PDA

View Full Version : General Comments (was: Possibility of rebate)

ForsakenGleeman
03-14-2009, 10:10 AM
I just was gifted this game last night, and when I went to start it, I found that my system is unable to play it, due to the fact my monitor does not support 1280 x 768. I was really looking forward to playing this game, as I have been keeping an eye on it for some time, so I am quite disappointed I am unable to play it now.

And before any suggestions of getting a different monitor, I would, were I able to either get the money to buy one, or find someone to borrow one from.

*sighs* I'm just a bit sad I lost a $10 gift because my friend did not realize I have such a small monitor/did not read the system requirements.

Zorlac
03-14-2009, 10:27 AM
You want a rebate on a game you were gifted? And you also admit you simply don't have the right equipment to run it? Good luck with that. It's like asking for a refund on a plate of food after you've ate it all using the excuse (it wasn't good).

ForsakenGleeman
03-14-2009, 10:31 AM
You want a rebate on a game you were gifted? And you also admit you simply don't have the right equipment to run it? Good luck with that. It's like asking for a refund on a plate of food after you've ate it all using the excuse (it wasn't good).

My pc can easily run it, I just have a monitor that is too small. And it was gifted to me because the gift giver owed me money, and since he is going out of country, he just gave me some games on Steam.

Nagasakii
03-14-2009, 10:33 AM
Why don't you just play in windowed mode?

ForsakenGleeman
03-14-2009, 10:39 AM
Why don't you just play in windowed mode?

I can not even start it, as it gives me a "Project Aftermath requires a 1280x768 resolution"

I have 1024x768. :(

Nagasakii
03-14-2009, 11:06 AM
Oh, hmmm.... would be nice if they did have more resolution options. I think it's pretty standard for games to have 1024x768 as an option.

ForsakenGleeman
03-14-2009, 11:11 AM
Oh, hmmm.... would be nice if they did have more resolution options. I think it's pretty standard for games to have 1024x768 as an option.

It is. I'm broke and jobless, and refuse to pirate, so I was quite estatic about getting new games. :(

LeeHickey
03-14-2009, 03:39 PM
Hi Forsaken,

Sorry to hear about your predicament but we're not able to do refunds - that'll be up to Steam but to be honest I can't imagine they'd do it. However, a few people have mentioend the lack of the lower resolutions so we are going to look at it and see if we can add 1024x768 for the next version. We were hoping to get it into the current version but ran out of time.

Hope this helps.

ForsakenGleeman
03-14-2009, 06:42 PM
Hi Forsaken,

Sorry to hear about your predicament but we're not able to do refunds - that'll be up to Steam but to be honest I can't imagine they'd do it. However, a few people have mentioend the lack of the lower resolutions so we are going to look at it and see if we can add 1024x768 for the next version. We were hoping to get it into the current version but ran out of time.

Hope this helps.

Well, I did manage to find an old crt that allowed me to run PA, and after playing it for a few hours, I take back my wanting a rebate. The game is very interesting, with many subtle nudges at other games/books/movies, and the game play itself, while a bit repetitive at times, really works out in the long run. So, in posterity I would like to apologize for my rash behavior, I'm just a bit... strapped for cash, so when I spend money, (or get paid back) I try to pick things that I know will be of immediate use to me. But yes, this game is very enjoyable, and I would like to thank and apologize to the many of you on the forum who responded to my silly post. Thank you.

Nagasakii
03-15-2009, 02:12 PM
Hey it's ok man, gamers helping gamers. Plus the economy is ♥♥♥♥ so we're all a little wary and cautious right now.

By the way, this is very interesting. I've never seen a game developer actively take part in a community.

ForsakenGleeman
03-15-2009, 10:42 PM
Hey it's ok man, gamers helping gamers. Plus the economy is ♥♥♥♥ so we're all a little wary and cautious right now.

By the way, this is very interesting. I've never seen a game developer actively take part in a community.

Me either, it shows they have a lot of respect for both the hard work they put into making this product, as well as in their fans/supporters/general gamers who may have at one time ranted about how broken their game is.

