PDA

View Full Version : Bobsled Bonanza is too hard.

Tame
05-12-2009, 11:39 PM
I've read the other threads, I see the spike plants, etc. I'm not daft, the level is just tuned really really REALLY hard. Is there any tutorials? A video so I can follow exactly what the person did? It's the last minigame I need.

I know to pop the tires, nuke the ice with the jalapenos and stuff but the problem is I can't do it fast enough even with two rows of sunflowers.

Kailieann
05-13-2009, 12:03 AM
Even with all the 'nuke' items, you can't really keep up towards the end. You need to have something in the pool doing damage, as well.

Once you've got them set up, a dozen Sunflowers (with as many twins as possible) and a pool full of Starfruit or Cattails will do most of the work, letting you save your Spikeweed, Jalapenos, and Squash for emergencies. If you have it, maybe throw the Imitater on one of them, too, just in case.

Tthorlord
05-13-2009, 02:37 AM
i filled the entire map with starfruit, it works, give it a shot. use mines/expendables at the beginning when you cant take out the vech's, and just make as many starfruit as possible on the pond.

Not the Face!
05-13-2009, 03:05 AM
Imitator helped a lot as I doubled Jalepano. Let me get rid of, and keep away the ice. Also spikes and their upgrade really helped lynch it.

My main attack plant was Cattails as well.

TheHolyChicken
05-13-2009, 07:56 AM
I don't remember having lots of problems with this... got it on perhaps the 2nd try after I knew what to expect. I would say the key would be to use the jalepeno and then plant an IMPROVED spike plant at the very end of the garden to make that lane "safe". Repeat x4 and you're sorted! Once you have all 4 lanes free of ice, and an improved spike at the end of each lane you've basically won.

Melchiz
05-13-2009, 01:41 PM
I beat this with pretty much only Starfruit in the pool and sunflowers on land.

Whiteblade999
05-13-2009, 01:55 PM
Keep two rows of metal spikes on land with a tallnut on the end. This will kill the blobsled team and pop the tires. For the water keep a couple cattails protected by tallnuts.

aznguyen316
05-13-2009, 02:23 PM
good strats guys, will have to buy the upgraded spikes and will prob use the star plant to do my killings

Brilli
05-13-2009, 02:51 PM
Constantly plant potato mines right in front of each ice path. It's way cheaper than spikeweeds against zombonis, and completely destroys bobsleds along with the crew. Squash will also devastate zombonis for half the price of a spikeweed. Between the two, you can minimize expensive spikeweed and jalepeno use, and save up enough sun to gain a lasting foothold with melons/starfruit /spikerocks/whatever.

If a crew escapes, plant a wall-nut to bunch them up and wipe them with squash, jalepeno, or melons.

I also put most of my sunflowers in the pool; it leaves more space on land for other plants, and the pool zombies are easily handled.

TheHolyChicken
05-14-2009, 12:34 PM
[spike plants are bad]

The IMPROVED version of the spikeweed is not destroyed by vehicles (well, not quickly anyway), so you gain a near-permanent defense from the zombonis. Jalepenos aren't expensive when you only have to buy 4 of them for the entire game^

SlightlyEvil
05-14-2009, 10:05 PM
I finally beat this minigame a few minutes ago with spikerocks and cattails. The spikerocks were 2 rows in the front after jalapeno-ing the ice tracks, and one from before the bomb/to mop up any survivors. As long as two out of the three spikeweeds in the lane is upgraded, you'll be fine. Imitated sunflowers helped a lot, since I had time to make 8 of them that way. I rounded out the set with cattails on lilypads, those are some of the most useful plants in the game.

stoneysilence
05-14-2009, 11:40 PM
I don't remember having any problems with this level. I know for sure I didn't use Cattails nor the upgraded spikes since I just bought both of those tonight and I beat that a few days ago. I think I used a 2 rows of Watermelons and one row of Pea Shooters with the chaingun upgrade.

media guy
05-15-2009, 09:44 AM
I did this without any upgrades but did take a long time to work it out.

