PDA

View Full Version : TFC is almost forgotten D:

Pages : [1] 2

almaana
09-06-2009, 10:36 PM
I just got TFC today cuz i saw on youtube that it was cool with grenades and stuff.(Im an avid TF2 player) i saw all the original stuff so i got it for 5 bucks on steam.I went on my 1st server on TFC and they were all bots. the next one the same and so on. i had gone through at least 13 servers out of like 40. Why have people given up on this game when its so much more fun than FF and TF2?:confused:

backstepper
09-07-2009, 12:38 PM
I just got TFC today cuz i saw on youtube that it was cool with grenades and stuff.(Im an avid TF2 player) i saw all the original stuff so i got it for 5 bucks on steam.I went on my 1st server on TFC and they were all bots. the next one the same and so on. i had gone through at least 13 servers out of like 40. Why have people given up on this game when its so much more fun than FF and TF2?:confused:
What is FF and i think there are still players for this game. Last time i played tfc and hl:deathmatch i still foun a lot server.

pizzahut
09-07-2009, 02:30 PM
I guess he means Fortress Forever (http://store.steampowered.com/app/900646/), a HL2 mod that is quite similar to TFC.

On the bot issue, try this:
http://www.game-monitor.com/search.php?game=tfc
http://www.gametracker.com/search/tfc/?sort=players&order=desc
The first one displays the number of bots in parenthesis, both trackers sort by number of humans.

Mind that even if currently there are no bots on the server, it doesn't mean that there never will be any. If the number of human players drops, bots might join.
For low pings when using the above server lists:
Use the location filter, which both online server lists have. Choose "within xxxx km/miles".

Vonje
09-07-2009, 02:56 PM
than FF
I sadly don't know.
and TF2?:confused:
Because you're one of the few who are attracted by grenades.

Abilijer
09-10-2009, 11:55 AM
It has nothing to do with grenades (LOL) and everything to do with the fact that TFC isn't a random-damage critfest with 15 second respawn times. I guess TF2 is an awesome game if you don't want to bother with any technique more complicated than a rocket jump.

GrantSolar
09-11-2009, 11:12 AM
I've never really had a problem with a lack of in-use servers. Nevertheless, I tend to stick to the one - It's games-inside.nl I highly recommend it :P

Paft
09-12-2009, 07:08 AM
I've never really had a problem with a lack of in-use servers. Nevertheless, I tend to stick to the one - It's games-inside.nl I highly recommend it :P
It's only populated because several other "servers" redirect you to it. Because of this it has players in the majority of the time, which is nice. :)

Tassadar
09-13-2009, 07:21 PM
Why have people given up on this game when its so much more fun than FF and TF2?:confused:

Because server admin ruined the game with cheat plug in.

RamboCS
09-18-2009, 10:37 PM
I know man,TFC owns TF2 sooooooooo much.TFC needs to be revived,i love that game.

urban360
09-23-2009, 03:19 PM
i have'nt bailed on TFC for TF2 or FF and nether will my server. i always will be a TFC player forever.
TFC is the best.

Because server admin ruined the game with cheat plug in.

i seen that post on an other thread and swear it was by you.
what is that cheat plug in? i stoped playing TF2 and never went back long ago.

was it a source mod plug in? or metamod source plug in?

Tassadar
09-26-2009, 06:08 PM
i have'nt bailed on TFC for TF2 or FF and nether will my server. i always will be a TFC player forever.
TFC is the best.

Servers which can execute command on client when you join them, look into your consol when you join them, if you see that message, dont play on them.

This why i dont play anymore TFC, neither any other Valve game.

Those plug in, like admin mod, amx mod which are forbiden in league play, plague the public ones.

If you want to cheat without beeing VAC ban, start your own server, use those plug in to fake lag and choke others. It will be like if you play with a 0 ping vs a 500 ping. VAC dont banned for server side cheat like that.

Tassadar
09-26-2009, 06:10 PM
TFC is the best.

Servers which can execute command on client when you join them, look into your consol when you join them, if you see that message, dont play on them.

Those plug in, like admin mod, amx mod which are forbiden in league play, plague the public ones.

If you want to cheat without beeing VAC ban, start your own server, use those plug in to fake lag and choke others. It will be like if you play with a 0 ping vs a 500 ping. VAC dont banned for server side cheat like that.

This is why i dont play TFC anymore or any others Valve game.

gufu
09-26-2009, 11:33 PM
TFC is dead. Team Fortress 2 took the crown. The king is dead, long live the king!

