PDA

View Full Version : So, when are we going to see a Slamit Pinball fix?

freibooter
04-15-2009, 03:56 PM
Update:

Patch v1.2 is available here:

http://www.slamitpinball.com

Sadly it doesn't fix what it says it fixes :(

Update and Correction (January 2011):

DO NOT BUY THIS GAME, IT'S BROKEN AND WON'T BE FIXED

As it stands right now:
The game is so buggy that it can be considered broken for most if not all players.
It will never be updated on Steam.
The previously available patches v1.1 and v1.2 did not notably improve upon the games stability or other bugs.
These patches are no longer available (404 error).
Patch v1.3 was announced over one year ago and was "slightly delayed" in May 2010. It has never been released.
The official website is full of SPAM-bots, unmaintained and downloads are no longer available (another reason why all updates should be deployed via Steam)
It's reasonable to assume that the game has finally been abandoned.

It's a shame, really, this game did have a lot of potential.
But in its current and probably final form, it's utterly broken and should not be sold on Steam.
Don't buy this!

freibooter
04-16-2009, 02:43 PM
Update:

Don't buy this game until Technetium gets their royalties! (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=896604) ...

Technetium Games tried fixing this game, so far unsuccessfully, mainly due to Strategy First's (in)action. While this might very well be the most realistic pinball simulator on the market it is simply broken and in its current state a source of more frustration than fun.

Be aware that the game is currently still unpatched on Steam and that the game still has a lot of unfixed bugs and issues!

Technetium Games has yet to earn our trust, since they keep disappearing for weeks on end and it is never clear if they show back up again.

This game currently is broken and Technetium Games once again went into hiding.

My personal suggestion: Don't buy this game until a working patch for it has arrived on Steam and the developers are getting paid for it.

Salaminizer
04-18-2009, 02:00 PM
luckily my only problem is with missing textures (which is fixed by changing any graphical option, very fast) and the LED display that doesn't work, and is fixed only by quitting and launching the game again. I mean, I know it's meant to be a good pinball experience, but I didn't have much trouble with broken leds :D

freibooter
04-19-2009, 06:56 AM
My biggest problem is the entirely broken Xbox 360 controller support that causes fatal crashes ... but fixing some of the other known bugs would be just as appreciated ...

freibooter
04-21-2009, 02:48 AM
... I tried to contact Technetium Games in every way possible and there has been no support or a single reaction since. No reply to forum posts, PMs, e-mails ... nothing.

It seems safe to say that they are playing dead now despite their earlier claims of commitment to customer satisfaction.

I'm still hoping that we might eventually hear from them again (and I really hope they have a really good excuse like "sorry but the entire team was swallowed by a whale and we had to live of plankton for four weeks"), but it's looking increasingly unlikely.
It's a real shame because with just a little bit more polish this could have been an excellent game.

Until then my previous statement still stands, if you want a fully functional game don't buy SlamIt Pinball!

OFC_Petrick
04-21-2009, 03:27 AM
When did you sent those pm's, emails etc?

freibooter
04-21-2009, 03:43 AM
When did you sent those pm's, emails etc?

Does it really matter? They were actively communicating on this forum, promising to offer excellent customer support and even apologizing for the previous delayed response ... until March 30th when the last post by TechnetiumGames was written. It's not like they are unaware of the issues (they promised to fix it) or that they don't know that people are discussing their problems on this forum.

Anyways, I did try to contact them and point them to this thread shortly after it was created, my last e-mail to them was sent on Saturday.
Depending if those e-mail end up in their contact address in the US or in Serbia (I was quite surprise to read that the company behind this small title is multinational) they had at least one or almost two full business days to at least drop a single line saying that they are still working on the issue ...

TechnetiumGames
04-21-2009, 08:29 AM
Dear freibooter,

We are also people, not machines.
Can you actually picture what it feels like when someone writes a post like yours for a game that took 2 years to develop and costs less then a cup of coffee, where profit margin on that coffee is bigger then we'll ever have?

Besides that...

SlamIt Pinball Big Score v1.1 is ready!
Patch is also ready!

It features fixes for problems that we were able to find.. like joypad.

If you don't get more info from Strategy First or Steam directly, we'll post more soon.

Patch will be available on our website too, we just need to coordinate action with our colleagues at SF.

Thank you for understanding.

Best,
VJ

P.S. freibooter, for your information, we had a religious holiday last weekend - Easter. Yes we are human.

freibooter
04-21-2009, 09:33 AM
I am truly sorry, I really did not mean to hurt or offend you in any way.
I also forgot that Easter is celebrated on a different day in big parts of Eastern Europe, so I'm sorry for being so impatient as well.

I really appreciate the work you have done so far and as I said, I honestly believe that SlamIt Pinball has the potential to become really, really excellent game once the kinks are worked out.

And that's why I actually bothered to create this thread at all, because I don't want SlamIt Pinball to become another "could have been" game, like iFluid for example. I was simply very afraid that SlamIt Pinball could become another of those broken "fire and forget" titles that seem to plague Steam lately.

While two months is a long time to fix game-breaking bugs, I absolutely understand that a small studio needs some time and I'm sure you all worked hard in order to get the game released in the first place and bug-fixing is not the most enjoyable part of your job. :)

The one thing I do not understand is that you stopped communicating for over three weeks and that's what made me upset enough to create this thread in the tone that it's in at the moment.
It doesn't take much effort or resources to simply check this forum every few days and give us a quick status update. "We're still working on it" would have been enough to calm almost all waves for a while.
When I was looking for support on the SlamIt Pinball website there was basically nothing that looked like it ... the hidden anythingelse[at]technetiumgames simply didn't look very inviting.

The most beloved and successful indie developers like "ACE Team" or "Tripwire" are active members of this community and always have an open ear. For indie games this is a huge part of their success.

If I were in your shoes I would try to build a community around this game, it doesn't take much effort and it will pay off. Just look at the amount of copies that Red Orchestar is selling even years after its original release.
Whenever the patch is released to Steam, ask Valve to create a "SlamIt Pinball" sub-forum for you on this board.
Try to build upon the online-scoreboard feature, maybe even consider adding some small Steam-achievements. It's fairly easy to do, won't cost you much and I'm almost certain that the ROI will be worth it - there are quite a few achievement hunters out there.

I will change my recommendation to "Please, please, buy this game!" everywhere once it is patched and in a stable state.

TechnetiumGames
04-22-2009, 03:02 AM
freibooter,

Thanks for the trust in SlamIt.

Let me just say you are right. Even though we have been working on patch.. and been silent as there was not much to be said.. it would be better if we did occasional post and inform people around here what is going on.

Let me also say that community building is very important. You advice is valuable and right.. but it takes more action and dedication.

We are still waiting for official figures of sales.. and our future strategy will be based on how much time/money could be invested further in developments and eventual in new tables.

Community is a strong backing and a powerful force that can bring success to almost anything. Pinball is a great community builder.

Let me give you my word that we will (Return of Jedi) double our efforts and work on your advice in creating our own community portal.

on patch:
v1.1 is in testing at SF. will know more soon.

best,
VJ

kakkerlak
04-22-2009, 04:24 AM
thnx for the info.
any chance on xfire support soon?

freibooter
04-22-2009, 06:39 AM
I'm very glad to hear that everything is going smoothly and everything is still on track, I'm really looking forward to the patch.