My hints

1) Don't even both trying to melt the ice. Just put spikes at the end of the existing dry land
2) Only have sunflowers on the first row of dry land but extend them three rows in on water
3) Put stars (as I'm presuming you don't have cattails as far up as possible with nuts at the end. You should have at least three columns
4) Don't worry about the undead that appear in the middle of the water, the stars kill them too quickly if you have enough

Lunera68
05-15-2009, 02:25 PM
All you really need are sunflowers, cattails and tall nuts

maybe cherry bomb, early while you dont have lots of cattail

Vangkao
05-17-2009, 09:12 AM
I've learned one thing while doing Bobsled Bonanza over and over. The lanes first attacked seem to be completely random. I've have a slew of bobsled zombies lead the attack at me in some games and I've had zombonis start off the round too.

The potato mine is a must, and I would do one after the first two sunflowers and then one after every sunflower after that (they're cheap enough). They'll blow up bobsleds and zombonis alike and are about the only way to hold the line while your Jalapeno's regenerate. I've tried using the pear and it doesn't seem to be as helpful for its cost.

Try not to forget the pool. At least make sure to lay down lilly pads whenever you have the sun to spare. Nothing kills the game faster than having an attack come up the center and you're left scrabbling to get your pads in place before you can even put up attack plants.

Other than that, just keep plugging away at it. You might lose using one strategy that would work another time.

SawaFish
05-18-2009, 06:29 AM
You can use the pepper to get rid of the ice, if you then place upgraded spikeweeds on the start those icemachines don't have a chance.

This setup worked for me though: http://sawafish.sa.funpic.org/(trash)/bobsledbonanza.jpg
start with sun, place mines/spikeweed till you can place your first cattail, than gradually expand. As you can see I've had two lanes brake down at the beginning but it gave me the time to expand the other lanes, once set up they had no chance and I had way too much sun (4000 sun at the end...)

(those spiderrocks last the whole game, so upgrade when you can! it's cheaper than placing a weedrock for every icemachine...)

dKiWi
05-18-2009, 06:35 AM
Use garlic ^^

mathesar
05-18-2009, 06:58 AM
Upgraded spikes and standard walnuts are what finally did the trick for me, I just placed the spikes at the ends of the ice trails and a walnut right next to those, also the potato mine was very useful during the early parts while I was building up sun & planting sunflowers.

I didn't use any cattails I had cabbage-pults in the pool and snow peas on land. plus cherry bombs just in case (ended up using it couple times).

I actually had to replace one of my upgraded spikes towards the very end.

The only mini-game I have left to complete is ZomBotany 2 but I think the plant imitator & walnuts will come in handy there (hopefully).

mrkwang
05-18-2009, 09:03 AM
1 of my friend cleared with this format.

http://pds13.egloos.com/pds/200905/18/70/f0012970_4a11769c2ff62.jpg

Picture link w/ jpg, after cleared.

JoeHooker127
05-18-2009, 11:45 AM
I don't remember having any problems with this level. I know for sure I didn't use Cattails nor the upgraded spikes since I just bought both of those tonight and I beat that a few days ago. I think I used a 2 rows of Watermelons and one row of Pea Shooters with the chaingun upgrade.

i did this too (brute force), repeaters/threepeaters/gattling gun with regular nuts and (i forgot the name) firewood.

I protected with potato mines until i could set up, once set up the zombies never even touched my wall.

Zubject
05-19-2009, 05:08 PM
Another basic setup, only extra is upgraded spikeweed and twinflower.
www.silan.dk/bonzai.JPG (http://silan.dk/bonzai.JPG)
I had 4 sunflowers in each corner, upgraded them to twin asap and placed 4 of them with threepeaters when i came in sun overload. When you got everything in place, you have to replenish the upgraded spikeweed, but they last a long time. Cherrybombs for early ♥♥♥♥ups, dont remember really using them thou.

randomman289
05-19-2009, 05:27 PM
I just put up repeaters, upgraded them to gatling guns, behind torchwood, tallnuts, and spikeweed. Flaming gatling gun takes down zombonis before they leave the ice.

GhostMjr
05-20-2009, 06:28 AM
1 of my friend cleared with this format.

http://pds13.egloos.com/pds/200905/18/70/f0012970_4a11769c2ff62.jpg

Picture link w/ jpg, after cleared.

This one works just finished using it awesome tip.

Keep replenishing your spikes and you will do it easily :D

chickenbrutus
05-20-2009, 09:50 AM
Column of sunflowers (upgraded if possible) all the way at the back. Everything else on land is spikes. Get some lillypads with repeaters and sunflowers, and replace your spikes whenever the zamboni blows them up.

