PDA

View Full Version : How do you use mods.

mp3playergod
08-09-2009, 04:01 PM
I have downloaded a couple of mods but how do i use them.

Abyssio
08-11-2009, 12:36 AM
put them in the "modules" folder. Launch the game via steam as you normally do and the game menu prompts. But instead of choosing "native" in the drop box you choose the mods you wanna play instead.

earofcorn
04-26-2010, 02:35 PM
same problem for me, I got the recruiter Mod 1.20, says it's "Native Based" so there is nothing to choose from...... Put it in Mods Folder.... What else is there to do?

CarloTheCurious
04-26-2010, 02:40 PM
There isn't a "Mods" folder. Did you mean "Modules", or did you create a new folder?

'native-based' might imply that you should have installed it into native, but it would depend how the mod is packaged - you should really ask wherever you got the mod from.

earofcorn
04-26-2010, 04:05 PM
There isn't a "Mods" folder. Did you mean "Modules", or did you create a new folder?

'native-based' might imply that you should have installed it into native, but it would depend how the mod is packaged - you should really ask wherever you got the mod from.

I put it in the Modules folder, that's what I meant, thanks.

As for asking who made it, I have been trying to get through to TaleWorlds for a while, for some reason I can't post on their forums (account validation problems), but it's on their website. Recruiter Mod 1.20 pretty basic mod. If anyone has any help to offer, please do, and thank you.

CarloTheCurious
04-26-2010, 04:51 PM
I don't see it in the mods forum (for warband or the original)...

EDIT: Found it (Recruiter kit (http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,62538.0.html)). It's a self-extracting exe file, by the looks of it - you'll need to run it, and then select the mod from the drop-down.

earofcorn
05-11-2010, 12:55 AM
Okay i've tried and tried again, but here's where i'm at. I downloaded the Mod. Installed it to Program Files, M&B Warband, Modules.... After this I would think it should work fine. But having reinstalled, and even redownloaded I cannot see what the problem is. There is no option to choose another "Current Module" before loading up the game, the only option is Native. Anyone tried this Mod or care to try it and see what i'm doing wrong? The download literally takes 30 seconds. Please help me out if you can, thanks.

protyx
05-11-2010, 03:01 AM
If, for example, your mod is called Somemod - the path should be like
C:/Program Files/M&B Warband/Modules/Somemod
where the somemod folder contains files and folders similar to the Native folder.

earofcorn
05-11-2010, 12:03 PM
right, i've done that. I added it into the steam apps >> M&B Warband >> Modules Folder also, seems that's the right place to put it, i didn't realize I had 2 different M&B folders. Anyways now that I have done this I ran into a different problem! The freakin patch thinks I have version 8. somthing, and as you well know, since I am running it off steam, I have version 1.113. Very silly. If anyone gets this mod working or one like it PLEASE LET ME KNOW. God it would save a LOT of time and energy.

protyx
05-12-2010, 06:03 AM
right, i've done that. I added it into the steam apps >> M&B Warband >> Modules Folder also, seems that's the right place to put it, i didn't realize I had 2 different M&B folders. Anyways now that I have done this I ran into a different problem! The freakin patch thinks I have version 8. somthing, and as you well know, since I am running it off steam, I have version 1.113. Very silly. If anyone gets this mod working or one like it PLEASE LET ME KNOW. God it would save a LOT of time and energy.

Recruiter kit is for M&B ORIGINAL, not warband, as far as i can tell. There is a separate subforum for warband mods.