PDA

View Full Version : Gabe Asked? (Portal 2, or Counter-Strike 2)?

Pages : 1 [2]

PUGS1688
11-30-2009, 05:41 PM
i think CS:2 is immanent, Even more so if they dont want to update CS:S with what it deserves to have. New game modes, many more maps. New engine updates, cool snow effects, Maybe some new factions, and lets not forget the all important volume sensitive animated mouths, maybe some expressions like in TF2 Or maybe.. customizable facial expressions. and last and most important DIVE-ABLE VEHICLES WITH MAPS TO GO WITH THEM....

Ummm...not that....

TreeRat
11-30-2009, 07:36 PM
If they want to compete with MW2 then they should. But then again they are pretty much co-partners with them now that they use steam and vac.

surfrock22
11-30-2009, 10:13 PM
If they want to compete with MW2 then they should. But then again they are pretty much co-partners with them now that they use steam and vac.

They don't need to; there will be another COD game in less than a year. People still play CS and CS:S regularly; there is no need for such competition, and I think Valve should be planning for the long run..

Akudama89
11-30-2009, 10:31 PM

lol? why would they need to compete with MW2? it's a failure of a game for one and like the post above me, COD, though fun, is released almost every year, it may be popular, and get a lot of sales, but it's not as long lasting as CS, or really any valve game, especially considering the fact MW has no dedicated servers, mods, or maps

granted, i still want a CS2 on a new engine, but that's besides the point lol

whisperity
02-21-2010, 11:15 AM
As far as I know, the succeed for Valve and FPS gameplay was Counter Strike. That game created a legend and (was the first in it's kind) so much people still play it (nevermind that in my opinion CS1.6 is an obsolate game).

CoD ia a great game, but so overhyped and they end out in an EPIC FAIL (like WaW and MW2 done)

But, my choice is Portal 2 :)

doykA
02-21-2010, 11:43 AM
As far as I know, the succeed for Valve and FPS gameplay was Counter Strike. That game created a legend and (was the first in it's kind) so much people still play it (nevermind that in my opinion CS1.6 is an obsolate game).

CoD ia a great game, but so overhyped and they end out in an EPIC FAIL (like WaW and MW2 done)

But, my choice is Portal 2 :)

Hello stupid.

TerryWogan
02-21-2010, 12:33 PM
id rather have portal 2 as long as it has multiplayer (unlikely...?)

and I can just play tactical intervention if I want a new cs game (im not even that keen on cs but im still looking forward to checking TI out)

now im off before im insulted

Kidrage
02-21-2010, 12:36 PM
Hello stupid.

What are you talking about?...

And yeah Terry, I would like Portal2 as well :) first was a blast, but I still would say a new Counter-Strike, a new part for the Half-Life series, then the good Portal :)

doykA
02-21-2010, 03:40 PM
What are you talking about?...

And yeah Terry, I would like Portal2 as well :) first was a blast, but I still would say a new Counter-Strike, a new part for the Half-Life series, then the good Portal :)

Want me to bump some six months old threads?

Kidrage
02-21-2010, 05:55 PM
You bump'd your thread many times in one day. Some people want to put their opinion here. If you don't like it, post elsewhere.

doykA
02-22-2010, 01:46 AM
You bump'd your thread many times in one day. Some people want to put their opinion here. If you don't like it, post elsewhere.

Their opinion? the threads six months old, he'd have to go back at least 3-4 pages to find it.

Good idea to bump dead threads.

WestRaptor
02-22-2010, 06:47 AM
I have a feeling cs2( considering they do it) will come out with hl3 just like source did.Showcase what ever engine and stuff they do for hl3 just like source did for hl2.. then prolly do another ob type thing with mybe tf3 and the etc prolly portal 2.. idk makes sense me to as thats what they did in the past and it worked ;)

Dekertt927
02-23-2010, 09:24 AM
Their opinion? the threads six months old, he'd have to go back at least 3-4 pages to find it.

Good idea to post threads about fake problems in CSS.

partofthefuture
02-23-2010, 09:32 AM

Don't you care? You say like its your own forum and you don't have space on your HDD to keep these topics. Ridiculous person :)

The_Unoriginal
02-23-2010, 05:25 PM
Counter-Strike was before Halo and CoD, and I'm pretty sure it will outlast them without a new game. How could you make it better?

Dark~Horizon
02-24-2010, 07:04 AM
I have a feeling cs2( considering they do it) will come out with hl3 just like source did.Showcase what ever engine and stuff they do for hl3 just like source did for hl2.. then prolly do another ob type thing with mybe tf3 and the etc prolly portal 2.. idk makes sense me to as thats what they did in the past and it worked ;)

It "worked"?

"Showcasing" what the engine can do is the last thing valve should ever do (have done...) with CS. Gamers playing team-fps online don't want gimmicks, resource hogging "features" or interferences with gameplay. CSS has all three and as a result split the community.

If the honchos at valve haven't learnt their lesson they deserve to be fired.

rinx5
02-24-2010, 12:56 PM
All CS2 needs is new maps that come out every 4 weeks and bug fixes. Some new guns(like scar xm8)keep the old guns(Awp scout m4)no new modes(but that one mode in 1.5).Have it come with hl3 when it comes out with new dx11 graphics and new engine.CSS is good it does not need updates and we need hl2ep3 and P2 first before CS2.have fun with CSS

crollo
02-25-2010, 02:07 PM
we have 3 c-strike games

No "we" don't.

"We" Only have ONE cs game, and that is source.

"We" Did not make cs 1.6, or that expansion pack called 'cz'.

"We" Only made source.

