PDA

View Full Version : Erorr authentcating libraries.

drizzel
08-02-2009, 06:20 PM
I'm making a map for Half Life 2: Deathmatch and when I run the map I get this error:

Unable to load authentcation library. Exiting...

I googled the solution to the problem and the answer I found was that there was a "leak" in my level, and I needed to put a hollowed box around it. I tried this and it didn't work.

cdlink
08-02-2009, 07:07 PM
Try starting up HL2: DM yourself and loading the map manually.

If problem continues, them feel free to upload the vmf and PM' me a link.

drizzel
08-02-2009, 07:17 PM
Try starting up HL2: DM yourself and loading the map manually.

If problem continues, them feel free to upload the vmf and PM' me a link.

I just tried to load a custom map that I know works and I got the error. The map worked before, but I think it's a problem with the game, so I'll re-install. Thanks for the help cd. I'll bump this if it doesn't fix the problem.

Edit: It didn't work. Still getting the error for all custom maps after re-installing.

cdlink
08-02-2009, 07:36 PM
I just tried to load a custom map that I know works and I got the error. The map worked before, but I think it's a problem with the game, so I'll re-install. Thanks for the help cd. I'll bump this if it doesn't fix the problem.

Edit: It didn't work. Still getting the error for all custom maps after re-installing.

Actually after thinking hard, I remember getting this error in the past.

The only way I found to cure it, was to uninstall steam delete all registry keys under the "valve" folder in the registry, then reinstall steam.

drizzel
08-02-2009, 07:48 PM
Actually after thinking hard, I remember getting this error in the past.

The only way I found to cure it, was to uninstall steam delete all registry keys under the "valve" folder in the registry, then reinstall steam.

Dang. Thats a pain.

cdlink
08-02-2009, 07:59 PM
Dang. Thats a pain.

Yep, well good luck, and feel free to PM me if this problem continues. ( it's not really a good idea to discuss generic problems in a section designed for mapping. )