I'm not sure if this is the best place to ask (well, it probably isn't) but I have been wondering why you chose Strategy First as your publisher. At the moment it seems that SlamIt is exclusively distributed via Steam, something you probably could have done directly and without a middleman.
Strategy First seems to have a history of contract breaches, not paying royalties and generally screwing over developers and customers alike ... the "Alien Shooter" fiasco seems to be just the most recent one in a long history of such incidents according to Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strategy_First (this article alone would probably scare me to no end). Introversion, makers of Uplink and Darwinia, were nearly bankrupted by Strategy First and only survived after they took the initiative to publish their games on Steam by themselves.

Ah well, maybe Strategy First changed for the better. I honestly hope that you are going to be successful and that we will be seeing many more tables (and hopefully additional features like achievements for existing ones) from you. :)

Now hopefully the patch will arrive on Steam soon, I can't wait to fully enjoy this game. :)

ViRUS2008
04-22-2009, 09:30 AM
thnx for the info.
any chance on xfire support soon?

Xfire must support the game...

freibooter
04-25-2009, 04:20 AM
I'm starting to wonder how long this "testing" is going to take. Any update on where the patch is stuck at the moment? Has Strategy First already forwarded it to Valve or did they find any serious issues with it?

Salaminizer
04-25-2009, 05:25 PM
this comment: "We are still waiting for official figures of sales" worries me
and that wikipedia text about SF is even more worrying.
I hope the patch includes fixing the textures, I haven't been playing this one simply because whenever I load the game and the textures are corrupted (LOTS of artifacts on the table) and switch options to fix it, the LED becomes yellow and it's impossible to play it.

kakkerlak
04-25-2009, 06:09 PM
that sales comment did not worry me it just made me write off the game.
if it is going to work fine but this is my last two cent I spend here :P

abort_user
04-25-2009, 07:59 PM
well im glad to hear that there is a future patch. sure its a bummer that i cant use my 360 controller but the game isnt broken. i prefer the keyboard but it would be nice to sit away from the screen from time to time.

the game is pretty top notch otherwise. i dont have any real major issues with it. i dont understand why this game is getting so much flak. ive bought games that are broken. some stay broken. some get fixed. i cant tell you how long Half Life: Opposing Force was broken on steam. its nice to know that someone is working on the problem.

this isnt a major release. these guys dont have a huge team/budget. cut them some slack. aside from a few small issues and the controller issue the game is great. but more importantly its playable. and its very authentic for a pinball game.

freibooter
04-26-2009, 12:21 AM
the game is pretty top notch otherwise. i dont have any real major issues with it. i dont understand why this game is getting so much flak. ive bought games that are broken. some stay broken. some get fixed. i cant tell you how long Half Life: Opposing Force was broken on steam. its nice to know that someone is working on the problem.

this isnt a major release. these guys dont have a huge team/budget. cut them some slack. aside from a few small issues and the controller issue the game is great. but more importantly its playable. and its very authentic for a pinball game.

Well, the problem is that yes, it is "top notch" or could be, once the bugs are worked out. I think the game took "so much flak" because although it had so severe bugs that they prevent quite a few people from even playing it correctly at all (texture bugs etc.) and quite a few others from enjoying it (gamepad bug etc.) the game wasn't fixed in a timely manner.
It's a shame that games are released to the market without proper testing but I'm more than willing to cut indie studio's some slack here ... as long as the kinks are worked out quickly after the initial release. And as of today, more than two months after its initial release absolutely nothing has been fixed. That is a very long time even for an indie developer.

Take a look at the "ACE Team" and their "Zeno Clash". They are independent developers of similar size and background. Yet their game saw their first patch not over two months but a few hours after release and I'm certain quite a few will follow in a short period of time.

As I wrote before, I don't think that Technetium Games is entirely to blame for this situation, it's more than likely that once again, Strategy First is screwing over developers and customers alike. There was an "Alien Shooter" patch (before its removal) that fixed a game breaking bug that somehow never made it onto Steam either and maybe got stuck somewhere during Strategy First's "testing" as well ...
And yes, the "Sales figures" comment worried me deeply. It's bad if we have to wait for a patch for over two months, but not even getting the sales figures during that time while Steam technically allows for live sales figures makes it look like Strategy First has never changed their ways but is still preying on unsuspecting indie developers.

freibooter
04-27-2009, 09:03 AM
Mhhh ... looks like there is some very thorough testing going on ... still nothing.

PurSpyk!!
04-27-2009, 09:18 AM
They might be still testing, but they should still post some news about what is happening. I would like to buy this game, but with all the problems, I doubt I will buy it.

TechnetiumGames
04-27-2009, 04:04 PM
Dear All,

Bad news.
SF had a crash report on patch. This one is in rendering loop.. so it could be considered as a difficult-to-find. We will see if this is not related solely to v1.1 so we can at least release the patch as it fixes other problems.

Now for some good news.

It looks like we have corrected the graphics/color/texture bug. We'll know more when patch is released and when people that had reported a problem see if it works. It was one of the craziest problems/solutions we have seen so far..

Will write more as soon as possible..

Best,
VJ

freibooter
04-27-2009, 04:34 PM
Thanks again for the updated info, even though it's not what we wanted to hear, I understand.

I'm wondering why you guys aren't breaking up the patch into a series of smaller ones. The gamepad crashbug should hopefully be a fairly simple fix, why not push that one out while working on the rendering issues etc.

Steam allows for fast and easy patch deployment, why not leverage that? And every update with a changelog is free advertisement for SlamIt Pinball as it shows up on the frontpage's news feed.

Vera Lynn
04-30-2009, 01:38 AM
Soon as you get this fixed I'm probably buying the game. Until then I'll just sit idly by. And, sure, I'd like to support you guys. But right now I probably need the $5 more than you do. At least if it meant me knowingly buying a currently broken game.

coyoterys
04-30-2009, 10:00 AM
Soon as you get this fixed I'm probably buying the game. Until then I'll just sit idly by. And, sure, I'd like to support you guys. But right now I probably need the $5 more than you do. At least if it meant me knowingly buying a currently broken game.

Does anybody here remember you, Vera Lynn?

I remember how you said we'd meet again some sunny day. :cool:

Statement
05-09-2009, 11:37 AM
Hello everyone. I don't know if the patch is out yet, or if we're still sitting ducks. Here's my story anyways.

I haven't seen any missing or corrupt textures but the first time I ran the game I was experiencing alot of stuttering. It wasn't a constant slowdown of the game but it happened rather in intervals. Maybe this was something to do with changing video settings and not restarting game. I couldn't play it and got very disappointed so I turned to this forum to see if people had similar problems.

When I started reading about the new patch, I got excited and wondered which patch version I had. Steam patch information tells me the game was updated 1969 but I was expecting something newer than that. Many games list the version number in the title screen so I booted up the game to see if there was any, but there weren't, or I couldn't find it. Anyways, I thought I'd take a rematch while I was still checking around in the game (this was my second run of the game) and the stuttering appeared to be gone. All was fine and I wasn't supposed to post any comment here really but then I had an unhandled exception. The game fried out on me.

