PDA

View Full Version : Email Regarding Portal DLC

MasterQueff
06-22-2009, 01:44 PM
Today I sent an Email to Robin Walker asking if he had any plans for releasing DLC for Portal on the Orange Box.
So here it is.

Dear Robin,

We have all been hearing about about the Team Fortress 2 updates and we are all very pleased with your job on the Survival pack on Left 4 Dead, but we haven't heard much from Portal.
Valve recently released "Portal: Still Alive" for XBox Live Arcade and it has more maps than the original Portal for The Orange Box.
So my question is, are you planning to do anything for Portal on The Orange box for XBox (i.e. new test chambers from Still Alive)?

Thank you very much for your time.

Sincerely Joe.

ESG Griefer
06-22-2009, 01:56 PM
Portal isn't quite as popular as TF2 or Half Life, but I think they would take your question into consideration.

PycBouH
06-22-2009, 02:00 PM
Additional maps from Portal: Still Alive can be downloaded freely by PC users, because they're from one of the user-created mappacks. Prelude or Flash Version Mappack, I'm not sure. So it's not Valve's creation. That means they probably very busy with sequel.

MasterQueff
06-22-2009, 02:07 PM
Well Portal: Still Alive for XBox includes maps from the Flash version but the is only on XBox Live Arcade, The original for The Orange Box has no new maps.
It would also be great if Portal had its own blog like TF2 and Left 4 dead.

tschumann
06-22-2009, 04:28 PM
Additional maps from Portal: Still Alive can be downloaded freely by PC users, because they're from one of the user-created mappacks. Prelude or Flash Version Mappack, I'm not sure. So it's not Valve's creation. That means they probably very busy with sequel.

It's The Flash Version, but it's only some of the maps from it, and I think they were modified a bit.