PDA

View Full Version : 30fps cap

THE Nakedgun
04-18-2009, 02:12 PM
Is it still in place and also does the steam version have latest patch?

dnottis
05-23-2009, 02:30 PM
Yes, still 30 fps cap. Went back and forth with their support the last 2 weeks. They claim there is no cap and they wont give any info about how to get to the console. Bunch of Aholes and liars. Glad I paid $7.48 for it at Target 2 weeks ago.

fran24
02-18-2010, 11:59 AM
rrriiight!
so it's capped...
that's why!
I have a pretty good rig but still when I ran this game today for the first time I thought my pc caught a virus or something.
I was in front of a game that looks ten years old and still it ran awfully...

ok I've been mean, it doesn't look that old, but still it's certainly not cutting edge...

MorbidTorture
12-29-2010, 05:52 AM
rrriiight!
so it's capped...
that's why!
I have a pretty good rig but still when I ran this game today for the first time I thought my pc caught a virus or something.
I was in front of a game that looks ten years old and still it ran awfully...

ok I've been mean, it doesn't look that old, but still it's certainly not cutting edge...

Same here. My system specs are light years ahead of what this game's recommended specs are, yet it still looks awful!

AlHudsonFX
01-03-2011, 11:45 AM
I can't understand why any player want play at more than 30FPS... what do you want to prove?, what do you want to make? a benchmark? exists better benchmark tools, to get tearing, flickering and enable V-Sync?

If you want to run something at 300 FPS try original Unreal 1998 (without V-Sync) you're gonna get super-speed in the game also your video card will be burned.

THE Nakedgun
01-06-2011, 05:32 PM
I can't understand why any player want play at more than 30FPS... what do you want to prove?, what do you want to make? a benchmark? exists better benchmark tools, to get tearing, flickering and enable V-Sync?

If you want to run something at 300 FPS try original Unreal 1998 (without V-Sync) you're gonna get super-speed in the game also your video card will be burned.
It looks crap I can see its not smooth I couldnt stand the demo because of it.

MasterYoshidino
01-15-2011, 12:53 AM
No. It looks very good (not Crysis good but much better than a lot of FPS). You NEED SM 3.0 and a Quad Core for it to look good and feel good. Dual core lags and single core is suicide.

THE Nakedgun
05-22-2011, 01:51 PM
No. It looks very good (not Crysis good but much better than a lot of FPS). You NEED SM 3.0 and a Quad Core for it to look good and feel good. Dual core lags and single core is suicide.

I meant the 30 FPS cap makes it look crap, its very jittery and hurts my eyes.

Endsieg
06-22-2011, 05:06 PM
was just about to buy this, but figured i'd have a look at the forums first - always worth it.

the day i buy an fps game with a 30 fps cap limit is not today.

ThisLegend
06-23-2011, 01:37 AM
I figured for 3.40 I couldn't go too much wrong but this runs like crap, looks like crap, plays like crap, and have Games for Windows Live integrated. This was just such a bad choice. I was tempted to get Bloodstone too but I guess I'll pass on that now.

pmamba45
06-23-2011, 03:54 AM
I figured for 3.40 I couldn't go too much wrong but this runs like crap, looks like crap, plays like crap, and have Games for Windows Live integrated. This was just such a bad choice. I was tempted to get Bloodstone too but I guess I'll pass on that now.

I know for many PC gamers this may contradict it's initial purposes but if you haven't done so, go for the Xbox 360 version as I own the console for issues like this as more pc games (with some exceptions) are near enough consolified onto pc for the better or worse detracting the means to upgrade

Kittehs!
06-23-2011, 05:43 AM

Well, it was made by Treyarch so what did you expect?