PDA

View Full Version : Some corrupted speech in FoA

DooMDrat
07-11-2009, 08:18 AM
Just now I encountered some corrupted speech. I'm on the team path, having just got onboard the sub. After saving, just for laughs I forced Indy to go down the ladder and be captured by the sailors. When one of them says "Hey, you!" the speech clip is just an extended, high pitched screeching sound. All other lines have been fine. I verified the game files, but there was nothing wrong.

I'd upload a save file, but I don't know of any reliable (guaranteed non-malware) file upload sites.

Psamathos
07-28-2009, 05:12 AM
You're right, I reproduced it. The sailor is supposed to say "Hey, you!" but it just plays a horrible garbled noise. It happens when you first get on the sub and use the ladder a second time, before you use the intercom.

mattnotley2004
07-22-2010, 07:53 AM
This happens on the original DOS version too. I remember playing years ago, jumping outta my seat when the screech started. The fact your wondering what happens by walking down the ladder, to then hear it scream at you - gives a startle.

It's a known glitch which sometimes occurs at this particular part of the game. Also happens when you fire the torpedo sometimes.

DooMDrat
07-23-2010, 02:59 AM
Ah well. Good (in a way) to know it wasn't something botched with this release. Not that they'd have bothered patching it anyway.