PDA

View Full Version : Gabe Asked? (Portal 2, or Counter-Strike 2)?

Pages : [1] 2

GOMER44
08-14-2009, 03:19 AM
http://www.gametrailers.com/episode/gametrailers-tv/67?ch=4&sd=1

At 18:15, Gabe Said,
In order to make sure my mailbox is once again completely FULL,

"People should send me a Ranked Order
of the Squeals that
they would like to see us do,

Send it to gaben@valvesoftware.com,

Tell us which is more important Portal 2, or Counter-Strike 2?"Gabe

What about your list, personally?

"Personally, Portal 2 would probably be,....MY,
the thing I would be most excited to be working on!"Gabe

Please,
Right now,
let his Mailbox Have it!

updatecss
08-14-2009, 03:26 AM
portal2 before cs2, is he joking?

Also please join http://steamcommunity.com/groups/updatecssplease

Hells High
08-14-2009, 03:38 AM
I enjoyed Portal more than I have ever enjoyed CS, so my pick would most likely have to be for Portal 2, however I can already feel 800000 "WTF"s coming my way now. :]

AndyMosh
08-14-2009, 04:00 AM
why post if you say Portal 2 before CS2. You are just gonna get flamed..

Like we have had this buggy piece of ♥♥♥♥ for 5 years and Portal isn't even multi-player. WE want a better MULTI-PLAYER experience where there aren't as many bugs and we can have a decent game without raging.

perrapaap
08-14-2009, 04:44 AM
CSS will probably be updated if not with multicore support, they will at least update it with the same stats page as TF2, DoD:S, and CS1.6.

Nora
08-14-2009, 05:11 AM
we have 3 c-strike games ( cs1.6 , cz and cs-source ) why you guys want cs2? i think the best is to update cs-source to repair some of the important bug's.

Directx10
08-14-2009, 05:22 AM
i'd only want cs2 if its in a new engine

Akudama89
08-14-2009, 05:39 AM
we have 3 c-strike games ( cs1.6 , cz and cs-source ) why you guys want cs2? i think the best is to update cs-source to repair some of the important bug's.

actually there are 5 CS games, CS 1.6, CZ, CSS, CS Neo, and CS Online, but why CS2? CSS is the latest graphically enhanced version of the game....from 2004, it's 2009 now, and almost 2010, do i really need to explain it easier?

DedicatedToGame
08-14-2009, 05:53 AM
actually there are 5 CS games, CS 1.6, CZ, CSS, CS Neo, and CS Online, but why CS2? CSS is the latest graphically enhanced version of the game....from 2004, it's 2009 now, and almost 2010, do i really need to explain it easier?

:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
CS Neo, CS Online and other ♥♥♥♥ slike that is a korean bullcrap, it's not a Valve product.

Cypher__
08-14-2009, 06:44 AM
I'd prefer it if they fixed and patched the current CS before they move onto another CS.

Snooc
08-14-2009, 07:11 AM
How can he think that the "update" we got a "few weeks ago" counts..?
It didn't do ♥♥♥♥.. WHAT ARE THEY THINKING?

Dark~Horizon
08-14-2009, 07:12 AM
I'd prefer it if they fixed and patched the current CS before they move onto another CS.

I wouldn't. It's good enough to play as it is (look how many people do).

They have to do something though, either work on a new one or make the old as perfect as it can be...

mikejaxer
08-14-2009, 08:37 AM
CS2 please

TBH i tried portal 2, but it hasnt really got any replayability, i finished it and then... and that was the last time.
the only time portal 2 is worth it is when it comes in a pack like the orange box

Critical Hit!
08-14-2009, 09:01 AM
Po... Co... GAH I CANT DECIDE D:

Lider_V
08-14-2009, 10:56 AM
CS2 is my pick... Obviously

Neo Cool Dude
08-14-2009, 11:02 AM
I would really like to see CS2, but I really think they need to keep SOME elements of gameplay while adding new ones. And if all the 1337 pr0s don't like it they can go back and play CSS.

NarooN
08-14-2009, 11:40 AM
Give us Portal 2 (which should be the last Portal) and UPDATE CSS.

skoops
08-14-2009, 12:22 PM
This is what i reckon will happen

Half life 2 episode 3
potal 2
CSS updated
LFD3
TF3
Half life 3
portal 3
CS2

Akudama89
08-14-2009, 12:27 PM
:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
CS Neo, CS Online and other ♥♥♥♥ slike that is a korean bullcrap, it's not a Valve product.

Actually....CS Neo is developed by valve

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Counter-Strike_Neo

And CS Online is Published by Valve

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Counter-Strike_Online

So technically, yes, they are valve products

djkissmybum
08-14-2009, 12:49 PM
I pick up CS2 ans say no to Portal 2... CS FOREVA. Portal played and forgot, but CS you play and play and play ...

d_YeN
08-14-2009, 01:47 PM
CS2 please

TBH i tried portal 2, but it hasnt really got any replayability, i finished it and then... and that was the last time.
the only time portal 2 is worth it is when it comes in a pack like the orange box

Cool, end discussion... portal 2 is out and done :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

CSS2 or a new Counter Strike would be nice :)

WhiteWingDemon
08-14-2009, 02:10 PM
I don't see why they can't just update CSS. Honestly, what more could they do with a whole new game? Better graphics? I don't care too much about graphics. CSS at the highest settings is more than good enough for me.

Mark316
08-14-2009, 02:19 PM
CS2 nao pl0x VALVe, kthx

Nora
08-14-2009, 02:26 PM
Actually....CS Neo is developed by valve

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Counter-Strike_Neo

And CS Online is Published by Valve

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Counter-Strike_Online

So technically, yes, they are valve products

ok.........but why is not for sale on STEAM ? so pls dont post stupid things.
================================================== ========================

i dont want better graphics ,i want just BUG free GAME to play,you all want CS2 and the CS2 will be like css and maybe full of bugs and whit verry good Graphics, you will buy that game? AGAIN ? look at css....so please dont make the history too repeat AGAIN !!!!! .

NarooN
08-14-2009, 07:02 PM

i dont want better graphics ,i want just BUG free GAME to play,you all want CS2 and the CS2 will be like css and maybe full of bugs and whit verry good Graphics, you will buy that game? AGAIN ? look at css....so please dont make the history too repeat AGAIN !!!!! .

Don't be stupid, kid. You said they weren't Valve products, and he clearly annihilated what you said and proved you wrong. They aren't on Steam because they were made specifically for those regions they are exclusive to.

Gore-wrath
08-15-2009, 12:47 AM
I would actually want CS2 first, just because CS has been out for so long and I want something else to sink my teeth in even though I love portal.

Miidgi
08-15-2009, 12:47 AM
This is what i reckon will happen

Half life 2 episode 3
potal 2
CSS updated
LFD3
TF3
Half life 3
portal 3
CS2

LOL I wish that wasn't exactly right. @ the rate they're going, though, I'd through L4D4 in there too haha. And put CSS updated at the bottom because it will apparently never happen.

Akudama89
08-15-2009, 01:53 AM

Yes, i'm posting stupid things, in response to exactly what the guy commented about, hm...he said they didn't have anything to do with valve and i proved him wrong, and you say since i proved him wrong, i'm posting "stupid" things, who's posting stupid things now? they are valve products, they are not available on steam, because they are only for certain areas of the world, who says valve has to offer any game they either make, or publish, on steam?

fLip.is.sic
08-15-2009, 02:16 AM
Counter-Strike 2 FTW :D

Noubazor
08-15-2009, 06:16 AM
I created a group to support this idea

CSS updated + Portal 2

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/cssUpdatedAndPortal2

ps : other group to update CSS :

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/updatecssplease?action=join
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/PUCSS

ofc
08-15-2009, 06:24 AM
CS2 please

Download map packs...

I can complete portal in 30-40 mins, but i cant do that with some of the map packs.

Try http://portalmaps.wecreatestuff.com/

Iuet
08-15-2009, 07:34 AM
tbh i'd choose portal2

cs2 would have more playability of course, but i need to know how aperture science fits in to half life :)

terrah1941
08-15-2009, 07:45 AM
Portal = 3 hours of fun
Counter-Strike: Source = many many hours of fun like 200 hours for me and still going.
CS2 all the way or engine update, new weapons and some new maps :D and i would be happy

Akudama89
08-15-2009, 11:18 AM
tbh i'd choose portal2

cs2 would have more playability of course, but i need to know how aperture science fits in to half life :)

well that should be explained in Ep3....lol

djkissmybum
08-15-2009, 12:20 PM
Portal = 3 hours of fun
Counter-Strike: Source = many many hours of fun like 200 hours for me and still going.
CS2 all the way or engine update, new weapons and some new maps :D and i would be happy

New engine at the 1st place. I will wait as long as needed. I really don't like upgraded Source engine. The more its upgraded the more bugs we see

alchemistlord
08-15-2009, 12:30 PM
Portal = 3 hours of fun

Yes, but cs 2? Why not make updates?

Kryptn
08-15-2009, 01:16 PM
In b4 maelstrom of raving lunatics. Couldn't remember other password.

I'm suprised this place hasen't overflowed with fans by now at the possibility of a new counter strike. It would be hard to make a sequel to perfection.

FriedRice27
08-15-2009, 02:10 PM
Wheres this update that was released a couple of weeks ago, that Gabe speaks of?
My update history ends at January 29th, 2009...unless my steam didn't update the history and I missed seeing an update.

