PDA

View Full Version : Morrowind Widescreen How?? 1920x1200

muppetts
06-20-2009, 02:50 AM
Hi All I have a 24inch Monitor, how would I get Morrowind to 1920x1200 res?

james_2k
06-20-2009, 02:52 AM
Check here (http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/wiki/index.php/The_Elder_Scrolls_III:_Morrowind)

muppetts
06-20-2009, 03:18 AM
Yep got it, thanks! And worked well!

I <3 Pain Pills
06-20-2009, 09:47 AM
Thanks I needed it as well.

Smart_Bomb
06-20-2009, 09:59 AM
We already 3 other threads about this:

Easy fix for your resolution (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=900905)

Enabling widescreen resolutions (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=897872)

Easy fix for widescreen. (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=898193)

Curseman
06-21-2009, 08:37 PM
Doesn't work with the steam version of the game.

Did you actually check what those links were? Two of them were registry changes that I know for a fact work.

zippythezip
01-03-2010, 12:13 PM
thanks it works, :D

BloodyStarfish
01-05-2010, 05:43 AM
Anyone know how to do it if there is no key in(or folder) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Bethesda Software\Morrowind ? Tried to do it manualy first but didn't find it, and FPS Optimizer is looking for the same path.

Edit:
:rolleyes: Seems I got a bit ahead of myself. The registry folder/files don't get made unless the game have been run once.

surfrock22
06-10-2010, 12:20 PM
Check here (http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/wiki/index.php/The_Elder_Scrolls_III:_Morrowind)

When I download that and run it after pointing to the exe, everything is stretched, as if it is still set in a 4:3 aspect ratio; this makes the game nearly unplayable, for me (1920x1080).

Any ideas?

vtastek
07-02-2010, 04:13 PM
When I download that and run it after pointing to the exe, everything is stretched, as if it is still set in a 4:3 aspect ratio; this makes the game nearly unplayable, for me (1920x1080).

Any ideas?

Uncheck novice mode. In misc2 tab, change your FOV and aspect ratio. You may want to go towards 90.

Alternatively, MGE does all and better.

Trenchgun
08-14-2010, 11:39 AM
That utility doesn't work for the steam version, it can't find the registry.

I have vista 32... Where can I find the registry settings?

darrel
09-18-2010, 01:48 AM

Thanks, works great !!

Ozwit
03-19-2011, 04:00 PM
Pulling up an old thread but is there a link to this that doesn't require a premium account?

Oditogre
03-19-2011, 04:06 PM
http://www.morrowind-oblivion.com/utilities.php

Pretty sure that's the same thing.

Ozwit
03-19-2011, 08:09 PM
Yes found it. Thank you.

CloudLevi
03-23-2011, 02:55 PM
Fail on the thread links up there, Smart Bomb. "No thread specified."

General Hoohah
04-02-2011, 05:58 PM

Sorry to say it, cause I really wanted HD in Morrowind (I'm on a 40" Sony Bravia HD TV), but this mod sucks. All it does is stretch the view like a rubber band instead of actually widening the allowed view width. If you walk around and actually pay attention, everything is being warped and stretched. Stand on a box, look down, and rotate... and you'll see what I'm talking about. All that mod did is kill my eyes and give me a headache.

Is there a mod that adds TRUE 16:9 to Morrowind, instead of just stretching the screen out? This doesn't work, its a farce.

surfrock22
04-03-2011, 12:47 PM
Sorry to say it, cause I really wanted HD in Morrowind (I'm on a 40" Sony Bravia HD TV), but this mod sucks. All it does is stretch the view like a rubber band instead of actually widening the allowed view width. If you walk around and actually pay attention, everything is being warped and stretched. Stand on a box, look down, and rotate... and you'll see what I'm talking about. All that mod did is kill my eyes and give me a headache.

Is there a mod that adds TRUE 16:9 to Morrowind, instead of just stretching the screen out? This doesn't work, its a farce.

