PDA

View Full Version : Cheats in Bioshock

Sinara Snake
01-19-2009, 01:42 PM
Hey, I just beat the game, and wanted to go through with cheats. How do you cheat in the Steam version of Bioshock, if we can even do it. Considering it's run through steam, and all the websites say to edit a file as if it was part of the store bought games.

KeRupTion
01-19-2009, 01:50 PM
You have to get to the game files in steam/steamapps/common/bioshock. I never got the cheats to work though.

Sinara Snake
02-15-2009, 12:04 PM
Yeah, I keep trying to find a way to do it, but can't seem to get it to work.

ilikeeggs00579
03-09-2009, 03:39 PM
just go to this address, download the trainer and read the instructions. theres not as much variety of cheats, but its pretty cool. Also u might have to try launching bioshock from steam a couple of times. also you have to extract the trainer files first.

Here is the website

http://www.cheathappens.com/show_download.asp?ID=23532

marx0012
03-16-2009, 01:25 AM
cheats in steam version of bioshock?

go here (http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/home/924919.html)
worked for me.... (still is)

intel352
04-11-2009, 10:46 PM
the trainer at CheatHappens works for me under Win7 x64
http://www.cheathappens.com/show_download.asp?ID=23532

before running, I set it to compatibility mode for WinXP SP2

YahooElite
04-12-2009, 02:31 AM
CheatHappens is a well known place for Trainers, they make trainers every time a new game comes out. im a paying subscriber and no one compares to them.

BlueHarvest
07-05-2009, 10:36 AM
No trainer work and no *.ini cheats this really sucks !

Farlong
07-05-2009, 01:08 PM
No trainer work and no *.ini cheats this really sucks !

The gamefaqs link have .ini cheats...

BlueHarvest
07-11-2009, 09:36 AM
The gamefaqs link have .ini cheats...

...and where are they?
Do they really work?

slayerking
07-11-2009, 10:15 AM
...and where are they?
Do they really work?
in post number 5 behind the big HERE ;)

The_Thing
07-11-2009, 10:44 AM
It's fun when you use cheats to mess around. I wish you can create splicers with one simple key.

BlueHarvest
07-12-2009, 05:12 AM
in post number 5 behind the big HERE ;)

Ok maybe you donīt understand me, but none of the cheats works!
NONE ! Iīve changed the User.ini F10=Heal or F11=Givebioammo with no effect tried to change DefUser.ini with same results. Then tried the Plasmid.txt cheat also with no effect.

iīve red tons of how toīs and executed them step by step....nothing happens. This is really frustrating! :confused: :( :(
Why the hell this wonīt work ????

YahooElite
07-16-2009, 03:07 AM
as i said cheathappens.com ive USED the trainer they made for Bioshock and it WORKS. every trainer they have WORKS. hell they have made trainers for L4D single player. Nough said.

HotFury
07-17-2009, 05:39 PM
Why would u wanna cheat? The game is EASY even on hard difficulty setting =/

BlueHarvest
07-18-2009, 02:27 AM

Tough man!
There are "good" gamers and there are "bad" gamers as well.
I count myself to the last one.
Its difficult for me and i get in bad temper when Mr.Bubbles have killed me and iīve to start from the beginning and this guy is powerde up again and me not. Thereīs no thrill for me. This is the reason why i need the cheatīs which wonīt work!.

Froooooom
07-19-2009, 04:00 AM
Well only the first 3 Big Daddy's or so are relatively hard, the rest is easy
to be honest... good luck with finding proper working cheats

RakkaDaReal
07-20-2009, 05:35 PM

Thank you it is pretty easy, but you have to admit when you have god mode on you can let a big daddy just wail on you all day and then beat him down with your wrench or incinerate him to death, with no worries. good times for me.

If you are using steam you don't have the ini. file. I used the int. and the ina files to put the cheats in. Make sure the cheats are in the same place in both files and are bound to any key besides a key that's used it game play, or the number pad. i used F9 through 12.

