PDA

View Full Version : Need help with I, Zombie Endless Achievement

Arduin
06-09-2009, 08:52 AM
I'm having a hard time getting to a streak of 10. I managed to get to a streak of 9 once, but most of the time I just run out of Sun at streak 7 or 8.

I know the puzzles are random, but could anyone that made it to 10 or further share some of their strategies?

Most of the time I'm using a combination of Digger Zombies and Imps, but in the later levels there is just too much defense in form of Starfruits, Split Peas and Threepeater. I make sure to get rid of the Magnets as soon as possible, but inevitably I end up with a level full of Starfruits, or full of Snowpeas and Repeaters in one lane.

MJ is helpful in some occasions, especially when there are loads of Squashes and Potato mines, but he's just too fragile and expensive to use extensively.

Any help would be appreciated :)

Fever
06-09-2009, 09:50 AM
First try to get rid of rows with Threepeaters and Starfruits (and Magnets). Use a Conehead Zombie (or two) in case of Magnets, otherwise just Buckethead and Football Zombies. Pole Vaulting Zombie is also very usseful in case of one-hit killing plants. You can also counter Snow Peas with Ladder Zombies.

I also found out that it is useful to "back up" zombies with another, when there are too much shooting plants in a row.

A Guy
06-09-2009, 11:11 AM
I've made it to 9 a couple of times, but 10 is extremely hard. They have almost every type of plant on the 10th level. I don't know why the 10th level is so much harder than the 9th. I would say to use only enough zombies to get by so you save as much sun as possible.

Also, can someone tell me how to use the dancer zombie, because to me he's just about as useful as a conehead. Every time I use him, he dies right away.

moosenukes
06-09-2009, 11:58 AM
If there is a row with little/no threats (all wallnuts, sunflowers, magnets, umbrellas, etc.) send him in there. The dancer zombies will destroy the rows on either side of him.

If necessary use a bungee zombie or two to clear out any big threats to the main dancer zombie.

terrya64
06-09-2009, 02:00 PM
I've made it to 9 a couple of times, but 10 is extremely hard. They have almost every type of plant on the 10th level. I don't know why the 10th level is so much harder than the 9th. I would say to use only enough zombies to get by so you save as much sun as possible.

Also, can someone tell me how to use the dancer zombie, because to me he's just about as useful as a conehead. Every time I use him, he dies right away.

I will use the dancer if i have a row that does not have more than one shooter and the row above and below are loaded with stuff. Send the main dancer down the lightly defended row, so he will not die. If used correctly the 350 spent will easily wipe out all 3 rows.

terrya64
06-09-2009, 02:03 PM
I also am stuck, I am able to get to 7-8 pretty easily, have been to 9 about 4 times. One time I died on 9 with 1 plant and 1 brain left, no sun to go any further.

Mailorder
06-09-2009, 09:51 PM
Finally managed to score the achievement a few days ago. I made a note to try to have 2000+ sun on Streak 3, to make the rest easier.

From what I noticed, Using 2 Coneheads to clear out a row seemed to be my most common used strategy. If not 2 Coneheads, then I used 1 Conehead and 1 Pole Vaulter. No need to kill everything in the row (unless it's a magnet, starfruit or spreadshot). I also used the Dancing Zombie any chance I got. If needed, I'd place a Conehead in front of the Dancing Zombie to make sure he wasn't killed.

Don't neglect the Pole-Vaulting Zombie! He's fast and the pole doesn't get pulled by the magnet plant.

Arduin
06-10-2009, 02:29 AM
Thanks for the tips all. Will try to back up my zombies with another one, as Fever and Mailorder pointed out. It isn't a strategy I'm comfortable with, because I could send two zombies to their doom (again...), whereas a Digger and Imp combo would normally finish off a row without too much trouble.

However, the Digger is kinda useless with a Split Pea in any other spot than the last, because the Digger can only survive his attack when he can start eating it right after he stopped being dazed.

Will post my findings after a bit, and good luck to everyone still in need of this achievement!

EDIT: I got it! :D I even got 1000 Sun to spare after my 10th streak!

Took a few attempts, and I forced myself not to use the Diggers, but Pole Vaulting Zombies instead. It worked wonderfully, because I had all forgotten about their initial speed boost, which allow them to dodge some damage a regular Zombie would take.

