PDA

View Full Version : There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction.

Pages : [1] 2 3

CharlieWoo
02-02-2009, 01:02 PM
I've posted a ticket about this already, but I'm just curious if anyone knows a way to get this working.

I've been trying to purchase Fallout 3 in the last couple days. After I add the item to my cart. Goto my cart. Select 'Purchase for Myself.' Then accept the terms and conditions. I arrive at the payment info screen.

Now.. I've tried two available payment options for myself. Visa and Paypal. They both give me the same error.
"There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance."

I've also tried logging in through steampowered.com and purchasing it through the website even though its pretty much the same thing as doing it through the program. But it also gives me the same error this way.

I've been trying for several days now. So I'm just thinking its either a problem with my my account or somewhere on steam's server side.

*edit*
I guess I've been trying too many times in the last hour or something. Now I get the following message when I try to purchase the game.

"There has been an internal error initializing your transaction. Please contact support for assistance."

*edit*
The issue has resolved itself. z-z

Smitty
02-02-2009, 01:46 PM
:confused:WTF STEAM, I just went to purchase a game and same @#$% happen to me :o. I tried mastercard and paypal :mad:

I've posted a ticket about this already, but I'm just curious if anyone knows a way to get this working.

I've been trying to purchase Fallout 3 in the last couple days. After I add the item to my cart. Goto my cart. Select 'Purchase for Myself.' Then accept the terms and conditions. I arrive at the payment info screen.

Now.. I've tried two available payment options for myself. Visa and Paypal. They both give me the same error.
"There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance."

I've also tried logging in through steampowered.com and purchasing it through the website even though its pretty much the same thing as doing it through the program. But it also gives me the same error this way.

I've been trying for several days now. So I'm just thinking its either a problem with my my account or somewhere on steam's server side.

FOOGLEMAN
02-02-2009, 01:50 PM
Same thing here, But for EVE Online

Smitty
02-02-2009, 01:53 PM
i'm thinking it's a steam server overflow or some sort of bandwith problem

FOOGLEMAN
02-02-2009, 01:56 PM
For a couple of days? and why did it affect us, I have a friend who bought his EVE account last night and had no problems.

Smitty
02-02-2009, 01:59 PM
:confused:Truth. I'm getting impataint, and walmart is like 1 minute away, but I hate cd's.

For a couple of days? and why did it affect us, I have a friend who bought his EVE account last night and had no problems.

FOOGLEMAN
02-02-2009, 02:02 PM
:confused:Truth. I'm getting impataint, and walmart is like 1 minute away, but I hate cd's.

Agree'd, Plus the 5 dollar discount on my item is only avaliable on steam :(

CharlieWoo
02-02-2009, 02:06 PM
I guess I've been trying to many times in the last hour or something. Now I get the following message when I try to purchase the game.

"There has been an internal error initializing your transaction. Please contact support for assistance."

FOOGLEMAN
02-02-2009, 02:09 PM
I guess I've been trying to many times in the last hour or something. Now I get the following message when I try to purchase the game.

Yeah, I get that ever 3rd or 4th try...

I'm getting angry... (don't finish the quote, I have no intention of turning green)

Smitty
02-02-2009, 02:10 PM
I get that message too, like it switch's messages now and then.

FOOGLEMAN
02-02-2009, 02:43 PM
Any help? like an ETA for a fix, or a " do this to fix this" person?

Smitty
02-02-2009, 02:46 PM
well, i'm on my way to wally world. I could get it on newegg.com if I wanted to wait 3 days, but im a gamer and waiting is not my game.

Wallbanger
02-02-2009, 03:26 PM
I've had it with Steam. Every few years I get amnesia and forget how gigantically they screw up everything. I mean honestly, does it get any more embarrassing than not being able TO SELL THE PRODUCTS THEY'RE TRYING TO SELL?

Screw off Steam. I'm going to go enjoy something that functions. Rot.

Ripperjk
02-02-2009, 07:34 PM
This is completely frustrating. Getting the same error here. Have tried 20+ times this evening.

If they're working on some part of the store - at least they could let us know.

Afterall, we're TRYING to give them OUR MONEY and they dont seem to want it. Heh.

CharlieWoo
02-03-2009, 05:29 AM
The issue has resolved itself. z-z

Pizzapete32
03-06-2009, 09:51 AM
I'm having this problem too
But earlier, I had a different problem
"An unexpected error has occurred. Your purchase has not been completed.
Please contact Steam Support."
What can I do? (I have already submitted a ticket thing)
I just wanna get cod4 :eek:
Any ideas?

Severus
03-09-2009, 01:14 AM
I have the same problem with buying UT3 ...

I chose Paypal and filled in alle the required infos in the form...

Is there ANY workaround? Because I found nothing with the search function ..

//edit:
Screenshot:
http://www.abload.de/img/steam_paypal_errorivu6.jpg

Pizzapete32
03-09-2009, 06:22 AM
I emailed steam support, here's what i got:
"Hello Peter,

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

Your transaction has been flagged by our fraud prevention system. For the protection of the account holder," etc.

It was from when my account was stolen...
Just email steam and they should sort it out.

kScope
03-09-2009, 06:33 AM
Same here, no way to buy using paypal :(

Shadow_Deamon1
03-20-2009, 03:44 PM
See what they have done, they got things at lowered prices but we cant get them :mad:

I managed to get past the error and log in to paypal etc but then i click purchase it said there was an error and i cant get back to it

Snoux
11-17-2009, 03:27 PM
Yea, same error here. To top that, i cannot even open up a ticket, because
"Please confirm your account by following the instructions in your welcome email. If you have not received the welcome email you can have it resent."
...which is funny, cuz ive already done that, since i had to open up a ticket). And i also cannot have the welcome mail resent to my email, it just wouldnt arrive. Theres nothing wrong with the junk filter, checked those, was empty, they are just not sent. So if any mod would read this, please respont.

Id like to purchase modern warfare 2, but it just keeps bugging me with this annoying error, dont know what to do...
Other than buying the retail version, which i am tempted to do so :/

celopes
11-28-2009, 10:37 AM
Anybody having this problem today? I can't buy the games from the new list...

ZeroZeroQuatre
11-28-2009, 10:49 AM
Same problem here, I can't buy anything, neither for me nor as gift, neither MasterCard nor Paypal. All I recieve is this error message :
There has been an internal error initializing your transaction. Please contact support for assistance.
Will this problem be settled alone or shall we go bother someone with a ticket ?

nifelan
11-28-2009, 10:55 AM
Same problem here and I fear that we won't be able to buy the things we want in time :(

celopes
11-28-2009, 10:57 AM
I narrowed it down to Ghostbusters. I removed it from my cart, and the purchase went on normally. Since I'm in Brazil, and this game was region restricted here before, I think Valve forgot to do something to make it work worldwide.

nifelan
11-28-2009, 10:58 AM
Neither Trine nor Borderlands work here in Austria/Vienna for me :(

Peandreo
11-28-2009, 10:59 AM
Here same problem...

Gomataka
11-28-2009, 11:53 AM
All working here !

Maybe someting wrong with europe censoreship :S

ZeroZeroQuatre
11-28-2009, 01:18 PM
Got an official answer from ticket : Ghostbuters isn't available in my region (= France)

Wargod
11-28-2009, 01:29 PM
and in which regions is it available?
and why can we see it in the store and add it to our carts then?

Usually you can't do that when the game is not available in your region.

nifelan
11-28-2009, 01:34 PM
Interestingly, my brother can send me the games as gifts just fine and he lives in Austria too - but in a different province.