WhiteWingDemon
08-15-2009, 03:32 PM
A lot of these posts are facepalms.
If they released a new Counter Strike, there would just as many bugs in that as there are in Counter Strike: Source. You'd just have new graphics, weapons, and levels. If you prefer new graphics over updates that will improve the system, I might have to say you're a shallow gamer.

Kryptn
08-15-2009, 06:16 PM
If they released a new Counter Strike, there would just as many bugs in that as there are in Counter Strike: Source. You'd just have new graphics, weapons, and levels. If you prefer new graphics over updates that will improve the system, I might have to say you're a shallow gamer.

Something new needs to be put into the system, it's like the choice between maintaining an old favorite car, or buying a new, more effective prototype that can be expanded on and look sleeker while only doing routine maintainence on the old car.
Also, the dedicated fan based modding community does just fine making custom maps and the like.
And I'm not shallow for liking new additions to a great series.
I play 1.6 as much as source albiet not as competitively, and I keep an old cs6.6 beta lying around for the fond memories. But seriously, cs is old and it needs a little revitalization, not only to the pro gaming circut, but to the ♥♥♥♥♥ style chaotic pubs as well.

Whippy
08-15-2009, 08:41 PM

I prefer a new game (Cs2) over updates because of better graphics (call me what you will) and that Valve will be more apt to resolve glitches on a new game. CSS was never really a full port of Its gold-source predecessor. Aside from its share of bugs, there was never official "VIP" map/mode, and there was no shield to date. CSS was released as a beta with one character model per team, and they updated as they felt necessary. Seeing how its gotten no real updates/fixes (in quite some time) Its obvious that nothing will happen with it at this point.

However from valve's perspective why bother developing a new CS. It would only take away from the pure profit sales that CSS is generating. The game was released almost 5 years ago and has always been in the top 10 sellers since. It makes money, and (from business perspective) if it is not "broke", it should not be fixed.

Dérdon
08-15-2009, 10:12 PM
CS2 needs to happen over updates because of ease of fixing problems with the new engine, which will be so much more advanced it'll have to be paid for. Which I have no problem with.

kimd41
08-16-2009, 01:37 PM
CS2 please! I sent my email :)

Gunner063
08-16-2009, 02:18 PM

i dont even consider cz as cs its terrible and source is 5 years old and 1.6 is 10 yrs old so its time for a new one

Akudama89
08-16-2009, 02:30 PM
Wheres this update that was released a couple of weeks ago, that Gabe speaks of?
My update history ends at January 29th, 2009...unless my steam didn't update the history and I missed seeing an update.

I'm also confused by that statement...

Froggie567
08-16-2009, 03:20 PM
+1. Where's this update we're supposed to have recieved a few weeks ago?

Akudama89
08-16-2009, 04:18 PM
It almost makes me think he was meaning L4D yet said CSS....lol

Kryptn
08-16-2009, 05:53 PM
It almost makes me think he was meaning L4D yet said CSS....lol

But l4d2was already revealed. CS2 would be like pong 2, it's hard to improve greatness.

Xman
08-16-2009, 06:08 PM
Portal was a good game but Counter-Strike is definitely more worth of a sequel. If they can't update the game, then make a new one.

OmegaXtreme420
08-16-2009, 07:34 PM
i quit playing css pretty much if i could get multicore support or something that would make me want to come back

Kryptn
08-16-2009, 08:17 PM
i quit playing css pretty much if i could get multicore support or something that would make me want to come back

Is that all you care about? I have a high end duo core and I leave multi core rendering off most of the time for framerate. Little graphical quirks like that are nice, but they don't make cs what it is. It's still the best tournament style fps with or without little settings like that, that usually get turned off in fps configs anyway.

radracer
08-16-2009, 08:58 PM
CS2 offcourse...

Things I would like to see come out of this version

- VIP Modes
- quick defuse built into the game
- be able to buy certain upgrades for weapons
- in snipering, scope should sway while standing, if crouched or lying down. it should not move.
- terminator mode - have a small group of guys attack a larger group with x-amount of health
- zombie mode - not like the mod-addon where you knife the guy and you instally become a zombie. it should be like they are a wave of zombies and the opposite team has to defend them off.
- be able to have vehicals in game. Should be like if you shoot a tire, it either pops or just slows down. turret guns in certain areas?

be interesting if they had these features.

donst really matter tbh. Just be cool if they had some new funk to this game.

g859
08-16-2009, 08:59 PM
I'm also confused by that statement...

+1. Where's this update we're supposed to have recieved a few weeks ago?

I think he meant 1.6. It was updated July 15th.

I want only a few things in CS2:

Updated graphics
All *popular* competitive maps from CSS ported, updated, and included in CS2
Customizable HUD to suit individual tastes
New maps that further improve the competitive scene of Counter-Strike
Fixed netcode for better hit-registry

OmegaXtreme420
08-16-2009, 09:55 PM
Is that all you care about? I have a high end duo core and I leave multi core rendering off most of the time for framerate. Little graphical quirks like that are nice, but they don't make cs what it is. It's still the best tournament style fps with or without little settings like that, that usually get turned off in fps configs anyway.

weird after u posted this i started css and now it runs good? lol weird how does that help with framerate?

Kryptn
08-17-2009, 02:05 AM
I think he meant 1.6. It was updated July 15th.

I want only a few things in CS2:

Updated graphics
All *popular* competitive maps from CSS ported, updated, and included in CS2
Customizable HUD to suit individual tastes
New maps that further improve the competitive scene of Counter-Strike
Fixed netcode for better hit-registry

You can already legally (most leagues allow) edit your hud, google "inpact hud tweaker" don't get too fancy.

Also good for removing hud for movies but moviecfgs work better.

djkissmybum
08-17-2009, 08:23 AM
I don't care about Hlep3 and Portal 2. Better CS2 then these 2 games, because we are pro gamers and love this game. AS for me - I forgot when was playing something. CS rules!!! Gabe look at our eyes and you will see our wish of having CS2

Chops
08-17-2009, 04:49 PM
I enjoyed Portal more than I have ever enjoyed CS, so my pick would most likely have to be for Portal 2, however I can already feel 800000 "WTF"s coming my way now. :]

You kid obviously want the attention.

Kryptn
08-17-2009, 05:30 PM
I wonder when this will explode in to something huge with hundreds of posts and media attention.

ihira
08-17-2009, 05:38 PM
If its just something like CS 1.6 > CSS which is 98% same gameplay and nothing new, I'd much rather see a Portal 2.

beckerod
08-17-2009, 08:18 PM
why post if you say Portal 2 before CS2. You are just gonna get flamed..

Like we have had this buggy piece of ♥♥♥♥ for 5 years and Portal isn't even multi-player. WE want a better MULTI-PLAYER experience where there aren't as many bugs and we can have a decent game without raging.Yes but I don't want to buy yet ANOTHER game that will be 50 dollars after release

TroubleAhead
08-17-2009, 09:41 PM
If I had to pick, of course I would say CS2. But with the lame support source has seen, why do you think CS2 would be any better? I say update CSS, and get it up to par with todays world. Then focus on all the other games you want. I would expect to see CS2 in 2014. I seem to remember Gabe saying they wouldn't put out a CS2 in less than 10 years. I would post a link, but it's completely off of memory, and he said it a long time ago.

NarooN
08-17-2009, 09:45 PM
I kinda don't want Counter-Strike 2. Do you guys even know what would happen?

Pre-existing CS and CSS fans get pissed because of lack of support (oh wow)
CS2 would have 50 kajillion issues from day one and the community wouldn't be satisfied for at least well over a year
CSS players would gather and launch a real-life revolt due to CSS still being neglected

Portal was an alright game, at best. Nice concept, but stale gameplay, which I guess can be extended by mods and community maps, etc. but I mean, I'm not gonna really be too excited for another hour-long adventure.

Had nice atmosphere and such but it got old fast. Beat it my 2nd time and was done.

Kryptn
08-17-2009, 10:44 PM
I kinda don't want Counter-Strike 2. Do you guys even know what would happen?

Pre-existing CS and CSS fans get jarateed because of lack of support (oh wow)
CS2 would have 50 kajillion issues from day one and the community wouldn't be satisfied for at least well over a year
CSS players would gather and launch a real-life revolt due to CSS still being neglected

Portal was an alright game, at best. Nice concept, but stale gameplay, which I guess can be extended by mods and community maps, etc. but I mean, I'm not gonna really be too excited for another hour-long adventure.

Had nice atmosphere and such but it got old fast. Beat it my 2nd time and was done.

LOL most css players are dumb little kids (on the pubs)

TroubleAhead
08-17-2009, 11:13 PM
LOL most video game players are dumb little kids (on the pubs)

Fixed your post. Thanks. There will always be some "elite" crowd of people that say this. I agree, but it's just reality. To say it again and again since the inception of the internet seems to get old, and is just one more reason to despise the older players (of which I am a part of, probably older than most here).

hl2_exe
08-17-2009, 11:41 PM
Fixed your post. Thanks. There will always be some "elite" crowd of people that say this. I agree, but it's just reality. To say it again and again since the inception of the internet seems to get old, and is just one more reason to despise the older players (of which I am a part of, probably older than most here).

Not really. The ppl who bag kids and counterstrike in general are the ones who never had the skill. Its their way to dismiss it and feel better about themselves. To these people I say go play COD on xbox or some g-hey tactical game.

RELLIKvv12
08-17-2009, 11:42 PM
I wonder what css2 would be like.... :)

Kryptn
08-17-2009, 11:44 PM
I wonder what css2 would be like.... :)

I wonder what cz 2 would be like.

Coop scenarios?

