PDA

View Full Version : models

Stephenl
04-26-2009, 10:39 AM
how do you spawn models, like bananas, boxes, fruit, trains, etc. I looked under prefabs but that doesn't have too much stuff.

Coolyou
04-26-2009, 11:16 AM
Select the entity tool, and create a prop_static, for normal models.
There are also prop_physics for movable props and prop_dynamic for animated models and prop_detail for detailed models.

But for what you want, create the prop, open up it's properties, and double click on World Model to select the model you want. And then you're done!

Blueberry_pie
04-26-2009, 12:55 PM
...and prop_detail for detailed models.
That one isn't true. In fact, they're generally much simpler than other models. Prop_details are used for things like grass tufts and can be placed on specified materials automatically by the compile tools.

Coolyou
04-26-2009, 01:03 PM
That one isn't true. In fact, they're generally much simpler than other models. Prop_details are used for things like grass tufts and can be placed on specified materials automatically by the compile tools.
My bad, I typed that quickly. You're correct.

Stephenl
04-26-2009, 02:47 PM
thanks guys, how do you read when an object is in a certain area. for example if I throw a box in a certain area it'll open a door.( i know about doors i just want to know how to make the game know when a certain thing is in a certain area.)

GreyMario
04-26-2009, 03:32 PM
Use a trigger brush entity to check for objects with a specific name, then name the intended objects with that name.