So... What I guess I am asking is; is the patch out yet? Will it resolve these issues? Sorry, but having bought several games lately with all of them annoying me with random crashes, this kinda was the drip that made it tip over.

I really love the game setting, the graphics are crisp, the sound is ok and so are the controls. Just need to tighten up those nuts and bolts. And I am sooooo longing for a pinball game :)

Wish you guys best of luck.

Statement
05-09-2009, 11:44 AM
Oh lord... Yeah, as I said the game crashed on me last time I ran it - a couple of minutes ago. Also I read that the game blocks CTRL ALT DEL. Now I can't even open up my task manager even though the game has crashed! Even worse, I can't even bring up my windows start menu or swap windows through the taskbar. Better add this to the bug list if you haven't already.

freibooter
05-09-2009, 04:01 PM
The patch has been promised over and over, so far there was absolutely nothing. Not even a small one addressing the most pressing issues with this game.
I really want to be able to understand the developers, they are a small studio, I'm sure they worked hard on this game and I even understand that they needed some time off after release.
But this game was released unfinished and with so many severe issues that it just boggle my mind that even over 10 weeks after the initial release there hasn't been a single, even minor fix.
Just look at Zeno Clash, another game by an indie game studio of similar, maybe even smaller size (three brothers). There has been a fix addressing some minor annoyances less than 24 hours later. And another one fixing the worst bugs (and the pale in comparison to the ones of this game) just a few days after release and there is another one just around the corner. And all this time they found the time to fully communicate with the community etc.
And the community is thanking them, I personally convinced more than halve a dozen friends to buy it and it isn't even a multiplayer game.

The way I understood it was that this game was supposed to be just one table of many, but with every day that's passing it feels like the developers are simply blowing their chance to build an even remotely successful franchise.

Should we ever see a patch it will have to blow me away with its pure awesomeness, fixing all the issues and more ... but by now I hope we'll see at least something ... someday.

I'm just wondering: Is the game really limited to max 1280x960 at 60Hz for some odd reason? Seriously, no TFT support of at least 1280x1024? Why only 60Hz? Is there really no AA?
Or is that just me and another bug?

raduque
05-10-2009, 12:04 PM
Man, I envy those of you who can even see what the game looks like.

I get a black screen, then dumped back to the desktop with "bigscore.exe has stopped working". Happens on both Vista x86 and Windows 7 x64. Oh, and Windows 7 x86.

Two computers:
Gigabyte p965 motherboard
Core 2 Duo @ 2.8ghz
4gb DDR2-800
Radeon HD3870
Vista x86 and Windows 7 x64

Dell studio 17
Pentium dual-core t4200
3gb DDR2-800
Radeon Mobility HD3650
Windows 7 x86

paratech2008
05-11-2009, 09:16 AM
No offense to the company that produced the game, but why should the amount of money we paid for the game have to do with gamers receiving a working bug free copy? Part of making money is selling games people will buy and establishing a relationship with customers. I buy from Steam as I have enjoyed several titles and consider Steam games to be good games.

I want to support this company, but I can't even play 1 hour of this game without crashes to desktop, sometimes I even have to reboot my PC after playing this game. When another game is made by this company, will people who purchased this game want to buy it if they've had crashed systems because of the game?

If a patch is released and this game is fixed, I'm willing to buy future games, particularly pinball related games, but if it isn't fixed, then I doubt many gamers will want to buy any more games.

limonaatix
05-12-2009, 03:28 AM
I can't even get the game to start. It says: "Your video card is below the minimum requirements for the game" or something like that. And I have nVidia GTX 260! I'm running Vista 64bit and all other games run fine.

Any ideas?

Statement
05-12-2009, 04:13 AM
No offense to the company that produced the game, but why should the amount of money we paid for the game have to do with gamers receiving a working bug free copy? Part of making money is selling games people will buy and establishing a relationship with customers. I buy from Steam as I have enjoyed several titles and consider Steam games to be good games.
This is EXACTLY what I thought when I read their statements. It's not we who set the prices, YOU at the company/publishers do. It feels bad for a customer to hear that since YOU have put prices so low, YOU are entitled delivering broken product and telling us we aren't entitled demanding a fix for a product we bought.

Anyway, I downloaded the game at work, and at work I have this famous texture bug. Screen is black, red and green. Can't play for ♥♥♥♥.

When I buy a cop of coffee, at least usually I can drink it.

Chapa9dj
05-12-2009, 05:14 PM
Man, I envy those of you who can even see what the game looks like.

I get a black screen, then dumped back to the desktop.

I get exactly the same problem.
I can't complain, the guy tried to help me in every possible way through mails but we couldn't find a solution.

Statement
05-13-2009, 08:51 AM
I just wanted to tell you that since the game crashed, I haven't been able to open task manager through CTRL ALT DELETE nor CTRL SHIFT ESC. Windows says; "Task Manager has been disabled by administrator". I've rebooted system, to no avail. It's been like this since I bought [played + crashed] the game.

I am thinking maybe the game is messing with Windows settings as you start the game, and since the game crashed it couldn't restore those settings? Now I really understood the full potential of SlamIt pinball :o :eek:

kakkerlak
05-13-2009, 08:57 AM
there are plenty of tips posted how to deal with the taskmanager issue
look on line 51 on this website for the easiest solution
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

TechnetiumGames
05-17-2009, 05:15 PM
Dear all,

Patch is online!! (as promised ;) )
Link:
http://www.slamitpinball.com/home_support.htm

Do send reports or experiences as soon as you can!!
It will help us to (as quickly as possible) correct any new or old problems that might happen.

DO SAVE THE OLD ORIGINAL INSTALLATION!!!!

Thank you very much!

Speak soon,
VJ

kakkerlak
05-17-2009, 05:23 PM
installed it and the game still starts I play some more tomorrow I think my issue is fixed in the next patch anyway :P

edit:confirmed I have to wait for the next patch.
just crashed again as I did before the patch.

freibooter
05-18-2009, 01:01 AM
Bug in Joypad configuration that made the game crash

Nope, still crashing like always:

Original wired Xbox 360 Gamepad on Vista 32bit SP2.

I'll try to fiddle with this patch some more but so far it doesn't seem to fix much for me ... :(

TechnetiumGames
05-18-2009, 01:25 AM
@kakkerlak:

Where did the game crash.. I tried locating your post in forums.. but was unable to find anything.
Can you send bugtrack? (if you already did, just tell me from which email you did it)

@freibooter:

Strange.. we specifically test it with XBox360 wired one! Lets continue this through emails so we don't spam forums until we solve it..

freibooter
05-18-2009, 01:42 AM
I just deleted settings_user_custom.cfg and even uninstalled and reinstalled SlamIt and applied the patch again - the game still crashes hard whenever I try to select a joypad.
I'll send you a PM with with my e-mail but discussing this widespread issue in the forum where other people affected by it can see it is one of the big user-benefits of these forums and certainly not "spamming". But I'm willing to play by your rules here.

