PDA

View Full Version : Fix for the tf2 style explosions effects?

AwM
06-11-2009, 11:21 AM
Is there any texture/sprite fix for these explosion effects?
Some Valve employee said it will be replaced but no update came out. I would be glad for the fix, expecially because I'm planning to make another video in DoD:S.

Borbarad
06-11-2009, 01:51 PM
CB4 made some very nice custom explosions, with the choice between 3 different styles: 'Hollywood', 'Realistic' and 'Hybrid' - which is a good combination IMHO.
A demo video is on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9qEjDSCS3E

I don't know if the download is still working, but the thread is here: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=702747

Borbarad

P.S. I have the file on my hard drive - if you need it pm me.

AwM
06-12-2009, 12:07 AM
Thanks.
I already sent you a pm cause the link is dead.
+rep for you

Borbarad
06-12-2009, 01:24 AM
Hi AwM,
I uploaded the file to my webspace, the link is in my pm.

Borbarad

BabyJail
06-12-2009, 11:35 AM
Wow those look kickass! :eek:

Borbarad
06-12-2009, 12:14 PM
Hi BabyJail,
if you or anybody else wants to use CB4's custom explosions... I uploaded the file to sendspace.com, so you don't have to pm me. Here is the link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/hp9svo

If you don't like sendspace.com you can still pm me of course :-)

Borbarad

Guyver.
06-12-2009, 05:44 PM
Wow...thanks. I had lost these when I built my new PC. Woooo!!! :D

Kiff
06-15-2009, 07:34 PM
Wow those look kickass! :eek:
They are kickass, it's surprising how such a little thing can make the visual experience so much more intense.

Guyver.
06-23-2009, 02:13 PM
Rep added. :)

kbrunick
06-23-2009, 02:53 PM
Why isn't one of these in the game yet?

FuzzDad
06-23-2009, 07:53 PM
CB4 made some very nice custom explosions, with the choice between 3 different styles: 'Hollywood', 'Realistic' and 'Hybrid' - which is a good combination IMHO.
A demo video is on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9qEjDSCS3E

I don't know if the download is still working, but the thread is here: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=702747

Borbarad

P.S. I have the file on my hard drive - if you need it pm me.

I really like these. Is CB4 still around? I might be able to talk Valve into purchasing these.

Guyver.
06-23-2009, 08:05 PM
I really like these. Is CB4 still around? I might be able to talk Valve into purchasing these.
YES!!!:D:D:D:D

TOM795
06-23-2009, 08:59 PM
Sweet explosions, it would be awesome if Valve did purchase these and made them standard. The TF2 style cartoon explosions aren't very fitting in DoDS.

Seems like something that may help draw in some of the people who've stopped (or close to it) playing this game too. A bullet point of new explosions for the update news seems like a few people might say "I want to check out these new explosions". Just a thought :D

Guyver.
10-16-2009, 09:07 PM

Any update on this, FD?

TOM795
10-16-2009, 10:00 PM
I've been using these explosions for awhile now (the hybrid option) and I love them. They look much better than stock and the optional particle file did slightly help my old video card keep up with the smoke by lessening the amount of particles in the smoke.

Would be a worthwhile thing to update with this "future update" that is supposedly coming...

rpmmatt
10-17-2009, 05:31 AM
Ooooo, thank you, had been looking for a link for this for a long time.

Thank you. Really makes an improvment over the standard explosions and fits in well with other upgraded skins and models.

There so much improved visuals and sounds for this game, I can't undertand why people think its so graphically poor. It still stands up well if you bother to look into what you can get.

airborneman
10-19-2009, 10:06 AM
No just like all modders CB4 logged off and never ♥♥♥ back like the dod_wn71 guy promising us a good map but the just leaving forever wtf my name is kurt i like mods who play on dods i am just a dirty cop my score is sucked like a lollipop walked up to CB4 and smacked him twice if u say this to ur mother then some ♥♥♥♥ happen to valve hit cb4 hard with my stick right after he made a mod dirt men with 2 guns 1 i nthe hand 1 in the computer dirty men are on the block looking for a easy block make cb4 scream in the slamer make him taste wile's hammer