Wargod
11-28-2009, 01:39 PM
oO
so it works?
Well ... should work for all, cuz you can add it to your cart, which wasn't possible before the holiday deal ...

so i'd say its the stupid standard steam support response then ...

GNARGL ... hope they fix this!

nifelan
11-28-2009, 01:47 PM
I had quite a few different errors occur, even one stating that something is wrong with my credit card (I don't even have one!).
Seems to be a regional issue somehow. Like I said, my brother has no issues at all but there in Vienna I can't buy pretty much anything.

Wargod
11-28-2009, 01:58 PM
hmm ... sucks that this happens during a holiday sale ... darn ...

Xcava86X
12-03-2009, 02:57 AM
I don't want to complain about the fact that 1€ ≠ 1$ but I'm going to pay 21,27 € and steam still saying this s***. Or 1€ = 1$ or don't make me wait. I hope this will solve soon or I will not but KF+DLC.

Xcava86X
12-04-2009, 11:35 AM
by the way after two days I still unable to buy.. same message I'm contacting you to know why this happens. I've not seen anyone of the staff posting in this thread, why? Are you going to delete my account or what?

Pournelaos
12-04-2009, 12:11 PM
Same with me. I couldn't buy Monkey island, zeno clash, loom and every game I tried to. :S
(And still can't).
They don't even answer my open ticket. Excellent customer service. -.-

Xcava86X
12-05-2009, 09:34 AM
And then you ban people for saying that they download games by torrent o\ well I cannot buy your games dudes! It's time to learn to give cusomer services, do you need some lessons? Because it's my work and your lack can offer me the chance to earn some money collaborating with you o\ REALLY eh!

DeSTRoYeR661
12-22-2009, 11:05 PM
I am now getting this problem, right at the start of the EFFING SALE!!! FARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRR..........

aarste
12-24-2009, 09:36 AM
Getting this right now, will this be solved in a matter of hours? As I want to buy a gift for someone for xmas...

glree
12-26-2009, 12:13 AM
been unable to buy for 3 days now with this problem. Pissed off.

Anthony_Attwood
01-01-2010, 09:11 AM
Ah! I'm trying to get myself a hell of a good bargain here and the same error keeps popping up! D:

Estrichleger
01-01-2010, 09:17 AM
What is wrong here.

I want to buy MAss Effect and i get this errormessage.

Butane
01-01-2010, 09:19 AM
^ Same thing is happening to me as well. Its a pain in the butt.

zpr23
01-01-2010, 09:23 AM
It's a system overload. You have to wait a little bit. A lot of people are trying to buy stuff!

phatphob
01-01-2010, 09:29 AM
im trying to buy trials 2 + mass effect, and getting this error.

theredribbon
01-01-2010, 09:31 AM
I haven't been able to buy games in the last 48 hours and i´m having a feeling i´ll miss Mass Effect aswell.

info: using ClickandBuy

antiver
01-01-2010, 09:34 AM
Same error trying to buy Mass Effect.

Trashcantoy
01-01-2010, 09:36 AM
the only solution to this error is to be patient and wait, then try again.

Heinz
01-01-2010, 09:46 AM
I hope I'll have time to buy Portal. :/

Ansive
01-01-2010, 09:46 AM
Getting the error trying to buy Mass Effect as well. Both by visa and paypal.

The funny thing is... I managed to send the game as a gift (visa)... but I can't get it for myself, lol. I'll try later.

Wuzzzy
01-01-2010, 09:47 AM
im trying to buy trials 2 + mass effect, and getting this error.

Same here.

zibbizor
01-01-2010, 09:55 AM
trying to buy mass effect, same problem here.

danthetaliban
01-01-2010, 09:58 AM
Just thought i'd join the crowd of keen Mass Effect buyers who can't purchase the game.

I'm from UK fyi. Same error. I tried paypal first, now i cant do anything.

Rhinne
01-01-2010, 10:00 AM
Another here who can't purchase Mass Effect, or Portal.

UK here,and tried both Paypal and VISA both with the same result.

I'll try again later. Shame, cos I wanted to get Mass Effect downloaded.

CrZ_ro
01-01-2010, 10:01 AM
Same problem.Mass Effect and Trials 2.
Tried separately, same error message : "There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction"

*I still have a transaction to paypal->steam that is being processed by my bank.

Anyone else has transaction to steam that are being processed?
Romania here.

LE: Just tried buying MW2, Witcher, same error. I think that at the moment their charging/buying system is not working properly.

Sam Stoat
01-01-2010, 10:03 AM
I'm from UK fyi. Same error. I tried paypal first, now i cant do anything.
UK here, too. Bought quite a lot since the sale started, through Paypal, but tried to buy Trials 2 today and got the error.

Cryo
01-01-2010, 10:05 AM
Meh. I'm having the problem while trying to buy the id Super Pack.

Overnight_Guy
01-01-2010, 10:08 AM
Just so everyone knows, if you check your account on the website, the games show up as purchased. We just have to wait for the staff at steam to sort it out.

I think whatever system they use for charging has gone down and all of our transactions are probably queued waiting for it to be rectified. I checked with my bank and there has not been an attempt to charge my card yet.

Just sit tight

danthetaliban
01-01-2010, 10:12 AM
Just so everyone knows, if you check your account on the website, the games show up as purchased. We just have to wait for the staff at steam to sort it out.

I think whatever system they use for charging has gone down and all of our transactions are probably queued waiting for it to be rectified. I checked with my bank and there has not been an attempt to charge my card yet.

Just sit tight

I just checked my account page, it shows all my successful purchases, nothing about Mass Effect though. ( https://store.steampowered.com/account/ )

phatphob
01-01-2010, 10:13 AM
Just so everyone knows, if you check your account on the website, the games show up as purchased.

oh yeh your right. i thought my account got flagged. i shouldn't have stayed up late for these new specials

Overnight_Guy
01-01-2010, 10:15 AM
I just checked my account page, it shows all my successful purchases, nothing about Mass Effect though. ( https://store.steampowered.com/account/ )

Look further down the page for "Recent Steam Store Transactions"

It will be there saying #youraccount_pending

Give it time, something has crashed and all payments are being queued.

danthetaliban
01-01-2010, 10:18 AM
Look further down the page for "Recent Steam Store Transactions"

It will be there saying #youraccount_pending

Give it time, something has crashed and all payments are being queued.

Hmm, i don't have that either. I paid by Paypal mind, so the transaction wont have happened. However, i tried once with Visa.

I can only guess that your transaction went further than mine have. I'll just sit tight as you suggested and try again later.

N1GHTRA1N
01-01-2010, 10:19 AM
I get the same message. I also just got an email saying my Credit Card was declined. I contacted Visa and my card should be fine. I see the game listed as FAILED in the transaction section with the steam webpage. I also can't pay with Paypal.

What is going on?

UltimateO
01-01-2010, 10:19 AM
Thanks danthetaliban. I checked my account and it says Event: Failed, Total: N/A so I guess it's safe to try again after few hours.

blax
01-01-2010, 10:28 AM
Same problem. :(

zibbizor
01-01-2010, 10:30 AM
Well now I'm having this : There has been an internal error initializing your transaction. Please contact support for assistance.

thirtythirty
01-01-2010, 10:30 AM
Have the same issues!

Pls Valve, fix this!

Overnight_Guy
01-01-2010, 10:31 AM
Just had an email saying card was declined and it's now allowing me to try to purchase again. This time through the website and it's still hanging on "working...."

I know my card is good since I have spoken to my bank regarding this. Wonder how long this is gonna keep up lol!