TroubleAhead
08-18-2009, 12:13 AM
Not really. The ppl who bag kids and counterstrike in general are the ones who never had the skill. Its their way to dismiss it and feel better about themselves. To these people I say go play COD on xbox or some g-hey tactical game.

Well I play wii resort pretty regular. Does that count?

eggbucket
08-18-2009, 03:14 AM
Sent him my response for a CSS update and/or cs2.

Said "thanks."

:P

Dark-Force
08-18-2009, 05:29 AM
They need to make CS2 the ultimate Competitive FPS like how blizzard are making SC2 the ultimate RTS

ripcord47
08-18-2009, 06:29 AM
SO there you have it valve still arnt working on anything counterstrike related.

netygraph
08-18-2009, 06:36 AM
Definitely Counter-Strike 2:

- Multiplayer
- It's gonna have ♥♥♥♥load of maps and game styles when people come up with new maps

djkissmybum
08-18-2009, 03:25 PM
Yes but I don't want to buy yet ANOTHER game that will be 50 dollars after release

Simply - don't buy it

djkissmybum
08-18-2009, 03:27 PM
SO there you have it valve still arnt working on anything counterstrike related.

source? :rolleyes:

Kryptn
08-18-2009, 04:00 PM
They need to make CS2 the ultimate Competitive FPS like how blizzard are making SC2 the ultimate RTS

Near impossible, it already is.

ŁΣŘИ
08-18-2009, 04:28 PM
update cs:s and thats it. CS2 will most probably be ♥♥♥♥, iron sights, larger hitboxes, commercial ♥♥♥♥ etc.

Kryptn
08-18-2009, 04:50 PM
update cs:s and thats it. CS2 will most probably be ♥♥♥♥, iron sights, larger hitboxes, commercial ♥♥♥♥ etc.

There's already a thread on that.

And this is why there's a community forum, you pessimist.

Anti-Flash
08-18-2009, 07:17 PM
I'm willing to bet CSS as it is now has more to offer than you (the average player, and the majority of the posters here) have yet to tap into. Like custom maps. finding MORE custom maps to actually try to play and get good at. Uploading custom maps to your own server. getting your own server so you can modify it, and maybe even making custom maps/stuff for CSS... to put on your own server.

Now with that said. CSS with an update, say with some more official maps, sleeker physics and day/night maps. night vision that works. NEW OBJECTIVE GAMEPLAY and not to say the impossible but VEHICLES!!!yay, this all would stand to offer you quite abit more to get out of CSS. With just an update..

so YOU GUYS CHOOSE. CS2= pay for the overhaul to CSS that valuev is putton off WITH. and AN ADDITION OF 4 more years of waiting for it.
OR
Settle with updates to CSS because they will probably ruin CSS like they are currently TF2. And settle with Portal 2 which is SOMETHING NEWER and hasent been repeated 700 times and has a story, like CS.

So my question is.. do you really want to wait 2-3 more years for a CS2? Obviously thats the last thing they'd put time into as IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN.

Mark316
08-18-2009, 07:21 PM
[COLOR=Navy][B][SIZE=3]So my question is.. do you really want to wait 2-3 more years for a CS2?

Yes.
Thread over.

http://i25.tinypic.com/nqa62u.gif

Akudama89
08-19-2009, 02:29 AM
I'm willing to bet CSS as it is now has more to offer than you (the average player, and the majority of the posters here) have yet to tap into. Like custom maps. finding MORE custom maps to actually try to play and get good at. Uploading custom maps to your own server. getting your own server so you can modify it, and maybe even making custom maps/stuff for CSS... to put on your own server.

Now with that said. CSS with an update, say with some more official maps, sleeker physics and day/night maps. night vision that works. NEW OBJECTIVE GAMEPLAY and not to say the impossible but VEHICLES!!!yay, this all would stand to offer you quite abit more to get out of CSS. With just an update..

so YOU GUYS CHOOSE. CS2= pay for the overhaul to CSS that valuev is putton off WITH. and AN ADDITION OF 4 more years of waiting for it.
OR
Settle with updates to CSS because they will probably ruin CSS like they are currently TF2. And settle with Portal 2 which is SOMETHING NEWER and hasent been repeated 700 times and has a story, like CS.

So my question is.. do you really want to wait 2-3 more years for a CS2? Obviously thats the last thing they'd put time into as IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN.

I would try and reply to your post correctly if your post was made correctly and i could actually read it, seriously "valuev is putton off WITH."? correct your post next time and don't use so many different colors

However if i did understand your post correctly, yes, i do want CS2 over Portal 2 even if it takes longer to make CS2

zeroibis
08-19-2009, 01:52 PM
So would css2 be another version that you need to buy or an update for the exciting game. The last thing we need is another game to split the player base. I say update css to support the grafix from the new engine versions and fix the well known glitches in it. I understand there is not as much monies to be made in doing it this way but you can still increase sales by showing that css has updated grafix ect to compete against newer games.

Akudama89
08-19-2009, 02:06 PM
So would css2 be another version that you need to buy or an update for the exciting game. The last thing we need is another game to split the player base. I say update css to support the grafix from the new engine versions and fix the well known glitches in it. I understand there is not as much monies to be made in doing it this way but you can still increase sales by showing that css has updated grafix ect to compete against newer games.

CS2 would be a newer game, hopefully on a completely new engine, such as like the change between 1.6 and CSS

djkissmybum
08-19-2009, 03:44 PM
CS2 would be a newer game, hopefully on a completely new engine, such as like the change between 1.6 and CSS

Of course newer engine. I don't have any sources about next engine of CSS but Source 1 is really terrible engine and Valve won't make it on an old one especially after 5 years. Just my 5 cents

d_YeN
08-20-2009, 04:28 PM
I decided to send a mail to that address and i got a response!!

Lol

Make of it what you will...

http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/3051/gabelol2.jpg

WiZeNgAmOtX
08-20-2009, 10:36 PM
Counter Strike: Source needs more remastered maps. I am sure that there are still many untouched original Counter Strike maps.
Counter Strike: Source is yet to be updated to the latest Source engine base. I am aware that Gabe Newell feels guilty about wrongs that he can not make right. The update is possible.
Counter Strike: Source would benefit from achievements and other new features, as Day of Defeat: Source has.
Counter Strike: Source would also benefit from a single player campaign out side of separate maps and scenarios. The Corporal Adrian Shephard would be an awesome protagonist, if not just a character. This update would remove any need for a sequel to Counter Strike: Source in the near future.
I would rather that Portal 2 is developed. All of the VALVe video games are part of the same universe. That is what I love about VALVe video games the most.

Akudama89
08-20-2009, 10:52 PM
I decided to send a mail to that address and i got a response!!

Lol

Make of it what you will...

http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/3051/gabelol2.jpg

that's kinda a sucky response... lol

And my response to that is, if it's beginning to become too many games too little time, hire more people.

Ryu_jose1
08-21-2009, 01:28 AM
... Owned, what a nonsense, if you gonna email put a good argument and maybe will see a new thing in css, a new cs or a new serie of cs or somehitng different :/. Just don't be kids omg.

Counter Strike: Source needs more remastered maps. I am sure that there are still many untouched original Counter Strike maps.
Counter Strike: Source is yet to be updated to the latest Source engine base. I am aware that Gabe Newell feels guilty about wrongs that he can not make right. The update is possible.
Counter Strike: Source would benefit from achievements and other new features, as Day of Defeat: Source has.
Counter Strike: Source would also benefit from a single player campaign out side of separate maps and scenarios. The Corporal Adrian Shephard would be an awesome protagonist, if not just a character. This update would remove any need for a sequel to Counter Strike: Source in the near future.
I would rather that Portal 2 is developed. All of the VALVe video games are part of the same universe. That is what I love about VALVe video games the most.

This is a good argument, you should envie to gabe's email ;)

boomar.
08-21-2009, 02:19 AM
I dont want updates to CSS. I want CS2 with 2009 level graphics and all...

boomar.
08-21-2009, 02:21 AM
BTW gabe replied to my email asking for some CS2 and his reply in all its glory was: "thanks"

crowbar2face
08-21-2009, 04:33 AM
There won't be a portal 2. Portal was just a "test" game for the new half-life and it will involve the portal gun. My vote is on CS2.

dex_junior
08-21-2009, 05:12 AM
portal 2.. because we dont need another cs.. they better update css :)

djkissmybum
08-21-2009, 05:58 AM

1st-No achievements
2nd-It's unprofitable for Valve to update the engine. It's better to make a newer game with some additions and name it CS2 (The situation as L4D2 - bad move, very bad move). Valve understand their mistake but they need money. CS is powerful franchise and Valve must make it on a newer engine.

If Valve will make a newer engine I will definetly buy CS2 if not (only updated bugged old Source THEN NO NO NO)!!!

P.S. I hate Source engine every version that they update it! Too bugged

Mark316
08-21-2009, 06:34 AM
Valve understand their mistake but they need money.

You're wrong, someone from VALVe said recently in a interview they aren't strapped for cash so can start up new projects and stuff without money worries. L4D2 is simply everything they wanted to do to L4D1 DLC wise, but it would of ended up a completely different game, ala.. L4D2.

Akudama89
08-21-2009, 06:45 AM
There won't be a portal 2. Portal was just a "test" game for the new half-life and it will involve the portal gun. My vote is on CS2.

LOL! are you that naive or are you joking?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portal_(video_game)#Portal_2

metalmaniak
08-21-2009, 01:28 PM
We dont need another CS,so def. portal 2!!!

Kryptn
08-21-2009, 01:32 PM

Portal: Five to ten hours of fun.

