PDA

View Full Version : Your computer does not meet the minimum video card requirements

Bullet_Cushion
01-05-2009, 07:16 AM
I recently picked up this game (like a lot of others) and I've sat down to give it a go but I am getting a strange issue.

The first time I ran it, after install and patching etc. it loaded fine, I went to the options menu to see if I could change the resolution, it asked me for my name and then it bluescreened.

After this, my pc rebooted fine and I reloaded steam. Stubbs changed the resolution, refused to show and did nothing, so I forced it shut through task manager.

Since then, it tells me my video card does not meet the minimum requirements. My card f**king blitzes the minimum requirements (8800GT 512), but it won't get past this message.

I am running Vista x64, now I know what you are going to say, but it worked fine on the same operating system on a latop with a 9600M GT 512.

Does anyone have any advice or tips on how I could get this game working on my desktop (the laptop isn't mine unfortunately heh)

Jango250
11-06-2009, 05:35 AM
I had a similar problem on my laptop, Nvidia Geforce GTX 260m on Vista x64. After I downloaded it and opened it crashed, then it would say that I don't meet the minimum video card requirement. After uninstalling it and downloading it 2 or 3 more times, it works just fine now. So just try downloading it again a few more times, it might work for you like it did for me.

Good luck

Bullet_Cushion
11-13-2009, 05:15 AM
(late update)

I gave up on the game originally after this issue and eventually I reformatted, gave it another try and it worked. Bit of an extreme solution, but I could play the game on my laptop (with nvidia 7300 Go) so it was easy to forget about it on my desktop.

Sorry for anyone else out there getting the same issue, can't really offer any advice other than maybe a reinstall.

oh and thanks for the advice jango250, much appreciated (probably would have worked)

LockerOfWecs
11-24-2009, 08:47 PM
this bug is such bull ♥♥♥♥

MarkG
07-03-2010, 12:04 AM
this bug is such bull ♥♥♥♥

Indeed: this game used to work fine on my 7800GS card, but now I've switched to my new laptop with a GT330 that's twice as fast, suddenly I 'do not meet the minimum requirements'. I don't fancy having to uninstall and reinstall multiple times in the hope that it will start working.

This is probably the most ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ piece of game programming I've seen in years; even if it was true, who are they to say I shouldn't be allowed to play the game at all when I could just play it poorly?

MarkG
07-03-2010, 12:50 AM
OK, it turns out to be even more ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ than I thought.

At least in my case, what this 'your system does not meet the minimum requirements' message really, actually, means is 'I don't like something about your save game'.

I'd copied the saves over from my old PC but it appears that isn't allowed, because as soon as I deleted the old Stubbs directory it started up. When I copied over the old save games I started getting this ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ message again. So if you change PCs it appears that you're forced to start the game all over again if you want to play it at all.