CrZ_ro
01-01-2010, 10:31 AM
I am curious if anyone has been able to buy something from steam. I've tried games that are not in any offers (modern warfare 2) and other games and i still have the error.
I've placed a call to support.. maybe they will respond in time.

I don't have any queued transaction in my steam account page but i use paypal witch needs another confirmation versus visa.

Overnight_Guy
01-01-2010, 10:33 AM
It went through this time, though was slow!

Hopefully it's fixed :)

DaRKoNeNL
01-01-2010, 10:33 AM
Same problem here, tried paying by PayPal & MasterCard.
No success :(

linfosoma
01-01-2010, 10:34 AM
I am so annoyed right now.

Imeran
01-01-2010, 10:34 AM
Same Problem here for "Mass Effect" and "Portal". Both in the Steam-Client Store and in Firefox. I'm from Germany.
In my Account Details there's nothing about a pending purchase. Tried PayPal and Visa. Tried Both games together and as seperate purchases.
I keep getting one of two different error mesasges at random. One with "[...]or updating[...]" in it and one just saying "There has been an internal error initializing your transaction. Please contact support for assistance."

I better hope that those two are not sold out in a few hours (I saw one "Sold Out" game already during the Holiday Specials).

zibbizor
01-01-2010, 10:35 AM
aw no luck here :(

Hossie
01-01-2010, 10:37 AM
Interesting even when thousands of people want to buy stuff that no one from Valve / Steam is here to tell us what to do (wait, purchase again, etc.). :mad:

Atlas_lives
01-01-2010, 10:41 AM
I just tried again after waiting quite a while and it's still declined.

The worst part about all of this, aside from the obvious issues with their checkout system/fraud system/network/whatever is the fact that Steam support kind of...blows. I'm assuming they're gone for the holiday/weekend.

RHALX
Same problem here.

I'm desperately trying to buy mass effect, but nothing works. Tried on steam uk, eu, etc...

I always get the same error and I get an email saying my credit card was declined.

erikjanneman
Same here. Wan't to buy mass effect and trials 2. But can't...

ken12012
01-01-2010, 10:48 AM
I hope this gets resolved soon. I'll be ok as long as the game doesn't become "SOLD OUT" like Prey did.

Imeran
01-01-2010, 10:50 AM
So, as long as no Steam Support Member seems to show up: Any one able to buy something in the last 2hrs? If so, what did you do? What payment method did you use?

*keeps hammering "»Continue" in the Checkout screen*

danthetaliban
01-01-2010, 10:51 AM
Still no go for me.

I have friends who've purchased successfully though. I'm tempted to ask them to gift them to me (though i want to avoid the ordeal of having to pay them back :/ )

linfosoma
01-01-2010, 10:54 AM
Im trying not to retry my purchase too much, I dont want to be charged 5 times for the same game due to some network error.

Imeran
01-01-2010, 10:57 AM
Multiple charges for the same games should not be possible. With PayPal I'm sure, at least.
For one, you'd just confirm your PayPal details once and only for the amount that's listed (if it's too high, cancel the payment). And then there's Steam telling you that you own the game already and asks if you didn't want to send it as a gift instead (happened to me once, when I actually wanted to buy a game as a gift).

Mavi222
01-01-2010, 11:07 AM
I had similar problems.. then when there was same text as this thread name, I filled in my credit card number + security code, and then it said "working" for really long time.. then I pushed "HOME" button on browser and voila... it sent me mail with thanking of purchase :3 (before I had credit card info saved, so its strange, and when I filled number in, it worked...

Imeran
01-01-2010, 11:16 AM
I tried to re-fill in my credit card number and the likes, but it did not work (tried 3 times, each time completely filled in all credit card details)

Is it possible that there are so many buyers for these games that the servers are overloaded for a few hours? It's terribad!

UltimateO
01-01-2010, 11:17 AM
My 4th time and it worked. I got 3 e-mails telling me that the transaction had failed and then finally got through the whole process.

danthetaliban
01-01-2010, 11:18 AM
Did you succeed with credit card or Paypal, out of interest?

Hossie
01-01-2010, 11:19 AM
I even don't get a refused mail. I just get nothing and the purchase is "pending".

linfosoma
01-01-2010, 11:21 AM
I even don't get a refused mail. I just get nothing and the purchase is "pending".

I find myself on the same predicament.

Imeran
01-01-2010, 11:22 AM
At least for me it switched from:
"Continue" -> "Working" (1 sec) -> "Continue" -> "Working" (1 sec) -> "Continue" -> "Working" (1 sec) -> ...
and so on to
"Continue" -> "Working" (30 sec) -> "Continue" -> "Working" (30 sec) -> "Continue" -> "Working" (30 sec) -> ...

Still trying...

Imeran
01-01-2010, 11:26 AM
FINALLY!

Just as I sent the last reply here, I clicked on "Continue" again and it worked. I used Paypal. Seems that you just have to be patient as a rock...

I just got billed once (for Mass Effect and Portal) even though I hammered the "Continue" button and from the moment I got past the first checkout screen (where you choose your payment method) everything went smoothly.

Good luck guys, keep trying!

Edit: Typos

CrZ_ro
01-01-2010, 11:26 AM
Nah.. i got the same thing, "working" for 20 secs or more...
Nothing happened, after a few tries it reverted to :
<quote>
"Continue" -> "Working" (1 sec) -> "Continue" -> "Working" (1 sec) -> "Continue" -> "Working" (1 sec) -> ...
and so on to"
</quote>

LE: Congrats!!!...now.. time to get the coffee and smokes and click

londonstinks
01-01-2010, 11:34 AM
I'm trying to purchase mass effect as a gift for a friend but it won't go through. I bought my copy about 10 minutes ago and it went through, albeit very, very slowly. Just a system overload, keep trying people!

SoulThief
01-01-2010, 11:44 AM
I have been trying to place an order myself, first for both Mass Effect and Sam&Max.
However it doesn't work, I get the same error messages as you guys get.

Which is peculiar because I have been able to place an order for the Crysis complete pack for me and as a gift, and it went through as every other order I have placed thus since.
It's a shame and I hope they'll be able to either fix it, or clarify this, because €3 for Mass Effect is too good of a deal to pass.

I have tried to use PayPal and ClickAndBuy but both don't seem to work.

I get redirected to the ClickAndBuy website, but when I place the order, the STEAM page doesn't react and the payment is not fullfilled. =|

Bummer.

Kossak
01-01-2010, 11:51 AM
i get the same error message while purchasing Mass Effect via paypal :(

RyXXed
01-01-2010, 11:56 AM
I emailed steam support, here's what i got:
"Hello Peter,

Your transaction has been flagged by our fraud prevention system. For the protection of the account holder," etc.

It was from when my account was stolen...
Just email steam and they should sort it out.

Can someone tell me this email?

yetanotherform
01-01-2010, 12:19 PM
I'm having a problem here too

BoBo2
01-01-2010, 12:23 PM
Dam you steam.
Dam Youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

zibbizor
01-01-2010, 12:24 PM
still stuck, I'm not very happy at all.

Bema
01-01-2010, 12:34 PM
Purchase finally worked for me - although i've been trying since about 2pm. Not good enough Steam.

Trashcantoy
01-01-2010, 12:34 PM
finally got through

zibbizor
01-01-2010, 12:35 PM
damnit, I'm still blocked at the payment info thing :(
because of this crappy service I'm going to miss the mass effect deal.

danthetaliban
No luck here. It's been a few hours already.