CS: YEARS of fun/pwnage/history/leagues/tourneys/money/sponsors/cars/clothes/electronics lines

etc etc etc

metalmaniak
08-21-2009, 01:37 PM
yea CS is still fun so we dont need a new one
portal is not fun anymore and we need a new one

Akudama89
08-21-2009, 02:02 PM
yea CS is still fun so we dont need a new one
portal is not fun anymore and we need a new one

...yeah cause that makes sense, that'd be like saying hey Starcraft is still fun, which means we don't need/want Starcraft 2.....riiiight

djkissmybum
08-21-2009, 03:11 PM

Never mind about him. It's just a scream of soul. He is a young child inside who wants to be paid attention, but ... :rolleyes:

djkissmybum
08-21-2009, 03:13 PM
Portal: Five to ten hours of fun.

CS: YEARS of fun/pwnage/history/leagues/tourneys/money/sponsors/cars/clothes/electronics lines

etc etc etc

You are totally right. Portal is just a little time of playing and you forget about it. As CS2 you said everything ...;)

corpmilenko
08-22-2009, 12:26 PM
Chances are they will make a portal 2 before CS2...and they dont need to make a CS2 to make the community happy just update CS:S and add new content for it

corpmilenko
08-22-2009, 12:28 PM
1st-No achievements
2nd-It's unprofitable for Valve to update the engine. It's better to make a newer game with some additions and name it CS2 (The situation as L4D2 - bad move, very bad move). Valve understand their mistake but they need money. CS is powerful franchise and Valve must make it on a newer engine.

If Valve will make a newer engine I will definetly buy CS2 if not (only updated bugged old Source THEN NO NO NO)!!!

P.S. I hate Source engine every version that they update it! Too bugged

thats why they have updates smart one to fix the bugs in the engine and yes it would be profitable for valve to update and add more content to CS:S cause more people would come back to it and more people would buy the game

spooksmagee
08-22-2009, 12:56 PM
Considering how colossally bad CS2 could be, I vote for Portal 2. Less chance of failure really.

corpmilenko
08-22-2009, 01:04 PM
Considering how colossally bad CS2 could be, I vote for Portal 2. Less chance of failure really.

I don't think that CS2 would fail but all it would be anyway is just an updated version of CS:S and it would just take less time to just update CS:S instead of making a new game which is why I also said Portal 2

Barfy Dan
08-22-2009, 05:08 PM
Gabe needs incentive to do anything. Besides eating, of course.

With that said, I say we give him and his nerd squad 1 year to create and perfect CS2, and if its done by September 1, 2010, we'll give him 1 dozen donuts for each day it is completed before said date.

OR

Maybe he wants us to stop calling him fat and needs an intervention but doesn't know how to go about asking.

No problem. I've already setup a perfect weight-loss program for you. Howsabout for every 1 thousand copies of CS2 sold by December 25, 2010 we'll buy you 1 month of nutrisystem food.

Well, Gabe.. whatya say? It would be hard to turn down either offer in your case. You have severe psychological problems and need help desperately. We are eagerly awaiting your response.

Mark316
08-22-2009, 07:19 PM

With that said, I say we give him and his nerd squad 1 year to create and perfect CS2, and if its done by September 1, 2010, we'll give him 1 dozen donuts for each day it is completed before said date.

OR

Maybe he wants us to stop calling him fat and needs an intervention but doesn't know how to go about asking.

No problem. I've already setup a perfect weight-loss program for you. Howsabout for every 1 thousand copies of CS2 sold by December 25, 2010 we'll buy you 1 month of nutrisystem food.

Well, Gabe.. whatya say? It would be hard to turn down either offer in your case. You have severe psychological problems and need help desperately. We are eagerly awaiting your response.

You disgust me. Gabe Newell is a human being, he has feelings you know. Get a life and grow up.

Barfy Dan
08-22-2009, 09:49 PM
You disgust me. Gabe Newell is a human being, he has feelings you know. Get a life and grow up.

OH PLEASE :rolleyes:

Like he reads this board anyways.

How about you get a life and stop playing forum police. We have moderators for that. Nobody needs you nor does anybody want you here. Stop standing up for stupid people. If he cant see that CS2 needs to be made he has severe psychological problems.

Now, please, do us all a favor and format your computer, or make it unusable somehow.

peace

Barfy Dan
08-22-2009, 09:51 PM
=[ HES A HUMAN BEING!!!!! =[

LOL!!!

what a crybaby.... sounds like Chris Crocker.

Mark316
08-23-2009, 06:59 AM
I'm sorry that you have no compassion for any other human being but yourself.
Enjoy your sad lonely life.

Yes, Gabe Newell is so 'stupid' that he owns a multi-million dollar company and you are sitting here begging for a sequal on internet forums to be made from his 'stupid' company.

Barfy Dan
08-23-2009, 07:12 AM
I'm sorry that you have no compassion for any other human being but yourself.
Enjoy your sad lonely life.

Yes, Gabe Newell is so 'stupid' that he owns a multi-million dollar company and you are sitting here begging for a sequal on internet forums to be made from his 'stupid' company.

Gabe doesn't do anything but eat; don't fool yourself.

By the way I'm not begging for a sequel, i could care less. I hardly play computer games anymore. Its just so obvious that CSS needs an update but Gabe completely ignores it and wont even make a clear comment about anything cuz hes too busy eating.

Honestly, do you think gabe is gunna see you sticking up for him and give you somehting for free? Do you think he's gunna say "Hey Mark316 is a good guy, he should be a forum MOD"... NO ,.. he's not ... so stop being a little ♥♥♥♥♥ and stfu.

Like I dont get why youre standing up for such a pathetic loser; hes fat ugly and plays WOW. You must be a pathetic loser yourself.

EDIT: 4,420 posts on the STEAM FORUMS.

Yep you're a ♥♥♥♥in loser. just as I thought. say whatever you want to me, cuz coming from a loser f****t like you it doesn't mean S***.

Akudama89
08-23-2009, 10:03 AM

agreed.

10char

Mark316
08-23-2009, 10:08 AM
EDIT: 4,420 posts on the STEAM FORUMS.

Yep you're a ♥♥♥♥in loser. just as I thought. say whatever you want to me, cuz coming from a loser f****t like you it doesn't mean S***.

It's because I'm not a troll you see, I don't get banned every week from the steam forums like you. Obviously what I'm saying is sinking in and you are taking it to heart or you wouldn't reply with so many foul words.

My average posts a day is actually only 4 if you look at the date in which I joined.

I'm sorry that you have such low self esteem you have to insult others over the internet, but you either need to do some confidence excercises in real life, or socialise more with friends.

By the way I'm not begging for a sequel, i could care less. I hardly play computer games anymore. Its just so obvious that CSS needs an update

If you actually didn't care about CSS being updated or a CS2 being made, you wouldn't be here begging and insulting for an update/sequal. You'd just play the game how it is with its bugs and be happy that you get that spare hour a day to play the game.

TheHeretic
08-23-2009, 02:51 PM
Barfy♥♥♥♥♥:WAAH WAAH I WANT A SEQUEL *INSULT* WAAHH

Mark316:*Acts like a human being with feelings and friends*

Barfy♥♥♥♥♥:STFU N00B I'M 1337 I HAVE FRIENDS LOL

Mark316:*Verbal Pwnage*

TheHeretic:/Thread

crackodile
08-23-2009, 03:54 PM
CS2 please

portal 2 is out?

rinx5
08-23-2009, 04:07 PM
well Portal 2 is most likely to come out first because it is rumored and cs2 have not yet rumored but cs2 ftw

Hiroshima
08-23-2009, 06:58 PM
He replied back to me, this was my email. (http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h178/kill3rzu3s/heanswered.jpg)

Dear Gabe

In my opinion I would say that not only will CS2 be a better choice it can do a number of things for you.

1.) More people are willing to buy this game because the size of the CS medium is larger.
2.) You guys at one point need to release a new engine for HL3, why not showcase it as a beta project before HL3 for your developers to really get the engine ready to sort out all the bugs.
3.) After people see this new engine it will get every gamer dreaming of playing this knowing that the HL3 game is gonna look so amazing like with what you did with CS:S.

I hope you do read this and take this into consideration, thank you.

Ryan B

Has anyone else gotten a reply?

TheHeretic
08-23-2009, 07:16 PM
That's it?

He just said thanks?

What a tool.

He obviously wants to please the mainstream audience,IE "omfgz xbox360 loolz im so 1337" instead of the true hard core of gamers.

checkdestroy
08-23-2009, 08:07 PM
That's it?

He just said thanks?

What a tool.

He obviously wants to please the mainstream audience,IE "omfgz xbox360 loolz im so 1337" instead of the true hard core of gamers.

You want him to write out a full response to every single e-mail? The guy is probably getting swamped by thousands of e-mails saying the same shiet.

Akudama89
08-24-2009, 12:15 AM
That's it?

He just said thanks?

What a tool.

at least he replies at all, honestly i never expect a reply when sending any company e-mails like that (hence the reason i typically just don't send them e-mails...)

Critical Hit!
08-24-2009, 02:06 AM
Give us Portal 2 (which should be the last Portal) and UPDATE CSS.

no, make it 3 since portal will forever be known as a trilogy.

Critical Hit!
08-24-2009, 02:18 AM

OR

You disgust me. You are THE single most immature person I've met on the internet for quite a while, now before you go "ZOMFG CRITIKAL HIT IZ ON INTERNETZ FOR SO LONG HE NEEDZ TO GETA LYFE LOLOLOLOLOL!11!!11!ONE!" I'm not the one whos being a little crying ♥♥♥♥♥ here. And It is quite clear that you are a troll, btw hello Anirak.

