PDA

View Full Version : is the game worth it

otudacsnollid
03-23-2009, 09:09 PM
i played the demo and i thought it was a great, i was looking for a cheap single player and this game was really out there, but is the real game worth it?

will i get hours of play out of it? or will i want to play it over and over anyone have a good opinion

djZM
04-02-2009, 11:46 AM
Well.. I can't say if it's worth it or not.. But it is indeed cheap, and that may be worth it in itself.

EvilSmoo
07-05-2009, 10:12 PM
I think I've figured out why all the meridian4 games ARE so cheap- they seem to be more or less crap.

反町(仕事中)
07-05-2009, 11:53 PM
>>"I think I've figured out why all the meridian4 games ARE so cheap- they seem to be more or less crap."

While this one may well be crap, games such as Chains are in no way "crap".

Aetius
07-06-2009, 05:08 AM
I've played RIP, gumboy, penguin arena, chains, obulis, larva mortus and vigil from the meridian 4 pack so far and my $25 purchase has already payed off.

I love penguin arena and larva mortus so far. They are awesome fun. Obulis and chains are great puzzle games, very simple but FUN. Gumboy is alright, i'm not much into it but have only played it a bit, it's not bad - i had more fun than i did boredom playing it for 15 mins (cause i wanted to check out the other games in the pack).

I actually bought the pack to play alpha prime, pacific storm and shadow grounds but haven't even installed them yet due to my quota limit nearly being exceeded. So basically i already (without even playing the games i intended to) don't regret my purchase as i am enjoying what i considered to be the 'bonus' games.

As for vigil, well this is the only game in the pack i'm disappointed with so far. Played the intro but couldn't figure out how to exit what ever it is that you start out in (a church?). I'm sure i'll get into it once i get out but my first impression of this game was a seriousW.T.F moment, like a big WTF. Anyway i'm still largely happy with the meridian 4 pack games. I'm getting stuck into larva mortus right now...

Psamathos
12-07-2009, 08:17 AM
Vigil isn't even worth the bits it's printed on. Nice concept, horrible execution.

DoubleD
12-30-2009, 08:20 PM
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/2573/

On sale as part of a pack. $2.99

Ellume
07-04-2010, 05:09 PM
I thoroughly enjoyed Vigil. Thought it was a bit short though, but even so I found the story excellent. I'm glad I purchased this game. I, however, used the walkthrough when I was stuck so maybe thats why I had so much more fun then others seem to.

Sigma 7
04-03-2011, 09:58 PM
I didn't see anything too special about it. Played it for ~3 hours before reaching the end. It turns out it practically tells you what to do in the italic text on the notes.