PDA

View Full Version : making a mod?

awhippo
01-28-2009, 01:05 AM
i want to get in a team that is making a hl2 mod i can map a little and i know very little C++ but all i want to do is look how you guys make it and how its set up i do have very good ideas and i an be a voice for the of the charters you can contact me here or at luckycs2008@gmail.com

z33ky
01-28-2009, 03:20 AM
I'd say imporve either your mapping-skills my making maps for CS:S or TF2 or L4D or something or learn more C++ untill you can tackle the Source-code and toy around with it a little, so you know some stuff about it. (Or maybe both ;).)
Then just look around ModDB (www.moddb.com) and/or FPSBanana (www.fpsbanana.com) and you'll find some mods. Make sure the team has actually some media, so you can see if it's a somewhat experienced team.

EDIT:
Oh, and next time, try to use punctuation, some upper-case letters and try to stay away from big one-line sentences ;)

zombie@computer
01-28-2009, 05:07 AM
Not many mods will want you to sniff around in their kitchen without doing anything/much, no matter what, each non-100% committed team member is a security risk.

What i'd do is record some voicing and then try to apply to various mods as a voice actor. Good voice actors are scarce.

joff
01-30-2009, 11:56 PM
your never going to get anywhere like that, You need to make some kind of mini portfolio to show what you can do, Some mods dont share the code until builds so you would be better off learning the code aswell