PDA

View Full Version : Oblivion BT Mod a no-go?

non.sequitur
06-19-2009, 11:43 PM
Anyone get the BT Mod to work? I installed it into the correct "data" folder in the Steam directory and I see the added data files that I can load (that disable the compass markers for example) but the GUI looks the same. Anyone get it to actually work?

linfosoma
06-20-2009, 12:04 AM
Im using this mod (http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=10763) which is an improved version of that, it works just fine, you just need to use the OBMM to install it.

You can download OBMM here (http://timeslip.chorrol.com/obmm_download.html).

TangleFoot
06-20-2009, 04:47 AM
BTmod doesn't make the UI look different, it just tweaks a few things (http://uk.gamespot.com/features/6148788/p-3.html).

persechini
06-20-2009, 09:05 AM
I can't get BTMod or Darnfied UI to work either, they simply stay there and don't change a thing in the interface

non.sequitur
06-20-2009, 09:28 AM
BTmod doesn't make the UI look different, it just tweaks a few things (http://uk.gamespot.com/features/6148788/p-3.html).

I'm well aware of what BT Mod does as I used it when it first came out. By making the UI "look different" I mean it allows you to display more inventory items at the same time, for example. You wouldn't call that making it "look different"? If I can see 10 items on-screen in the UI before BT, then 17 after, what do you call that, the same?

Anyway...my question isn't about what it does; does it work or not and if so how'd you get it to work?

non.sequitur
06-20-2009, 09:29 AM
I can't get BTMod or Darnfied UI to work either, they simply stay there and don't change a thing in the interface

Yep, that's exactly what I'm talking about. Are you running 64-bit by chance? I'm on Windows 7 x64.

non.sequitur
06-20-2009, 09:33 AM
Im using this mod (http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=10763) which is an improved version of that, it works just fine, you just need to use the OBMM to install it.

You can download OBMM here (http://timeslip.chorrol.com/obmm_download.html).

Yeah, that does look awesome. Not sure I want to install OBMM just for this though, which is pretty much the reason I've never used this in the first place.

persechini
06-20-2009, 09:56 AM
Yep, that's exactly what I'm talking about. Are you running 64-bit by chance? I'm on Windows 7 x64.

no, I'm on vista 32. I read somewhere that btmod would not work properly with the steam version, but it also said DarnUi would work and for me it doesn't

perhaps... has anyone tried after yesterday's EXE update?

non.sequitur
06-20-2009, 11:51 AM
no, I'm on vista 32. I read somewhere that btmod would not work properly with the steam version, but it also said DarnUi would work and for me it doesn't

Yes I just tried reinstalling it again today and it still doesn't work.

KeitaroBaka
06-21-2009, 07:17 AM
I made this mod work on my steam Oblivion. Download the Oblivion mod manager, install it. Install BTMod. Then run mod manager and invalidate the original content. Now oblivion will be able to load BTMod.

TangleFoot
06-21-2009, 09:12 AM
...invalidate the original content.In other words (http://devnull.sweetdanger.net/archiveinvalidation.html), go to Utilities>Archive invalidation, make sure that BSA redirection is selected and click Update now. Strangely, I've never had to do this with my retail copy...

MrKlorox
06-21-2009, 02:01 PM
And I never had to do that with my Steam copy. OBMM makes it work just fine. I don't understand why it won't work for others.

TangleFoot
06-21-2009, 02:48 PM
Maybe it depends on their choice of mods?

Thander
06-21-2009, 04:15 PM
I think it will happen to any mod. If you get a mod in obmm format, the mod manager will handle everything. If you get a manual install mod, it won't work unless you create your own obmm file for it to add it to the mod manager or have OBMM do the fix above.

EightySeven
06-21-2009, 04:38 PM

U should download DarnifiedUI for Oblivion mod manager (and the mod manager itself ofc)

that works for me

bamspeedy
02-19-2010, 07:28 AM
U should download DarnifiedUI for Oblivion mod manager (and the mod manager itself ofc)

that works for me

Darnified might be great for full-screen players, but the microscopic font sucks big time for window mode.

