PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 Controller Config

FrostbiteX
04-21-2009, 02:49 PM
I found it a tad bit annoying to play Zeno Clash with a mouse and keyboard (Even though the game was built for it.) So I threw in x360controller.cfg (along with the undo one), and modified it a bit until it felt right in zeno clash and why not release it to the fan base so here it is!

Note: It will only work with an Xbox 360 Controller, and all you have to do is load the game and enable controller support in the options menu (under mouse tab)

////////////////////////////////////////////////
//
// Xbox 360 Controller Config
// For Zeno Clash
//

Small mod that enables the use of your xbox 360 controller with zenoclash.

To install extract in /Steam/Steamapps/Common/Zenoclash/zenozoik/

backup resource/zenoclash_english.txt first!

// Controls

A button - Block
B button - Reload
X button - Select Target/Use
Y button - Skull Bomb
Left Shoulder - Sprint
Left Trigger - Power Attack
Right Trigger - Normal Attack
Start - Pause
Analog Up - Screenshot
Analog Left - Quickload
Analog Right - Pause
Download (http://www.mediafire.com/?tzlijjnknov)

Enjoy!

some_guy
04-21-2009, 02:53 PM
Care to comment on the differences between mouse+keyboard and controller play? Does it play smoother on either? Do you find yourself using more guns with either control system? Which do you prefere after playing both for a while?

Just wondering if I should borrow a pad of my mate to try it. Been thinking about getting a controller for a while.

FrostbiteX
04-21-2009, 03:02 PM
I find it easier to play on than mouse and keyboard, although I just started playing so can't really compare it myself.

terraNivium
04-21-2009, 03:13 PM
I generally find FPS much easier with mouse+keyboard control, as it allows more precise aiming. I'm not sure if ZC comes with an aim help/auto aim function when using a controller, as this is used in a lot of controller FPS games, e.g. Shadowrun.

FrostbiteX
04-21-2009, 03:23 PM
I generally find FPS much easier with mouse+keyboard control, as it allows more precise aiming. I'm not sure if ZC comes with an aim help/auto aim function when using a controller, as this is used in a lot of controller FPS games, e.g. Shadowrun.
I find aiming with guns have a bit of auto-aim assistance, but obviously you don't need auto aim to punch when there's a lock on button! :P

terraNivium
04-21-2009, 03:25 PM
Yeah i didn't think the melee system would be affected so much, might give this config a try then.

FrostbiteX
04-21-2009, 03:36 PM
Note, that although auto-aim is turned on it's rather minor, you might not wanna play this with low fps, else you'll be having issues aiming during a certain sequence of the game that involves squirrels :P

Shadowbade
04-21-2009, 03:50 PM
I was told this would fix a problem where the thumb stick assigned to looking wouldn't work. It didn't XD
Any ideas?

FrostbiteX
04-21-2009, 04:41 PM
I was told this would fix a problem where the thumb stick assigned to looking wouldn't work. It didn't XD
Any ideas?
Try renaming your config.cfg to config.cfg.backup

and then re-launch the game (and re-enable gamepad support)

TDBrd
04-22-2009, 01:32 AM
Awesome! Cheers dude.

some_guy
04-22-2009, 04:19 PM
you'll be having issues aiming during a certain sequence of the game that involves squirrels :P

Hahahahaha. I can imagine... :p

FrostbiteX
04-22-2009, 05:31 PM
Question to anyone that used this with a wireless controller, did it work properly?

ruckerz
04-22-2009, 08:53 PM
Question to anyone that used this with a wireless controller, did it work properly?

Yeah keybindings work fine on a wireless xbox 360 controller. Now if we can get some rumbling (perfect for this game) I would be happy:)

TDBrd
04-23-2009, 04:02 AM
Yeah, come on Devs! Give us some proper controller support.
You're games awesome. It would be even more awesome is i could really feel that hammer slamming into elephant head! :)

some_guy
04-23-2009, 08:33 AM
I'm soo intrigued now, i might have to get hold of a PS3 controller from a friend and see it i can get it working! (none of my friends have an xbox so I can't try xbox controller...)

ruckerz
04-23-2009, 07:21 PM
I'm soo intrigued now, i might have to get hold of a PS3 controller from a friend and see it i can get it working! (none of my friends have an xbox so I can't try xbox controller...)

Don't bother. fork out the cash and get the xbox 360 controller, if not for Zeno Clash, how about for all the other Games for Windows games which require compatibility with the xbox 360 controller. It's much better supported (obviously).