SojaBird
Problems seem to occure at Steams side.
Why don't they solve the bloody thing so they can get our freakin' money!!? :@

Necrotic Fever
01-01-2010, 12:40 PM
Being attempting to buy 5 games here, if I miss the Sam and Max deal, I will personally rant angrily through email.

SwPro
01-01-2010, 12:44 PM
Please fix this issues before the keys or the timer runs out =/

Ansive
System is overloaded. Do not keep trying. You don't hit refresh when a website is down.

Give it a few hours.

I'll try tomorrow, I doubt Mass Effect will run out of "keys".

SynySter_SlaSh
Im gonna post this on all the related problem threads, may be a coincidence but ive been haveing trouble trying to download mass effect. i then ticked to participate in the steam beta, updated. and then it purchased the game first time.

hope this helps somebody.

fuzzykiller
01-01-2010, 12:48 PM
Paypal purchase (Mass Effect) just worked for me, after trying for ~30 mins. Still took ages to get to the review page however.

zibbizor
01-01-2010, 12:48 PM
Im gonna post this on all the related problem threads, may be a coincidence but ive been haveing trouble trying to download mass effect. i then ticked to participate in the steam beta, updated. and then it purchased the game first time.

hope this helps somebody.

WORKED FIRST TRY ! PEOPLE TRY IT

yetanotherform
01-01-2010, 12:49 PM
success here too

Necrotic Fever
01-01-2010, 12:52 PM
Wait, what did you guys do to get beta?

danthetaliban
01-01-2010, 12:53 PM
I finally got it guys. Had to be really patient and keep trying (must have tried about 10-20 times).

Even so, the purchase process was noticably slower than usual (not awful though), which suggests steam servers are under high load.

edit: I can't download the game because steam servers are under high load apparently -_-. Well i guess that settles that.

Brainslug
01-01-2010, 12:58 PM
I got the the previously noted error (initializing transaction). They eventually sent me the credit card declined email, and cancelled the transaction. I tried again, and now the purchase is stuck at "pending". I emailed Valve, and they responded (two days later) saying that I should wait one to two hours. I've now waited 72 hours. There has been no progress. I can gift myself games from another account, but not this one because it's still "Pending".

Ansive
01-01-2010, 12:59 PM
Before trying the beta client I decided to try Mass Effect by CC one last time.
After I clicked the buy button it loaded for about 2 minutes but it went through successful. No beta for me :)

CrZ_ro
01-01-2010, 01:00 PM
it worked.ME + Trials :).
On beta.
LE: Ofcourse now i can't download ME : "Servers busy"

CrZ_ro
01-01-2010, 01:01 PM
- Wrong post.

Necrotic Fever
01-01-2010, 01:02 PM
I suddenly had a breakthrough and I have my game now, Valve, let this be lesson for you.

Xcessive6
01-01-2010, 01:03 PM
I think the beta thing is just a coincidence. Running beta since first day here, also tried with my browser... no way jose.

theredribbon
01-01-2010, 01:03 PM
Activating the beta didn't work for me.

Xcessive6
01-01-2010, 01:11 PM
Worked here now flawlessy. Just keep trying people, I think they're on it.

SwPro
01-01-2010, 01:11 PM
yay worked for me too :)

londonstinks
01-01-2010, 01:48 PM
PROTIP.

Setup a new steam account and gift the game to yourself! It worked for me! ;)

CarmineReynolds
01-03-2010, 10:37 AM
its pretty appalling though for a supposed reputable company to have overloading problems, but i guess they don't bother to think about that. You either get the best or worst of steam.

PROTIP.

Setup a new steam account and gift the game to yourself! It worked for me! ;)

i think you just got the timing right, if its overloading problems, it wont matter.

really annoying, cause i want to pick up borderlands and gta iv (missed the first time around)
i'll be mighty pissed if i can't before its over.

RedBullRacer
01-03-2010, 10:44 AM
really annoying, cause i want to pick up borderlands and gta iv (missed the first time around)
i'll be mighty jarateed if i can't before its over.

I agree, it's not the end of the world really, but it's annoying to think you will have missed out on these games. A couple games I plan to buy tonight I am only buying cos they are cheap, so Steam is missing out on my money if I can't buy em before the deal ends.

Woutsie
01-03-2010, 11:03 AM
same problem...

Ascz
01-03-2010, 11:16 AM
i'll be mighty jarateed if i can't before its over.

I want GTA4 too, and I missed it the first time too. And I get the same error.
Do I just have to wait? Will it work something like tomorrow morning?

haka3l
01-03-2010, 11:44 AM
Same problem here. What is the purpouse of promotion when we cant buy anything. The clock is ticking but error still not fixed :/

Edit:
Lol it just fixed by itself. Probably this is some lag issue,server overload.

quidxrazer
01-03-2010, 01:14 PM
I tryed the steam beta but nothing happened, still have the same problem...

Exaltedlegions
01-03-2010, 04:05 PM
It is really just coming down to luck. Try it enough times and it will work. Be sure to only do this once or twice every hour as too many consecutive times in a certain time period will lock Steam so you can't buy anything. I'm not sure how long this locks for (6 hours at the most in my case).

Been lucky a few times but missed the C&C Red Alert 3 special even though I tried for 9 hours straight. :/ Opened up a support ticket but I doubt any help will be forthcoming.

Edit: I also tried the BETA to no success.

Exaltedlegions
01-03-2010, 05:52 PM
I get three types of errors when trying to buy games on steam since about 2 hours after the final days sales (3rd), not at the same time but one each time i try and buy l4d2 and advanced warfighter 1 and 2.

One error is an "Autorization failure" (something like that) another is "There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction." and the third one is:

"Your purchase has not been completed.
The payment processor has reported a problem with the funding source associated with your account. You can either correct this problem through the processor, or select a different payment method."

Contacted steam support, NO reply and my funding source is fine. I even rung my bank to check if my card has been blocked and it hasn't.

SORT IT OUT VALVE.

Those seem to be the most common. Not sure why Valve hasn't done anything about it. :/

Exaltedlegions
01-03-2010, 06:26 PM
Alright guys I found a way of doing it so im going to post this in all the can't buy topics so hopefully everyone will see it so they can try what I did before the offers run out as Valve may not fix this in time:

I got the games I wanted gifted to me and it went perfectly smooth so to all you guys with problems try and get it done that way but ofcourse only do it with someone you can trust.

Most people have been creating profiles to do just that. It's going to end up leaving Steam with a lot of unused profiles. Guess Valve should have tried to help people more.

CAPSLOCK LOL
01-03-2010, 06:48 PM
I've tried creating profiles and gifting the games to me. To no avail did it work. I got the same repeating problems over and over again.

KSA_Technology
01-04-2010, 04:25 AM
The greatest issue is that with their servers overloaded, their ultra efficient anti-fraud system ends up locking your account (because you tried, tried, and the transition failed over and over). With support taking 1+ days to reply, you lose deals.

I almost lost one, lucky I had a friend to gift me. But now my friend is offline, and I will miss some.

Shame on Valve for not preparing for the sales. Server overload is ok, only if their support could handle it. Something they obviously are failing at now.

Next time they make a holiday sale, they should turn off their anti-fraud system. Or get better servers. Or even get a more efficient support staff. After all we WANT to buy their stuff.

First time I ever saw something like that: They preventing you from giving them your money.

I have a feeling we will end up losing deals, and when the sale is over, they will fix it.

Lawliet89
01-04-2010, 04:37 AM
I believe my account was "locked" for "fraud" since I tried the transactions too many times. I had to use my brother's account to gift the game to myself and tada it finally worked.

I'm kind of sad I didn't think of this earlier - I could have gifted Trine to my friend at a low price!

