PDA

View Full Version : Xbox vs PC

Moe45673
01-07-2009, 10:01 AM
So I have the PC version. It's a great game, no doubt about it. However, I find myself rarely playing it. I love the game, but I just find gaming easier to do on the xbox.... I also have TF2 and Red Alert 3 on PC, but I rarely play either game. I don't know, mouse and keyboard are definitely better for gameplay but I find holding a controller to be more comfortable. When I'm on a PC, I'll usually be surfing the net or something.

Don't get me wrong, I have a great computer with a great Logitech gaming mouse, surround sound and an LCD 22" monitor, so it's not like performance/visuals is suffering.

Anyhow, anyone played both versions? Is the xbox version comparable? Do people communicate and play smartly (eg crouch when in front of the group or don't shoot a lone zombie attacking a teammate)? I played the demo when it was out and found it to be slightly different than the PC version, but I'd still have an equally enjoyable time playing it.

Help me decide!

El_Zo1212o
01-07-2009, 10:07 AM
better not to even bother asking. The PC community has shown itself less than objective regarding pc v. console.

Moe45673
01-07-2009, 10:08 AM
Hence why I posted this in the xbox section and not the PC section

ZoSo15
01-07-2009, 10:14 AM
If the controller is more comfortable for you then by all means. Whatever floats your boat.

I can't comment on the 360 community but from what I've heard, communication is much less of a problem than on pc. eg: most people have mics.

Just don't expect free updates or timely bug fixes.

Moe45673
01-07-2009, 10:17 AM
meh. I can pay for DLC, no issues with that. So basically, unlike TF2, there are no significant differences between the 2 if you take away everything outside the game itself (control method, tv vs monitor, couch vs. computer, etc)?

WarlokkLLE
01-07-2009, 10:25 AM
Communication definitely doesn't seem to be a problem on the 360, and Valve has stated they'll do simultaneous releases with both platforms.

Personally though, I also like the controller over the mouse and keyboard. I use to play Medal of Honor on my PC and LOVED it, but then slowly migrated towards console shooters and prefer those now.

El_Zo1212o
01-07-2009, 10:26 AM
Hence why I posted this in the xbox section and not the PC section

good point

Bunta
01-08-2009, 02:39 AM
From experience the 360 community is really good, there's some great players on the forum here and the majority of randoms that I have played with on live are pretty good with communication and working together. Sure, you are bound to get the odd "Rambo" who runs off but trying to save them when the trouble starts is all part of the fun!