Game650
10-19-2009, 02:59 PM

please purchase player models and weapon models as well. Take a look at wile e coyote's work, simply amazing.

http://www.wiledod.com/

Furyo
10-19-2009, 03:19 PM
No just like all modders CB4 logged off and never ♥♥♥ back like the dod_wn71 guy promising us a good map but the just leaving forever wtf my name is kurt i like mods who play on dods i am just a dirty cop my score is sucked like a lollipop walked up to CB4 and smacked him twice if u say this to ur mother then some ♥♥♥♥ happen to valve hit cb4 hard with my stick right after he made a mod dirt men with 2 guns 1 i nthe hand 1 in the computer dirty men are on the block looking for a easy block make cb4 scream in the slamer make him taste wile's hammer

Seen as you "felt like it" to edit this post, can you please come back to it and make some sense of it all for all of us here? I have no idea what you went on about except just about every modder who has left to do other things got their ♥♥♥ kicked in some way or another...

Guyver.
10-19-2009, 05:33 PM
please purchase player models and weapon models as well. Take a look at wile e coyote's work, simply amazing.

http://www.wiledod.com/

All of his stuff is a re-skin of the default models.

The only actual new models are the player models, the U.S. smoke grenade model, and the 30cal model.

The 30cal model is the default model with added polygons to make it look nicer.

The smoke grenade:

My intent was not
to create something completely new, but instead take the defaults and make
them look as real as possible. An exception is the US smoke grenade, the game
default is nowhere near close to the real thing.

The 30cal:
Hi-poly .30 cal v_model. Exactly the same as the default model, only the the polygon count was significantly increased to make the rounded edges smoother. Uses the default skin. There are a lot of round edges on this model in particular and the 5000+ default polycount just wasn't enough to do a convincing job. This model pushes that count up to 8000+ (the default tiger tank is 10000+) and in my opinion it definitely worth installing if your computer can handle it.

EDIT:

Seen as you "felt like it" to edit this post, can you please come back to it and make some sense of it all for all of us here? I have no idea what you went on about except just about every modder who has left to do other things got their ♥♥♥ kicked in some way or another...

This might explain things, if he's telling the truth:
My mistake I'm 12 years old what is this?

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=991755

Game650
10-20-2009, 03:48 PM
yeah, his models are absolutely amazing and make the game 10x better.

CB4
06-02-2010, 08:16 AM
I am here now.

I am sorry about not answering PM's. I wasn't online on this forum for a long time.

I am here now.

Sorry again.

Pad See Ew
06-02-2010, 10:15 AM
You are forgiven. We have killed the fatted calf.

I guess I'm the only ons that likes the current 'splosions. As far as I'm concerned, DoD is a cartoon (and I like it that way).

Ustwes R. Dewo
06-02-2010, 11:36 AM
You are forgiven. We have killed the fatted calf.

I guess I'm the only ons that likes the current 'splosions. As far as I'm concerned, DoD is a cartoon (and I like it that way).

Being a cartoon is no excuse for something looking dumb.

CB4
06-02-2010, 11:59 AM
I haven't modded anything for a long long time, but I put many hours into those explosions, and also some other things I did like a different garand rifle nade and a BOB themed pack with paratrooper skins, overlays, sounds etc etc. I can't even remember which program I used it's been so long.

All the links become dead over time, and I get PM's but either I stop modding or I stop playing for long periods of time so it becomes hard to keep up. I think Fuzzdad hasn't been on this forum for a while, so it happens to all of us it seems.

I don't know what will happen now, but it's a shame I didn't see the PM's and this topic because it would have made me very happy for the explosions to be used by valve. The cartoon ones didn't fit IMO, and I spent alot of time looking at videos and asking people for info about real ones.

Oh well..

In the near future, I will post new links for some of the stuff I did, I just need to find them first. It's just hard, because years go by and the game stays the same, so it's human nature to move on.

Borbarad
06-03-2010, 01:04 AM
Hey CB4, nice to see you back! :-) I'm still using you're great explosions and I hope that one day they will become the new 'official explosions' of DoD:S.
It would be very nice to get new download links for all the other custom work you have done.

Regards,
Borbarad