PDA

View Full Version : Undead Have Rights Too!

neuromancer
07-08-2009, 09:31 PM
Quick question about this achievement

It says get through a level without any monsters getting killed.

Does that mean I can't kill any or do I somehow need to prevent the stupid things from killing themselves as well?

Astaco
07-09-2009, 02:44 AM
Yes, you can't kill any. This is why it's pretty hard on most of the levels or even not possible on some. I don't know about monsters suicides, but I think it counts, too.

I did this in the level 'tower of sarek'.
Just ignore the monsters at the end and jump up to the end.

neuromancer
07-09-2009, 06:23 AM
SO i guess the big question is if one of these monsters manages to kill itself without any interference from me do I need to start over?

Chris Fifty-Two
07-09-2009, 06:49 AM
Cant say for sure but yes, I think so. The easiest place to do it is on Tower of Sarek due to the low count of enemies and the fact that they dont have much chance to kill themselves or get killed.

neuromancer
07-09-2009, 07:06 AM
OK cool, I'll give it a go on that level.

Korialstrasz
07-09-2009, 09:24 AM
I don't believe that it counts. I got this achievement on Dragon Graveyard (or whatever it's called) and I'm pretty sure a couple of them suicide to the spikes automatically, but I still got it anyway.

Zalamander
07-09-2009, 10:14 AM
Think the game can tell if it was your kills or indirect kills, found this text that probably belong to some disabled score screen in the executeable.

"Total kills (not counting indirect kills): %d"

neuromancer
07-09-2009, 06:50 PM
In the last post in this (http://frozenbyte.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1801) thread in the Frozenbyte forums FB_Lauri suggests that monster suicides to cause you to fail.

Dr. Metallius
05-06-2010, 07:15 AM
I managed to get this achievement on the Academy Hallways level. Monsters definitely got themselves killed, also when I was locked up in a room with several skeletons, I had to kill them using the wizard spells. But I still got the achievement, so I deduce that only killing by the bow, the sword and the hammer counts. Maybe also by swinging and jumping, but unlikely.

bassmaster
05-06-2010, 04:55 PM
I managed to get this achievement on the Academy Hallways level. Monsters definitely got themselves killed, also when I was locked up in a room with several skeletons, I had to kill them using the wizard spells. But I still got the achievement, so I deduce that only killing by the bow, the sword and the hammer counts. Maybe also by swinging and jumping, but unlikely.

I can confirm this, I was trying to get the achievemnt on the tower but tried this way and I got it :D,
Just need to pass on very hard to have all the achivements :D

Rev222
05-23-2010, 09:16 AM
I'll confirm it as well...kills by the wizard seem to not have any effect on the achievement. I did this achievement on the academy halls, and in addition to killing the four skeletons that they lock you in with by dropping planks on them, I also inadvertently dropped a counterweight on another skeleton, crushing it.

And I also forced several skeletons to suicide by getting in their way when they were jumping over the chasm. Environmental kills don't count (falls, spikes, fireball traps, etc.).

Good stuff.

Junereth
10-02-2010, 11:43 PM
rather late to the discussion but i just got around to finishing the game.

I tried what was suggested in academy hallways, i.e. only using the wizard to kill by dropping objects. I definitely killed a lot of skeletons by dropping planks wherever they were most annoying, and I still got the achievement. so it appears that "environmental" deaths do not count against you, and neither do suicides (I specifically remember waiting for a few skeletons to die while they were walking around in a spike pit)

Drolfeir
06-16-2011, 12:55 AM
Necromancy on this thread I know -- just wanted to add since Trine might have gotten a bit of exposure with the recent sale...

I completed the Academy Hallways using the wizard exclusively and was able to get this achievement. Some skeletons were crushed by conjured items, but none were under my control at the time.

Angrokor
01-16-2013, 05:52 AM
I have won this achievement just now in Mines and a pair of skeleton committed suicide and I won it anyway.

*Sorry for my English.

loraen
01-18-2013, 01:47 PM
Originally this was supposed to be done in Tower of Sarek, where you only encountered enemies at the end, but then they changed the map, which made this achievement near impossible, because it counted even "suicides". Then the achievement got changed to allow indirect kills, and even objects actively levitated by the wizard count as indirect.