PDA

View Full Version : Anyone tried it yet?

nathar606
05-08-2009, 06:51 AM
I recently gifted someone the 'Last Day of Work' pack, and their favourite games were the virtual villagers games. Im guessing this is the same type of game/gameplay but has anyone played a copy? If so, what was it like?

Kailieann
05-08-2009, 09:44 AM
demo (http://store.steampowered.com/app/16210/).

It's a similar idea to Virtual Villagers.

redwicked
05-08-2009, 09:48 AM
have just bought it today. it's the same kind of thing. game play is quite easy too although the shower is broken and i keep putting them next to it but they won't fix it! any help please??

{Yotsuba}
05-08-2009, 10:55 AM
It looks interesting much as the VV games, but I hear there are a lot of complaints in regards to the general speed of the game (being slower than VV and lacking the ability to speed up time) and with tasks being repetitive or just simply not being carried out (ie, the people being too stupid to do something once you put them next to it).

I haven't made up my mind yet as to whether to buy or not.

redwicked
05-08-2009, 12:02 PM
i have been playing it and as long as you praise the little people for doing the 'good' things then they will automatically carry on with it! i agree with the speed thing.

nathar606
05-13-2009, 03:24 AM
lots of views with a few replies so i guess im not the only one who is curious. Thanks for the feedback though - much appreciated.

Nor
05-15-2009, 06:42 PM
yeah i was curious too :P, thought im not into simulation games :x

Quake Master
05-23-2009, 06:18 PM
Is it like The Sims?

IntelliMoo
07-02-2009, 06:04 PM
the shower is broken and i keep putting them next to it but they won't fix it! any help please??

Look for a particular tool in the laundry room to drop a person on. :)

-------------------------
This game is like a super-budget slo-mo Sims in terms of gameplay. You fix things, collect things, stock food, tend to sickness, reward/scold, and add stuff to (and upgrade if ever get enough cash!) the house. You do earn trophies by doing some things a number of times and by reaching certain milestones. Some things in the game are quite funny. Overall it's a cute laid back game, that can get boring very fast, but otherwise fun if really like sims in general. One strange thing is it seems to jump ahead MANY years between game runs, and it let me make the 60 year old couple try to make a baby. LOL

Filtertip
07-11-2009, 03:42 PM
my sis loves this game but can't figure out how 2 extinguish oven and dryer fires. ne1 know how please?

IntelliMoo
07-11-2009, 04:45 PM
I haven't run into those yet but my guess would be drop someone on something related to water.

Filtertip
07-11-2009, 05:14 PM
Allready tryed that it din't work im told :\

writer2036
01-26-2010, 03:25 PM
Been playing it for 2 days now it's a quirky little game but it works. Seems a bit similar in graphics to sims 1 but leans more to the cartoon style graphics than realism. Also the gameplay is similar to The sims 3 in that you have to get you character repair things and micro manage them a fair bit. The real time feature is weird. I don't really get how fast time passes in the game.The characters seem to age 3 years overnight.

Mr. Fabulous
04-02-2010, 04:43 AM
One thread, this game has one little thread!

*Chuckles*