Easy! No offensive items needed on land at all, just three spikes in a row will kill any zombie you encounter in this level.

Xanadu84
05-21-2009, 06:30 PM
Spikerocks (Upgraded spikeweed) annihilates Vehicles, and don't go away. Fill the ends and your golden against vehicles(You will occasionally need to replace it. You can gauge this by the 3 larger spikes on the spike rock slowly dissapearing as it depletes). Imitated Spikerocks might be a big help, I didn't have Imitator when I beat it. Jalapeno and Cherry Bombs are great anti-Zombonis when your spikes are recharging, as well as a panic button. Squash also helps. A lot of times, I waited until I could plant a weed followed immediately by a rock so I didn't lose the weed, and used an expendable on the Zombonis.

Dual Sunflowers are nice in the long run, giving you a ton of sun with more freed up space. But if your pressured, it might be too expensive in the short run.

Potato mines are, as expected, essential. Hugely important for early defense as you build up a sizable sunflower base. You want a good sun production, 2 rows as fast as possible.

2 Garlic in a row in the pool half's the defense you need in the pool, especially if something like watermelons for AoE. Also frees up good center space in the pool if you use starfruit (I'm not a fan of Starfruit), or space to fill up with Cattails (Not a fan of Cattails either, but if it utilizes space that's currently free, why not?). I didn't try it, but Garlic on ground could be useful, but dangerous against Vehicles. Might work behind a Spikerock.

Fill in the rest of your spaces with your standard defense for any other wave. Tallnuts, spikes in front of them once your finished with the far right, whatever other setup floats your boat. When I did it, I didn't even notice that it was hard, just that it was long. Hope you can pick out strategies from this that fill in the gap in yours.

yogibbear
05-23-2009, 01:33 PM
Spikerocks (Upgraded spikeweed) annihilates Vehicles, and don't go away. Fill the ends and your golden against vehicles(You will occasionally need to replace it. You can gauge this by the 3 larger spikes on the spike rock slowly dissapearing as it depletes). Imitated Spikerocks might be a big help, I didn't have Imitator when I beat it. Jalapeno and Cherry Bombs are great anti-Zombonis when your spikes are recharging, as well as a panic button. Squash also helps. A lot of times, I waited until I could plant a weed followed immediately by a rock so I didn't lose the weed, and used an expendable on the Zombonis.

Dual Sunflowers are nice in the long run, giving you a ton of sun with more freed up space. But if your pressured, it might be too expensive in the short run.

Potato mines are, as expected, essential. Hugely important for early defense as you build up a sizable sunflower base. You want a good sun production, 2 rows as fast as possible.

2 Garlic in a row in the pool half's the defense you need in the pool, especially if something like watermelons for AoE. Also frees up good center space in the pool if you use starfruit (I'm not a fan of Starfruit), or space to fill up with Cattails (Not a fan of Cattails either, but if it utilizes space that's currently free, why not?). I didn't try it, but Garlic on ground could be useful, but dangerous against Vehicles. Might work behind a Spikerock.

Fill in the rest of your spaces with your standard defense for any other wave. Tallnuts, spikes in front of them once your finished with the far right, whatever other setup floats your boat. When I did it, I didn't even notice that it was hard, just that it was long. Hope you can pick out strategies from this that fill in the gap in yours.

pfdfftt. cattails and starfruit and spikerocks with normal sunflowers is ALL you need to pass this level.

Toridas
05-26-2009, 02:31 AM
One thing wrong with bobsled bonanza is that it requires luck to get a good start. I've had games where the first wave of zombies was 3 bobsled teams at the same time, so early that it was only possible to stop one of them.

syn_tax
05-26-2009, 08:43 AM
sunflowers
cattails
cherry bombs
peppers
and spikes.

all i used on the whole map.

