PDA

View Full Version : Charger related achievement revealed

spikeyroxas
08-18-2009, 05:03 AM
I got the new oxm mag today. Im still reading it...
At 1 bit its talking about versus stratergies and it says this:
as a charger, attack when everybody's standing close together by the water. Knock them all in with one hit and thy could all drown - and you'll get an bowling-based "strike!" achievement for it

I <3 Pain Pills
08-18-2009, 06:54 AM
That's awesome.

rpalace
08-18-2009, 12:11 PM
Good find!

This makes me wonder what the player mechanics for the Charger will be. I thought a "charge" would automatically grab the first Survivor in the way and use him/her to knock down the rest. This makes it seem like there's also just a basic charge attack sans-grab.

Maybe he's still being refined. Any ideas?

Wylde483
08-18-2009, 12:53 PM
Adding some rep to your stockpile man.

rocker25
08-18-2009, 12:55 PM
SPIKEYROXAS IS CREDIT TO TEAM! +rep.

EinsamFechter 1
08-18-2009, 01:26 PM
Good find!

This makes me wonder what the player mechanics for the Charger will be. I thought a "charge" would automatically grab the first Survivor in the way and use him/her to knock down the rest. This makes it seem like there's also just a basic charge attack sans-grab.

Maybe he's still being refined. Any ideas?

from the way I have seen it described the charge is an attack and the grab and slam is a seperate attack, you know like one is left trigger and the other right trigger.

rpalace
08-18-2009, 02:02 PM
from the way I have seen it described the charge is an attack and the grab and slam is a seperate attack, you know like one is left trigger and the other right trigger.

But I wonder if grab and slam includes a charge as well or if you have to time a grab with the charge attack.

spikeyroxas
08-18-2009, 02:24 PM
Thank you, thank you my loyal fans :D

i think that the Charger IMO has this arrangement:
Left Trigger (hold) : builds up chargers charge meter and let go to charge.
Right Trigger : Grab/pin survivor

AI can either grab or charge. I think what Chet meant is that he charges the survivors and grabs the nearest survivor to him. Example: on a parish vid we saw him charge into 3 people and as the last person knocked down was getting up he grabs/pins him as he was the closest at the time.
In a swamp fever vid he didnt charge, after a hunter was shot off coach the plauers turned to see a charger walk up and grab another survivor until he was tragically killed by cough... A frying pan...

Remeber these are my thoughts based on vid evidence and my own thoughts, its not official

EDIT: if you like this i made another thread in the pc forums regarding the SI.
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=943280

apparently the 4th SI tht might not make it in release is Spitter Based

EDIT 2: All releavent info from mag:

Okay heres some points:
- infected are also slowed by the waist deep swamp too but not as much as the survivors.
- uncommon commons do the same amount of damage as commons
- when in water you can only see mudmen coming by ripples in the water
- a part of the swamp is a aligator farm buy the reason theyre no zombie aligators is theyre cold blooded (says chet)
- “each campaign has its own music, faliszek reveals. “the deep south has so many musically distinct areas, we wanted to have fun with that.” There might even be locensed tracks, although Valve’s still pondering
- on the first floor balcony on the plantation house finale theres a new mounted gun that doesnt overheat but has limited bullets
and this:
‘by far the most exciting change to L4D2 is under the hood. The tech of the original game made it hard to add new campaign’s. But now it’s much easier. Valve wont say more, but were expecting DLC campaigns (theres still DLC coming for L4D1 too,were told)
better yet, valve wants to be able to add user created campaigns, made with the pc mod kit. Its still working out if thats possible but the dream is to distribute the best pc mods on 360 – and if they cant be given away, then sell as DLC and pass the money back to the creators. If this happens – emphasis on IF -itll be a revolution

ForbidAn
08-18-2009, 05:17 PM
Awesome! I've been wondering how the hell the charger is gonna work! What interests me though is in one gameplay you can see the Charger mauling on a survivor ,that just got smoked, with his arm. The Charger never actually grabs the survivor though. So perhaps it's impossible to grab smoked survivors now? That's both a good thing and a bad thing IMO.