PDA

View Full Version : buying back old games

Enriss
04-28-2009, 09:59 PM
Well, I have a whole bunch of old games I have in my uninstalled list. Played them, beat them, and simply don't really enjoy them much anymore when I reinstall them. But there are other games in the steam store I've had my eyes on.

I was wondering if it would be possible for me to "sell" my old games back to steam. Not for the amount I bought it, it's used after all. But for a small percentage of store credit so I could trade in my whole list (about 6 or 7 games) for maybe 1 or 2 new games.

Don't say just buy the new game. Can't afford it.

One thing I did think of that could lead to abuse. Someone hacking the account and selling the games the person has. The answer to that is to simply make it email verified to sell one or some other junk like a secret password. Or even have a wait time for it to be processed.

Ultima V|RUZ
04-28-2009, 10:03 PM
No, I am certain they wouldn't allow that.

ester25
04-29-2009, 02:13 AM
That doesn't seem like a good business strategy

Vonje
04-29-2009, 09:01 AM
Not even retailers do this, unless it's a second hand shop.

murdoc2k
04-29-2009, 12:23 PM
This is only good for retailers. If valve creates a section of "used" games, then they won't make any profit with their "unused" game sections. There's also no reason for them to lower the price of a game for you buy simply disabling it from your system.

Gammit10
11-01-2009, 06:01 AM
Revisiting this - Valve doesn't have to have a "used" games section. Perhaps they can just allow us to sell games back (revoke our rights to download it) for STEAM credit. I know I have games that I won't play again and yet I can't trade them on Goozex because they were purchased through STEAM. It would be nice.

Doesn't Impulse do this?

ploppo
11-01-2009, 12:27 PM
Makes me wonder if you can get a refund on any games that you cannot patch via Steam, whereby a patch, or successive patch, is available for the retail equivalent.

I know I have gone on about this issue in another thread; however, I'm intrigued if anyone has actually pulled it off. I think it is potentially possible to do so.

reeseras
11-01-2009, 02:11 PM
it would be cool but i can guarantee it will never happen

Masks941
11-01-2009, 05:07 PM
Maybe enable trading of games between accounts? Or possibly in exchange for trading in a game for store credit, Steam can use your computer for a certain amount of P2P transfer?