Gnu
09-28-2009, 03:24 PM
TFC is dead. Team Fortress 2 took the crown. The king is dead, long live the king!

so you realy think tf2 replaced TFC? HA! and more HA! to you..

Marluxia
09-29-2009, 09:55 AM

Contradiction?

Anyway, I would LOVE to play more TFC, but the servers are too empty.

Exit_
09-29-2009, 03:32 PM
TFC is dead. Team Fortress 2 took the crown.

While the sequel is related to Team Fortress fundamentals, the games are simply too different to replace one another. Like the Quake series, really.

Hwkiller
09-29-2009, 03:34 PM
I can't stand TFC, tbh.

For one thing, it's relentless in that, one hardly has time to figure out the classes and maps before getting killed by a grenade for then 67th time in 2 minutes.

Kydois
09-29-2009, 04:36 PM
I just think that TFC should be modernized so that more people would get it over TF2 at first glance and so the TFC diehard fans would stop ♥♥♥♥♥ing about how the game is dead and is so much better than TF2 blah blah blah.

Gnu
09-29-2009, 08:18 PM
why would we complain it's dead when we still play it every day :confused: only whiners i see are the tf2 fan-boys tbh

also, if you get killed by nades every 2 mins your just a crappy gamer dude, nades are just 1 of the 4 weapons you got and tbh the easiest to dodge, maybe you should try something easy like TeletubiesOnline then :rolleyes:

bledd
10-02-2009, 06:29 AM
someone on here should arrange a 'TFC day' once a week, where everyone vows to join the servers

:)

Gnu
10-02-2009, 08:06 AM
someone on here should arrange a 'TFC day' once a week, where everyone vows to join the servers

:)

every day is TFC day, whats your point? :p

chewburyjr
10-04-2009, 12:35 AM
But TFC is much faster paced than TF2, runs better AND has far less haxxors.
also,as it's an older game, it runs really quick on any computer! (heck, I play it on this very laptop all the time!)
in true radicalist fashion, I think we should get a 3rd party modder to make a TFC source ):D

Paft
10-04-2009, 05:22 AM
But TFC is much faster paced than TF2, runs better AND has far less haxxors.
also,as it's an older game, it runs really quick on any computer! (heck, I play it on this very laptop all the time!)
in true radicalist fashion, I think we should get a 3rd party modder to make a TFC source ):DFortress-Forever.com (http://fortress-forever.com/)

orangensaft
10-04-2009, 05:32 AM
Fortress-Forever.com (http://fortress-forever.com/)
Fortress Forever = a Fortress mod on Source
Fortress Forever != TFC Source

chewburyjr
10-05-2009, 10:27 AM
acebest, thanks!

xord96
10-11-2009, 08:35 AM
Contradiction?

He means the old king, TFC, is dead, long live the new king, TF2

NovaStar116
10-13-2009, 07:48 PM
You guys only play TFC because of your crap computers :P

Paft
10-13-2009, 10:48 PM
You guys only play TFC because of your crap computers :P There is some truth to that. :)

Sinnah
10-14-2009, 06:33 AM
Consider that another great thing about TFC. You can run it on pretty much any crap computer. :D

On the other hand, I just built myself a top end gaming system so I could enjoy the some of the latest and upcoming releases. After the first week I found myself playing nothing but TFC again. :cool:

All that hardware going to waste playing a ten year old game. LOL

orangensaft
10-14-2009, 08:17 AM
And BTW, TFC looks worse on a better computer. For example: If you have transparent/additive water, go in it, and look up into the sky, the skybox is black instead of itself.

That's why I am building an old computer.. So i can play TFC while it looks good :)

Sonic
10-15-2009, 01:16 PM
I just think that TFC should be modernized so that more people would get it over TF2 at first glance and so the TFC diehard fans would stop ♥♥♥♥♥ing about how the game is dead and is so much better than TF2 blah blah blah.

Do you think that valve will work whit goldsrc engine again....not even ep1 engine (css) lool....stoop dreaming...there is no hope for an update

dirtybirdy
10-19-2009, 03:13 PM
i like tf2 and tfc both but the lack of any good servers just kills tfc for me and all the pointless servers with 15 bots cluttering the list are really ♥♥♥♥ing annoying

if anyone has any servers hosted in NA that have some regular traffic with no god damn bots please post them :]

urban360
11-01-2009, 10:23 PM
why is everyone complaining TFC servers are empty? instead of siting around waiting for everyone els to join in first why dont you just make use of this thing called steam community and really use the friends list and set games up. maybe even start your own TFC group and schedule games. doing so only takes a moment of your time.

be more constructive about it and at least try to do something about. i have done it and tend to wind up with no bot games. doing something about it really takes someone that actually gives a crap.

