PDA

View Full Version : "Your STEAM ticket has expired" when trying to install games, even after relogging in

m4rkg
05-23-2009, 04:04 AM
So I keep getting this stupid error when trying to install pretty much anything, what's going on, why is it doing this.

AciD
05-23-2009, 04:31 AM
Are you sure that you are the only person using your account?
Try changing your password.

WOlfenprey76
05-23-2009, 09:29 AM
Same problem here, i try to install Necrovision Demo, but i get the Your STEAM ticket has expired error. Im sure that im the only person that use my account, i can play online Killing Floor, but if i try to install a demo i get the error. Is for the servers at free TF2 weekend?? Any idea? Thanks.

Vindik8or
05-23-2009, 10:02 AM
Yep, same here I'm trying to install Peggle complete. It seems to be due to the free weekend and the patch. It also seems to me that Valve should be devoting the resources to paying customers and not freeloaders, especially since their servers weren't too busy to process my credit card payment.

MrHarv
05-23-2009, 10:48 AM
This is a completely unacceptable level of service from Steam and Valve. Is there any information available about when Steam will be working properly, or any official word on this issue from a member of the Steam/Valve team? I don't appreciate buying something and not being able to use it.

I am willing to tolerate a break in service, but I'm not willing to tolerate not being given any information.

Tripeiro2006
05-23-2009, 11:24 AM
I have the same problem, except it happens to me when I'm trying to reinstall TF2 (I bought the Orange Box). In fact, some of the times it says my Steam ticket has expired!
The way this is shaping, I won't be stabbing anyone in hte back for a long time.... :S

Bellsab
05-23-2009, 11:30 AM
I'm having this same problem, its pretty frustrating as the only reason why i bought this new game on steam is because i did not want to have to wait to go to the store. I know i can get it cheeper elsewhere but wanted it now, instead of waiting.

Is it possible to get refunds for games you buy, if you dont install?

MrHarv
05-23-2009, 12:04 PM
I've found a fix guys:

Uninstall Steam. Unfortunately this does delete everything else, but once you reinstall Steam it does allow you to connect and redownload everything!

Tonical
05-23-2009, 12:17 PM
Yea, i have the same problem, just wait until the weekend is over or until vavle does something about it.

golfisfun
05-23-2009, 12:45 PM
getting the same error. Is it going to be fixed?

WOlfenprey76
05-23-2009, 02:18 PM
See: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=873128

A solution that WORKS. I renamed ClientRegistry.blob to ClientRegistryOLD.blob on the STEAM folder (C:\Program Files\Steam\clientregistery.blob), and started STEAM, then automatically updates, and now is running and downloading my new games perfect.

DeltaSquadron
05-23-2009, 02:31 PM
Also having the same problem, tried doing the ClientRegistry.blob fix, and it came up with the updater and that the server was too busy. Waited several hours, and re-installed when it still wasn't working. Now I'm stuck with an uninstalled steam, and no way to update it.

Can we get some info on when this will be fixed?

*edit*

Actual error was "Cannot contact the Steam network, please try again later".

abig0r
05-23-2009, 02:31 PM
WOlfenprey76's solution worked, did it just a second ago. Exit steam. Go into your steam dir and find "ClientRegistry.blob". Rename it, delete it or do whatever you want with it. Then open steam, it automatically updates and then its perfect.
Don't have to reinstall steam or anything.
Just bought L4D and Garry's Mod so I got pretty pissed when I couldn't play it :p

zenro45
05-23-2009, 02:55 PM
try also deleting Steam.dll and SteamUI.dll

and start it.

if it dont work delete the registy file

Wargol569
05-23-2009, 03:55 PM
Wolfenpreys solution works perfectly right now. I just changed it and im finally being able to install left4dead and Team Fortress 2 which I had originally bought this morning in hopes to still play it.

Vindik8or
05-23-2009, 05:04 PM
Deleting the ClientRegistry.blob doesn't work for me, now the Steam updater can't connect to the servers to update.

Wargol569
05-23-2009, 05:18 PM
Deleting the ClientRegistry.blob doesn't work for me, now the Steam updater can't connect to the servers to update.

Well try undo-ing it or whatever you need to... or just reinstall it (the entire client) and rename it (the file).

DeltaSquadron
05-23-2009, 09:06 PM
Well try undo-ing it or whatever you need to... or just reinstall it (the entire client) and rename it (the file).

Uninstalling the whole client is what I did, but you get a base level un-updated client, so you are still left with the problem of "cannot connect" to the update servers. Just go into your recycle bin and just undelete the file. it'll let you log back in so you're atleast not *worse* off.

SliVe
05-24-2009, 04:09 AM
Deleting the ClientRegistry.blob doesn't work for me, now the Steam updater can't connect to the servers to update.Damn, I'm trying to install Plants vs. Zombies demo and I get this "Your STEAM ticket has expired". I don't have the guts to do that if that brokes updates. Anyone got better solution than reinstall Steam?

noisy_ninja_7
05-24-2009, 06:45 AM
See: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=873128

A solution that WORKS. I renamed ClientRegistry.blob to ClientRegistryOLD.blob on the STEAM folder (C:\Program Files\Steam\clientregistery.blob), and started STEAM, then automatically updates, and now is running and downloading my new games perfect.

This worked for me. However, I had to do it twice (as suggested on another thread).

My game is DLing now.

Peace (thru superior fire power)

DeltaSquadron
05-24-2009, 06:49 AM
Kay, sorted mine, had to uninstall, then reinstalled and was still getting cannot connect, deleted the ClientRegistry.blob, it didnt work, but renaming did instead. Updated fine. Would've thought my ClientRegistry would've been fine on a fresh install but obv not. Installing a bunch of games now.

TheEscapistMan
05-24-2009, 10:18 AM
This upset me, I bought FO3 and for the life of me, It would not download. I was about to devour my mouse when i found this board.

Thanks.

captchas
05-25-2009, 04:52 AM
Renaming .blob to .blob.bak worked like a champ. I was really getting ticked off, just glad someone has more patience and brains than me!

netik09
05-25-2009, 01:09 PM
I erased clientregistry.blob and, after Steam updated itself, the problem was gone. Thanks for the tip.

Shark131
05-25-2009, 02:34 PM
Renaming worked for me. Thank you!

disfeld
09-04-2009, 09:12 AM
I also had to delete my clientregistry.blob after receiving this exact error today after purchasing and trying to install Quantz and Red Nation.

chrisdglong
09-04-2009, 10:10 AM
Same problem here after Red Nation. When is Steam going to get a handle on this error? It is very frustrating.

chrisdglong
09-04-2009, 10:14 AM
I just found a solution that worked for me guys. Go into task manager and force quit the steam.exe. After I did that everything was fine again.

edeph
10-23-2009, 11:16 AM
Yep it is working by editing registry blob