PDA

View Full Version : Where the blazes is all of my plunder going?

LTK
07-31-2009, 04:47 PM
I got Pirates! in the 2K deal pack and I'm very much enjoying the pirates' life, but there's one thing that's bugging me very much: Every time I divide my plunder, I end up with a lot less gold than my agreed share. I have about 77000 gold, as Adventurer I get 20%, which makes about 15000, and when I immediately check my status afterwards I only have about 6000 gold, which is less than half of what there should be! The manual clearly states that after dividing plunder, I resume the game with my share of gold. Or is there a mechanic I'm not aware of? Does the game spend gold on food and cannons without me knowing? More importantly, can I fix this?

Razersteel
08-02-2009, 03:27 AM
As far as I can remember (and it's been a long time since I last played this) if you choose to continue after diving your plunder the game hires you a new crew and supplies and says something about refitting your ship, though 9k does seem quite a bit much for this.

LTK
08-02-2009, 03:59 AM
Starting Another Voyage
If you choose to begin another voyage, several months pass while you
recruit crewmen and gather supplies. Eventually all is ready, and you
return to the game.
You start your new voyage with a small crew and gold equal to your
portion of the plunder.

From here (http://storefront.steampowered.com/Manuals/3920/manual.pdf?l=english&cc=NL).

I know that you do not hire new crew, because after dividing plunder the game says your old crew is amassed and your ship refitted. Not to mention how you lose all of your other ships and all of the cargo you were carrying, who gets to keep that?

MrB
01-02-2010, 09:57 AM
Dosent the game tell you that you use a bit of the money to buy a new ship or something? A long time ago i played, but thats how i remembered it.

Well, the manual did say "several months pass as you recruit crewmen and gather supplies", so I guess you use some of your share to pay for crew and supplies.

Xerxes8933A
01-11-2010, 04:06 PM
If I rememeber right, when you divide most of your share goes into your savings. Your savings counts for alot towards your rank when you retire.

JohanRos
12-26-2010, 03:45 AM
Besides, in the months between your 2 careers you live the life of a pirate captain, drinking booze, and don't forget you probably have met a girl or 2 at the governor's mansions. They cost a fortune to keep "friendly"....;)