YahooElite
07-21-2009, 05:01 AM
personally i think cheats can be fun.. i mean if your bored why not? but anyway, depending on where you go trainers do work, if you use them correctly anyway..

|TTU|VaD3rTM
08-06-2009, 03:41 PM
he said that he has completed the game and he wants to use the cheats for a bit of fun so stop saying things about him useing cheats...

Anyways, The trainers dont have proper teleportaions and dont have the fly/ghost cheats,

I to want to know how to get the in-game cheats to work but they is no defuser.ini in the steam version and they is no ina either (that bit to RakkaDaReal)

RakkaDaReal
08-14-2009, 02:19 PM
he said that he has completed the game and he wants to use the cheats for a bit of fun so stop saying things about him useing cheats...

Anyways, The trainers dont have proper teleportaions and dont have the fly/ghost cheats,

I to want to know how to get the in-game cheats to work but they is no defuser.ini in the steam version and they is no ina either (that bit to RakkaDaReal)

Its the defuser.int and defuser.ita. not ina sorry for the mistake.

If you need help I can post step by step instructions for those who need help.

|TTU|VaD3rTM
08-15-2009, 05:30 AM
Its the defuser.int and defuser.ita. not ina sorry for the mistake.

If you need help I can post step by step instructions for those who need help.

Ahh, thanks

|TTU|VaD3rTM
08-15-2009, 06:21 AM
Nope, dosent work

Neither does the USer file located in aplication data (XP)

darkrai88
08-17-2009, 09:52 AM

Don't feed the trolls, kiddies.

MADDOGGE
08-17-2009, 11:08 AM
Just what is the difference between cheats and a trainer. Don't know thats why I am asking.

|TTU|VaD3rTM
08-17-2009, 01:00 PM
The trainer dosent have the proper cheats PLUs it dosent have noclip OR the teloportaion (not the one that comes with proper cheats anyway) I mainly wanted th cheats for noclip... so i could exploor the water a little (the buildings at the begin, Idk why i do that sort of stuff i just like doing it)

bl00k
09-13-2009, 10:50 AM
Hi, I am also trying to get the Bioshock cheats to work in Steam and have had no luck.

I see the DefUser_ita.ini and DefUser_int.ini files but they don't have my keybindings for the game. In fact I can't find any file that has my keybindings. I changed the default controls in the game and not of the .ini file reflect those changes I made.

I really want to get the cheats working in Steam so if anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it.

YahooElite
09-15-2009, 06:48 PM
yeah i know this is a bit old but just to explain.. Cheats are those that are Built into the game thus requiring a code of some sort to activate the cheat..

a Trainer is a program that runs in the backgroud and edits the memory of a game to give a cheat effect and can be activated or deactivated with a single Key or combo of keys.

For example: if a game doesnt have cheats for say Infinite HP or ammo or some such, a code creator(someone that makes trainers for games) goes onto the game and finds the memory address for HP or Ammo and creates a trainer that LOCKS the address for that specific thing which will make it so your HP or Ammo doesnt go down when your hit or you use a weapon.

Trainers also offer more times then enough better cheats then what most games built in cheats offer thus in many cases offers more fun.

so with that said a trainer is a program that locks specific memory addresses within a game to give a cheat effect, many of which are not available through normal cheats.

|TTU|VaD3rTM
09-29-2009, 12:13 PM
(i know this is onld once again)
They is no good trainers out there for this game, If you can find one that allows you to noclip (like the game's cheats can) and also teleport you to your pointer (not just the marker you set) Then I'll shut up.

But it seems they is no way for the steam version so...

