PDA

View Full Version : me too

counternube
06-16-2004, 01:04 AM
last update screwed my server too. CPU utilization was high then I restarted all instances of server(each auto-updated without errors), now CPU utilization is fine but games lag horrible occasionally, then calm down. Sucks to be a csadmin today.

counternube
06-16-2004, 02:04 PM
Can someone provide the pre-updated game files that were changed for download so that I can reverse the latest updates? I am going to add a cron job to copy the game directories to another area nightly before the game restarts so that any autoupdates can be reverted, but as it stands I don't have the old files to revert to.

Thanks

Montana
06-16-2004, 03:37 PM
I got them from 5/5-2004.. You can get them here -->> http://www.judge.se/filer/dlls.rar

Visit our homepage at the same time http://www.judge.se

//Montana

Dredster
06-17-2004, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by counternube
Can someone provide the pre-updated game files that were changed for download so that I can reverse the latest updates? I am going to add a cron job to copy the game directories to another area nightly before the game restarts so that any autoupdates can be reverted, but as it stands I don't have the old files to revert to.

Thanks

The game files I saw were available in a previous post, but you can also take out the -autoupdate option from the startup to keep them from updating as well.

counternube
06-18-2004, 12:23 AM
Montana- those are the windows dlls according to your post on the windows forum. I'm guessing the linux libraries are different.

I just updated the MOTD on my server indicating valve botched the update and when they get around to fixing it the lag will stop.

Montana
06-18-2004, 07:31 AM
Yes that's correct , It's for win32,, sorry about that!

//Montana

-[FCB]-Hippo
06-18-2004, 09:46 AM
I tried Montana's pre-update files on my linux server and it works! Just move the .so files into the appropriate folders on your linux server and you should be lag free. There are a few small problems with doing this such as no round timer, but it seems to be ok.

zenichi
06-18-2004, 11:30 AM
valve's gotta do something about this!!!