This is why i dont play TFC anymore or any others Valve game.

wow hold up a minute. how does servers that use amx mod x and admin mod suck? are talking about admin cheats? i dont see why those mods should'nt be in league games. as long as the admins dont use the their admin to cheat. all is fare.

EnsignBlue
11-01-2009, 11:34 PM
TFC, much like Quakeworld, is a gem from a bygone era. All we can do is reminisce.

Count_Striker
11-02-2009, 12:30 AM

the reason is because tf2 is so much better

AURONtheGREAT
11-02-2009, 05:09 AM
TF2 will never be as good as TFC or even FF. Sorry. TF2 is fun but it just doesn't hold a candle to TFC/FF.

Sonic
11-04-2009, 06:28 PM
Thats your opinion...

anyway i have friends who play tfc...but he play in the servers only have players ^^'''

urban360
11-04-2009, 09:59 PM
the reason is because tf2 is so much better

more Players in tf2 makes it is your only listed reason. more players dose'nt mean the gameplay is better.

why do you guys spend so much time focusing on how many of the servers have all players and how many is bots? just pick a server you like and not let bot servers get to you. its like as if you guys think all bot server change how much fun you have on all players and no bot servers.

you guys keep basing traffic of the entire game its self instead of basing player traffic on the individual servers.

you spend too much time judging how many players of all the servers together.

thepounder1
11-05-2009, 09:03 AM
It has nothing to do with grenades (LOL) and everything to do with the fact that TFC isn't a random-damage critfest with 15 second respawn times. I guess TF2 is an awesome game if you don't want to bother with any technique more complicated than a rocket jump.

It sppears to me you misunderstand a lot of what goes on in TF2 and/or have been playing it on crapfest servers with silly little kids. Also, there are many, many TF2 servers with modified or no respawn times. You can find these by typing something like "respawn" or "norespawn" in the Server Filters box, then Refresh the server list.

Gnu
11-05-2009, 09:11 AM
It sppears to me you misunderstand a lot of what goes on in TF2 and/or have been playing it on crapfest servers with silly little kids. Also, there are many, many TF2 servers with modified or no respawn times. You can find these by typing something like "respawn" or "norespawn" in the Server Filters box, then Refresh the server list.

so there are no complicated techniques because he was playing on a crappy server... eh??:confused:

coochiekuta
11-07-2009, 07:25 PM
team fortress is one of the greatest games of its type ever made. however it truly died around 2000, 2001 when counterstrike was at its height.

VforV
11-18-2009, 03:39 PM
Yeah, I agree. Not changing the whole game into a HL1 version of TF2, but things like adding a new more modern menu background, replace the annoying sounds in the menu when you go over the menu items with your mouse with better ones, and add some voice commands in the game. GOTTA MOVE THAT GEAR UP! :D

TF2 will never be as good as TFC or even FF. Sorry. TF2 is fun but it just doesn't hold a candle to TFC/FF.
Then why does TF2 has tons of players, and TFC hardly has any servers, and the few servers left filled with bots? Why don't you just play TFC in stead of complaining TF2 is not as good as TFC?

Today I launched TFC and was hoping to get to play it more, but the lack of good servers with good players on it made me exit the game faster than expected.

Also don't understand what's so precious about those grenades. In TF2 you have enough explosion spam from the soldier and the demoman. And I tried Fortress Forever once, but found out it was hell of a lot more boring than TFC, and has even less players (can be changed by this time as it's a long time ago I played FF).

Sinnah
11-18-2009, 05:24 PM
Yeah, I agree. Not changing the whole game into a HL1 version of TF2, but things like adding a new more modern menu background, replace the annoying sounds in the menu when you go over the menu items with your mouse with better ones, and add some voice commands in the game. GOTTA MOVE THAT GEAR UP! :D

I fail to see how any of those suggestions adds anything of value to the game. Or how implementing any of them would attract new folks to the game. :confused:

Then why does TF2 has tons of players, and TFC hardly has any servers, and the few servers left filled with bots?

TF2 has tons of players because it's shiny and new. Some people find it fun, and that's great. I won't take that away from anyone. Also, I'm willing to bet that for the vast majority of TF2 players it's their first experience with a "TF-style" game. For those of us who started with TFC, or even QuakeTF, it's lacking considerably in that certain...something...that can't really be explained to the uninitiated.