KSA_Technology
01-04-2010, 04:45 AM
Valve should let us know when our account gets locked.

The error message when your card is declined tells you to try again if you think it was wrong. If you call your bank and find out there's no issues, and you go trying again and again will get your acc locked. So it isn't really a correct message.

I believe some people get their acc locked because of that. It is logical to think "well, it nothing is wrong, it should be server's lag", so keep trying.

So, if you got that error, trying again may give you a gift: a locked account, a open ticket that takes a long time to be replied, deal misses, and so on.

AxoZombie
01-04-2010, 04:50 AM
i tried a fresh new acc . . . and it still fail . . . get the same error . . . I'm damn angry . . . i want my games . . . today, for deal prices. . . and i want not only a "few" games, i want many.
Valve would get much money . . . but no . . . they dont want my money.

i contacted the support 5 days ago, got answer,but still not working on mainacc... i wrote today the next support ticket, no answer till now . . .

i think i can say good bye to the deals :/

haka3l
01-04-2010, 06:54 AM
WTF is this thing. I bought in the morning one game and i cant buy again because of damn errors.

Edit:

And again big lol, gift from another account and trasnaction went through.
Its really funny just right after my post here :)

KSA_Technology
01-04-2010, 07:30 AM
In my case, I got locked once, posted a ticket.
I got Mass Effect via gift, but lost Osmos.
1 day later, they replied. My acc got unlocked.
Both Trine + Osmos. Transition went fine.
Tried to buy Darwinia pack, got error.
Posted one more ticket, still waiting. 1 day.

Steam. Good until you get locked. After that, welcome to ultra slow support hell.

burvowski
01-04-2010, 08:03 AM
Phew, with an hour left, I got it to work. I created a fake, temporary account and using the same payment information (PayPal, didn't bother trying my card) and gifted to my usual email address I have Steam send stuff to. Worked fine. Good luck everyone.

tkosullivan
01-04-2010, 08:57 AM
So i went on my friends account and gifted it to my email, that worked fine.
Now i'm trying to open the gifts and it claims that they've expired.

Sooooooomeone better fix this or i'mma molotov whoever dropped the ball on this one

Shaeth
01-07-2010, 09:56 AM
I have the same problem over here. Says try another method of paying or whatever. I'm using ClickandBuy.

Is it really about the overloadedness of Steam?
I've also posted a ticket so hopefully I'll get an answer soon enough..

P.S: The Beta Steam didn't solve the problem here..

Sambo110
01-10-2010, 07:33 AM
Getting this error now, really annoying. Trying to buy SSHD before it goes up in price for a friend.

saladin1980
03-05-2010, 08:48 PM
How is this resolved when i still get the errors and can't get it to work?

BagofSnakes
03-26-2010, 09:24 AM
I'm trying to buy Torchlight and I keep getting this error...

Raiden1312
03-28-2010, 12:27 PM
I'm trying to buy Torchlight and I keep getting this error...

I'm getting the same issue. Anyone have any luck getting it to work?

TacticalPervert
05-13-2010, 06:52 AM
Same problem, but its wierd, 1st i bought 'Modern Warfare 2' (no DLC Attached), worked fine with the VISA and all, Then after that was finished, i triedd to download the DLC 'Stimulus Package', and 1st i get this msg. that i cnat buy because the cridtcard company stoped the transactions (or sometihng like that). when i attmept MANY times, and re enter all info, i get the msg

There has been an internal error initializing your transaction. Please contact support for assistance.

If someone finds out, add me on steam, TacticalPervertion or ♥♥♥♥♥♥Bag

BlackAz
05-21-2010, 06:00 AM
I'm having this now. How this can be fixed?

Master Bob
05-21-2010, 06:02 AM
I'm having this now. How this can be fixed?

Not a clue, posted a new topic on this. I'm hoping it's only a temporary issue, as otherwise I'll miss the deal on the Total War pack.

M_Stoppa
05-21-2010, 09:53 AM
Not a clue, posted a new topic on this. I'm hoping it's only a temporary issue, as otherwise I'll miss the deal on the Total War pack.

Me too, but has only 10 minutes to the end. Well, no Total War for me. :(

It's like a joke. An outstanding deal, and we CAN'T BUY!

EDIT: It's over. The discount has been finished. AND I COULDN'T BUY!

Guru_Meditation
05-24-2010, 06:30 AM
I had the same issue. Luckily I resorted to using another account to gift TW to myself. That worked fine. And finally, I also got a reply from the Steam support saying (excerpt):

"It would appear there was an issue causing the purchase to be unable to be completed by some users that has since been resolved. Unfortunately, as our billing system is automated we have no method available to "rollback" a sale price once that sale has expired. This means we will be unable to extend the previously discounted prices for these items. While we understand this is an inconvenience, we regrettably have no recourse to allow the discounts to be extended"

Petersaber
06-25-2010, 05:06 AM
I had exactly the same problem. With Paypal. Actually, I've seen all 4 error messages (authorization, declined, internal, unexpected errors). Finally got fed up and created another account, and gifted myself using my father's credit card. It went through, but I now have the "pending" thing, and nothing else is happening.

I'm afraid I could've locked my main account, I've tried many many times with Paypal before I asked my father to help.

What do I do? :(

edit: finally got it. Now I'm having the same problem with Star Wolves 2. Nothing to use except my Paypal...

jaygazer
08-05-2010, 08:03 AM
I am having the same thing, where I'm told I have insufficient funds. I used three different forms of payment and get the same thing, now I get the There has been an internal error initializing your transaction. Please contact support for assistance -- error.

I've been trying for about 2 hours, and this is the fourth game it has happened to me on. My wife can buy a game just fine on her account, but not me. I don't get it.

Steam, get on the ball will you?

shahab.fattahi
08-24-2010, 06:03 AM
man im trying to gift worms reloaded to a friend but it says that damn error what can i do?:o

Moleculor
08-25-2010, 11:59 AM
I'm getting this same thing! Help! Anyone?

cexi93
08-26-2010, 04:54 AM
I WANT TO BUY WORMS RELOADED THERE IS 3 HOURS TO THE END AND THE SAME ERROR. STEAM YOU ARE JOKING :(

rumuz
09-02-2010, 06:49 PM
cexi93 i have the same problem now. E-mail'd to steam. waitin...

rumuz
09-03-2010, 05:50 AM
my problem has been solved. I don't know how but i was able to buy WORMS RELOADED... DOWNLOADING NOW :) :)

TheRHCP
10-04-2010, 08:14 AM
Seems like the problem is back in the streets.

I had the problem that magically resolved by itself during the Worms Reloaded sales. Now I am trying to buy Dead Rising 2 and the problem is back.

I do not blame Steam but this is kind of strange because this still happens, do they really know about this issue?

redsteven
10-05-2010, 03:30 PM
can't purchase left 4 dead 2 for the past hour or so

TRUNK_SLAMCHEST
10-05-2010, 03:34 PM
nvm it fixed itself ~_~

amisnaru
10-06-2010, 10:17 AM
This is happening right now when trying to add funds to Steam Wallet from PayPal.

Anyone else?

EDIT: POW! WORKS NOW.

rogelio
10-06-2010, 11:07 AM
I have this problem since yesterday.... :(

lkdsfjls322sdas
10-06-2010, 08:34 PM
How is this still an issue?

I tried ordering Worms Reloaded and got

There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance.

First I download the Steam client and have a hell of a time getting it to even work right. It turns out I had to delete some random file to get it to update properly. Now this.