Sinistar
04-28-2009, 10:16 PM
Do you have to use an official 360 controller for this? I have a Madkatz 360 controller and I tried plugging it in but the right stick would not work.. :(

relaxeder
04-28-2009, 10:49 PM
Yeah, the Xbox 360 for Windows controller is like the de facto standard gamepad for PC games now. You would think the Madkatz would work since its just a 3rd-party pad that's basically built to the same hardware specifications, but I don't know if any 360 controller will do with PC or if there's a special one branded for Windows -- if in which case there were you probably have to buy an official one.

ruckerz
04-29-2009, 05:08 AM
If you cant get it to map, you might have to muck around with the config file. Or you could skip the cfg file all together and get some mapping software like xpadder to map the controller buttons to keyboard/mouse buttons. This is one reason I got the xbox 360 controller, I didn't want to use/figure out mapping software nor did I want to find out what the button assignments are on the controller.

Nice thing is pretty much all 'Games For Windows' use Xinput which means xbox 360 controller will work automagically.

persechini
04-29-2009, 06:31 AM
Yeah, the Xbox 360 for Windows controller is like the de facto standard gamepad for PC games now. You would think the Madkatz would work since its just a 3rd-party pad that's basically built to the same hardware specifications, but I don't know if any 360 controller will do with PC or if there's a special one branded for Windows -- if in which case there were you probably have to buy an official one.

the windows branded controller is exactly the same as the regular one, they only differ in the packing

It helps as, when I bought the green packed one, I had only read in forums it would work, the red branded hadn't been released in Brasil at the time, and no one in the stores new about using it with a pc, so I basically went in blind

Anyway, I'll try xpadder first, I'm already used to it for playing games without good/any controller support (cough...devil may cry 3...cough)

SquallLion1
05-22-2009, 01:59 PM
thanks, FrostbiteX
your config is awesome

in fact, the missing script is
+jlook
in the config.cfg

PlateWolf
07-30-2009, 05:53 PM
Hate to revive this thing, but any news on rumble support ?

SquallLion1
07-31-2009, 04:39 AM
Hate to revive this thing, but any news on rumble support ?
maybe,in the next game

boateye
08-07-2009, 12:09 AM
Try renaming your config.cfg to config.cfg.backup

and then re-launch the game (and re-enable gamepad support)

i had the same problem and this worked for me! thanks!

noah192
08-23-2009, 11:24 AM
Hi, I was watching some videos of the beta and saw that you could holster your weapon, at least in the beta. I havnt figured out how this is done yet, or if it still can be done in the final game. Figured one of you might know.

Love this mod by the way, pretty awesome.

cbordeu
08-23-2009, 04:29 PM
Hi, I was watching some videos of the beta and saw that you could holster your weapon, at least in the beta. I havnt figured out how this is done yet, or if it still can be done in the final game. Figured one of you might know.

You holster weapons automatically if you lock-on / tag an opponent. (default key 'e')

Love this mod by the way, pretty awesome.

:eek: cough, cough... *game* ... :rolleyes:
;)

noah192
08-23-2009, 04:44 PM
Thanks, but then how do you unholster them?

abordeu
08-24-2009, 07:18 AM
Thanks, but then how do you unholster them?

Press 'e' again to unlock; the player automatically pulls out his weapon. You can also throw your weapon with the block key (default key is SPACE). You have to do it when unlocked.

toejam316
08-28-2009, 03:13 AM
taken from another one of my posts,
http://www.tocaedit.com/IB/index.php...ads&showfile=4 and http://www.tocaedit.com/IB/index.php...oads&showcat=3 are what you're after.

Essentially, they let you emulate the Xbox 360 Controller support using your own USB controller.

Ran4
10-03-2009, 07:46 AM
If you want to use other gamepads, use joy2key: http://www.electracode.com/4/joy2key/JoyToKey%20English%20Version.htm
It's really awesome when you spend some time to set it up all right. Works great with a ps3 controller (thought I don't think that there's any bluetooth support yet, so you'll need the usb cable).

PlateWolf
10-06-2009, 03:32 PM
No rumble support, right ?
You think rumble could be a fact in Ultimate Edition ?

cbordeu
10-06-2009, 07:33 PM
No rumble support, right ?
You think rumble could be a fact in Ultimate Edition ?

We will definitely have rumble in ZC:UE

PlateWolf
10-07-2009, 06:09 AM
Thanks Bordeu.

WaZzUp115
06-27-2010, 05:38 AM
Resurrecting this thread due to it still being relevant.
Going to try the config, thanks :)

WalmartGreetor
06-27-2010, 11:32 AM
Im glad somebody resurected this thread. Because i just got this game will full intentions on playing it with my controller. THANK YOU :D

mesaone
06-27-2010, 02:42 PM
So I threw in x360controller.cfg (along with the undo one)

what do you mean the "undo one"? I notice there's a cfg file labeled undo, do these scripts just activate when you enable/disable controller?

I just got my 360, so I bought zeno clash UE and the controls were really good. Looking forward to playing on my PC with controller and all the PC-related goodies (AA, better visuals, etc)

Rep+ for you, boss!

WaZzUp115
06-28-2010, 03:35 PM
The config works brilliantly, looking forward to rumble support in ultimate edition :P

Jneal28
04-29-2013, 06:01 PM
You are awesome :)