Akudama89
08-24-2009, 01:08 PM
Yay, "it" has been banned :P

TheHeretic
08-24-2009, 02:58 PM
Or he could make TF3 and then kill himself from the seething hate that he feels coming from the forums.

djkissmybum
08-24-2009, 03:36 PM
Fine. One idiot lesser on the forum

Kryptn
08-25-2009, 02:40 AM
Fine. One idiot lesser on the forum

And still a bunch of whiteknighting crybabies, grow up and stop sucking other people's ♥♥♥♥♥ for the hope of any kind of return. People suck stop trying to be nice.

Also CS2 showcasing a new buggy engine sounds disasterous, they should perfect it with another game first.

djkissmybum
08-25-2009, 05:05 AM
And still a bunch of whiteknighting crybabies, grow up and stop sucking other people's ♥♥♥♥♥ for the hope of any kind of return. People suck stop trying to be nice.

Also CS2 showcasing a new buggy engine sounds disasterous, they should perfect it with another game first.

Don't judge peope as you are :rolleyes:

Blast2k
08-25-2009, 07:53 PM
I asked for CS2, since people keep begging for an update, and with a reason. Kind of a shame because i actually wanted a portal 2 too

its_jack
08-25-2009, 08:18 PM
These are my opinions.

We have, in my opinion, enough Counter-strike games as of NOW. I enjoyed Portal, and it was strategically interesting and was a new mode of game play I've never experienced. It was comically funny and really humorous. As of Counter-strike and CS2, I feel that we don't need anything as of now. DO we really need a whole different game?

Does this kind of sound like the Left 4 Dead and Left 4 Dead 2 commotion the way I put it? I know it's been like five years since Counter-Strike: Source, but honestly, do we need a whole different game just for *maybe* new weapons, and a bit better graphics?

I think most of us are middle-class people, so maybe a new game would leave people out with low-end computers.

On the other hand, Portal has a story that has not been finished. I like stories in games, so I wish for Portal 2 to be created first.

Sorry for this rather long reply.

DedicatedToGame
08-25-2009, 08:28 PM
+1

Better already update css not "run" from the problems and adopt new games. I also would be more enthusiastic about Portal 2 instead of CS2, if css will be updated with(all bugs/exploits and multi-core support), then the game would be somewhat enjoyable, but I doubt that all will begin play in CS2, if they come in, people will also enjoy the games as L4D2 and TF2 ...
I want Portal 2, my opinion. :]

SargeMX5
08-25-2009, 09:18 PM
Don't see why CSS needs to be updated. CS1.5 was not perfect before they released 1.6 and 1.6 was not perfect before they released CSS. Why work on a 5 year old game? Let it go and bring out something fresh.

djkissmybum
08-26-2009, 01:55 AM
Don't see why CSS needs to be updated. CS1.5 was not perfect before they released 1.6 and 1.6 was not perfect before they released CSS. Why work on a 5 year old game? Let it go and bring out something fresh.

Nice post! I thought about it like you :rolleyes:

weedo
08-26-2009, 05:27 AM
I choose a new CS game. Portal vs CS, which game are you gonna put more hours into. CS no doubt, with it's huge online community and addictive gameplay, you are sure to play a new CS for longer than Portal 2. I've been playing CSS since launch date and I will stop playing when there is a new one.

djkissmybum
08-27-2009, 09:18 AM
I choose a new CS game. Portal vs CS, which game are you gonna put more hours into. CS no doubt, with it's huge online community and addictive gameplay, you are sure to play a new CS for longer than Portal 2. I've been playing CSS since launch date and I will stop playing when there is a new one.

CS rocks!!! And Portal sux

Exit_
08-28-2009, 04:30 PM
Since CS:S has often been left in the dark by Valve, I think making CS2 first would be a smart move to make it up to the community. Plus, Portal just wasn't that good in my opinion. Counter-Strike is a series with MUCH more replay value.

mauler90
08-29-2009, 08:53 PM
CS2, portal was ok but that last level (or two?) was the only really good part.

jsdratm
08-29-2009, 09:27 PM
I think CS2 would be nice since I really enjoyed CS:S

Deadly_Target
08-29-2009, 10:04 PM
Portal 2 FTW!

Counter-Strike: Source is fine.

ULoW
08-29-2009, 11:22 PM
Portal 2 actually has a story. One they can develop and make it more interesting and maybe tie it together with the Half-Life series.

On the other hand, Counter Strike 2 will offer what, new weapons, new maps, and better graphics? They can do that with an update (Not sure about the graphics but graphics aren't everything). CS2 will pretty much be like Left 4 Dead 2...

These are my opinions.

We have, in my opinion, enough Counter-strike games as of NOW. I enjoyed Portal, and it was strategically interesting and was a new mode of game play I've never experienced. It was comically funny and really humorous. As of Counter-strike and CS2, I feel that we don't need anything as of now. DO we really need a whole different game?

Does this kind of sound like the Left 4 Dead and Left 4 Dead 2 commotion the way I put it? I know it's been like five years since Counter-Strike: Source, but honestly, do we need a whole different game just for *maybe* new weapons, and a bit better graphics?

I think most of us are middle-class people, so maybe a new game would leave people out with low-end computers.

On the other hand, Portal has a story that has not been finished. I like stories in games, so I wish for Portal 2 to be created first.

Sorry for this rather long reply.
Just noticed the similarities in our posts. Great minds think alike :D

TreeRat
08-30-2009, 12:20 AM
CS 2

Akudama89
08-30-2009, 10:22 AM
On the other hand, Counter Strike 2 will offer what, new weapons, new maps, and better graphics? They can do that with an update (Not sure about the graphics but graphics aren't everything). CS2 will pretty much be like Left 4 Dead 2...

You clearly don't understand "new engine" do you?

djkissmybum
08-30-2009, 01:48 PM
Of course new engine. I will not live with it if they release on an old Source upgraded engine. It will be a disaster for me.

P.S. New engine and dot!

weedo
08-30-2009, 03:48 PM
I hope Gabe actually responds to the community with the decision. I doubt he will.

NarooN
08-30-2009, 04:12 PM
I hope Gabe actually responds to the community with the decision. I doubt he will.

He won't. They already have some small work done on Portal 2. They don't give a rat's ♥♥♥ about the future of CS right now.

weedo
08-30-2009, 05:37 PM
He won't. They already have some small work done on Portal 2. They don't give a rat's ♥♥♥ about the future of CS right now.

Seen as CS is probably their best selling/most played game, you would have thought they would carry on supporting it (at LEAST) and making new ones. Valve come across to me like they just don't give a ♥♥♥♥ about the customers.

NarooN
08-30-2009, 06:08 PM
Yeah, isn't CS:S the most played game that Valve made, let alone on Steam?

[MARINE]SBD
08-30-2009, 07:31 PM
personally I'd like to see Episode 3 come first

spooksmagee
08-30-2009, 07:53 PM
Yeah, isn't CS:S the most played game that Valve made, let alone on Steam?

It's usually near the top, if not at the top.

http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

waR`.se
08-31-2009, 11:50 AM
Both CS:S and CS is 1st and 2nd on the list thats over twice the amount of players that is playing TF2.

Smitty
09-07-2009, 07:46 PM
CS3 pls!!, anyone that wants portal over counter strike is just noob and needs to go walking in the desert.

Akudama89
09-07-2009, 08:09 PM
CS3 pls!!, anyone that wants portal over counter strike is just noob and needs to go walking in the desert.

CS 3 when there is no CS2?

poullos
09-08-2009, 01:15 AM
I think there is no question here...Gabe would never ask the community what game to produce next.

results: 13203032 want portal 2 and 13290303 want CS 2
Let's do CS 2...

No I don't think so. Valve will do both! The only question is when..

>X<
09-08-2009, 01:58 AM
CS 2.0 first please.

JaKeD-uP
09-08-2009, 07:58 AM
I put a list that similar to this, I sent it awhile ago.

1.CS2 or a CSS update that serves a similar function
2. DoD2 eh?
3. portal 2

Portal was good but I don't think it was nearly as good any other valve game besides maybe l4d.

PostalDude
09-10-2009, 01:40 AM
I wouldn't mind it if it had achievements. Have the AWP unlocked after you get all achievements. Would most certainly help balance the game out.

Or alternatively, guns to balance out the AWP, such as orbital strike cannons that only affect AWPers.

djkissmybum
09-10-2009, 10:45 AM
I wouldn't mind it if it had achievements. Have the AWP unlocked after you get all achievements. Would most certainly help balance the game out.

Or alternatively, guns to balance out the AWP, such as orbital strike cannons that only affect AWPers.

Such like you always cry about the awp. Learn how to play against awp - flashes, HE granades and tactics with shooting through the walls :rolleyes:

Akudama89
09-10-2009, 11:35 AM

lol i thought we already went over this. CS2 SHOULD NOT BE LIKE COD4!

As to an AWP unlocker, no, just no, all that would do is give the people that are good at playing CS, the AWP, and people who aren't, who might actually need the AWP, no AWP.

PostalDude
09-10-2009, 11:59 AM
Such like you always cry about the awp. Learn how to play against awp - flashes, HE granades and tactics with shooting through the walls :rolleyes:

Some servers don't have flashes and smoke available for some bizarre reason. Also, you assume I "always" complain, where this is my first post commenting on it. This is my first and probably last gripe about it. It would be like me assuming people like YOU always QQ and attack people making one slight negative notion towards the AWP.