Update:
Nope, still nothing fixed for me buy this patch.

I also don't understand what this is supposed to mean:
On the first start, game will use default screen resolution

How is this different from it previous behavior? It certainly never used my screen's default resolution of 1280x1024.
And I'm still entirely at loss why 19" TFT's native resolution of 1280x1024 isn't supported by the game and why I can't select more than 60Hz for anything 1024x768 and higher?

freibooter
05-18-2009, 02:33 AM
I just fiddled some more and now I'm at loss of words:

I tweaked the settings_user_custom.cfg and my TFT's native resolution of 1280x1024 at 75Hz works flawlessly. Why on earth would the internal settings dialog of the game prevent me from using this resolution, forcing me to use something completely distorted like 1280x960?

So I went a step ahead and tried to activate AA and anisoptric filtering in the config-file ... sadly SlamIt would simply turn this setting off again on launch.
So i tried the next best thing and simply forced 16xQ AA and 16x anisoptric and a few other quality settings for "bigscore.exe" in the Nvidia control panel:
And it works! The game looks brilliant and works without performance loss and doesn't even remotely resemble the smudgy, pixelated and distorted mess that the internal settings would force me to play.

So I went ahead and enabled to Xbox 360 Controller and it works! I still can't configure it because that would still crash the game but I can use it in its default setup. It doesn't work in the menu but at least it does work in the game.
Vibrate doesn't work either, but as long as the game uses DirectInput instead of Xinput for vibrate that was supposed to be expected. Sadly :(

I don't think I have ever seen a game that would so drastically and actively sabotage itself.
This could be the best looking pinball simulator there is, with brilliant physics and wonderful controls - yet hardly any customer will ever get to see the game's true potential because of severely flawed and bugged setting-dialogs.

Please, Technetium, get your act together. You have an absolute diamond in the rough here.

kakkerlak
05-18-2009, 02:49 AM
@kakkerlak:

Where did the game crash.. I tried locating your post in forums.. but was unable to find anything.
Can you send bugtrack? (if you already did, just tell me from which email you did it)

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9593994&postcount=75
if you need new debug reports with the new patch let me know.

edit:I am trying to record the crash with fraps but when I start fraps I drop from 60 to 9 fps.
I think thats preventing the game from crashing :P

I can record day of defeat source at 60fps on 1680x1050.
will try record some more later.

spyre
05-18-2009, 05:31 AM
This new patch sucks, its supposed to fix the crash on the input config screen but NOPE it still crashes when trying to assign inputs to my Xbox 360 pad.

spyre
05-18-2009, 05:40 AM
Also since updating with the patch the ball no longer launches making the game unplayable. You can use the cursor keys to pull back the ball release spring thing but the ball doesnt move. Way to go. I want my money back for this god awful buggy game!!!

kakkerlak
05-18-2009, 06:58 AM
it took some doing but when I played windowed 800x600 i got 20fps when recording.
that was enough to crash it.

I had to work in some screenshots for the things fraps did not capture.
http://cockroachnet.com/video/slamit4.wmv

the seperate screenies
http://cockroachnet.com/image/slamit1.jpg
http://cockroachnet.com/image/slamit2.jpg

I can't find that error.txt on my PC or I would have included it.

TechnetiumGames
05-18-2009, 07:31 AM
@spyre:

did you actually play the game? ever? previous to patch? and you think it is awful?

it looks like Xbox360 still makes problems.. which is strange..
do you have a driver installed for xbox360 pad?

if it crashes.. can you send bug.txt and log.txt please? it would help us a lot

Thank you

persechini
05-18-2009, 08:28 AM
I'm still having the controller config problem. I'm using the drivers windows update downloads when you plug the controller for the first time. The only log I could get is from the error window, don't know if it was you are looking for, but there it goes

Nome do Evento de Problema (problem event name): APPCRASH
Nome do Aplicativo (app name): BigScore.exe
Versão do Aplicativo (app version): 0.0.0.0
Carimbo de Data/Hora do Aplicativo (time stamp/app time): 49e5dc4b
Nome do Módulo de Falhas(failed module name): BigScore.exe
Versão do Módulo de Falhas(failed module version): 0.0.0.0
Carimbo de Data/Hora do Módulo de Falhas(time stamp/failed module time): 49e5dc4b
Código de Exceção(exeption code): c0000005
Deslocamento de Exceção(exeption displacement): 0009dcde
Versão do sistema operacional(OS version): 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.6
Identificação da Localidade(location ID): 1046
Informações Adicionais 1(additional information 1): 645e
Informações Adicionais 2: e58613b6aaa9f96e35d16a6c4cf3d2e7
Informações Adicionais 3: 1d58
Informações Adicionais 4: 262530df9d7e047868f3cd0da8ac9ff6

Well, the patch changed nothing for me so far. The other problems were intermittent and turned out to be very uncommon pre-patch anyway, and default controller configuration is OK to me

The issues have become only but a little hassle now, so I can finally enjoy the game, I'm just not pleased about how long it took for a patch to see the light of day and how it didn't do a thing, I had to depend on pure luck of problems fading out on their own (I didn't deactivate trap.exe, for example, and yet the key blocking when leaving the game that showed up at first simply vanished at one time). Good luck for devs and players solving the remaining issues

freibooter
05-18-2009, 09:27 AM
@spyre

If it actually works it is a really good game. I have to agree with DethLocke that the table design could use some improvement but getting the game stable and fully functional should be top priority right now.
I just wish Technetium Games could really focus on that right now, the basically non-existent improvements after almost three months of waiting for this patch are disappointing. But I'm happy that Technetium isn't just giving up and I still have hope.

@TechnetiumGames

I PMed you my e-mail, if you need any additional information on the controller crash just let me know what you need.

I'm using Microsoft's Xinput drivers that come with Vista. There is the open source XBCD, a third party DirectInput driver that makes the gamepad fully DirectInput and Force Feedback compatible but breaks Xinput compatibility so most people aren't using it - after all, Xinput compatibility is one of the biggest reason to get the gamepad (and it's also an excellent piece of hardware).

Once the configuration is fixed I would love to see support for Xinput's rumble feature. It's incredibly easy to implement and well worth the effort.

I'm also wondering if the in-game's video options are intentionally capped at 1280x960 at 60Hz or if this is a bug I'm experiencing. And why do the AA and Anisoptric filter settings not work (and aren't even offered in game) if forcing both via driver settings not only works fine but also makes the game look so much better.
I'm currently playing the game at 1280x1024, 75Hz, 16xQ AA and 16x AA and it looks stunning and works really well. I just shouldn't have to manually edit config-files and and configure driver tweaks in order to be able to do so.

Maybe it would be time to create a thread with a bug list that can be slowly worked off.

I would really love to see the SlamIt Pinball series to succeed and I would be more than willing to purchase more tables for it as long as this game will be fixed in a reasonable amount of time.