I have to admit, I got really lucky with some of the stages that I had to cross. Only had about 2 stages with an annoying spawn of Peas, most of them were all about Chompers, Squashes and Potato Mines. Easily counterable with MJ or the Pole Vaulters.

One helpful thing I noticed about the Pole Vaulters is that sometimes when I needed to sacrifice one of them to a Chomper or Potato Mine, the adjacent Squash would jump onto the Pole Vaulters corpse, basically saving me from sacrificing another Zombie.

Thanks for the tips all, and good luck to you still trying to tackle this puzzle, which is in my opinion the hardest of the puzzles in PvZ.

Mailorder
06-10-2009, 09:19 PM
Hey, good job : )

I'm still stuck on Streak 13 for Vasebreaker : p

dKiWi
06-10-2009, 11:14 PM
I already got this achievement and can't seem to get pass 11 streak. Damn irritating. I'll post up some tips later as I try.

Zombie endless is damn fun and I'm aiming for 15 streak xD

Arduin
06-11-2009, 03:31 AM
Haha, good luck with getting to 15, dKiWi. Would be quite an accomplishment. I've had enough of I, Zombie Endless for now.

And you good luck with Vasebreaker, Mailorder.

sleepbox
06-11-2009, 07:05 AM
I, Zombie is a bit too luck based for my preference.

However, here's some tips...

1. Snow peas and corn catapults will mess you up...drop 2 cone zombies simultaneously...even against butter and snow they tend to do better than 1 single powerful football or buckethead

2. Don't use MJ unless you're absolutely sure it will benefit you over spending less

3. Watch for umbrella plants, bungie out the magnets, use diggers

4. Use pole vaulters often

5. When you get stuck on levels with tones of potato mines, uses a combination of vaulters and igors

6. THINK, you are not under a time limit

7. EDIT - STAR FRUIT WILL KILL YOU

Thanny
06-11-2009, 03:11 PM
I found luck to be the only useful strategy. There's one set of rows which is nothing but stars and sunflowers. I got three of those in one game, which meant I had over 3000 sun at around level 7. My luck ran out shortly thereafter, so I only made it to 12.

I might have been able to stretch that to 13 or 14, but there's just no sun to be had on later levels, so you need to get your main supply early.

Mellemhund
06-12-2009, 02:09 AM
The levels aren't set - so try untill you get a couple of scaredy rounds. These have alot of sun and are eazy to chomp through with coneheads.

terrya64
06-12-2009, 04:06 PM
Finally got to 10. I have to say it is more luck than anything else. All depends what levels you get and if you are lucky enough to get the all scaredy shroom/ sunflower level. I got it for level 5, and I kept hitting restart until I got an easy first level.

Aitkenj
06-13-2009, 07:08 AM
Finally got to 10. I have to say it is more luck than anything else. All depends what levels you get and if you are lucky enough to get the all scaredy shroom/ sunflower level. I got it for level 5, and I kept hitting restart until I got an easy first level.

This

I got two consecutive scaredy/sunflower stages streaks 4/5 and another on stage 8. Its totally luck whether you succeed as long as you are competent with the zombies situational uses. So just keep at it and you'll get there in the end :D

I got to streak 13 and didn't get my achievement however :o Currently running on good faith that its a steam issue and will sort itself out ;)

If not i'll have to go postal :mad:

Arduin
06-14-2009, 03:55 AM
Auch, you were sure you were having an active internet connection/logged in to Steam Friends?

TheMagnet
03-04-2010, 01:32 PM
Here is a pretty good guide on the subject including step by step instructions on how to take out some common plants:

http://www.download-free-games.com/blog/entry/i_zombie_endless_guide/

The thing for me is taking the time to think and do some math before buying and always asking what is the cheapest way to do this?

Justin7
07-25-2010, 11:28 AM
Still having problems with this, it's the last achievement I need and I want it really badly. I am using that guide but I don't think it's that good. For the ladder zombie they say he's useless. But he blocks snow peas which can really break up a good defense.

Hope I get lucky soon and beat this.

Edit: Got it lmao. Just luck is all it is. Think it took me at least 3/4 hours total to get.