LeeHickey
03-16-2009, 04:43 AM
As I've said in another thread, it seems odd to me that developers don't get involved more in the community. I suppose it is a function of the size of the studio. I suspect the smaller the studio the more likely they are to get involved and they don't come much smaller than ours :)

Griefor
03-16-2009, 02:41 PM
I'm not sure that goes all of the time. Of course you see many small studio devs involved in their game's community, but there's also a lot of indie games that are abandoned by anyone involved in their creation.

And there's some very large studios that are very involved as well (Valve, Blizzard). Of course there it's usually not the developers themselves, but customer relations is a business of itself, with a seperate section of the company devoted to it. It's less personal than small studios tend to be, but it does really give me the feeling that these companies care about customer satisfaction.

LeeHickey
03-17-2009, 03:56 AM
Yeah very true - maybe some people just don't care and that'd the differentiating point :)

CannibalBob
03-18-2009, 01:19 PM
If you guys are interested, another game dev studio that is really involved in their community is savage 2, I've actually played with the developers a few times in-game! :p

LeeHickey
05-18-2009, 01:30 PM
The latest version, 1.20, now supports 1024x768.

spyre
05-18-2009, 02:09 PM
I am gonna buy this game just because the developers are active in the community and listen to feedback.

LeeHickey
05-18-2009, 03:45 PM
Thanks for that. I'm glad it's appreciated as I gave up a Sunday of watching cricket to implement it :)

Lamento
06-24-2009, 06:39 AM
That is very much appreciated!

turkeyfiles
09-15-2009, 12:47 AM
I am gonna buy this game just because the developers are active in the community and listen to feedback.

Same here. Earned yourself a customer here as well. Very impressive support by the developer. Gotta love independent developers. Hope to see more work from these people -- expansion packs, sequels, etc. :D

LeeHickey
09-15-2009, 01:42 AM
Same here. Earned yourself a customer here as well. Very impressive support by the developer. Gotta love independent developers.
Thanks. I hope you enjoy it.

Hope to see more work from these people -- expansion packs, sequels, etc. :D

Heh, we haven't released another PC title since but we have just released our first iPhone game :) Inkvaders (http://www.gamesfaction.com/inkvaders/)

turkeyfiles
09-18-2009, 11:40 AM
Wow!

This game is so much fun! It'd be very unfortunate if no DLC or expansion was made for it. I find this game actually more strategic than many 'strategy games' because you really have to think on your feet.

Please consider an expansion, DLC, and/or mission creator.

Just very impressed!

Thank you. :)

P.S. Apologies in advance for my assertive style. No pressure intended. :)

LeeHickey
09-19-2009, 02:27 AM
Hi,

Thanks for the comments. It sounds like you *get* what we were trying to do, which is always nice to hear :)

Chronomorte
06-06-2010, 07:47 PM
Same here. Earned yourself a customer here as well. Very impressive support by the developer. Gotta love independent developers. Hope to see more work from these people -- expansion packs, sequels, etc. :D

Count me in on that: interesting game premise + independent developer + active in the forum + no insipid DRM :D + reasonable pricing + give up a relaxing Sunday of TV sports to get game updated = another customer!

LeeHickey
06-08-2010, 06:31 AM
Count me in on that: interesting game premise + independent developer + active in the forum + no insipid DRM :D + reasonable pricing + give up a relaxing Sunday of TV sports to get game updated = another customer!

Thanks Chronomorte - I hope you enjoy it.

mriguy
07-04-2010, 11:59 AM
The latest version, 1.20, now supports 1024x768.

This sold me more than any marketing could have !!
I love studios that listen and react to their customers.
Too many studios sever the developer/user relationship.
As players we just want to help the developer and participate in making the game the best it could be.

Thanks

LeeHickey
07-06-2010, 02:28 AM
This sold me more than any marketing could have !!
I love studios that listen and react to their customers.
Too many studios sever the developer/user relationship.
As players we just want to help the developer and participate in making the game the best it could be.

Thanks

Thanks for the comments mriguy - always good to know that our efforts are appreciated - it helps us get out of bed in the morning :)