Fix the game, get the patch on Steam, add some Steam-achievements and I'm sure you will see a very notable increase in sales.

kakkerlak
05-18-2009, 09:43 AM
I'm still having the controller config problem. I'm using the drivers windows update downloads when you plug the controller for the first time. The only log I could get is from the error window, don't know if it was you are looking for,
this is what he means
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9305988&postcount=36

1. Send us following info:

a. OS version installed
b. Graphics card details and driver version
c. Processor and Memory details (Model, Size, Producer)
d. Motherboard model and producer
e. GamePad model and producer (if you are using one)
f. any additional information you think we might need

2. Do following:

a. Create (with Notepad) start1.bat in SlamIt Pinball Big Score folder, where is BigScore.exe file located. Let this file contain following line:
BigScore.exe –bugtrack
b. Create (with Notepad) start2.bat in SlamIt Pinball Big Score folder, where is BigScore.exe file located. Let this file contain following line:
BigScore.exe –log
c. Start file start1.bat and play pinball until it crashes (Pinball can become extremely slow, because bugs tracking follows all process inside the game)
d. Start file start2.bat and play pinball until crash (Pinball can become extremely slow, because logs follows all process inside the game)
e. Those .bat files will create bug.txt and log.txt files which will contain information about log and bug tracking after crash. Send us this files with upper info about configuration, or leave a link for download (these files can become very large; depending on a time period since starting of the game). Also take care that you have necessary permission for NTFS files system that you can write in folder where BigScore.exe is located (the best is if you can do it all under Administrators permissions).

freibooter
05-18-2009, 02:26 PM
O.k. ... this really feels like I just have to trick SlamIt into working now. But if it does, it is brilliant:

My Xbox 360 Gamepad's rumble feature just started working. I noticed that for some odd reason SlamIt just kept turning off the "Vibrate" option right after I turned it on. Now I turned it on, immediately exited the game and wow ... it works, even on the otherwise tricky Xinput device!
This is fantastic and gives the whole game an even more realistic feeling.

freibooter
05-18-2009, 02:45 PM
Great ... with every bug worked around there is another one lurking around the corner:
Alt-Tabbing out of the game now permanently breaks the left flipper for me. It gets stuck on "pressed" until restarting the whole game :(

kakkerlak
05-18-2009, 02:52 PM
I don't think I own any game that officially supports alt+tabbing out of the game.

freibooter
05-18-2009, 04:37 PM
I don't think I own any game that officially supports alt+tabbing out of the game.

Explain "officialy supports". I personally can't think of any game created in the last half-dozen years where it wouldn't work.
Well, there are more pressing issues at hand anyways ...

kakkerlak
05-18-2009, 05:03 PM
lets take the valve games for an example none of those are supported when you toggle out of full screen and want support if it causes bugs..

you talk about if it will work but thats another issue it is just not supported.

freibooter
05-19-2009, 01:43 AM
you talk about if it will work but thats another issue it is just not supported.

Well, considering that Windows is a multitasking OS and Alt-Tab is build-in functionality, as long as not otherwise noted it should be supported. Especially for casual games this is important functionality and SlamIt does fall in that category somewhere.

But as mentioned before, there are more important bugs to be fixed first.

kakkerlak
05-19-2009, 01:50 AM
it is not supported thats why there is a windowed mode.
it is just the way it is.

cars go faster every year but the speed limits stay the same on the road.

freibooter
05-19-2009, 01:54 AM
cars go faster every year but the speed limits stay the same on the road.

Bad analogy, I'm from Germany. ;)

kakkerlak
05-19-2009, 01:59 AM
I tought of that and it think you guys are going to get speed limits there soon also.
and driving above the speed limit is also not supported in germany.
no insurance when you are in an accident when you drive past the suggested speed limit.
it does not matter if you cause the accident or not.

freibooter
05-19-2009, 02:41 AM
Ok, back on topic:
There really, really needs to be a "reset to defaults" option in the gameplay menu.

Salaminizer
05-19-2009, 05:34 AM
I'll try the patch later, I'm more interested in the graphics bug, but I'll try to configure my Xbox 360 controller as well.

it's pretty sad that a dev has to release a patch by its own, but if helping them in any way means that we will have other (stable) tables, I will certainly help!

paratech2008
05-19-2009, 09:47 AM
Dear all,

Patch is online!! (as promised ;) )
Link:

Do send reports or experiences as soon as you can!!
It will help us to (as quickly as possible) correct any new or old problems that might happen.

DO SAVE THE OLD ORIGINAL INSTALLATION!!!!

Thank you very much!

Speak soon,
VJ

Does this work for Steam? It didn't seem to know where the game was located and when I attempted to patch it in the Subfolder for the game, it listed it as successfully installing, but it still crashes with my XBOX 360 controller. About 3 seconds after selecting that controller, I get the "This program has encountered an error and must close"

kakkerlak
05-19-2009, 10:05 AM
install the patch to this path wherever you installed steam
\"program files"\Steam\SteamApps\common\slamit pinball big score

paratech2008
05-19-2009, 10:58 AM
Yeah, that's where I installed it, but it still crashes when trying to use the XBOX 360 controller...

***EDIT***

I completely removed the program from Steam via Steam's remove program, Re downloaded the game, applied the patch in the subfolder, and it still crashes trying to read my XBOX 360 Wired gamepad.

AMD 5000 2.6 GHZ Dual core
GeForce 8600, Driver 6.14.11.7824
Win XP SP 3, 2 GYG RAM
SB Live! Soundcard

Salaminizer
05-19-2009, 04:04 PM
the joypad configuration crashes here too. apparently there are some textures missing as well, at least the game tries to load some tga files that simply do not exist, but it's all in the log file.

Q8200, GeForce 8600GT running 6.14.11.8250 driver, Win XP 32 bits 3gb ram.

log file: http://www.2shared.com/file/5860444/7ecbce8c/log.html
bug file: http://www.2shared.com/file/5860448/777d82a7/bug.html

spyre
05-19-2009, 10:13 PM
@spyre:

did you actually play the game? ever? previous to patch? and you think it is awful?

it looks like Xbox360 still makes problems.. which is strange..
do you have a driver installed for xbox360 pad?

if it crashes.. can you send bug.txt and log.txt please? it would help us a lot

Thank you

Yes I played it before the patch but it was very crashy, but I decided to give you guys the benefit of the doubt until the 1.1 patch came out. Looks like I shouldn't have bothered. If it was bug free it would have been worthy of buying but not otherwise.

TechnetiumGames
05-20-2009, 02:08 AM
@spyre:

Can you give us the biggest benefit of all and send us your crash report, so we can find out why the game crashes. That would really help. Thank you very much!

@freibooter:

It is great that you are now enjoying the game. Your posts have been direct :), but constructive. Lets work on that Joypad issue, so we can make it work in 100% cases. Will talk more later.

@All:

We have the biggest and most important issue to resolve!

Is the patch working like the original game?!
(no strange new crashes since you installed the patch)

SF argued that they would not release the patch as it was causing more crashes then the original game. Which was not what we have experienced!

It is THE MOST IMPORTANT thing to be sure about.

So if you can post officially here that the game works in the same way, it would help a lot. Or if it doesn't please also explain what went wrong.

Thank you all very much!

kakkerlak
05-20-2009, 02:13 AM
no changes for me after installing the patch.
it still crashes random when I am playing.

freibooter
05-20-2009, 03:44 AM
Quite frankly, the patch doesn't change anything. I do not experience any crashes in the game itself, just annoying game glitches, with or without the patch.