The Yellow Dart
10-29-2009, 12:44 PM
I read around trying to find cheats for the steam version of BioShock (I dont play a lot of FPS and was sick of dying to Bid Daddys) Here is how to do it on my blog:

http://www.kylecaulfield.com/steam-version-of-bioshock-cheats-working

Hope it helps

The Yellow Dart

PeachPest
12-31-2009, 12:43 PM
I can confirm that it is "DefUser_int.ini" that needs to be changed in the steam version the cheats do work iv just tried and tested them.

FTracy3
01-01-2010, 01:36 PM
Can you tell me where in that file you're assigning the keys? For example, there are several blank "f12=". So far I haven't gotten this to work. (Windows 7 64). Also tried editing the user.ini file in the Applications/Roaming/Bioshock but that didn't do it either.

Never mind, working now (edited the first f12).

EVOL BABY
07-13-2010, 10:37 PM
Okay so I've done all the steps and am using Windows 7 with the Steam version of Bioshock 1.

I put my Plasmid.txt, Weapons.txt, research.txt, and upgrades.txt in the proper directory and when I hit my key to initiate them I get the weapons but no ammo. I get the plasmid slots opened but no plasmids. Here's an example of my Plasmid.txt file:

GEP EfficientCrafter
GEP EfficientCrafterTwo
GEP ProlificCrafter
GEP ElectricBody
GEP ElectricBodyTwo
GEP SummonProtector
GEP SummonProtectorTwo
GEP Telekinesis
GEP DecoyHuman
GEP ChameleonBlood
GEP FastTwitch
GEP FastTwitchTwo
GEP ThoroughScavenger
GEP ArmoredBody
GEP ArmoredBodyTwo
GEP SuperHeated
GEP SuperHeatedTwo
GEP ChargedBursts
GEP ChargedBurstsTwo
GEP EyeForDetail
GEP EyeForDetailTwo
GEP DeepResearcher
GEP DeepResearcherTwo
GEP MeleeMaster
GEP MeleeMasterTwo
GEP SneakAttack
GEP SneakAttackTwo
GEP FreezingNimbus
GEP FreezingNimbusTwo
GEP BerserkRage
GEP ElectricBolt
GEP ElectricBoltTwo
GEP ElectricBoltThree
GEP IcicleAssault
GEP IcicleAssaultTwo
GEP IcicleAssaultThree
GEP Incineration
GEP IncinerationTwo
GEP IncinerationThree
GEP InsectSwarmPlasmid
GEP InsectSwarmPlasmidTwo
GEP InsectSwarmPlasmidThree
GEP SecurityBeacon
GEP SpringboardTrap
GEP SpringboardTrapTwo
GEP BioAmmoEfficiency
GEP Bloodlust
GEP BoozeHound
GEP GeneticHacker
GEP GeneticHackerTwo
GEP GeneticHackerThree
GEP HealthyConsumer
GEP HealthyConsumerTwo
GEP HealthyConsumerThree
GEP MedHypoOmnisynthesis
GEP MedHypoOmnisynthesisTwo
GEP MedicineFriendly
GEP MedicineFriendlyTwo
GEP MedicineFriendlyThree
GEP NearSightedCameras
GEP NearSightedCamerasTwo
GEP OrganicPockets
GEP ThoroughScavenger
GEP AlarmExpert
GEP AlarmExpertTwo
GEP ElectronicsExpert
GEP ElectronicsExpertTwo
GEP ExtendedShutdown
GEP ExtendedShutdownTwo
GEP HackingExpert
GEP HackingExpertTwo
GEP SecuritySystemsExpert
GEP SecuritySystemsExpertTwo
GEP ShorterAlarm
GEP ShorterAlarmTwo
GEP SlowFlow
GEP SlowFlowTwo
GEP StationExpert
GEP StationExpertTwo
GEP VendingExpert
GEP VendingExpertTwo
GEP MachineBully
GEP MachineBullyTwo

So what am I doing wrong? When I hit my Exec Plasmid.txt file I get a message I've opened a new Plasmid slot and that's all. I go to a gene bank and see all six slots opened but no new or list of all the plasmids.