Nevertheless, it's funny to see people defend the obviously most powerful gun ever made. Then again, CS was made roughly around the time when FPS games weren't about balance and more about fun.

djkissmybum
09-10-2009, 12:03 PM
lol i thought we already went over this. CS2 SHOULD NOT BE LIKE COD4!

As to an AWP unlocker, no, just no, all that would do is give the people that are good at playing CS, the AWP, and people who aren't, who might actually need the AWP, no AWP.

Don't be affraid. Valve is too smart. They won't close awp and make them unlockable. I hear only noobs' crying about awp. We have a money policy. You've earned money and you've bought an AWP. Some peoples cry about awp on servers with bank system. They should hate bank system but not awp. As for me I hate those who buy all amunition with pushing 1 button. Why? Because they don't know the cost for weapons. It's easier for them to push only 1 button and be happy :rolleyes:

Akudama89
09-10-2009, 01:50 PM
Then again, CS was made roughly around the time when FPS games weren't about balance and more about fun.

I fail to see how this is a problem? i mean, "balance" by definition is that both teams have the same chance of winning, your way of making the AWP unlockable, is highly unbalanced, the game is balanced now, reason? Sure, someone can have an awp, doesn't mean you can't have an awp. As to being more about fun, less of balance, fun is the intention of all games, correct?

Aurora|XT
09-10-2009, 02:34 PM
I'm fairly sure Portal 2 will be made first, regardless of any poll result.

joewendling
09-10-2009, 05:34 PM
counter strike 2 with portal guns,...

problem solved

djkissmybum
09-10-2009, 05:59 PM
Let it be. So Portal 2? Ok Portal 2. CS2 will be released on a new engine. We will win. I hope :). Portal probably will come out with L4D2 engine. Problem solved. As for me I'm not interested in Portal 2. Nothing bothers me in this game

KillerK
09-10-2009, 06:14 PM
Release all of them at the same time.

PostalDude
09-10-2009, 07:00 PM
I fail to see how this is a problem? i mean, "balance" by definition is that both teams have the same chance of winning, your way of making the AWP unlockable, is highly unbalanced, the game is balanced now, reason? Sure, someone can have an awp, doesn't mean you can't have an awp. As to being more about fun, less of balance, fun is the intention of all games, correct?

Re-read my post. You are totally missing the context.

ChaosDwarf
09-10-2009, 07:20 PM
Portal 2 is my pick

CsThm
09-10-2009, 08:53 PM
I myself vote for CS2.

But they shouldn't be hury with that game. Cause hungred thousands of people will judge them for every mistake what they will make. My point is that with CS2 they really should stick with what community thinks about what should be added/removed if they don't want it to endup like CZero or even ProMod did.

jryda7
09-10-2009, 10:09 PM
I myself vote for CS2.

But they shouldn't be hury with that game. Cause hungred thousands of people will judge them for every mistake what they will make. My point is that with CS2 they really should stick with what community thinks about what should be added/removed if they don't want it to endup like CZero or even ProMod did.

i agree they should definitely listen to the community

IllDepence
09-11-2009, 04:53 AM
Portal 2 of course
since CS 1.6 needs no (serious) sequel imo

djkissmybum
09-11-2009, 05:24 AM
I myself vote for CS2.

No need to hurry up. Better wait 1-2 years for polishing. I'm ready to wait. W000T, Valve!

CsThm
09-11-2009, 05:51 AM
No need to hurry up. Better wait 1-2 years for polishing. I'm ready to wait. W000T, Valve!

I mean that valve shouldn't rush it... Did you know that they re looking forward in replacing some weapons? It can be your favurete weapon as well. Who knows... Maybe they removed m4a1 or ak47 or awp or sg552 or aug or deagle or mp5navy... God knows maybe they even changed knife to simple hands what punch. Maybe they added bazuka or atomic bomb... See what I mean by telling "no rushing"?

djkissmybum
09-11-2009, 07:41 AM
I approved your pre-last message. I see clearly what you mean

xord96
09-11-2009, 09:44 PM
Without a doubt Portal 2 becuase portal 1 was crazy fps puzzle fun.

CsThm
09-12-2009, 12:51 AM
I approved your pre-last message. I see clearly what you mean

Sry.. I thought you said:

as sarcasm. =P

djkissmybum
09-12-2009, 12:10 PM
as sarcasm. =P

Nope, I'm serious :rolleyes:

OmegaXtreme420
09-12-2009, 11:55 PM
Nope, I'm serious :rolleyes:

you would do that any way wait i mean lol

{TH} FIEF
09-14-2009, 11:17 PM
TBH i think i would rather have portal 2... only if it is a longer game than the first. i beat portal in something like 3 hrs 1st run through, now i can play the whole game from begining to end in under 1. . . plus i would rather see CS2 in a different engine, something more to date than source... although source is still a very good and stable engine.

Jinoru
09-15-2009, 12:37 PM
Portal 2 of course
since CS 1.6 needs no (serious) sequel imo

Then lets make this as non serious as possible. I want vehicles and I want to be able to throw rocks at noobs. Let the stoning's BEGIN!

RamboCS
09-15-2009, 07:22 PM
I think valve needs to wait on a cs2 and do it RIGHT.CS2 needs 1.6 gameplay,aiming,etc.They also need to add the same cs1.6 maps and some new ones,Id like to see cs2 on a different engine though so they shouldnt rush it.

djkissmybum
09-16-2009, 03:48 AM
I think valve needs to wait on a cs2 and do it RIGHT.CS2 needs 1.6 gameplay,aiming,etc.They also need to add the same cs1.6 maps and some new ones,Id like to see cs2 on a different engine though so they shouldnt rush it.

Of course Valve will wait till the release of HL3 engine. As they said that Gabe wanna release Portal 2 and only then... It's gentle hint. Wait HL3+CS2 bundle. As always - new HL and new CS :rolleyes:

Source is really buggy and bad engine! ;)

P.S. I hope for new engine as a miracle. I believe in Valve! Everyone learn on their own mistakes

Momoisdrug
09-16-2009, 04:42 AM
No! I only got css for a few months! So I'll go with Portal 2. :D

night1122
09-16-2009, 02:40 PM
css needs updating!! its amazing but is starting to look dated compared to the new cod's

spidyp777
09-20-2009, 05:40 AM
cs:s is a very good game, but i think 2009 it's the last year of it; the source engine is almost 6 years old and it begins to show its limits
what valve sould do for cs2:
-the same gameplay as predecesors..that means NO irons sights
-capture the flag mod
-stunning graphics built on a totally new engine with a lot of destructible objects, but not buldings
-lots of new skins for both terrors and counters
-new weapons and maps..and the current maps should get a face lift

djkissmybum
09-20-2009, 06:58 AM
cs:s is a very good game, but i think 2009 it's the last year of it; the source engine is almost 6 years old and it begins to show its limits
-capture the flag mod
-stunning graphics built on a totally new engine with a lot of destructible objects, but not buldings

I approve everything. but NOT capture the flag. Let's leave the game alone from UT. It need more CS game play mode;)

rinx5
09-20-2009, 07:17 AM
all i want them to not take out is the m4a1 carbine

Mark316
09-20-2009, 09:15 AM
all i want them to not take out is the m4a1 carbine

I think it's pretty safe to say the M4, AK, Deagle and USP won't be going anywhere soon.

lulalah
09-23-2009, 03:18 PM
Oh Portal 2, it's so long overdue.

I know they are taking their time over it seeing as Portal was a huge success (yes I went there). I wish they'd release some info about the sequel or leak some trailers.

AndreasChristod
09-24-2009, 08:03 AM
-capture the flag mod

I agree greatly with this post. However, not the CTF game mode. Wasn't there a find some time ago about a new game mode in CS:S which someone found from looking through the CS:S folder? I can't remember what the game mode was assumed to be. I would like to see destructible buildings, but not fully destructible; just some thin walls and doors.

I would love to see a CS2, but CS:S needs fixing! Update the thing to the OB engine. What ever happened to updating all the maps so that they have HDR? I don't like HDR, but I also don't like an unfinished job :D.

CsThm
09-24-2009, 10:35 AM
-capture the flag mod

I only agree about graphics.

And mostly I disagree about CSS gameplay. It should more like Gold-Source gameplay - will attract 1.6 gamers. And in total there's more of them (I don't give a **** what steam stats say - use gamemonitor and you will see that 1.6 has twice more people than source). Plus I think it will be hard to make nonsteam CS2 (people had problems with CSS). So that results that 1.6 players will want to play CS2, but they wont be able to get pirate version so easy, what results that they will buy it.

Dualmatrix
09-24-2009, 05:19 PM
I have never been interested in portal since it's not an FPS game. I'm not into solving puzzles or whatever. I sent an email to Gabe and got a reply back saying thanks. I really want a new CS on a new game engine. The Cry Engine and Unreal engine will be way superior to the Source engine in a few years.

What I would like to see in CS2 are new weapons (such as M416, Scar, Super V Kriss, MTAR-21 etc), and additional team skins (such as the Spetznas, Isayeret, and other less known Special Forces of other countries). Finally, new maps of course. Destructible wooden boxes, trees, but not buildings. Oh yea, include the offline mode but with MUCH smarter bots for practice! No AIMbots please.

A new CS game with a new and superior graphics engine will blow all the other military-like FPS games out of competition!

CsThm
09-25-2009, 10:37 AM
I have 2 questions (hoping valve will answer):

1. Is cs2 leaked? - One day ago I found CS1.6 what has materials in it, also bullet sparks same like in source, and water reflections (however bugged), has some cs1.6 maps and devtest.bsp what actually is de_piranesi, no gun models - uses HL ones, gui from CS1.6, except that instead of yellow "Counter-Strike" at left down it is "Half-Life 2".
2. If first one is "yes", than why one of the first things what you done is removed ability to doubleduck? - Are you aware that only cause of this, 1.6 professional players wont be interested in this game?

kimd41
09-25-2009, 12:05 PM
CS2 is not even confirmed to be in development, let alone leaked.