But the patch also doesn't seem to fix anything. I'm sure I installed it correctly, I even checked the timestamps on the files in replaces and everything should be fine. But if it were not for the new "Portrait Mode" option I probably wouldn't even now that it was installed.

The game still crashes on joypad configuration 100% of the time on both systems I tried it on.

We all seem to agree that Strategy First is wrong in claiming that the patch makes things worse. I don't see any reason why it shouldn't be deployed via Steam, other than the fact that it doesn't fix what it says it does.
Please, stand your ground here and make sure that the patches will eventually be deployed via Steam, especially once they actually fix the bugs. ;)

But letting the community test them first is actually a very smart strategy that several other developers do as well, so keep at it. I hope we can test a release candidate of 1.2 shortly. :)

P.S.: I'd still like to know if the limited amount of resolutions available in the in-game settings is a bug specific to my system or by design?

Salaminizer
05-20-2009, 05:21 AM
yes, the game plays the same. to be honest, if you guys didn't have the problem with the gamepad I wouldn't even try to configure it (and therefore see the crash)

persechini
05-20-2009, 07:34 AM
P.S.: I'd still like to know if the limited amount of resolutions available in the in-game settings is a bug specific to my system or by design?

I can play at my screen native resolution 1680x1050, and I see all resolutions available from my graphic card in the game as well, even the custom ones

deathbyguitar
05-20-2009, 11:21 PM
After installing the patch, the game still plays fine for me. It never had the crashing problem like others are experiencing. So far, so good.

freibooter
05-21-2009, 01:09 AM
I can play at my screen native resolution 1680x1050, and I see all resolutions available from my graphic card in the game as well, even the custom ones

Then what I'm experiencing is a serious bug.
I have a Nvidia Geforce GTS 250 with 185.85 WHQL drivers and two monitors - 1280x1024@75Hz each. My OS is Vista Ultimate 32bit SP2. And something is equation seems to be tripping the internal settings.

TechnetiumGames
05-22-2009, 01:50 AM
For now it all looks good.

We haven't received any new emails at support email yet. Meaning patch is working at least like the 1.0 ver.

By the way.. random crashes are hardest to catch, especially if it only happens on specific hardware configurations.. in a distant location. Will work on that..

If testing of 1.1 proves to be going good.. we could release 1.2 even next week.. especially if we finally correct that damn annoying joypad bug.

rgds

kakkerlak
05-22-2009, 02:02 AM
my door is open come over for a cup of coffee :P

I have hardware comming out of my ♥♥♥ but I can't find any config that does not crash the game.
intel,amd,ddr,ddr2,ddr3,ati,nvidia from single to quad core noting works for me all tested on a fresh windows install.
I can run anything I want problem free normaly.

if you need more debug info let me know.

freibooter
05-22-2009, 02:23 AM
I just send you guy my logfiles and hardware details. I'm looking forward to the new patch and I hope that we will see it on Steam soon after that. Don't let Strategy First sabotage your work. :)
Your welcome to send me beta-patches at any time, I'll let you know if they fix things.

freibooter
05-22-2009, 02:40 AM
Dear Technetium Games,

as promised I just updated the beginning of this thread. :)

I'm currently experiencing the following bugs:

1. Xbox 360 gamepad config crashes the game.
2. The gamepad's "Vibrate" setting is not saved - the game keeps disabling it for no good reason, even if enabled in the config file. It works fine if enabled during play, however, it's just disabled again on next launch. :(
3. The in-game video settings are capped at 1280x960 @ 60Hz for me, not displaying my TFT's native resolution of 1280x1024 @ 75Hz.

4. AA and AF should really be options in the in-game settings. :)

paratech2008
05-24-2009, 08:09 PM
I tried the game tonight with the 1.1 patch and it didn't last for 30 minutes without crashing to desktop.

AMD 5000 2.6 Dual Core, 2 GYG Memory, GeForce 8600 256 Meg Video Card, SB Live Sound Card, Win XP SP3.

freibooter
05-27-2009, 06:11 AM
Hey Technetium, could you give us a quick update how patch 1.2 is coming along and how chances are that we might eventually see it on Steam? :)

paratech2008
05-30-2009, 10:17 AM
It looks like nearly a week has passed with no word on what is going on with the 1.2 patch?

:(

freibooter
05-30-2009, 10:27 AM
It looks like nearly a week has passed with no word on what is going on with the 1.2 patch?

:(

That's normal for Technetium Games, sadly. I'm sure we'll eventually hear from them again and get a few friendly and apologetic lines like usual, maybe next week, maybe the week after that ...

Dear Technetium, if it is too hard for you to remember to check on this forum every couple of days you might find "Thread tools" -> "Subscribe to this Thread" a useful tool to get notified whenever your customers are getting restless again. ;)

paratech2008
06-01-2009, 07:35 PM
Well apparently we didn't pay enough to qualify as customers...

'k "It took a cup of coffee to say that you didn't want me as a customer!"

ellyott
06-02-2009, 05:49 PM
Well apparently we didn't pay enough to qualify as customers...

'k "It took a cup of coffee to say that you didn't want me as a customer!"

Well, I tried the game on single-processor PCs - worked smoothly fast and perfect [in any resolution].

Take a look at this video, how it should work:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YcPhdTqoKw&feature=related

But then I tested the game on DualCore and QuadCore processors - frame rate drops rapidly down. I heard the team is working very hard to find all bugs & speed the game up on new processors. Just be patient [I know how do you feel - I am very impatient customer too] :) Everything will be fixed, just needs time :)

paratech2008
06-02-2009, 08:05 PM
They were the ones who whined about the sale price of the game being too cheap, and they are the ones who haven't commented in a week. We paid for the game and many of us cannot play it without it crashing and sometimes requiring us to reboot.

Even a progress report would be welcome.

freibooter
06-03-2009, 01:43 AM
Even a progress report would be welcome.

That's the point: the difference between patient and contempt or nervous and disgruntled customers is maybe one or two short posts per week. I do not understand why that is so hard for Technetium. We're all willing to cut them some slack since they are a small studio that is new to the business - but that makes proper communication so much more important.

I'm sure most of us have been burned in the past, where otherwise good games never got fixed, where promised patches never got released etc. for all kinds of reasons.

When Technetium Games stopped commenting for over a months after promising a yet to be delivered fast fix for the game's issues I was certain that they abandoned the game and simply gave up.

That fear creeps up again every single time Technetium goes back into hiding and it's making me nervous and disgruntled.

paratech2008
06-03-2009, 08:39 AM
If they expect us to buy another game from them, they need to be professional and let us know what is going on, and not be flippant, or be crying they weren't paid enough to deliver a professional game to their customers.

I'm willing to be patient for the 1.2 patch, but I don't want to see that they aren't at least touching base with their customers weekly to let us know what is going on regarding the game we purchased.

persechini
06-03-2009, 09:32 AM
My guess now is that they simply can't figure out what is wrong.

If someone told me they are rewriting the game from scratch I would believe it.

freibooter
06-03-2009, 01:23 PM
My guess now is that they simply can't figure out what is wrong.