Orochi Avlis
05-27-2009, 12:56 PM
I used some tips here and beat it effortlessly.
All I used were the Stars, sunflowers, cattails, wall-nut and spikerocks.

rfm767
05-27-2009, 04:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3MwVDhpBFk

best video to beat bobsled bonanza

kitsune_rei
05-27-2009, 08:21 PM
It is a difficult level, since you need a fairly specific strategy to get past it. You can't get by on something that isn't pretty solid. Once you get it, its not too bad. I'm generally willing to sacrifice a lawnmower or two while I'm getting set up. I did find stars up the pool to be most effective for me. You just have to hold out with exploding stuff until they're set up.

durkley
07-06-2009, 10:52 AM
Another basic setup, only extra is upgraded spikeweed and twinflower.
www.silan.dk/bonzai.JPG (http://silan.dk/bonzai.JPG)
I had 4 sunflowers in each corner, upgraded them to twin asap and placed 4 of them with threepeaters when i came in sun overload. When you got everything in place, you have to replenish the upgraded spikeweed, but they last a long time. Cherrybombs for early ♥♥♥♥ups, dont remember really using them thou.

I'm calling BS on you, Zubject. How is that you have lawnmowers at the end of your pool?

A lot of these screens are a bit suspect. How do you end up with 2000+ sun at the end of that level? I don't know why people would lie about a game like this.

GhostMjr
07-06-2009, 10:56 AM
The screens he gave worked perfectly for me iu have around 3000 sun left at the end :D

Ardbug
07-06-2009, 11:57 AM
I found this level to be extremely easy once I cracked it.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h27/Poised_photos/Bonanza.jpg

The trick is to use area damage, the metal spikes and the fume shrooms together melt everything before they hit the tall nut, and the 2 fume shrooms in the water will melt all the aquatic undead, once all the spikes and tall nuts are up you only need to maintain the metal spikes, just keep replacing them when they are down to 1 spike.
I brought the wall nut because tall nuts are too expensive at start.

A Guy
07-06-2009, 04:36 PM
I'm calling BS on you, Zubject. How is that you have lawnmowers at the end of your pool?

A lot of these screens are a bit suspect. How do you end up with 2000+ sun at the end of that level? I don't know why people would lie about a game like this.

Why do you create a new account just to yell at this other guy, and BTW you have lawn mowers there before you buy the upgrade.

Unfettered One
07-06-2009, 10:47 PM
I've read the other threads, I see the spike plants, etc. I'm not daft, the level is just tuned really really REALLY hard. Is there any tutorials? A video so I can follow exactly what the person did? It's the last minigame I need.

I know to pop the tires, nuke the ice with the jalapenos and stuff but the problem is I can't do it fast enough even with two rows of sunflowers.

i foudn it super easy. Once I found out about the jalapenos killing the ice, it became a cake walk fast. I used repeaters+the gatling upgrade and torchwoods, worked like a charm.

CaptainSoda
07-10-2009, 12:15 PM
I just imitated Jalapeno, having 2 of them it was pretty much gg. I kept All zombies on the first square they walk on and they would be dead after. I don't remember the exact setup, I believe I had 2 gattling guns on top + bottom rows with Torchwood, then in the middle Threepeaters.

df0
12-17-2009, 07:53 AM
Using the stars really made this a lot easier than it would otherwise have been.

While getting your sunflowers set up, put potato mines at the end of the lanes where possible. They are for the bobsled teams - when the sled hits a primed mine, they are ALL killed. However, see the note later on. When you see a zomboni coming, put spikes at the end of that lane. If you get caught out by an undefended lane with a bobsled coming, put a wallnut there and once all 4 zombies are chomping on the nut, put a squash behind it.

In the meantime, you're going to be building up your stars. One row of sunflowers on the left, then one row of mixed sunflowers/stars, then start putting lilypads with stars on all the way down the pool. Don't worry about the ducky zombies, the stars will kill them too.

Continue defending the lanes where necessary with, ni order of preference, potato mines, spikes, jalapenos, squash/wallnuts. You'll soon find you have enough stars to take out things before they get close, at which point you can start pushing up - remove your mine/spike, drop a jalapeno, drop a spike at the end, then start filling with stars. Repeat row by row. You'll have enough stars to kill anything before it gets close, so you don't even have to defend lanes.

At this point have fun, good luck trying to find your mouse pointer to pick up all the sun and money!

Quatrix
12-19-2009, 09:10 PM
This mini-game wasn't that hard. Three consecutive spikeweeds are enough to take out the bobsled guys. As soon as a spikeweed pops the zomboni's tires, plant another one in the same spot. All I had in the water were a few tangleweeds. I never did anything to the ice. People are making it WAY too complicated.