Steam is atrocious. Still no response to my ticket which I opened yesterday. Awesome customer service. This is the last time I use your crappy product.

lkdsfjls322sdas
10-07-2010, 05:00 AM
Still no update from Valve.

haiglarsen
10-07-2010, 09:51 AM
Having the same problem trying to buy L4D2. I had been getting the same errors when trying to purchase some TF2 items from the in-game store before this. Now I get the "Problem Initializing" or "Credit Card company has denied" errors, neither of which are true, whenever I try to checkout. I find the lack of communication or explanation for the transactions not going through to be absolutely infuriating. Insinuating there's a problem with your credit card (Credit card company said everything's fine and that they hadn't even received a request from the Steam store) when there's not is really, really inconsiderate.

I did put in a support ticket last night and they got back to me in an hour with some utterly uselesss copy/pasted suggestions, which I tried to no avail. Oh, in the middle of my dozens of attempts to buy L4D2, I tried buying steam wallet money instead, and randomly one of my $5 purchases went through, but nothing after that. Maddening. An quick Google search shows these problems going back to at least 1997. Curious why this is still happening.

Zoring
10-07-2010, 03:49 PM
I am getting the same problem too, very frustrating, been going for 3 days, if it is a lockout fraud error as some replies are suggesting then its a stupid error message.

Hope it gets fixed soon i havent had a reply from steam yet and its been since yesterday.

lkdsfjls322sdas
10-07-2010, 08:26 PM
Steam replies with:

Hello *****,

Your transaction has been flagged by our fraud prevention system. For the protection of the cardholder, we request that you verify the following information:

Steam account name you are attempting to purchase on:

Complete cardholder billing information (name and billing address):

Last 4 digits of credit card number, card type (Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express), and card expiration date:

Valid daytime phone number including country code (if applicable) or area code:

Once we receive this information we will notify you and you should be able to make your purchase.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

I don't see how any of this helps since it's the same information we are giving during the checkout process! If the credit card was stolen, they are simply asking us to re-verify the stolen information we are already entering...

And the worst part of this is I've already purchased things from Steam before. I've heard of fraud flagging, but on your existing customers?

Zoring
10-07-2010, 08:34 PM
Yeah its pretty peculiar, i got the same thing too, sending them an email with my same email that i used on steam and the same credit card and... bizzaro

trolley
10-15-2010, 11:30 AM
Same thing happening to me right now, and I've tried two different credit cards. This has happened to me before, both times on sale priced items. Support didn't reply the first time until after the sale was over then told me it was too late to get the sale price.

canuck1968
10-15-2010, 08:25 PM
Been happing to me since monkey island complete went on sale for the last 3 days every time i try to buy it gives me the same bs"your purchase has not beem completed.your credit card information has been declined by your credit card company".

And thats total crap i phoned them and they told me everything was fine on there end yet for 3 days now steam have not even replyed to my support ticket.

Dante Shamest
10-18-2010, 05:06 AM
I encountered the same error message today. I bought and gifted 3 games, then the 4th game got stuck in a Pending status. Any transactions after that failed - whether it was purchasing for myself or for others.:confused:

Is Valve's infamous fraud-detection software the cause? Yo Valve if you happen to read this: My account with Steam ID "danteshamest" ain't hijacked! IT AIN'T HIJACKED! LEMME BUY GAMES! :o

dark666angel
10-18-2010, 05:17 AM
this is effin ridiculous

I wanted to buy cod4 MW2 in discount, it would not let me.

I know want to buy Mass Effect 2, and it wont let me....

Seriously some bad fail from steam imo not letting CUSTOMERS BUY PRODUCTS

I cant think of a bigger flaw a company can have. not letting customers buy products....

Weak(Y2FC)
10-19-2010, 01:29 AM
I had this problem before in the past, wrote a ticket, and I was finally able to purchase things again after 4 days, my ticket was responded to in 7 days in which the problem was already gone. I was happy, untill yesterday, in which it happened again, it says "Failure to intialize transaction" in both the tf2 in-game shop and the steam shop. It's been 24 hours since i wrote my second ticket, but I dont expect a response for another 6 days, and I don't expect being able to purchase anything for another 4 days. I do believe it is bullcrap that we cannot purchase what we want to purchase soley because of an error on their part and I also think it's bullcrap that they dont have a FASTER more SUPERIOR support team. No phone service, no live chat service, and SLOOOOOOWW response time, I think this is unacceptable. If the consumer has the money, you shouldn't miss out on it because you didn't invest enough money in your support team, what a way to un-necessarily lose money

gouvou
11-03-2010, 10:12 AM
Create a new steam account and gift the game to yourself

Happ7
11-09-2010, 07:16 PM
Create a new steam account and gift the game to yourself

Does it work? Won't be any problems with it? I'm asking because I have never really tried this option.

lordofterror
11-09-2010, 07:32 PM
i have trying to transfer some funds to steam wallet from paypal from past 2 days i keep getting the same error to try again later? is something wrong, it was working well last two weeks ago

big pig XD
11-11-2010, 05:27 AM
i got the same problem.... i can't buy dod source :mad:

C4Chaos42
11-12-2010, 12:49 AM
Getting same problem as of right now.

Aztek87
11-24-2010, 02:12 PM
Getting the same message right now trying to purchase Alpha Protocol....nice steam.

tehs4ndman
11-24-2010, 07:10 PM
is this regional? i can buy games fine, my friend from puerto rico cant buy it

buffering
11-25-2010, 10:49 AM
Trying hard to buy the Indie Story Pack.. the pack deal expires in 23 hours :\

nicomarloni
11-25-2010, 10:56 AM
Same problem here.

Bort
11-25-2010, 11:03 AM
I had no problems yesterday getting CSS and the Indie pack but now I'm getting this error.

Already submitted a ticket, lets see how much it take to get an answer or get the problem fixed.

Mashley
11-25-2010, 02:07 PM
Also having this problem :( PLEASE fix it, I need that indie pack

Necrotic Fever
11-26-2010, 12:46 PM
Oh look, I'm back in this thread again.

Good game Steam.

I must have that Indie pack!

MiKeV
11-26-2010, 11:16 PM
I'm getting the same issue, except in the Mann Co store in TF2. Any fix on this?

And I can't even find where to send a Steam Support Ticket anymore. There used to be a "Ask a Question" link on the page but now I don't even see it anymore. And when I click on "Contact Support", it says 'Help Desk Error - You are already logged in'.

ax23w4
11-27-2010, 10:44 AM
Having same error here.
Trying to buy a game using paypal:
There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance.

Is it my problem or steam's?

UPD. Now it says this instead of previous error:

CoRon3x
11-27-2010, 10:57 AM
Having same error here.
Trying to by a game using paypal:

Is it my problem or steam's?

UPD. Now it says this instead of previous error:

same here. I want to buy L4D2 NAO!

xaero212
11-27-2010, 11:11 AM
Omfg still the same. They should have predicted such high traffic.

MortalC
11-27-2010, 11:14 AM
I get the same message as well, second time in three days...

xaero212
11-27-2010, 12:00 PM
Damn Steam do something about this! You should at least extend these discounts.

Seems to be working now...

tom93
11-27-2010, 12:23 PM
I've still got this problem. Kinda frustrating, I really wanna grab some of the stuff in today's deal.

edit: ok, never mind, it fixed itself!

Gl3nnman
11-27-2010, 03:34 PM
I have the same right now.

Arctic Ice
11-27-2010, 03:37 PM
Try exiting Steam, delete all of the files except for: Steam.exe and the \SteamApps\ folder.

Restart Steam.

