PDA

View Full Version : Arma 2 artifacts on very high?

Flash
06-25-2009, 08:59 PM
Anyone else have artifacts on Very high settings, when you are standing near a wall (house, fence) and you look at it? As in BIG artifacts, distorts the entire screen.

I have a 4870, not OC, but I still use the 8.12 catalyst. Not sure if the drivers has anything to do with it, since if I set to High settings, then I don't have the problem anymore.

Also anyone else knows how to fix the lagging mouse? It's like v-sync is on or something, and the mouse lags quite badly, even on Very low settings.

Arrowhead
06-26-2009, 01:13 AM
Artifacts usually indicate either a video hardware fault and/or an overheating issue.

Get ATI Tool and run it for a half-hour and see if it detects any artifacts. You may have to RMA the card if you can.

VCheeZ
06-26-2009, 01:27 AM
Check temps, use ati tool as stated above. If you have no artifacting, try a driver reinstall.

zidane2010
06-26-2009, 08:28 AM
If it's only ArmAII that's doing it, it's most likely a driver issue.

Col. Hamilton
07-25-2010, 06:55 PM
Sorry to revive this old thread, but unfortunately after the new patch I'm getting the very same problem.

Seemed to be fine, until I saw a tank drive by that didnt appear to have any wheels or anything. Then I noticed a fire about the size of Rhode Island burning on base, and then shortly after I saw the old damned artifact that turns your whole screen funky when you look towards the sun.

Anyways, I realize this could be a video card overheating issue but I never see this on any of my other games, Also my card & computer are not Overclocked, never had a problem like this before on the game except when I installed ACE2.

Thanks,
ATI 4850 512mb, 10.6 drivers

EDIT: Is there a alternative to ATI Tool 0.26 B4? Its nearly unresponsive, closed CCC & followed one dudes advice and shut down punkbuster services, still no go.

Spectator6
07-25-2010, 08:36 PM
I've had to underclock my factory oc'd Nvidia card for Arma 2. Every other game it's completely fine to run at factory oc settings, but there's something about A2 that causes it to push itself to the limit. Good news is, I haven't noticed any drop in frame rates by underclocking 2.5% or so, not a big deal...

Col. Hamilton
07-25-2010, 08:38 PM
I've had to underclock my factory oc'd Nvidia card for Arma 2. Every other game it's completely fine to run at factory oc settings, but there's something about A2 that causes it to push itself to the limit. Good news is, I haven't noticed any drop in frame rates by underclocking 2.5% or so, not a big deal...

Sorry I changed my post, I started looking into it further and found this.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=73373

I'm gonna try under clocking it, Thanks man for the quick response.

My last posts edit was so long I was afraid I was covering too much territory, but yes its factory OC'd I do believe this may be the culprit in my case.

Dwarden
07-27-2010, 07:54 AM
install 10.7 drivers ...

instead of ATI Tool
use ATI tray tool

or

http://www.radeonpro.info/

more details http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?p=1336323339