PDA

View Full Version : How to make a platform disappear?

fuolox
05-18-2009, 08:31 PM
Hi there.

I'm in the process of making a strafe pad jumping map for practicing bunnyhopping with the hunter in L4D.

There's already a hunter training map available for L4D with the exact same feature I'm trying to replicate.

When you have stood on a platform (a brush) for longer than about a second, the platform disappears and you fall down. (into a teleport brush I placed to teleport you back to the beginning of the map)

The question: How do I make a brush disappear when you have stood on it for longer than about a second?

Punishment
05-18-2009, 10:09 PM
Create a new brush. Tie it to a func_brush entity (CTRL + T, and select func_brush from the dropdown list), and make sure to give it a unique name. Next, create a brush with the trigger texture around your func_brush, and tie it to a trigger_multiple entity. Click on the output tab and enter this output:

My Output Named: OnStartTouch
Target Entities Named: <insert name of func_brush here>
Via This Input: disable
After a delay in seconds of: 1

Create a second output (or copy and paste the first one), and use this:

My Output Named: OnStartTouch
Target Entities Named: <insert name of func_brush here>
Via This Input: enable
After a delay in seconds of: 5

This should create a platform that disappears after one second when the trigger is activated, and then reappears five seconds later.

fuolox
05-19-2009, 12:54 PM
Cheers! +rep

EDIT: Small problem: if I try standing on the platform, I fall straight through it. It disappears/reappears like I want it to, but it's not letting me stand on it.

EDIT2: I fixed it myself by setting the 'Solidity' of the func_brush to 'Toggle'. Now it works fine!