PDA

View Full Version : Most Wanted vs Carbon?

EvaUnit02
01-20-2009, 10:58 AM
Doing a google search on this topic shows very mixed opinions from console users. Which do you PC gamers believe is the better game out of Most Wanted and Carbon, and why?

Thanks in advance.

Freyar
01-20-2009, 12:41 PM
Most Wanted

Most Wanted was the first of the two, and was the first exposure to the radically beefed up police UI. Carbon on the otherhand, seemed like a mod more than anything else, so the price point of $50 for a "mod" of Most Wanted did not sit well. There wasn't enough that was new, and it makes sense since it was back when EA was only allowing for one-year development cycles.

linfosoma
01-20-2009, 01:47 PM
I agree 100% with Freyar.
Im still playing Most Wanted.

tonka
01-20-2009, 01:56 PM
For me, Most Wanted because this one I played until the end, Carbon only I played two or three hours and later, I don't played more...

Seth.Sekhmet
01-20-2009, 11:59 PM
Most Wanted was better than Carbon. Still is better. It just lacks Canyon Races... and the wing man with ability.

Andrew Cree
01-22-2009, 02:00 AM
Most Wanted, cos you can mod it.

evilap
02-17-2009, 03:13 PM
Most wanted is definitely more fun than Carbon but I like Undercover better than both of them, as I played Most Wanted and Carbon to death, they were both very fun games for me though.

jordybb
07-05-2009, 01:07 AM
Undoubtedly most wanted. most wanted is really cool game than carbon. carbon is far behind than mw. you can mod mw and the cops is really good. i had completed both versions of nfs and i find mw is much better than carbon.

MR_R33JET
08-11-2009, 09:38 PM
Most Wanted

Most Wanted was the first of the two, and was the first exposure to the radically beefed up police UI. Carbon on the otherhand, seemed like a mod more than anything else, so the price point of $50 for a "mod" of Most Wanted did not sit well. There wasn't enough that was new, and it makes sense since it was back when EA was only allowing for one-year development cycles.

I agree with this. Most wanted was the first and it actually brought the police AI for the first time, which I enjoyed a lot and still do, but carbon was just a beefed up version with nothing really new added on to it.

arizonachris
09-07-2009, 10:12 AM
Most Wanted, definately. I liked driving in the daylight finally after both of the Underground series. Plus, I could never get past the second (or first?) Canyon Race in Carbon. After you try for 2 or 3 hours, you get burned out on trying.

I loved Trading Paint with the cops. Sheer fun! Can't get that in real life for sure. ;) Have yet to finish the game, never seem to be able to get that last Milestone. Chris.

MADDOGGE
09-10-2009, 08:50 PM
Most Wanted!!

snipergod
09-28-2009, 08:59 AM
most wanted. but i like the non-street racing versions better :P

VBProject
09-28-2009, 09:06 AM
Most Wanted!!! Best NFS Ever!

drivermini
10-29-2009, 02:53 PM

Most Wanted :) Carbon wasn't a bad game, but after all the new things MW brought to the table, Carbon just didn't deliver on its expectations. + In Carbon you don't get the BlackList!

Best game ever though? Quite possibly, but what about Road Challenge for PS1? I loved that game!!:cool:

radu191289
12-15-2009, 03:57 AM
Since Most Wanted, the NFS is very disappointing. Carbon was a mod for most wanted (like Freyar says), Pro street was very boring linear racing game and then EA tried to copy most wanted resulting Undercover, and now they are trying to compete with Grid, creating Shift... it's a shame.
I don't know how NFS Online will be, but I'm sure this franchise needs to be repaired with Underground 3...

ElfShotTheFood
12-16-2009, 07:23 AM
Carbon had much better car customization than Most Wanted and the Canyon Duels were fun, but MW is far superior in every other way.

mAnIk8000
01-08-2010, 02:29 PM
Yeah most wanted...carbon had cool cars and mountain drifting again but most wanted was the most original out of the series

hund_
03-13-2010, 07:21 PM

i approve of this post ;)

drivermini
03-14-2010, 07:52 AM
I think Shift was quite promising actually, but the damage models on the cars needed to be more realistic. I felt it was directly targeting Grid and from the demo I played, it didn't win me over. However I haven't played the full game so I wouldn't be able to draw a proper conclusion!

But anyway, yeah. My favourite Need For Speed games were Underground 2 and Most Wanted; think it kinda peaked there and hasn't been as good since. (Oh and I loved Road Challenge; what do you call that game in the US, High Stakes?).

arizonachris
03-14-2010, 09:30 AM
That may have been "Hot Pursuit" actually. That's one of the early NFS games.

I loved Underground 1&2, but it was too much customizing needed to rank up and progress. Most Wanted minimized that and gave us cop cars to smash, and helicopters to evade. Carbon was a total letdown. Undercover was good, but never recaptured the original spirit, and Shift, like you said, got totally away from the original game.

Hmm, makes me want to fire up Most Wanted, hook up the MOMO and drive for a few hours. ;)

drivermini
03-16-2010, 01:53 PM
Nope, definitely Road Challenge (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Need_for_Speed_Road_Challenge).

I loved that game. Why I never bought is beyond me, lol! (rented it).

Agreed though, I think they need to take a step-back and focus on the things fans loved so much about Most Wanted.

Tell you what I liked about NFSU though, was the way you started off in modest cars (I mean properly modest, my gran owns one of those cars :cool:) and worked your way up. Something you don't really see that often in games. I mean the initial line-up in the second game of a Peugeot 106 & 206, Vauxhall Corsa, etc.; I thought that was quite a novelty :)

dullen87
04-02-2010, 10:46 AM
Most wanted, not sure why I love it as the best NFS game ever... but everything is so smooth and great about... the graphics and so on..

Unfortunately you can't buy Most wanted off steam so I bought Undercover instead... good game as well...

arizonachris
04-02-2010, 11:16 AM
Tell you what I liked about NFSU though, was the way you started off in modest cars (I mean properly modest, my gran owns one of those cars :cool:) and worked your way up. Something you don't really see that often in games. I mean the initial line-up in the second game of a Peugeot 106 & 206, Vauxhall Corsa, etc.; I thought that was quite a novelty :)

The thing that got tedious about both the Underground games was having to constanly go to this garage or that garage and paint, or add decals, or upgrade to get you car to the next level. They were still both fun games.

Porshe Unleashed was my first NFS game. After that I was hooked. no turning back, baby! :D