PDA

View Full Version : How do you build giant mulipliers?

Rhylos
08-24-2009, 11:58 AM
The highest multiplier I've been able to get is around 27. How do you keep your multiplier to get it above 50 and beyond? What board and mode is the easiest do build mulitpliers?

bVork
08-24-2009, 12:37 PM
Don't cover the whole screen in paths at once. Instead, work in halves or thirds depending on the level type. Make paths in one section and, while the purple drops are flowing, set up a path in another section but do not close it. Leave it one rotation away from being a completed path and then quickly activate it when the currently active path completes and pieces start dropping. That will carry your multiplier over. Then, do the same thing using the other side.

This works on pretty much any board, but you're better off with wider boards. 1-3 is a good one.

Aitkenj
09-03-2009, 08:51 AM
This works on pretty much any board, but you're better off with wider boards. 1-3 is a good one.

That really.

As you have hit 27 I'd say you pretty much already know what your doing in terms of tactics. Bar the good planning in advance its mostly luck of the draw. Ive had 49 yet sometimes I can't even get to 20.

The 50 is still elusive for me but till they sort the achievements I think I can cope without it :D

Rhylos
09-03-2009, 10:59 AM
I found 1-2 to be the easiest to do it on, though it did take a while to get it. Hopefully it'll be rewarded when achievements are fixed.

09-18-2009, 09:26 PM
I've found 1-3 or 2-3 to be the best. 2-3 is where I attained my highest multiplier yet, 60, but more I'm more consistently over 50 on 1-3. Typically there will be at least one "1-slot" piece, and one should always be saved for when the dials clear. It's much easier to make a path from the middle of the screen than the top, so these guys are your best friends.

Also, just playing more will let you see more intricate patterns as you play, and ways you can optimize the amount of paths you can create at once.

Best of luck. :)

HoosTrax
09-19-2009, 02:48 PM
I got Zen Master 50 on "Humanity's Last Hope" (Power Up 3-3). The reason I picked that one is because:

a) You can use the slowdown and freeze power-ups

b) Although the "taller" boards are more difficult than the 1-X boards, there's more opportunity for more multipliers per board-clear. It's easier to get 3-4 chain reactions in a row than 5-6. If you use a 1-X, you have to rely more on luck to get enough consecutive chain reactions to pull off a 50+ multiplier.

Brett Dunbar
09-22-2009, 12:02 PM
I found that you get certain pieces that if you rotate them it adds to your multiplier (you hear the ping and get the purple droplitz) without forming a path. You can rotate these repeatedly and build up your muliplier. If the multiplier reaches 1000 it changes to err.

Goteki-45
09-22-2009, 01:24 PM
That's definitely a bug, I've never had the purple droplitz appear without a path forming and locking all the pieces.

Driv3n
09-25-2009, 03:24 AM
woot i have unlocked "Combo 35" :D

Abremms
05-06-2010, 05:38 AM
i just had a 67 multiplier on the middle map (2-2?), there was some luck involved. i had alot of drops left, so i cut them off at the top and almost the entire board below the first row was X's, so i turned them all sideways and enjoyed my big numbers :D