PDA

View Full Version : Problems Installing Aion

Stingray2070
08-15-2009, 10:47 AM
I just downloaded Aion and launched it from Steam, now when the NcSoft Launcher starts to patch it is re-downloading the entire game. Just wondering what I have done wrong here.

Dobie
08-15-2009, 11:27 AM
Either you were patching what was left from the steam download (Happens for everyone) or it really did install itself twice.

You can check to see if the launcher reinstalled Aion by right clicking on Aion in the NCLauncer and going to properties. If the game is listed under the steam directory then it was just patching.

Stingray2070
08-15-2009, 11:53 AM
First of all, I had already spent around 5 hours or so downloading it from Steam ♥♥♥♥♥♥ and I'm not 12 :D. Second I know it is trying to download twice because its saving it into its own NcSoft Folder and its not patching because current verson is 0.0.0.0. Aion is already in my steam folder but the Launcher is downloading it again like it isnt recognizing its on my computer. Just don't know what do to from here, I'm just letting the NcSoft Launcher run and DL at this ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ slow rate since I'm not sure how to fix it, but anyone with an idea besides being a complete moron like first reply is very much appreciated. Thx

Dobie
08-15-2009, 11:56 AM
It is an easy enough fix, just go into the properties for Aion under the NCLauncher and direct the file path to the Aion folder in steam, something like c:\program files\steam\steamapps\common\aion\ or wherever your steam directory is.

JustinHit
08-15-2009, 12:04 PM
O all i did was download NCLauncher by searching it on google to replace/reinstall the old NCLauncher.

Stingray2070
08-15-2009, 12:08 PM
Okay looks like it fixed it. Will let you know in a second.

Yupp everything is working fine now. Thanks A lot man, I appreciate your help.

syc
06-26-2010, 04:47 AM
It is an easy enough fix, just go into the properties for Aion under the NCLauncher and direct the file path to the Aion folder in steam, something like c:\program files\steam\steamapps\common\aion\ or wherever your steam directory is.

This worked for me. Downloaded the EU from steam, and the launcher started to download the NA one. May have something to do with my steam folder being on a different partition.

Here's what i did in depth:

Opened "C:\Program Files (x86)\NCSoft\Launcher\Config\Default\Games.xml" in notepad
CTRL+F -> "aion", edited the two lines marked "InstallPath" to point to my "Steam\steamapps\common\aion" folder.

Opened regedit (win+r -> regedit -> enter)
Edited HKCU\Software\NCsoft\Aion\InstallPath to point to the steam folder (D:\Steam\steamapps\common\aion).

Worked perfectly!

EDIT: After i did this, it shows the local version as 1.5.0.1, and starts updating. After verifying all files, it still needs to download 8.7GiB..

silvertemplar
06-26-2010, 03:38 PM
There is no version 1.5.0.1 according to the Aion patcher xml on their servers. The nearest version is 1.5.0.0 and 1.5.1.0 . Because the updater does not know what to do with 1.5.0.1 it just downloads the entire game again as an "update" .

Change your version.ini to 1.5.0.0 and it will update to 1.9.0.1 with only about 4.2GB instead of 9GB .