Akudama89
09-25-2009, 12:31 PM
I think it's pretty safe to say the M4, AK, Deagle and USP won't be going anywhere soon.

and MP5, and glock, and CT pistol (forget the name), P90, Para, scout, awp, ....those are the only ones i'd expect never ever to leave the CS universe

Akudama89
09-25-2009, 12:34 PM
What I would like to see in CS2 are new weapons (such as M416, Scar, Super V Kriss, MTAR-21 etc), and additional team skins (such as the Spetznas, Isayeret, and other less known Special Forces of other countries). Finally, new maps of course. Destructible wooden boxes, trees, but not buildings. Oh yea, include the offline mode but with MUCH smarter bots for practice! No AIMbots please.

CoD4 anyone? it's calling you

A new CS game with a new and superior graphics engine will blow all the other military-like FPS games out of competition!

When did CS become a military game? yes, it has terrorists, and counter terrorists, but CS has never been CoD4, which is a military type game, i think you have your games mixed up

Neo Cool Dude
09-25-2009, 12:51 PM

When did CS become a military game? yes, it has terrorists, and counter terrorists, but CS has never been CoD4, which is a military type game, i think you have your games mixed up

Then what type of game is it? I'm pretty sure the original creator wanted it to be a tactical fps.

Ironroad
09-25-2009, 06:45 PM
Portal.

*dons flame-retardant suit*

surfrock22
09-25-2009, 09:43 PM
I think it would much more effective and logical to develop CS2 on Valve's next engine.

MeRcChRiS
09-26-2009, 12:50 AM
CS2 Plaese.

Hiroshima
09-28-2009, 06:04 PM
I would laugh so hard if someone email spammed Gabe to give us CS2

danPV
09-28-2009, 07:09 PM
What a great way to tick someone off into not making CS2. Haha.

lulalah
09-29-2009, 03:37 PM
I wonder how much of Portal 2 they have developed already.

Dualmatrix
09-30-2009, 10:36 AM

CoD4 is boring. CSS is a military game because... there's Special Forces vs. Terrorists. CSS uses military weapons, and has military uniforms. The only different between CSS and CoD4 is the single player campaign and regenerating health, that's it.

You do realize that gamers who play CoD4 also plays CSS? I'm not asking CS2 to have the gameplay changed to be just like CoD4. There is nothing wrong with wanting new weapons, skins, and maps just like previous replies before me. If you want to play with old weapons, fine by me. I'll use the new weapons instead.

Anti-Flash
10-04-2009, 12:20 AM
OH ok, i finally had a realization. CSS hasnt gotten in-game Working Vehicles yet. No special game modes since its birth, other than mods reworking and inevitably ruining it all. No king of the hill or take this point, then that point like in DOD:S.. NOTHING by now, i guess means the game is done.
SO I understand that it'll probably take another CS clone called CS again to get cars and modes. i vote CS2 then. Screw portal2 it'll probably be another 3hour game blasted with 5hours of waiting for doors to open and rail-cars to slide.

GIJED
10-04-2009, 12:59 AM
Why would you ever want vehicles in cs?

djkissmybum
10-04-2009, 10:24 AM
Why would you ever want vehicles in cs?

They wanna feel like they are playing BF2 or CODMW2

rinx5
10-04-2009, 01:00 PM
CoD4 is boring. CSS is a military game lol css is a military game it's a tactical fps your a swat team vs Terrorists how is that a military game

Neo Cool Dude
10-04-2009, 01:16 PM
lol css is a military game it's a tactical fps your a swat team vs Terrorists how is that a military game

None of the Counter Terrorists are members of any SWAT team, they are each from a real life CT (or MILITARY) unit of different countries. SAS = England, GIGN = France, GSG-9 = Germany and Seal Team 6= USA.

rinx5
10-04-2009, 02:53 PM
but it's a tactical shooter and on alot of sites like gamespot http://www.gamespot.com/games.html?type=games&category=Tactical+Shooters&platform=5&mode=top&page=games&dlx_type=all&sortdir=asc&official=all&tag=latest it's on the tactical shooter list

Multilogic
10-05-2009, 02:09 AM
cs 2 of course

jryda7
10-15-2009, 03:55 PM
bumpy bump

T@F
10-15-2009, 03:59 PM
Counter-Strike 2 all the way.

Sonikku
10-15-2009, 04:29 PM
CS2, just for the sake of having an UPDATED CS someday...

Engage
10-15-2009, 06:42 PM
There's no choice really...CS2

AmazingRedd
10-15-2009, 06:48 PM
i think i said it before but just to be sure. i vote for (portal 2).

Sonikku
10-15-2009, 06:59 PM
Ahaha. Already received a reply and even had a little chat about my email's name with him. x3

flash1
10-17-2009, 06:57 PM
cs2

10css2

Kidrage
10-17-2009, 11:18 PM
I say bring a new Counter-Strike, and Day of Defeat.. Portal was great, but it's too short of a game for myself to enjoy it too much.

theriv
10-18-2009, 03:04 PM
cs2 of course....

treb
10-18-2009, 04:58 PM
It's a simple choice for gabe,

Portal:
Short, single player.

Counter Strike Source,
Long lifespan, Multiplayer, VAC bans get people to buy it multiple times

See, They are still making loads of money off Counter Strike Source because of people getting banned (Me being one of them for using cheats out of curiosity), so they can't be bothered to make CS2. So Portal 2 is an obvious choice over CS2.

But there is Tactical Intervention, a Spiritual successor.

surfrock22
10-18-2009, 07:30 PM
I'm not so sure if VAC banning is a significant concern in selling games..

toejam316
10-18-2009, 07:50 PM
I'm not so sure if VAC banning is a significant concern in selling games..

Once a game gets cheap enough, the 14 year old tools who think it's hilarious doing anything annoying will begin to buy it en masse, just so they can troll the living hell out of the players in any way shape or form.

Valve definitely make good money off those kids who get VAC banned then nick their parents credit cards.

surfrock22
10-18-2009, 09:09 PM
Once a game gets cheap enough, the 14 year old tools who think it's hilarious doing anything annoying will begin to buy it en masse, just so they can troll the living hell out of the players in any way shape or form.

Valve definitely make good money off those kids who get VAC banned then nick their parents credit cards.

Yeah, but what percentage of people who buy Valve's games actually cheat? And, of those people, what percent actually buy again (upon being VAC banned)? I just don't even see it being relevant, because it is probably such a small percentage of users..

Surely Valve doesn't gain a significant amount of money off of cheaters repurchasing the same game, in comparison to usual sales..

arisaka
10-18-2009, 09:14 PM
I vote Portal 2.

1. Portal is short, needs a sequel.
2. Who needs even better graphics? CS2 can wait.

surfrock22
10-18-2009, 09:16 PM
Honestly, I think CS2 is a no-brainer; look at how many people still play CS and CS: Source..

schu
10-19-2009, 01:22 PM
Yeah, but what percentage of people who buy Valve's games actually cheat? And, of those people, what percent actually buy again (upon being VAC banned)? I just don't even see it being relevant, because it is probably such a small percentage of users..

Surely Valve doesn't gain a significant amount of money off of cheaters repurchasing the same game, in comparison to usual sales..

I think you are wrong..Having known one heck of a lot of little social groups in the CSS community...I can assure you that there are a ton of little kids who go through 5 or 6 CSS accounts. There is a lot of rebuying going on.

surfrock22
10-19-2009, 02:04 PM
I've heard of people buying multiple accounts, but I just don't see it even being a factor when compared to regular first time buying sales..

semjonov
10-20-2009, 09:06 AM
CSS a tactical shooter? It doesn´t get more arcade than CSS, even COD4 is more tactical. CSS is still fun and that is the reason we play it sometimes. My wish would be that more people started to play custom maps, and not just Dust2 round after round.

Engage
11-04-2009, 09:57 PM
CSS a tactical shooter? It doesn´t get more arcade than CSS, even COD4 is more tactical. CSS is still fun and that is the reason we play it sometimes. My wish would be that more people started to play custom maps, and not just Dust2 round after round.
Obviously you've never played in a league or scrimmed. cod4 is a joke.

supergodzilla1
11-05-2009, 03:56 PM
I would like atleast an engine upgrade for CSS. It's pretty horrendously dated at this point. And reskins/glitch removals on the maps to stand up more toe to toe with TF2 would be nice.

Gameplay doesn't have the change. Though visuals and physics would be great.

..........CS2 plox.

noobdeagle
11-09-2009, 04:53 PM
personally CSS is pretty perfect as is we dont need a sequal all id like to see is some more support for CS like an engine update and some map updates bug fixes just kinda continue polishing up CS no reason for a new one i mean what would they change ? IMO just HDR all the maps engine update for multi core and maybe some texture updates and finally bug fixes omg its like CS2 already!

SlurpingRadish
11-09-2009, 06:26 PM
Personally for me, I would add in stuff like hl2e3 before cs2 or portal 2, but with the choices given, mine is:

Portal 2
CS2

But for me, I concentrate on story-driven games first, then if I have nothing else better to do, then I play multiplayer, so I guess I'm a little bias

poullos
11-10-2009, 03:32 AM
personally CSS is pretty perfect as is we dont need a sequal all id like to see is some more support for CS like an engine update and some map updates bug fixes just kinda continue polishing up CS no reason for a new one i mean what would they change ? IMO just HDR all the maps engine update for multi core and maybe some texture updates and finally bug fixes omg its like CS2 already!

