PDA

View Full Version : Argos Naval not installed

garyoh
06-19-2009, 12:54 PM
on my games it shows argos naval yard as not installed, although the ultimate is installed, when I click install for argos it starts the game, and the menu screen says argos naval, it is annoying that it says not installed though, anybody else have the same trouble?

Also, I take it I can't run through the game from the first version, following the storyline, (can't load the individual games)?

Thanks

Z-95
06-19-2009, 03:00 PM
That happened to me too. The only way I got it to work was to delete all local content and install Argos Naval Yard first. This makes both of them active. I'm sure you could back up the files and copy them in to greatly reduce download time but I decided not to to test and it was a fairly quick download.

Looks like the Steam version needs a little bit of work, but with a little bit of messing around and it works!

digitalanime
06-19-2009, 03:07 PM
Did had the same here as well, deleting local content and installing Argos Naval Yard first works indeed.

Tericc
06-19-2009, 11:23 PM
just wondering when you guys did that did the game itself change at all or is it the same thing just with the newly added tytal on the steams list..any feed back on how this improves this would be nice..if not anything performance game wize Then is this needed?

Aesir Rising
06-20-2009, 03:31 PM
<snip> The only way I got it to work was to delete all local content and install Argos Naval Yard first. <snip>
Thanks!

<snip> Then is this needed?

I have no idea whether or not you're missing any game content. For myself, Steam's in-game overlay kept telling each time I ran the game that I needed to enter a registration key when prompted by the game. While Steam's overlay provided the key, the game itself never prompted me. Because I have never played this game before, I have no idea if I was missing any content to begin with. But seeing that Steam was telling me the expansion wasn't installed and seeing as it kept telling that I would need to enter a key (which I was never prompted to enter), I don't really trust the Steam installation for this game. So I thought "better safe than sorry" and deleted the prior install, and installed the expansion first this time.

Megawizard
06-22-2009, 06:55 PM
Thanks!

I have no idea whether or not you're missing any game content. For myself, Steam's in-game overlay kept telling each time I ran the game that I needed to enter a registration key when prompted by the game. While Steam's overlay provided the key, the game itself never prompted me. Because I have never played this game before, I have no idea if I was missing any content to begin with. But seeing that Steam was telling me the expansion wasn't installed and seeing as it kept telling that I would need to enter a key (which I was never prompted to enter), I don't really trust the Steam installation for this game. So I thought "better safe than sorry" and deleted the prior install, and installed the expansion first this time.

The key is only used for the multiplayer.

Aesir Rising
06-22-2009, 10:57 PM
The key is only used for the multiplayer.

I set up as host specifically to try to get it to let me enter a key. It didn't. But does it prompt you at some point during an actual MP game? Maybe I didn't go far enough into the process?

BurnedToast
06-25-2009, 07:11 AM
Firstly - Argos naval yard is already installed if you install the ultimate collection. I don't know why it's listed separately on steam but if it says Argos naval yard on the start screen then you've got the extra techs it adds in the game. Downloading it twice would just be a waste of time and space (as far as I can tell).

Secondly, as far as the code goes, Dawn of War 2 did the EXACT same thing - it spat out a code and kept saying you would need to put it in, but you never did even when playing multiplayer. Someone on the forum for that game said steam puts it in automatically when you install it, so maybe that's what happens with this too?

BrknPhoenix
06-28-2009, 09:20 AM
I have suspicions as to whether or not Argos Naval Yard is installed. It says not installed on Steam... but the title screen says Argos Naval Yard... but all the loading screens say Murder of Crows... and the manual says Murder of Crows.

edit: Nvm on the manual part. There is an ANY "mini-manual"

Chaos Marine
02-09-2010, 06:18 PM
All I get is Murder of Crows, not seen any entry at all for Argos.

Coolinger
02-18-2010, 12:51 AM
You can also force the installation if you enter in your web browser:

steam://install/25920

Holness_202
03-29-2010, 12:39 PM
any lists itself as not installed but it is - if you can get rail guns (amp accelerators) then its installed.

Mokinokaro
04-30-2010, 08:53 PM
I have suspicions as to whether or not Argos Naval Yard is installed. It says not installed on Steam... but the title screen says Argos Naval Yard... but all the loading screens say Murder of Crows... and the manual says Murder of Crows.

edit: Nvm on the manual part. There is an ANY "mini-manual"

Argos doesn't replace the loading screens.