PDA

View Full Version : Time Shift ! wont launch pls help!!

tobysavell
08-11-2009, 01:28 PM
Hi i downloaded timeshift from steam. all sucessfilly installed so it tells me, but when i launch the game it says preparing to launch...... then nothing a window flashes up and disapears. i have tried steams trouble shooting but havecome to the end of my teather.. please help

I have halflfe and it plays fine.

any suggestios welcome

toby

The.Th!ng
08-16-2009, 03:18 PM
Check your hardware specs against the game's hardware requirements.

pureobscure
08-17-2009, 07:24 PM
I've heard about some people having to use older video drivers to get Time Shift to launch. If you have an NVIDIA card, 169.04 is what people recommended when I was experiencing a similar problem.

I didn't actually need the older driver, btw, I wound up uninstalling, reinstalling and then applying the 1.02 patch to get it to work (retail version).

oblivion20
08-20-2009, 01:35 PM
I've got exactly the same problem. I've tried changing drivers, uninstalling and reinstalling etc and it still doesn't work.

Flashes up in a small box for about 2 seconds then stops instantly. Theres no support information with this either which makes my purchase of 9.99 a complete and utter waste...

oblivion20
08-20-2009, 08:06 PM
Seems I've worked out how to fix it!

Download rivatuner if you already dont use it and click on the lower "customise" tab button then go to the direct x/3d tab. Go to texture tab then choose direct x8 and tick the bottom two items which are the only two ones which are unticked. Worked for me instantly

meimeiriver
08-27-2010, 07:15 PM
Seems I've worked out how to fix it!

Download rivatuner if you already dont use it and click on the lower "customise" tab button then go to the direct x/3d tab. Go to texture tab then choose direct x8 and tick the bottom two items which are the only two ones which are unticked. Worked for me instantly

That was a good tip! Unfortunately, while Timeshift starts up now, it crashing now while 'Loading' (shaders).

STEAM really totally screwed me on this game! And yes, that will affect my future purchases. I'm not so deluded as to think they care about that. In fact, I know they don't; which is part of the problem, isn't it?

Smerjel
08-20-2011, 04:52 PM
Also have this product but Steam have yet to deliver what I payed for. Game wont run. A window pops up, just like others describe here, but nothing else happens.

i7 975
6gb ram
rampage III extreme
intel x25-m g2
gtx580 @ sli
TTT 1200w
w7u64 - fresh install.

nvidia 280.26

mrblank
08-21-2011, 06:12 AM
runs fine on my 570gtx, non sli

SpiderByte
10-24-2011, 01:54 PM
I don't have an Nvidia card, so I have no idea how to get this damn thing to run.