1rapture
02-25-2010, 02:56 PM
I would be all over a CSS v2 so long as it was as smooth, and stables as CSS

zsjb
02-27-2010, 02:50 PM
counterstrike 2 !

robitii
03-03-2010, 01:26 PM
http://www.vg247.com/2010/03/03/rumour-portal-2-to-get-gdc-reveal-next-week/
well this could suck

Kidrage
03-03-2010, 06:40 PM
I say we just wait until E3 to see if they announce anything.

robitii
03-05-2010, 10:03 AM
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2010/03/05/its-portal-2/
so yeah... cs2 is dead

dat1337vet
03-05-2010, 10:16 AM
Gabe didn't listen. I guarantee almost no one emailed in for portal

skacikplz
03-05-2010, 10:16 AM
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2010/03/05/its-portal-2/
so yeah... cs2 is dead

you guys know "FFFFFUUU" comics? , because i think i looked like the FFFUUU guy right now

Kidrage
03-05-2010, 10:39 AM
Gabe didn't listen. I guarantee almost no one emailed in for portal

I'm sure a lot did since Portals' a very popular game, and a lot of people like it more then CS:S.

dat1337vet
03-05-2010, 10:48 AM
CSS has 79,455 players playing even though it hasn't had a noteworthy update in years

only 1,332 people are playing portal despite it just being updated and all the buzz surrounding the announcement of portal 2

geniusreddy
03-05-2010, 11:35 AM
I'm sure a lot did since Portals' a very popular game, and a lot of people like it more then CS:S.

You've got no idea what you're talking about lol.

Kidrage
03-05-2010, 03:10 PM
You think it won game of the year with five users?

PwettyPony
03-06-2010, 04:11 PM
You think it won game of the year with five users?

5 is but a fraction of CS' success, lets not even talk about the old player base.

Al gore won a lot of awards too, wheres your global warming now bish.

Its not about quality, but about how the playerbase receives it.
Otherwise Great games like World in Conflict would never die, and great companies like Origin never close.

Pwntmaster
03-06-2010, 06:55 PM
I'd rather see portal integrated into a half-life game than a sequel of pure portal, I kinda thought that was the whole point. I'd vote for CS:2.

Hiroshima
03-06-2010, 11:12 PM
WTF! I know more CSS players said yes. This is BS!

Kidrage
03-06-2010, 11:41 PM
WTF! I know more CSS players said yes. This is BS!

I wouldn't think that until I saw some proof. A lot of people love CS:S just as is (Like me). No need to ruin it with a worthless addition to it and ruin the series unless we have a new engine.

Also, a lot of people love Portal, and it's actually quite fun. :) I will be on that when it's out. Only problem is once you beat it, it's a bit odd to play -.-

ICantShoot
03-07-2010, 03:58 AM
portal2 before cs2, is he joking?

Also please join http://steamcommunity.com/groups/updatecssplease

Looks like he did not joke about it. Portal 2 is coming at October.

Flat Face
03-07-2010, 08:21 AM
There will never be "Counter Strike 2"

There was the original Counter strike which was bought by valve and updated with CZ then updated years later with CS 1.6 then again even later with source.

They no doubt will update CS with a new game but it won't be CS 2 it'll be CS *new engine name*

PS: Portal > Counter Strike.

partofthefuture
03-07-2010, 09:04 AM
There will never be "Counter Strike 2"

There was the original Counter strike which was bought by valve and updated with CZ then updated years later with CS 1.6 then again even later with source.

They no doubt will update CS with a new game but it won't be CS 2 it'll be CS *new engine name*

PS: Portal > Counter Strike.

You deserve -1 rep :cool:. Gabe said (look in Gametrailers.com his discussion) himself that they don't know what to release first? Portal 2 or CS 2. So all your said words are totally nothing here ;)

LTCHIPS
03-07-2010, 10:38 AM
CSS will probably be updated if not with multicore support, they will at least update it with the same stats page as TF2, DoD:S, and CS1.6.

Yeah, but wouldn't the engine have to be updated to the orange box engine in order for that to happen? That would leave low end users behind, and there's still a lot of people playing CSS with very outdated hardware. I'm guessing that's why valve hasn't updated the engine that much.

Hiroshima
03-07-2010, 07:18 PM
Yeah, but wouldn't the engine have to be updated to the orange box engine in order for that to happen? That would leave low end users behind, and there's still a lot of people playing CSS with very outdated hardware. I'm guessing that's why valve hasn't updated the engine that much.
Times change, you can't have these things holding people back. And I am not saying update the game to hardware standards of Crysis. But a new engine and eye candy is needed.

Dualmatrix
03-08-2010, 06:57 PM
It's a shame that Portal 2 is coming out. I've been waiting for CS2 forever. There's something about CSS that can't be replaced by CoD:MW or BFBC.

I'm rather disappointed... when will CS2 come out? I want to see new game engine that rivals or surpasses Unreal 3 engine and CryEngine 3. And I want to see new weapons (the latest up to date weapons in real life).

cordoba10
03-09-2010, 11:00 AM
I think its better to update css and make a portal 2, i like cs more then portal but i think that css is cool because of the ghraphics it has now, however i would like an weapon update or something, idk?

perrapaap
03-11-2010, 05:08 AM
They could remove alot of the bad weapons and replace them with the new ones. UMP and half of the pistols.

phillipjfry6
03-15-2010, 07:08 AM
Well, Counter Strike doesn't really have a storyline, and it could be made better with simple updates instead of a large-scale sequel. While Portal 2 has a cliffhanger ending, and a bunch of people begging for more.