Eventually TF2 players will grow older, get bored with it, and move onto something else, just as TFC players did. Yet TFC has lasted over a decade now, and I'll be interested to see where TF2 will be in that same amount of time. I suspect there will be a lot of TF2 players starting threads complaining about how much TF3 sucks and why the hell doesn't anyone play TF2 anymore. :p

Why don't you just play TFC in stead of complaining TF2 is not as good as TFC?

Now this I can agree with wholeheartedly. :D

orangensaft
11-19-2009, 03:27 AM
@Menu Background: It would be great if TFC actually had a widescreen background.

(My point is: stop asking about updates, if Valve can't even include a widescreen background.)

VforV
11-19-2009, 05:32 AM
Last night I played some TFC, on Drippey's 2fort server, but I'm still a total noob. Every second I got killed by all the nade- and rocketspam. Glad that that's gone in TF2 accually.

Before TF2 came out, I had played TFC a bit too, but on fun servers with co-op maps, nothing to do with the real TFC. :P

@Sinnah: You would be surprised, but those small things can have a huge effect on people. What's the first thing they see when they launch the game? Indeed, the menu. If that doesn't look attractive, they'll exit the game pretty soon. Too bad the background from TFC 1.5 isn't in the Steam version, the one in TFC 1.5 had animations in it and looked better (same for the other non-Steam Half-Life games/mods).

And voice commands are just to boost the fun factor again. :P It doesn't have to be like TF2, but now there's completely nothing. Only the 'hup!' when jumping and the 'medic!' one, which sounds... crappy.

The bleep when you say something in the chat is also annoying, and the text disappears too quickly, mostly I have to look back in console to see what a person said.

bearsomg
11-19-2009, 05:46 AM
Usually, if the latency is 0, that means that they are a bot. Or if there is a space in their name, and it is filled with an underscore. Or if there seems to be a theme of names, all of the names that fit that theme are bots. Anyways, there are still alot of people that play TFC.

Ropeburn
12-01-2009, 05:09 PM
I love playing tfc. It's a very fun game, however, I'd really like the 2nd one. Would anyone be willing to gift me tf2? There was a sale for like 2 dollars.

sammyjr44
12-01-2009, 08:17 PM
I like TF2 more. NOW though. I used to love playing TFC back in like 2002 when a lot more people played it. Now it just seems too outdated. But that used to be my favorite game.

Bellcross
12-05-2009, 12:22 AM
Fortress-Forever.com (http://fortress-forever.com/)

So can this mod work with TFC that's provided/hosted by steam? or is this just a mod that no one plays/uses. cuz if possible i ld like get this mod once I get TFC this Monday.

Paft
12-05-2009, 07:12 AM
A Team Fortress mod for Half-life 2's Source Engine.

What Is Fortress Forever? (http://fortress-forever.com/wiki2/index.php?title=What_Fortress_Forever_Is)

BadDudeGiovanni
12-05-2009, 05:50 PM
So can this mod work with TFC that's provided/hosted by steam? or is this just a mod that no one plays/uses. cuz if possible i ld like get this mod once I get TFC this Monday.

You need a Source game, like HL2, CSS, TF2. TFC is not Source. Fortress Forever usually has around three to five populated servers.

I can still find many populated servers in TFC but it's not the same as playing with friends with actual teamwork. It's just a meat grinder, IMHO. Guess I'm just gonna have to convince some friends to get this again.

Bellcross
12-05-2009, 07:19 PM
You need a Source game, like HL2, CSS, TF2. TFC is not Source. Fortress Forever usually has around three to five populated servers.

I can still find many populated servers in TFC but it's not the same as playing with friends with actual teamwork. It's just a meat grinder, IMHO. Guess I'm just gonna have to convince some friends to get this again.

Soooo if I was to get Team Fortress 2 then I could play this mod? if so then that cool seeing how I plan I picking Up TF2 anyhow as well as TFC :D

TheRocketWinter
12-07-2009, 11:24 AM
It could have something to do with a majority of the gaming community having better computers so they play better looking games. Sooner or later TFC, DoD 1.3, and even the almighty CS 1.6 will eventually, sooner or later have no servers left. So just deal with the fact that time took your game away and move on like everyone else so you can enjoy a better gaming community.

Jaco P
12-07-2009, 01:30 PM
I can't stand TFC, tbh.

For one thing, it's relentless in that, one hardly has time to figure out the classes and maps before getting killed by a grenade for then 67th time in 2 minutes.