It worked for me.. but, I do remember trying it a few times. I remember thinking the same thing as you, but I did eventually get it working. Sorry I can't be of more help, but I would like to say that I eventually got the game running in 1080p with no stretching or distortion.

(-SP-)Rockzo
05-07-2011, 04:08 PM
Just get MGE!!!!!

DeathNimrod
07-03-2011, 04:07 AM
I need to edit my registry, cause NONE of the widescreen optimisers work, I'm on Windows 7 64bit, Help would be appreciated and Rep will be added :3

Dracorat
08-09-2011, 05:30 PM
I need to edit my registry, cause NONE of the widescreen optimisers work, I'm on Windows 7 64bit, Help would be appreciated and Rep will be added :3

To edit the registry, pretty WINDOWS + R (to bring up the "Run" box) (or just type in the typing box inside the start menu)
And type in the command:
REGEDIT

It will ask you if you want to run it as Admin and you do.

Wilsty
08-13-2011, 09:19 AM

Yes, if anyone does happen to come up with a step-by-step way of altering the Steam version of this game to work in widescreen (mine is a resolution of 1366x768) please post it. The help would be very much appreciated. I have that whole issue with the FPS Optimizer not being able to launch the game because it's unable to locate the .exe file for Morrowind and not having the game show up in the registry.

I'm also running Windows 7 64bit.

Thank you so much guys and gals in advance if anyone knows of any way to resolve this with the Steam version.

:)

Oh, by the way. I have a question of my own. When I launch Steam's Morrowind (I'll call it Steam's from now on to avoid confusion as to whether or not it's from Steam or a purchased box copy) I'm unable hit the "Windows" button to bring me back to my laptop's desktop nor can I adjust the master volume of my laptop while in-game (the master volume of my laptop, not the master volume slider in the game). Is there any way of getting the previously mentioned problems to work?

Gwyphon
08-18-2011, 08:00 PM
Yes, if anyone does happen to come up with a step-by-step way of altering the Steam version of this game to work in widescreen (mine is a resolution of 1366x768) please post it. The help would be very much appreciated. I have that whole issue with the FPS Optimizer not being able to launch the game because it's unable to locate the .exe file for Morrowind and not having the game show up in the registry.

I'm also running Windows 7 64bit.

Thank you so much guys and gals in advance if anyone knows of any way to resolve this with the Steam version.

:)

Oh, by the way. I have a question of my own. When I launch Steam's Morrowind (I'll call it Steam's from now on to avoid confusion as to whether or not it's from Steam or a purchased box copy) I'm unable hit the "Windows" button to bring me back to my laptop's desktop nor can I adjust the master volume of my laptop while in-game (the master volume of my laptop, not the master volume slider in the game). Is there any way of getting the previously mentioned problems to work?

^^ Bump

Metro
08-20-2011, 04:12 AM
Just get MGE!!!!!

This. MGE will allow you to pick your native resolutions.

Wilsty
08-20-2011, 07:51 PM
Thank you very much. It worked like a charm! :)

Nowhereman
09-03-2011, 04:44 AM
I've used the Morrowind Graphics Extender mod and now have a sweet suitable resolution (had to actually tone it down from 1920x1080 for performance reasons) but was wondering if there are any mods to increase the UI size. At these resolutions it's near impossible to read anything and my inventory is a collection of tiny little icons. Fortunately I'm not so ancient that this makes it unreadable but it'd be nice to make stuff slightly larger.

nrnoble
10-16-2011, 01:29 AM
Can anyone comment about changing the FOV?

I've been successful at changing the screen resolution (1920x1080) using MGE, but that doesn't appear to have options to change the FOV, just simply blows up the default FOV to larger resolutions.

thx

EDIT: Found solution. Upgraded MGE to the most recent version, and it included a FOV change.

applesauce92
05-04-2012, 10:32 PM
ok cool. But how do you launch the game?! I hit launch Morrowind and all it does is fap and bring up my system folders windows for me to endlessly dig through trying to find something that doesn't exist