PDA

View Full Version : Kingpin, omg, on Steam, wassup?

Krakn3Dfx
08-19-2009, 02:02 PM
This game is AWESOME! I still have my CD based copy.

Let's get it goin, I'm down for some Kingpin!

I have hugely fond memories of this game, multiplayer and singleplayer. Interplay should make a sequel.

Wait, why is this $9 on Steam when it's $6 on gog.com?

Jesus H., get it together Valve.

Anyway, here's 10 seconds of awesome, Kingpin style. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAbRDIVU-sg&feature=related)

Tharkon
08-19-2009, 07:05 PM
The good things with steam is more players of course plus overlay chat which is great. Easier to download via steam when you want it etc. Your basically paying a little more cause its not just kingpin only I gather.

rbugaev
08-20-2009, 11:59 AM
yeah, and no cd-audio tracks, as usual.

I wish all these quake engine based games which had cd-audio ingame music were release with audio-tracks converted to mp3, just for listening.

GrimCW
08-20-2009, 02:37 PM
The good things with steam is more players of course plus overlay chat which is great. Easier to download via steam when you want it etc. Your basically paying a little more cause its not just kingpin only I gather.

Steam Overlay is garbage IMHO and needs a major update. its butt ugly, and annoyingly bland.
but the easier to dload and such i can agree too :p

didn't even know it made it onto GoG though.. wonder when it got added.
course its been awhile since i've been to the site :)

kfn00b
08-23-2009, 01:32 AM
kingpin rocks. used to be a big fan of dm. i owned all!

El Pollo Diablo
08-23-2009, 02:37 PM
i owned all!

i don't think so.

TheCheshire
08-24-2009, 08:20 AM
i LOVED this freaking game! awesome, so awesome..

EvaUnit02
09-14-2009, 09:26 PM
The GOG.com release had the CD tracks intact. So not only does the Steam release lack the redbook audio, but it's also $3 more expensive?

Wow, Steam loyalist fanboys are idiots.

james_2k
09-29-2009, 06:35 AM
maybe they want it in the same place as their other games.

rude person

KrazyKain
10-08-2009, 02:06 PM

I wish all these quake engine based games which had cd-audio ingame music were release with audio-tracks converted to mp3, just for listening.

gog has audio :)

Hotmodz
10-08-2009, 03:13 PM
kingpin rocks. used to be a big fan of dm. i owned all!

Greedy is your Kingpin say it with me. :D

Redboy
11-06-2009, 11:34 PM
heh good times good times good times but very OLD .....all weapons are cool...my fav flamethrower aaarrgghhh bbbuuurrrnnn aaahhhhhh

ps) I still kept my original Kingpin CD somewhere....maybe good time to get rid of CD and dl steam ?!

SickFreak
11-13-2009, 03:46 AM
daymn i remember this game, I bought it when it first came out like 12 years ago, ♥♥♥♥ i'm gonna install now. Fell bad for you boys who dont have the original box etc, this game is amazing.

ps add me to your friends list we can have a gangbang.

zarathustra2k1
04-05-2010, 09:32 PM
I was a killin machine with my cooled HMG. =]

Gonna add KP to my games list & see iff'n I can't get some action. So far been using KPGSLite for matchups - pretty bare these days.

I was [GbH]Cud back then (Gangstas Born Hatin') - we were top of theCLQ at one time... =]

NKC42
05-15-2010, 11:49 PM

From what I recall from playing this way back when, the game had some really good ambient/atmospheric sounds, especially that nifty beat that would play on radios scattered around. I wouldn't mind too much about having no CD music in this case.

Kingpin is one of the more atmospheric FPS I've ever played. It would be nothing less then glorious if there was a Kingpin 2 that had Deus Ex style adventuring.

Drowning Witch
11-11-2013, 05:40 AM
game had a cypress hill soundtrack. of course it was good :)