PDA

View Full Version : TF2 props won't spawn in Garry's Mod

Omega_Sandvich
07-19-2009, 12:34 PM
I have both Garry's Mod and Team Fortress 2. However, when I go into Garry's Mod, NONE of the TF2 props or ragdolls will spawn at all. The others work fine, even the ones from other games, like the Counterstrike ragdolls/props. It's just the TF2 ragdolls/props (which sucks, because those are the only ones I use...<_<

tschumann
07-19-2009, 05:22 PM
Are they showing up as ERROR models?

Omega_Sandvich
07-19-2009, 09:06 PM
No, they're just simply not showing up at all. It makes the sound effect when you click on the prop/ragdoll you want to use, but there's nothing there when you close the menu at all, not even an ERROR sign (though I do get those ERROR signs a lot)

Narcotic Clown
07-20-2009, 12:08 AM
Maybe you've got it unmounted?

Omega_Sandvich
07-20-2009, 08:05 AM
What does that mean?

EDIT: I just noticed that all of the TF2 maps aren't there anymore either

tschumann
07-20-2009, 10:49 PM
Is Team Fortress 2 ticked in the GMod options (?) box in the main menu?

Omega_Sandvich
07-20-2009, 11:19 PM
Ticked? What dies that mean? (sorry, I'm not really a computer person)

Omega_Sandvich
07-21-2009, 05:20 PM
Nevermind, I figured out the problem

AttackingHobo
07-07-2010, 11:11 PM

I hate when people do this. If you figured out the problem, please tell us how you did so, if someone like me comes stumbling from google, the answers are expected to be here, not a dead end. Thanks guy!

jajastar
07-30-2011, 06:05 AM

could you please tell us what you did because when I play GMOD and play around with the TF2 models and props I can't spawn some items like the machete and the flamethrower and its staring to bug me (btw i have latest tf2 and Gmod)

doober187
07-30-2011, 07:32 PM
On the main menu for GMod, you'll see a button called "Extensions". click it and choose "Game Content" and check the box for TF2 and any other games you have INSTALLED, not just purchased. If you wanna check other games, install the games in Steam manually so you know you have room on your HDD, and THEN check the extension box in GMod.

jajastar
07-30-2011, 11:55 PM
On the main menu for GMod, you'll see a button called "Extensions". click it and choose "Game Content" and check the box for TF2 and any other games you have INSTALLED, not just purchased. If you wanna check other games, install the games in Steam manually so you know you have room on your HDD, and THEN check the extension box in GMod.

i did that and i have it installed and everything and yet i cant seem to get some props to work.

P.S when i look at extensions the tf2 content icon is a box instead of tf2 icon

doober187
08-01-2011, 12:51 PM
i did that and i have it installed and everything and yet i cant seem to get some props to work.

P.S when i look at extensions the tf2 content icon is a box instead of tf2 icon

Well, other than that, I don't know, because I was having the same problem, and that solution worked for me. Try uninstalling and re-installing TF2 and Gmod.

Make sure TF2 and Gmod are up to date(right click on each game in steam library and click properties:updates).