How about offering a CS in several mods/options: play the same game in an updated/new engine, play with added features, play modded version.

I still don't get it when people say "No we don't need a new CS"...

djkissmybum
11-10-2009, 02:44 PM
We need a new CS, defianetly!

Kellogs
11-11-2009, 08:11 AM
i think css is fine.....
and i could imagine if a new cs would come out, the wohle cs community would broke!

sry for my english :P

peterwilc
11-12-2009, 08:13 AM
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, November 11, 2009 6:45 PM
To: XXXXXX, Peter A. (JSC-NC)[SAIC]
Cc: Erik Johnson; Doug Lombardi
Subject: RE: NASA Wants Counter-Strike 2

Good.

I'd like cities on the moon. Perhaps a trade is in order?

-----Original Message-----
From: XXXXXX, Peter A. (JSC-NC)[SAIC] [mailto:XXXXXX@nasa.gov]
Sent: Wednesday, November 11, 2009 11:46 AM
To: Gabe Newell
Subject: NASA Wants Counter-Strike 2

We took a poll

Peter A. XXXXXX
JSC (SAIC) S&MA
Associate Subsystem Engineer
Orbiter/CEV Mechanisms

ActionDragon
11-12-2009, 11:36 AM
I vote for a new CS also, but polishing the existing CS:S with an engine update, bug fixes, map fixes, and a slight tweak to the weapons to make all of them worth using would be a good option too.

I don't care about CS:S community really as about 90% of players are 13 year olds anyway who only know how to play very few maps, and how to use very few weapons, and don't have any idea of teamplay. Most of those players also play kids' game mods only that aren't CS:S anymore.

Vapiant
11-12-2009, 02:45 PM
I vote for a new CS also, but polishing the existing CS:S with an engine update, bug fixes, map fixes, and a slight tweak to the weapons to make all of them worth using would be a good option too.

I don't care about CS:S community really as about 90% of players are 13 year olds anyway who only know how to play very few maps, and how to use very few weapons, and don't have any idea of teamplay. Most of those players also play kids' game mods only that aren't CS:S anymore.

I think the guys who started that promod thing had a good concept, you know they got really far, but it seems like they've given up. They fixed map bugs and tried to make it more cs 1.6 alike. In some way I don't think many 10 - 13 years would start playing something like that. If Valve worked with that, they would get a new community.

So I'm hoping that fun play stays in CS:S and we will get some better team play in CS2.

I've seen pictures of a new game that is in development by Minh Le who made CS originally, There was the newest version of the AUG, and a Auto shotty, but I'm pretty sure it was not a cs game. I think this could lead to no new cs game, if it becomes succesful, because they probably don't want to release 2 new FPS's at the same time.

noobdeagle
11-12-2009, 04:06 PM
Of course Valve will wait till the release of HL3 engine. As they said that Gabe wanna release Portal 2 and only then... It's gentle hint. Wait HL3+CS2 bundle. As always - new HL and new CS :rolleyes:

Source is really buggy and bad engine! ;)

P.S. I hope for new engine as a miracle. I believe in Valve! Everyone learn on their own mistakes

the source engine is one of the best engines out their infinitely mod-able easy to use not to hard on requirements and still looks fantastic sure it looks a tad dated but since when does graphics make a good game TBH i want them to keep using source and just keep tweaking it cos lets face it smooth fps and good gameplay will beat chugging along in cs2 at like 20fps just so you can have all your fancy effects

there are some nice user created source engine lighting mods out there like the once that makes every light cast dynamic shadows :P i think source still has alot of untapped potential

also all this CS2 talk you guys know the counterstrike creator who i think is now employed by valve is working on a game called tactical intervention and it looks alot like cs there is is a short early gameplay on youtube and we have an article here http://au.pc.ign.com/articles/102/1028810p1.html

jimmytherat
11-12-2009, 04:39 PM
Portal is a concept game, an excellent game. A concept game should never be followed with "Portal 2". You should get your thinking hats on and come up with something new. You are in the creative industry, ffs.

CS is the premier multiplayer experience. As such, it deserves continued investment. Millions of people would automatically pay for an engine upgrade plus a few new imaginative features to gameplay, by which I don't mean a new type of shotgun.

C'mon, Valve, show us what you are(were) made of!

poullos
11-13-2009, 12:33 AM
the source engine is one of the best engines out their infinitely mod-able easy to use not to hard on requirements and still looks fantastic sure it looks a tad dated but since when does graphics make a good game TBH i want them to keep using source and just keep tweaking it cos lets face it smooth fps and good gameplay will beat chugging along in cs2 at like 20fps just so you can have all your fancy effects

there are some nice user created source engine lighting mods out there like the once that makes every light cast dynamic shadows :P i think source still has alot of untapped potential

also all this CS2 talk you guys know the counterstrike creator who i think is now employed by valve is working on a game called tactical intervention and it looks alot like cs there is is a short early gameplay on youtube and we have an article here http://au.pc.ign.com/articles/102/1028810p1.html

I used to agree with the source engine been updated. However, this is similar to windows OS versions. You can't patch them all the time and add stuff. After some years you have to rebuild your basis and how things work in your engine/OS/etc. I think source served well but it's time for a new one or at least a vastly different version from what we have now. :)

supergodzilla1
11-17-2009, 08:52 PM
What a manly man. :D
However, this is similar to windows OS versions. You can't patch them all the time and add stuff. After some years you have to rebuild your basis and how things work in your engine/OS/etc.
Wrong. Upgrading OS's can be solved with service packs with ease. Windows ME was a rather poor release but got better after a few service packs. Large overhauls like Windows 7 however are done in order to make money. Vista failed to produce (and sucked). So here we are at Windows 7.

Valve is still making money on Counter-strike Source. They can't force us to upgrade on the premise that they will no longer patch Source, that's already been done. This isn't the case for XP. XP support is going to drop in a few years and an upgrade to 7 (arguably) must be in order.

OS =/= Counter-strike.
------
I want to see Counter-strike 2. But there's nothing to actually force Valve to go along with it due to the conditions of CSS being the most popular game played through Steam. (last I checked)

R3NEG4D3
11-17-2009, 10:57 PM

Think of it like Windows Vista and 7...

poullos
11-17-2009, 11:51 PM
What a manly man. :D

Wrong. Upgrading OS's can be solved with service packs with ease. Windows ME was a rather poor release but got better after a few service packs. Large overhauls like Windows 7 however are done in order to make money. Vista failed to produce (and sucked). So here we are at Windows 7.

It solves the issues but after some years you find your code old and the need to redesign to make it more efficient/better. I didn't say they shouldn't upgrade -to the contrary -it's just that using something for 5-6 years in a technology sector like the one of computers, is too much and you have to move on to something new. Think of it like upgrading your pc all the time. Then one day you decide is better to buy a new one ;)

djkissmybum
11-18-2009, 02:34 AM
I know 1 thing - When CS2 will be released on HL3 engine we will see what a bad computer we have :)

LTCHIPS
11-18-2009, 06:18 PM
I don't know, but look at it this way, what made Valve popular first?

TIE Fighter
11-20-2009, 12:11 PM
I'd much rather them work on Counter-Strike: Source, but as for a new game.. definitely Portal 2.

I have Counter-Strike 1.6, Condition Zero and Source to play.. those will definitely last me quite a while (I've been playing since 1.6, so I'll probably keep sticking with these games).. where as I'm done with Portal, and will most likely never install that game again. ~ Plus if Portal had multiplayer, I think that would be much more a reason to have a new Portal.

.. but if Counter-Strike left the shoebox mode, and went more 'battlefield' with the game (32+ players, vehicles, large open maps), without a doubt I would choose a new CS.

surfrock22
11-20-2009, 12:14 PM
Plus if Portal had multiplayer, I think that would be much more a reason to have a new Portal.

True. Portal just does not have much replay value, even in direct comparison to other single player games..

It is awesome and I had a great time with it, but there is little reason to play through the levels again, after you've solved the puzzles..

PUGS1688
11-30-2009, 05:02 PM
I just emailed him and begged for CS2...could you imagine if even a quarter of the CS community emailed him asking for a new CS? They would have to work on it...I think because the two CS games still get like over 100,000 a day, they figure, why bother?

surfrock22
11-30-2009, 05:04 PM
It's actually a bit puzzling as to why a sequel to Counter-Strike has not yet been made; consider how many people still play the original or CS:S.

There is a huge pool of players that would surely buy CS2..

Anti-Flash
11-30-2009, 06:01 PM
i think CS:2 is immanent, Even more so if they dont want to update CS:S with what it deserves to have. New game modes, many more maps. New engine updates, cool snow effects, Maybe some new factions, and lets not forget the all important volume sensitive animated mouths, maybe some expressions like in TF2 Or maybe.. customizable facial expressions. and last and most important DIVE-ABLE VEHICLES WITH MAPS TO GO WITH THEM....

jryda7
11-30-2009, 06:32 PM
i think CS:2 is immanent, Even more so if they dont want to update CS:S with what it deserves to have. New game modes, many more maps. New engine updates, cool snow effects, Maybe some new factions, and lets not forget the all important volume sensitive animated mouths, maybe some expressions like in TF2 Or maybe.. customizable facial expressions. and last and most important DIVE-ABLE VEHICLES WITH MAPS TO GO WITH THEM....

diffrent modes would be fun if you ask me almost similar to cod...cap the flag or team deathmatch..some of the fun things.