Danzown671
11-27-2010, 11:39 PM
Try exiting Steam, delete all of the files except for: Steam.exe and the \SteamApps\ folder.

Restart Steam.

Tried that and was unable to restart steam.

Even tried purchasing online and got the same message.

Petrol777
11-28-2010, 01:49 AM
Same problem right now.
Gotta buy l4d2!!!

Dark Aura
11-28-2010, 01:51 AM
Im haveing the same issue with my paypal. I really want to get lfd2 before the sale ends.

Speck
11-28-2010, 02:19 AM
Same here. Arctic Ice's recommendation didn't change anything. I tried on various computers, same thing. A friend of mine has been shopping like crazy with no problems. Is it an account connected problem possibly?

I, too, would really like to gift L4D2. I already missed the Machinarium sale because of this...

mindcrash
11-28-2010, 04:36 AM
Looks like the server(s)/services processing the transactions crashed due to the amount of traffic caused by the current sale. None of the payment options seem to work anymore.

(I wanted to get the Indie Pulse Pack, but my transaction didn't want to pass through and now either of the other options don't work aswell. Oh well...)

xaero212
11-28-2010, 05:22 AM
I have the problem again... I gotta buy L4D2 for 2 more friends and GTA EfLC hope i will make it...

Danzown671
11-28-2010, 05:25 AM
I hope Steam extends the sale another day. If I miss out on SC2 and L4D2...:mad:

mindcrash
11-28-2010, 05:27 AM
Think you'll see some of the same offers come back starting December 1 unless Valve doesn't have the traditional December / Christmas sale this year.

BTW: It looks like the problem has something to do with a previous transaction not being completed succesfully ("pending" transactions on your account).

I just ordered something with my old Steam account, gifted it to my (new) primary account and that transaction completed succesfully.

Mikhai_l
11-28-2010, 06:24 AM

I have this error for 2 hours now. Only 3,5 hours left until the sales are over. Guess Valve doesn't want my money :D

edit: I'm trying to gift a game to someone else funding my steamwallet with IDeal. Already have the game.

mindcrash
11-28-2010, 06:36 AM
I just found a way to make this error go away. Only just before publishing the workaround/fix here my computer crashed. Anyway here goes attempt #2:

Some explanation first

This error occurs when your previous transaction went fubar because of an error while processing your payment (the money probably even didn't get deducted from your bank account or credit card). Anyway, to buy stuff from the Steam store again without waiting for Steam support to process your ticket you could try the following walkthrough.

How to fix the "There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction." error without waiting for Steam Support

1. Make sure that the status of your latest transaction is "Pending" (Check Store transactions @ https://store.steampowered.com/account for this) due to a failed payment. Also make sure no money was deducted yet. If money was deducted from your account stop here and contact Steam Support. Due to the fact that we will "unblock" the pending transaction ourselves and make it complete succesfully within Steam's transaction system you will probably not get the money back from your first attempt!

1. Create another Steam account if you already don't have one. Login with your secondary Steam account and befriend your primary Steam account (required to send a gift to it which we will be doing later on). Switch to your primary Steam account, accept the friendship and switch back to your secondary account.

2. Buy the item you wanted to have with your secondary Steam account. Use another payment method than the one which made the payment fail initially to pay this item else you'll have to create yet another account and start all over again!. Gift the item to your primary account.

3. Switch to your primary account and accept the gift from your secondary account.

4. Check out https://store.steampowered.com/account for your primary account and note that the transaction status of the item has changed from "Pending" to "Gift/Guest pass" (because you just gifted the item to your primary account).

5. Due to the fact this transaction has now completed succesfully you will now be able to buy stuff from the Steam store again with your primary account.

6. Unbefriend your secondary account if you want to do so. But you might want to keep him in your friends list for the next transaction which went fubar because of a failed payment.

Alternative way if things really get screwed up (e.g. the games are already registered to your account)

1. Make sure the transaction is "pending" and no money has been deducted yet.

2. Get on your alternative account, buy the games you want and gift them to your primary account.

3. Wait until the transaction status switches from "pending" to "failed" (this will happen eventually because... well... you didn't pay for the games on your primary account). The games will now be de-registered from your primary account. Now get to your guest passes, open them and voila.

Hope this helps!

xaero212
11-28-2010, 06:51 AM
I am not making any other accounts and I only can pay by PayPal so won't do the trick for me... Shame Steam hasn't anything to say about this issue.

Mikhai_l
11-28-2010, 07:20 AM
Problem solved itself in 2 hours without contacting support.

MrXVI
11-28-2010, 08:32 AM
1:30 hours left and bye bye l4d2 for 5 USD and the problem still hasn't resolved

already contacted steam support!!

The_Thing
11-28-2010, 09:16 AM
It's happening to me as well.

xaero212
11-28-2010, 09:18 AM
42 minutes left, and still IMPOSSIBLE to buy anything... I'm clicking like every minute now... damn ;/

DJMurtz
11-28-2010, 09:42 AM
Same here... Can't buy any games, and the price reductions are almost over. I'd like to get King's Bounty and L4D2...

The_Thing
11-28-2010, 09:45 AM
What has happened to Steam? This must be the busiest sale in the whole year.

SirPorkchop
11-28-2010, 09:48 AM
Going back to bed, this is ridiculous. Missing another sale because of this.

jou13
11-28-2010, 09:49 AM
I just want to know if Valve will extend it for those us having issues purchasing games in the 24 hour sale(s).

sciss0rz
11-28-2010, 10:01 AM
I made purchases with my main account on the first two days without a problem and now I'm getting this error. However, if I use my second account I don't get the error. WTFZ0RZ.

MrXVI
11-28-2010, 10:09 AM
times up folks so bye bye l4d2 of 5 bucks :(

xaero212
11-28-2010, 10:11 AM
Steam never fails to suprise even more! Look at the new discounts! Minus 0% WOW that's huuuge discount!

HAHAHA Conviction for 20 Euro! That's more than hilarious failure! I'd rather buy all previous SP Cells for 5 Euro!

Thor Bunting
11-28-2010, 10:13 AM
Damnit, I missed COD4 because of this and if I miss any of todays deals that I want ima be pis*ed. lol

Edit:
Cant even get onto the purchase screen now. Valve take my money damnit!!!!!!!

Marclar
11-28-2010, 10:37 AM
omg damn it steam u suck!! im gonna be mad now if u dont give me discount on l4d2 when we are able to buy again ><:mad:

satchef1
11-28-2010, 10:48 AM
Left 4 Dead 2 is still at the sale price. Getting the same issue though, have been since it went on sale last night.

TradingGuru
11-28-2010, 10:56 AM
^ no its not

I cant gift damn orange box...fix this shiz

kozzy420
11-28-2010, 11:03 AM
Happpened to me when I tried to gift Left4Dead2 to my cousin las tnight and also today when I try to buy Mount And Blade for myself.

Card works fine on other sites... FIX THIS STEAM!

satchef1
11-28-2010, 11:57 AM
Seems to be working fine now. Unfortunately L4D2 has gone up in price now though so I won't be gifting it to anyone (I'm not that generous).

^ no its not

At the time I posted it was still £3.75, though it does seem Valve realised the mistake not long after.

Ash.Weststar
11-28-2010, 12:27 PM
The problem seems the servers in the cloud are becomming desynched. Losing the session data between the different servers that run the store cloud - I can verify this by how I'm randomly logged in, logged out, depending on which server I hit. Likely it's caused by really heavy loads.

rAdIOhEaD
11-28-2010, 12:46 PM
Having the same issue trying to purchase the orange box, I even called my bank thinking the problem was on my end, but the bank told me my credit card is fine.
so Fix this crap VALVe!!!!!!!