I can't get the BT Mod to work with the steam version of the Oblivion GOTY deluxe (all plugins), even when doing the fixes mentioned here.

stickyboot
06-14-2010, 04:45 AM
In other words (http://devnull.sweetdanger.net/archiveinvalidation.html), go to Utilities>Archive invalidation, make sure that BSA redirection is selected and click Update now. Strangely, I've never had to do this with my retail copy...

This worked for me, however, you must run the mod manager as administrator in windows 7 or else it will not work.

UTDaimao
06-16-2010, 06:19 AM
I had BTMod running fine on one computer running 32-bit XP, but on another computer with 64-bit Vista it doesn't increase the inventory/map screens as it's suposed to do.

Lord Mordeth
06-16-2010, 06:57 AM
BTMod never worked for me, despite the fact that i tried and tried to sort it out.

So went and grabbed Darnified UI, which in turn works great and sorts out all the UI issues the game has.

I had BTMod running fine on one computer running 32-bit XP, but on another computer with 64-bit Vista it doesn't increase the inventory/map screens as it's suposed to do.

Hmm, am running Windows 7 64-bit.. wonder if that's why the BTMod didn't work then, as i seem to recall it (or something similar i used) working on my old computer back in the day, which had Windows XP 32-bit on it.

gskyes
06-30-2010, 05:44 PM
I was having trouble getting BTMod to work in Vista x64 with Steam version of Oblivion, but running OBMM as administrator and then doing Archive Invalidation worked for me.

Omega-Weapon
08-12-2011, 11:22 AM
I know this post is VERY old, but I had the same trouble as others in this thread trying to install BTMod in the Steam GOTY Deluxe version of Oblivion. I worked it out, so I'm posting this for reference for anyone else who needs it, as this is one of the top pages on Google search.

I have managed to install and get BTMod to work, without having to install any other programs.

I downloaded the .exe version of BTMod which installs all the necessary files in to the Steamapps Oblivion folder.

After this, I created a text file called ArchiveInvalidation.txt, and put this text inside it.

menus/dialog/dialog_menu.xml
menus/dialog/persuasion_menu.xml
menus/dialog/texteditmenu.xml
menus/main/hud_main_menu.xml
menus/main/hud_reticle.xml
menus/main/hud_subtitle_menu.xml
menus/main/inventory_menu.xml
menus/main/magic_menu.xml
menus/main/map_menu.xml
menus/main/stats_menu.xml
menus/prefabs/ui_config/container_config.xml
menus/prefabs/ui_config/container_template.xml
menus/prefabs/ui_config/hudmainmenu_config.xml
menus/prefabs/ui_config/hudreticle_config.xml
menus/prefabs/ui_config/hudsubtitlemenu_config.xml
menus/prefabs/ui_config/inventory_config.xml
menus/prefabs/ui_config/magic_config.xml
menus/prefabs/ui_config/map_config.xml
menus/prefabs/ui_config/map_template.xml
menus/prefabs/ui_config/stats_config.xml
menus/prefabs/horizontal_scroll.xml
menus/breath_meter_menu.xml
menus/container_menu.xml
menus/ingredient_select_menu.xml
menus/message_menu.xml
menus/quantity_menu.xml
menus/repair_menu.xml

The text file goes in to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\oblivion\ (I am on Windows 7, so it may just be in regukar Program Files, not x86)

After doing this, it's all working perfect, without having to install anything else! This should solve the problem anyone else who's searching for the same thing as I was having.

Sparky20
08-19-2011, 02:34 AM
Thanks, the above fix works great.

Draetor24
08-20-2011, 09:20 AM
I don't know about BTMod, but I canc onfirm Darnified UI works easily after fooling around yesterday. I just loaded the OMOD into OBMM and it took effect when I launched game.