KaL976
12-23-2009, 08:00 PM
I thought it was easily the hardest of the mini-games & it's one I've never felt like revisiting having beaten it.
Upgraded spikes & doubling up on the jalapeno worked for me after at least 10 tries.
The rest was just luck.

vlastovka
10-16-2010, 03:35 PM
You can use the pepper to get rid of the ice, if you then place upgraded spikeweeds on the start those icemachines don't have a chance.

This setup worked for me though: http://sawafish.sa.funpic.org/(trash)/bobsledbonanza.jpg
start with sun, place mines/spikeweed till you can place your first cattail, than gradually expand.

Thank you, with your help I finally made it too. :) Although cattails did not work for me, I could not afford to buy any. I had to use starfruit.

Mr_Twister_242
10-29-2010, 08:43 AM
Bobsled Bonanza is definitely one of the harder mini-games. Spikerocks at the end of each row are perfect to beat this game, but unfortunately these require a lot of sun and slowy recharge, and you are confronted with multiple zombonis early in the game. So the trick is to use whatever it takes to survive the early stages, while building up a long-term defense with spikerocks.

Forget about slowing zombonis, it just doesn't work, and they can take quite a lot of damage from peashooters and the like. Your best weapons against zombonis are consumables like squash, jalapeno & cherry bomb. Star fruits & cattails don't do so much damage, but their ability to attack other lanes can be useful, and the water lanes are indeed pretty easy to defend anyway. To take down the bobsled teams, you can use potato mines or a wallnut with squash behind.

But in the meantime, try to build up those spikerocks, once you've got one at the end of every land row, you've practically beaten this game.

W-
11-05-2010, 04:32 AM
Is it considered cheap to use chompers? I just ate everything that came down the ice path, and replaced chompers to reset them as needed to reset them.

Then after a while I had enough sun to set up 1.5 rows of gatling peas and they seemed to take care of the rest.

forget spikes cattails or explosive plants, just ate everything, but i guess potato mines would be useful in the beginning if you can't afford to replace a chomper.

club
11-09-2010, 09:57 AM
Here's my simple solution, works 99% of the time for me:

http://neoteric.us/images/bobsled.jpg

- In the beginning plant 4 sunflowers (in only columns 1 and/or 3).
- Stop after 4 and save 150 sun (150 is the cost of a Fume-shroom + coffee bean)
- Plant Fume-shroom/coffee in front of oncoming bobsleds (in column 2). Use sunflowers in column 3 as fodder to slow down bobsled zombies. Replace eaten Sunflowers when you can
- Save up 150 again to repeat in other lanes where bobsleds appear
- If you save up 200 sun, plant a Sunflower (still leaving 150 in case a bobsled appears)
- Use Squash to deal with Zombonies (or Spikeweed if Squash is still recharging)
- Plant Spikeweeds in column 4
- Plant Spikerocks on Spikeweeds as fast as they recharge
- Plant pumpkined-Fume-Shrooms in column 5 for the 2 pool lanes

You're done. The only think you have to do now is replant Spikerocks as they break down. Alternately, if you replace all the Sunflowers in the picture with Repeaters, they will destroy 99% of the Zombonies before reaching your Spikerocks (eliminating the need to replace them).

Usually I complete this setup shortly after the 2nd flag, so then there's nothing to do but sit back and watch for several minutes.

You can also use all the unused pool space for Sunflowers if desired. This only time this setup doesnt work is when the game sends out 4 bobsleds in a row at the very beginning, but that's rare.

Heavy Weapons
11-09-2010, 03:03 PM
I saw this topic while surfing for PvZ forums, and just had to respond. Maybe there's a difference in playing online or on your home PC, but offline, I've seldom had problems with this mini-game. Like many above, I've had best results using spikerocks on land and stars in the pool. But I have tried a variety of strategies.

(I'm going to call the horizontal arrangement of boxes "lanes" and the vertical, "rows", just so no one is boggled by my terminology. There are 6 lanes numbered top to bottom, each 9 rows wide, numbered left to right. "Antimisslies" = single-use defensive plants. "Getting swept" = zombies break through and eat my brains.)

The first time I played I tried just using sunflowers, peashooters and repeaters, and got swept every time. Since then I've come to recognize that this is a two-phase game. Phase 1 = defensive strategy. Phase 2 = Ludicrous Overkill.

