PDA

View Full Version : Steam logging timed played?

Suhreman
01-13-2009, 02:47 PM
Anyone else having problems with steam logging your time played in WAR? I can play for 8 hours a day and it will not show up on my timed played. Ive tried launching with desktop icon or through steam games it still doesnt register timed played.
I purchased it through steam store thinking it would be compatable with steam features..

gurkoz
12-25-2009, 05:56 AM
Same issue here. I've sent numerous tickets about this to Steam but i guess they just don't care.

The thing is... I CARE! i bought this game on Steam and i'll really would like it to work as intended. C'mon Steam! put your back into it!

dementedlullaby
01-08-2010, 08:21 PM
I don't know if all the Steam MMO's do this or what but Aion doesn't log the time either. Kinda lame. Wish it did.

Until I get bored of Aion I won't go from Trial to full version of this. I keep an active WoW account too. Won't pay for 3 MMO's lol.

gurkoz
01-09-2010, 12:55 AM
I play Everquest now and then, and that game tracks game time. Im guessing since that one uses a launcher/patcher that is active the entire time you play the game. This is not the case with WAR. WAR just opens a patcher, closes that and then open another program. Clearly, Steam gets confused.

dementedlullaby
01-13-2010, 08:09 AM
Ah I see what you're saying and that sucks. Same with Aion that's why it won't log time.

Another thing that really blows about this is now that I'm playing Aion and WoW I don't play other steam games as much so my steam rating has taken a hit lol. No big deal or anything but yeah I'd like it to track.

dementedlullaby
01-18-2010, 05:57 PM
Okay if you go to properties and run steam under XP3 computability Aion will load the overlay so you can use that in game. However time still isn't tracking. Try it for warhammer.

Morgurthion
06-24-2010, 04:01 PM
lol, I have the same problem, but my friend who plays the game gets his time logged and it says In-Gam Warhammer in his profile. He says he hasn't done anything to make it so... and I don't have the steam overlay either, even though it's checked at properties in steam. solution?