I'm rather surprised to see them struggle so much with what appears to be almost simple problems. Xinput is ridiculously easy to program and even DirectInput is not too challenging. The gamepad config crash should have been fixed in a matter of days, not months. It's not like they have to program for every single gamepad out there, both DirectInput and Xinput are mature and solid APIs.

Random crashes are much harder to track down, though ...

Huge amounts of the game show a lot of skill though, as far as I know the physics engine was developed in house by Technetium Games, which makes this so much more surprising. So many things were done right, the game even supports Xinput rumble while still supporting DirectInput devices, something you don't see in most mainstream games. It's hard to understand how they pulled off 95% of the game so well and then failed so hard at the last 5%.
Sadly the last 5% are simultaneously the hardest and the most important for a solid game.

I'm starting to wonder if one of the game's lead programmers left Technetium at some point, taking a lot of know how with him ... which would explain why the rest of the team is struggling now and why certain features (like options for AA and AF) didn't make it into the final game.

Of course that is all speculation - but since Technetium is once again giving us the silent treatment there is nothing else to do.

theyarecoming4u
06-07-2009, 06:55 PM
Bah, this game is a joke... nothing but problems and bugs. Balls disappearing, jerky graphics, glitches, etc. I decided to dig out Pro Pinball: Big Race USA - a game from 1998 - and it installed and ran perfectly... it even has a better table and more realistic physics. I'd be embarrassed as a developer if I couldn't even surpass an 11yr old game.

paratech2008
06-08-2009, 08:07 AM
Yeah, they should be embarrassed, but they seem to be in hiding at the moment. I wonder if they seriously believe people are going to buy games from them in the future if they continue to act in this manner?

freibooter
06-08-2009, 02:23 PM
I sent them an e-mail ... maybe they'll react again. But once again, I'm starting to feel like they simply abandoned us. Let's just hope the feeling isn't true ...

freibooter
06-11-2009, 12:42 AM
I just updated the recommendation on the first page to "DON'T BUY" again.

Seriously, Technetium Games, you lost my trust almost entirely!

paratech2008
06-11-2009, 04:08 PM
I nearly purchased a game Technetium Games was distributing but thought better of it. They can forget about me buying games from them, and I won't recommend this game or them to any other gamers I know.

Anthony62
06-16-2009, 07:48 PM
Too bad everyone is having trouble with the game,because its a fun pinball game for $5.

isolated1
07-26-2009, 10:31 AM
I have no problems with the game other then being unable to use a wireless 360 controller, and the inability to redefine the keyboard mappings. If you could fix these, great. I do like the game. (I am not great at it, but its fun)

Freelance
07-27-2009, 08:09 PM
The game's good, but I really wish I could use my gamepad with it. Pinball just isn't as good if you're not using a controller. If only a fix came out...

paratech2008
07-27-2009, 08:38 PM
It still crashes on me after playing for a while. It is a shame, but I'm guessing this game will never be fixed. I'm disappointed Steam is still selling it or any Strategy First games for that matter.

MangAnimE001
09-04-2009, 05:42 AM
Unfortunately I bought this game. Worked for a short while, had corrupted textures, then froze. Because of the stupid trap.exe I couldn't ALT-F4 or open task manager to end the program. It should've at least had a message when you first run it that it uses this program & how to disable it if you don't wan't to use this feature of the game. I use Avira Antivir & it picked up the trap.exe as a virus/trojan, this game should be added to the Steam Support page for games that AV software list as a virus (in "Antivirus software reports Steam games are malicious" section).

Their web-site is completely dead now too.

Taz
09-04-2009, 05:28 PM
I bought the game for $2.49 and that's about all it's worth. It hasn't crashed yet but it sure is hard especially on a keyboard.

There doesn't seem to be a way to reconfigure the keyboard controls and I am not interested in purchasing a gamepad just for one game.

Maybe I'll dust off my OCZ NIA and see if it helps.

isolated1
09-07-2009, 10:23 PM
I just seemed to develop a new issue that someone else also said they had: when I start a new game the ball will not launch from the plunger. This is really strange, it always let me play, ran fine, and didn't crash unless I tried to set up a 360 controller.

isolated1
09-07-2009, 10:29 PM
oh yeah, this only started happening since installing windows 7 rtm.

freibooter
09-08-2009, 12:40 AM
I just seemed to develop a new issue that someone else also said they had: when I start a new game the ball will not launch from the plunger.

No, that's not a new issue, it's one of the many, many known issues and it has been reported on this forum somewhere already. I personally gave up on this broken game so I sadly can't help you.

Jezuz
09-08-2009, 11:26 PM
Luckily I only spent $2.49 on this. Was wishing I could get some old style pinball action, like from Win 98/XP. No such luck I guess. Game is simply far too fast and the ball is too hard to see half the time. Everything just... blends in. Real shame.

Good luck to this developer.

Akudama89
09-08-2009, 11:37 PM
Luckily I only spent $2.49 on this. Was wishing I could get some old style pinball action, like from Win 98/XP. No such luck I guess. Game is simply far too fast and the ball is too hard to see half the time. Everything just... blends in. Real shame.

Good luck to this developer.

i think "this developer" are no longer developers....lol

Jezuz
09-08-2009, 11:47 PM
i think "this developer" are no longer developers....lol

Is that so? What's the story? Just another failed group of Russians or what?

piman
09-09-2009, 07:08 AM
Update:

Don't buy this game until Technetium gets their royalties! (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=896604) ...

Technetium Games tried fixing this game, so far unsuccessfully, mainly due to Strategy First's (in)action. While this might very well be the most realistic pinball simulator on the market it is simply broken and in its current state a source of more frustration than fun.

Be aware that the game is currently still unpatched on Steam and that the game still has a lot of unfixed bugs and issues!

Technetium Games has yet to earn our trust, since they keep disappearing for weeks on end and it is never clear if they show back up again.

This game currently is broken and Technetium Games once again went into hiding.

My personal suggestion: Don't buy this game until a working patch for it has arrived on Steam and the developers are getting paid for it.

Wish i had come here first. I just got the game and it won't even boot. the link above for the patch is not even live. :mad: The only good point is it was only 2.49. But 2.49 for a known non working game is too much. Steam should pull the game and stop selling it until they fix it.

If you want a good pinball game that's working get Future Pinball it's free and works and had MANY tables. If you don't like those you can make your own also.

freibooter
09-09-2009, 07:24 AM
If you want a good pinball game that's working get Future Pinball it's free and works and had MANY tables. If you don't like those you can make your own also.

Wow, thanks for the advice, Future Pinball is looking great. :)

I'm still severely upset by the fact that a Valve-Admin (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=810138) himself not only admitted to a severe crash in the game but also promised a speedy patch (that never materialized).
Valve is still knowingly selling a broken game!

grum0613
06-26-2010, 04:03 PM
I just bought this game for $1.69, and I can say it isn't worth it.
The controller crash bug is ridiculous.
The ball also gets "lost" in a lock zone, and the game just sits there. At least in a real pinball game, it'll flex all the bumpers and lock areas to see if a ball is stuck. Not this game.
And then, when I give up and say "Start New Game", it does. Except, I don't get a ball. The plunger/launch area is empty.