BB's difficulty lies in having a far more compressed area to plant in. I've tried using jalepenos to clear off the lawn, and because jalepenos take forever to recharge, this usually results in getting swept. I've also tried potato mines, with the same result since they not only have a long recharge, but also a long arming interval. I've come to prefer using plants that recharge quickly.

Pumpkins don't recharge quickly, but I prefer them to wall-/tall-nuts to block lanes, since they don't waste a square. Something else can be planted inside them.

Sunflowers -- To start, row 1 lanes 1&2, 5&6, then pool lanes 3&4. (Do the pool lanes last because it takes longer since you need to put out lily pads first. Time is of the essence, and you've got to get a fair amount of sun built up quickly.) When all lanes are fully protected, maybe put out more sunflowers in other places if you really feel you need to by then.

Row 2 -- leave blank for future development.

Row 3 -- Pumpkins

Row 4 -- Spikeweeds

Row 5 (pool) -- Pumpkins

Use antimissiles of choice to protect row 4 until spikeweeds are down across whole row. Upgrade to spikerocks whenever they're done with their long, slow recharge. In the meantime, spikeweeds will eat the zombies faster than they eat the pumpkins. Zombonies will eat the spikeweeds, but they recharge quickly, so no worries.

If a pumpkin is close to gone, and it's too soon to drop another on it to heal it, drop a squash inside it. By that time the zombies are all standing more or less on one spot. Or you could plant potato mines in the pumpkins, and the zombies' dinner is followed by a spectacular dessert.

Once row 4 is all spikerocks and row 3 is all fresh pumpkins, Phase 1 is over. Phase 2 begins, and its time to play. The object to this point was to keep the zombies from passing row 4. Now the object is to keep them from reaching row 5. The possibilities are many and varied. Fill the pool with stars in pumpkins works very well. Or a row of threepeaters in 2 and torchwoods in the pumpkins. Or a double row of wintermelons. Stars in the pumpkins and Gatlin peas behind them.

Gloom shrooms in the pool are great against everything in lanes 2-5, but the outer lanes are unaffected. Fume shrooms only cover 5 squares, and they take a while to work. Peas or pults are better there.

Cattails, like stars, are unimpressive one by one, but in groups they can be devastating. But they're both expensive and slow to recharge.

I suppose the most obscene overkill method would involve removing all the pumpkins once the spikerocks are all out, and replacing them with 2 rows of cornpults, and upgrading those to cob cannons. I've never been able to get all 6 cob cannons out before the end of the final wave, though. 700 sun per emplacement is kind of difficult to support with only 6 sunflowers.

mach0
11-10-2010, 11:58 PM
perhaps i have been playing pvz for too long, but this level isn't even a challenge for me anymore.

you don't have to have an excellent strategy. The essentials are - potato bomb, squish, jalapeno and spikerock (it's preferable to have the spikerock upgrade and repeaters) (because they save up space)

now, just put sunflowers. when the first zomboni comes, plant the potato bomb at the end of the ice and continue on planting sunflowers. When the second & third zomboni come - use the potato bomb & squish (the potato bomb probably won't recharge for the third one)

by now you should have 2 lanes full of sunflowers that should give you ~200 sun for each coming zombie. If the bobsled team comes - use the jalapeno, if the zomboni - squish or potato bomb. After you clear the lane with jalapeno, put the spikerock there (in the end of the lane). Start slowly planting repeaters in each lane (pool too) because you won't be able to use jalapenos on all bobsled teams.

The goal is to clear all 4 lanes otherwise there will be a lot of bobsled team zombies. Once you clear them with jalapenos and plant spikerocks in the end, the level is basically completed as there is nothing that can endanger you, because there are no more boblsed team zombies. Spikerocks recharge uberfast, so the zombonis can't make another lane of ice.

Actually this level was uber hard for me before I discovered the jalapeno clears the ice off. If you know that - this level is a piece of cake, if not - it's hard.

Heavy Weapons
11-15-2010, 07:28 PM
So, basically, numerous posters here differ with each other over strategy, but agree that Bobsled Bonanza is NOT too hard. It just requires a little advance planning, and the ability to adapt quickly to unforseen circumstances.

The other day I was playing with a strategy that was all passive defense, and who shows up on the ice lanes but the Yeti Zombie. He walks down lane 6 to row 6, turns around, and walks back out again. I missed the chance at picking up 4 diamonds ($4000 equivalent) because I had taken no plants at all that could attack at range.

Other than that, the build worked well.