PDA

View Full Version : Checking bootstrapper version ...

Mankell
06-11-2004, 10:02 AM
I have run a Linux HLDS server for some time now and im about to install it on a new station but when i try to update i just get this and noting more

./steam -update cstrike /usr/steam/hlds_l/cstrike/ my@email.com thepassw Y

Checking bootstrapper version ...

And it just stops there.
does anyone have any help to give ?

RaudeR
06-11-2004, 12:31 PM
Same with me. I run a popular aim maps server on Linux. It has been running for nearly a year.. but as recently as 2 days ago... it went down.. and when i try to run it, it just gets stuck on "Checking bootstrapper version ... " I thought it was just an issue with my box, but yes, I am having the same problem as you. Please someone help us. Thanks.

AUXILIRY1212
06-11-2004, 12:40 PM
Get the latest steam update:

wget http://users.lichtsnel.nl/~[color="#FF66FF"]♥[/color][color="#FF66FF"]♥[/color][color="#FF66FF"]♥[/color]/steam/steam

then run ./steam

It has different commands than prior versions.

RaudeR
06-11-2004, 03:02 PM
That actually doesnt seem to be it. I can't connect to that page ... and after further investigation cannot ping to any outside ip's .. Although the server ( 216.130.151.18 ) is up and I can ping it. I don't think it could be any update to steam since I set my server to automatically update. I think there is some network problem for me. Any help would be nice but I suspect I will have to talk to the guy who runs the server to see what the problem is. Thanks.

johnjg75
06-12-2004, 12:10 AM
im having the same problem and mine comes up with
"Aborted (core dumped)"

Spirit1982
06-14-2004, 03:34 PM
Hi,

i have the same Problem.

I have the last Steam Update.....

Checking bootstrapper version comes and than stop it....

Pls help

phace
06-15-2004, 12:52 PM
I have a similar problem, im getting:

Checking bootstrapper version ...
Creating Account
AuthenticationServerRSAPublicKey failed signature verifcation

Im not installing it under root. Any ideas?

rampid360
06-15-2004, 05:36 PM
Ok - I have NEVER had any problems whatsoever until this last update - so im guessing that it IS in fact update related.

This is not the cure - but its a temporary fix.

Remove the -autoupdate from your command line.

Upside: you dont have to "check bootstrapper version" - because it is not going to attempt an update.

Downside - if someone decides that they need to reboot their server using rcon quit -- (god knows why these kids think this is necessary...) -- the server will NOT come back online and you will have to run it manually.

As for installing clean or updating - i cant help - I am now having the same problem (although maybe one out of a hundred trys will get past the "checking bootstrapper" crap)

Hopefully someone can find out why this is happening - but until then, goodluck to all of us :-/

Spirit1982
06-23-2004, 09:37 PM
Hi,

ich have found the Problem....

You must go out of the root Directery from the Server....

Go to \root\server\hlds and make this new......

Than will running.....

P.S. Sorry 4 my very very bad english