Ash.Weststar
11-28-2010, 01:36 PM
Having the same issue trying to purchase the orange box, I even called my bank thinking the problem was on my end, but the bank told me my credit card is fine.
so Fix this crap VALVe!!!!!!!Try the purchase again during non-peak times.

acare84
11-29-2010, 12:53 PM
Same problem is happening again today. I can't buy Super Meat Boy. :(

Jigoku
11-29-2010, 01:12 PM
Try restarting Steam.

I was having this issue trying to purchase Metro 2033 via Paypal. Restarted Steam and the transaction proceeded immediately. So unless the problem was fixed in the 30 seconds it took to restart, it must have helped.

1Crazyman1
11-29-2010, 01:16 PM
It's not a problem with Steam itself, it's a problem Valve must fix.

I tried through the website as well. And yes I tried restarting, neither of em worked.

Rirse
11-29-2010, 01:18 PM
Try restarting Steam.

I was having this issue trying to purchase Metro 2033 via Paypal. Restarted Steam and the transaction proceeded immediately. So unless the problem was fixed in the 30 seconds it took to restart, it must have helped.

But it giving me this message on both the browser and client for the store. I haven't been able to purchase anything for the past four hours!

acare84
11-29-2010, 01:18 PM
Try restarting Steam.

Yeap, restarting is not working. I also changed download regions but still no luck. I got this error firstly today. I didn't see this kind of error in past.

harharharharhar
11-29-2010, 01:22 PM
not working for me as well, with metro 2033

acare84
11-29-2010, 01:26 PM
I think I solved the problem. At least it worked for me. I restarted my modem and restarted Windows and tried again and it worked. Maybe it will solve your issue too. BTY I have dynamic IP, with restarting my modem I get new IP. Maybe this is the problem just try maybe it would work for you too. :)

GIGARAM
11-29-2010, 02:05 PM
i finaly got to pay for my game Dirt 2 thats when it all went wrong i got a email from steam saying i have made the payment but thats it i have payed for it but i have no email confirming it from steam and no game installing now im getting a bit P***ed off with this. no money and no game im haveing a real good day:mad:
i have restarted steam and now dirt is back in my shopping cart and not in my list of games

Balraw
11-29-2010, 02:07 PM
Try restarting Steam.

Thank you this worked for me and I am now downloading Metro 2033 too :)

Part of the problem might be bandwidth issues with steam as my current download rate is about half the usual I normally achieve. Looks like another successful sale from Steam/Valves point of view I guess.

Anyhow hope you all get your issues sorted out eventually.

Gone'Postal
11-29-2010, 02:30 PM
Try restarting Steam.

Worked which is a little shocking but meh.

Restarted the Steam client then used a browser to buy the games.

13MCC13
11-29-2010, 02:37 PM
the games i purchased disapeared with the resart, first it was the purchase pending thing, then goodbye games, hope they come back :)

dont know how the ticket thing works do i have to wait for their response to my questions?
will it take long to receive a response?

Tracazoid
11-29-2010, 02:54 PM
No luck here, it wouldn't be the first time the store went kapoot during a sale period too. I missed out on a great sale because of this stuff, not once but twice.I can't even load money off of a card into my wallet which I have done many times, and last time they said it was a problem on my end...guess not since it wasn't and it worked perfectly only once the sale ended and the game was triple the price.

cobretti1818
11-30-2010, 12:06 AM
Same error here for Metro 2033 - restarted Steam & Windows and still get it :confused:

I guess Valve doesn't want my money

Teknorat
11-30-2010, 12:57 AM
Same problem here. I'm sure they're working on it since this problem means lots of money not coming in.

Rarz
11-30-2010, 03:09 AM
Restarting Steam doesn't fix anything; it's pointless since the fault is at Valve's side. Their payment system just can't cope with the amount of traffic it has to handle during these sale periods. I don't think they'll 'fix' that, because investing in high-volume burst infrastructure would not be very economic (it's only used during these sales periods.)

(Theory: I don't doubt that Valve has the server capacity to deal with the sessions, but it is likely the payment systems that they connect to that are the bottleneck. In my experience they tend to be very finicky and/or slow. I've run into that a few times in my line of work.)

Hint: If you can't buy your selection immediately, wait an hour, then try again. Or go to bed and try when you get up (check the timer to make sure you won't miss it). I generally just mail myself and buy the games when I get to my workplace and before I start. Or during the break. The trick is to move your purchase to off-peak times.

Hammering the server will eventually work, but it'll also frustrate the hell out of you in the meantime. (For the record, I can't buy the games either when I get home in the evening -- I tried to buy the Indie pack last night, but the session kept dying. This morning before I went to work (8:50 CET) the purchase went through in seconds.

It would be very nice if Valve decided to let you keep items in your basket during this time (maybe a week or so?), so you can pay for them when the rush is over. :)

thoughtfulmoron
11-30-2010, 04:57 AM
I've been having the issue for around 21 hours now, and have definitely tried at off peak times. I'm trying to buy divinity 2: Dragon Knight Saga.

My husband was purchasing it for me as a gift. Money was taken, game wasn't given, then money was returned, due to a steam error(per a steam representative).

Then it would let me get to paypal, but after that it wouldn't actually do anything. No money taken, no game given.

After that I've been having the two errors stated. I've tried purchasing it in my own account as well, but that's not working. I've tried the site, steams software, paypal, and credit card. None of it works.

I guess I'll just keep on trying.

Edit: My husband bought a game immediately before this, and that worked fine.

Edit2: I've restarted computer multiple times, restarted internet, and restarted steam. It didn't work.

Edit3: Now the game has popped up into my games list, though I never received confirmation and have not paid for it. If I try to install I get: Your purchase is still being processed - Steam will notify you when the transaction has been completed. Until then, this game is not available to play.

Edit4: It eventually went to 'failed' in purchase history. I retried...pending...then failed. I retried again...pending. Something is definitely wrong, and the servers are apparently back up and running so I doubt it has anything to do with that. It is getting through paypal, but when it returns to the purchasing page it just says 'working...' for several minutes then gives an error.

Teknorat
12-01-2010, 12:50 AM
The sale is now over and I am still getting this error.

Misoski
12-07-2010, 04:59 AM
Hehe, I will always encounter this error during sales (~=_=)~

And it is already a massive click and patience chore, when buying, sending, small message, confirming for over a dozen friends~

Wish there were packs more often and or an amount buying D=
Guess sales is mostly intended for singular purchases (^O__O)>

Will have to keep trying after another 15 min ( =__=)...

Decha
12-08-2010, 11:55 PM
So, whats the solution to this? :( I just tried to pay for Vietnam, it went into paypal page, returned with Success communicate but nothing happening and i have this communicate:

:(

LostCauze
12-14-2010, 05:55 AM
This f*ckin sucks.

okinternet
12-14-2010, 06:02 AM
Dandy. L4D2 for 5 bucks and I can't buy it.
This is also not the first time this has happened to me.

Matter of fact, I can't remember having a single painless experience with Steam. Something seems wrong there.

MagNus-099
12-14-2010, 04:28 PM
Could the reason be the attacks on VISA's site from anonymous?

EDIT: i forgot to mention, i'm having the same problem, i was trying to buy killing floor for a friend and myself, but i'm giving up, i'm so pissed off because i've been trying to buy like six hours now, and i can't get a freaking game!!!

ZiklonE
12-18-2010, 01:25 PM
Tries to buy Super Meat Boy... but it fails!!!

-.-