I wish I'd spent the money anything else.

DO NOT BUY SLAMIT PINBALL!

SergioS
06-27-2010, 05:23 PM
I just bought this game for $1.69, and I can say it isn't worth it.
The controller crash bug is ridiculous.
The ball also gets "lost" in a lock zone, and the game just sits there. At least in a real pinball game, it'll flex all the bumpers and lock areas to see if a ball is stuck. Not this game.
And then, when I give up and say "Start New Game", it does. Except, I don't get a ball. The plunger/launch area is empty.

I wish I'd spent the money anything else.

DO NOT BUY SLAMIT PINBALL!

Unfortunately, Steam version doesn't include the latest 1.2 Patch. You need to download it, from the official website: http://www.slamitpinball.com/slamit.php

Except for "Bad framerate in Win7" issue, i didn't find any major issue. And it' a very solid "pinball" game.

deathbyguitar
06-30-2010, 08:20 PM
I agree. One of the better one's I've played in recent history. It sucks that it's so buggy for so many people. Hopefully the developers are getting paid now and will release the patch soon.

paratech2008
06-30-2010, 09:18 PM
I think it still crashes if you have a wired 360 controller plugged in...

SergioS
07-01-2010, 05:54 AM
I think it still crashes if you have a wired 360 controller plugged in...

You need patch 1.2, to fix that issue. 360 controller works fine here.

freibooter
07-01-2010, 07:06 AM
You need patch 1.2, to fix that issue. 360 controller works fine here.

Really? Are you able to do anything in the controller config-screen of 1.2 or is it just non-working instead of a crash now.

And why on earth is it still not on Steam, even though they appear to have changed publishers according to the store page. They blamed Strategy First for not allowing the patch to be delivered via Steam, what's their excuse now?

Sadly the controller crash issue was the very least of the problems this game has, patch 1.2 didn't change much of that. :(

SergioS
07-02-2010, 11:26 AM
Really? Are you able to do anything in the controller config-screen of 1.2 or is it just non-working instead of a crash now.

And why on earth is it still not on Steam, even though they appear to have changed publishers according to the store page. They blamed Strategy First for not allowing the patch to be delivered via Steam, what's their excuse now?

Sadly the controller crash issue was the very least of the problems this game has, patch 1.2 didn't change much of that. :(

The game crashed in controller options, with the 360 controller. After updating into 1.2 you just need to select 360 gamepad in controller options, no more crashes, i didn't tried to remap keys, because that wasn't necessary.
I kinda agree with you, Steam version should be updated, but at least there is a patch out, so it doesn't really annoy me.

NutleyBoy
12-22-2010, 11:51 AM
Don't Buy

awmperry
01-06-2011, 08:05 AM
I don't know if the gameplay works on my system, because I can't even start it. It just crashes to desktop - but leaves that bloody trap.exe to stop me using any Windows shortcuts.

The patches are unavailable, and on the Slamit website lead only to 404 errors.

The official forums are clogged with nothing but spam.

The devs seem to be doing nothing except apologising and feeling sorry for themselves.

Devs, if you're still around, tell me this: Are you ever going to fix the massive crash issues in this game, and are you going to put the patches up for download where they can actually be found?

awmperry
01-06-2011, 08:40 AM
Update:

Patch v1.1 is available here:

Sadly it doesn't fix what it says it fixes :(

New update: 404 error. The patches aren't there any more.

freibooter
01-06-2011, 08:50 AM
The patches are still available here:
http://www.slamitpinball.com
v1.2 is the current patch and just like v1.1 it doesn't really fix much and it it's barely worth the hassle.

Careful: In order to get the patch you have to register at an outdated and possibly insecure forum setup that appears to be utterly unmaintained and has been overrun by SPAM-bots!
So if you register in order to get the mostly useless update, do so at your own risk and don't recycle passwords.

v1.3 was supposed to fix a lot more, it was supposed to be released about one year ago and it was "postponed a bit" in May 2010 ...

Technetium and Slam!It websites have disappeared from the web before and I was almost certain that they simply abandoned everything.
Surprisingly enough they actually did come back ... so I'm not stating the obvious, but I really wouldn't hold my breath for patch v1.3 to ever come out and it's almost certain that the Steam version will remain broken forever.

DarkSlim
05-11-2011, 12:36 AM
It is not possible to download the 1.2 Patch from their website, it is no longer hosted there and if you press that link you get a 404 :\

Can anyone upload that patch maybe? thanks

jimmirock
07-10-2011, 04:50 AM
nevermind (removed)

awmperry
07-11-2011, 09:13 AM
I'm amazed that Steam haven't removed Slamit yet, given all the problems and the utterly absent support. Strikes me as almost fraudulent to sell a game with such massive problems without at least a warning.

MercWithAMouth9
08-12-2011, 09:56 AM
well this is extremely disappointing. the game keeps crashing on start up. after reading through some of this thread and visiting the developers website (which no longer hosts this games patches) i don't expect this issue will ever be resolved. it was only $1.69 but i was in the mood to try a new pinball game. sigh. like others have warned, do not purchase this game, it is no longer supported and from what i've read extremely buggy if you're even lucky enough to get the game to load. i agree with a few others that slamit pinball: big score should be removed from steam so as to avoid further disappointment from future customers.

Muti Messiah
08-12-2011, 10:53 AM
Here is the 1.2 Patch

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0KX8FKUM

Feel free to antivirus scan it if you like its clean.

DarkSlim
08-13-2011, 06:06 AM
Thank you very much! :)

Dampfmaschine
08-14-2011, 05:19 AM
The game even doesn't install at all:mad:.
I try since four days to download the game. The download ALWAYS stops at 98%.

Although I only paid 1.65 € I am very disappointed that steam offers a broken game.

In the future you have to check every forum, if a steam game is even reday for download.

kakkerlak
08-14-2011, 05:26 AM
being stuck at 98% has noting to do with this broken game.
it often is a firewall or security software problem.

Jamyskis
08-14-2011, 08:00 AM
Just wanted to say thanks for the heads up guys. I almost bought this. Even if is under two euros, I think I'll save my money...

Blue Thunder
08-14-2011, 06:49 PM
Here is the 1.2 Patch

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0KX8FKUM

Feel free to antivirus scan it if you like its clean.

Well, now a message pops out saying my video card is not supported. At least that means the patch has done something. (My video card is actually very sh*ty anyway)

Thank you for your effort and time, and I hope that this patch makes the game work for other people.

Still, I'm hoping they release 1.3 some day...

*EDIT:* Ninja edit (Edit was on another post... wrong tab while editing lol)

DarthSidious
03-07-2012, 08:50 PM
The link provided by Muti Messiah, isn't available anymore.
Here's a new one: http://db.tt/kwkAm4V4

CrazyCoder
04-11-2012, 01:36 PM
With 1.2 patch the game works fine for me, 60 fps with vsync on (to avoid tearing), no lags, no bugs, xbox360 wireless controller works perfectly, even vibration is supported. Maybe I'm just lucky.