You have to learn to walk before you can run don't you?

TheRocketWinter
12-07-2009, 03:53 PM
^Good point.

snowmonky
12-07-2009, 04:31 PM
TF2 is so different from TFC it's not even worth comparing them that much.

Addicted_Gamer
12-07-2009, 05:14 PM
Why have people given up on this game when its so much more fun than FF and TF2?:confused:

>.> Perhaps it's because TF2 is much more balanced and without the grenade spamming, compared to TFC.

Getsuga Tensho
12-17-2009, 07:31 PM
Why do people keep comparing TFC and TF2? Sure TF2 is the sequel to TF2 but they are completely different games aside from a few things - TF2 is just Valves own take on what they wanted in a TF game, very different from TFC.

No point comparing them, your just going to start an argument between players from both games most of the time.

Anyways, back to the topic: TFC isn't forgotten by a long shot, you just have to look for the right servers.

boogerhead
12-22-2009, 12:50 PM
I missed the fact that the engie's turrets were rly OP'd and fast to build in TFC, and you needed your entire team to take it out. Now in TF2 all you need is a Uber pair, nades or a scout using boink as a distraction.

I also miss the old 2forts, and how it was suicide to run across that bridge, now it's like a capture and hold for that bridge in TF2 as it is rly hard to snipe someone through the roof.

rvam
12-28-2009, 09:12 AM
I know man,TFC owns TF2 sooooooooo much.TFC needs to be revived,i love that game.

I loved TFC with all my rocket splashed gibbs :D
I dont see TFC being re-worked cause valve already put a lot of effort on TF2..
TFC will remain the same and will be played until the old-timers retire.. new gamers go straight to TF2 or FF and I do not think Valve will do anything about it (maybe give TF2 for TFC players in a couple of years so they keep playing Valves game.

it runs really quick on any computer! (heck, I play it on this very laptop all the time!

I have a NETBOOK and TFC plays on it w/o any problems, AT ALL!!

xcept I deleted steam from my Netbook cause I needed the memory :P

=HCFS=Discoman
12-29-2009, 04:34 PM

there's often players on the mod servers. try a NeoTF server.
there are a bunch of empty servers, as in a bunch of other games.

Double Helix
01-20-2010, 01:39 AM
I can always find a server on TFC. The Gas Chamber has a lot of players on almost all the time. It's the only server I go on nowadays.

Paft
01-20-2010, 06:01 AM
Double Helix!

-Scarface

Pad See Ew
01-23-2010, 10:22 AM
>.> Perhaps it's because TF2 is much more balanced and without the grenade spamming, compared to TFC.
I love TF2 but for the love of God it is not a balanced game. It's the biggest steamrolling fest I've seen in any game.

I enjoyed me some TFC the other night, on a server with (mostly) humans. I think it was The Gas Chamber. Got my butt kicked hard as a Sniper on 2fort (I used to be quite good at it) then played Medic and.....

...I remembered how to conc jump! It was glorious.

Hey everyone looking to get our TFC on let's just meet at one server, how about The Gas Chamber?

Dinosaur Gas
01-23-2010, 11:48 AM
Hey everyone looking to get our TFC on let's just meet at one server, how about The Gas Chamber?

That is the best idea I have heard on this forum in a long time.;)

WaRRioRTF
01-23-2010, 02:12 PM
To be honest , TFC still has community. Problem is , lots of server hosters think that they'r E-peen will grow 5 inches everytime someone joins they'r bot filled server , even if they leave after 3 seconds.

urban360
01-23-2010, 09:49 PM
when it come to bots, the dumber they are the more annoying.

cant stand servers with 14+ bots with really low AI. every where u go they stop every 5 steps they take and walk again. just drives me nuts.

if someone adds 12+ bots at least make them good (conc,rocket jump, fast responsive to world&players and a league gamer air shot).

Paft
01-24-2010, 07:56 AM
There are too many unnecessary servers up. Most of which filled to the brim with bots. This is why from an outsiders point of view it looks "dead".

AbzWayne
01-24-2010, 09:07 AM
Hey folks, Used to play TFC a LOT a wee while back. preferred it to TF2.
The Bot Filled servers are SO annoying, should limit the bots to less than 1/3rd Bots, and scrap the Stupid Bots.
Still looking for a decent LIVE Player server to really get back into the game, after a break of 6 - 8 months...
So come on folks, lets get a few Real servers back and properly take this and make it live again..

Peace

=HCFS=Discoman
01-24-2010, 05:13 PM
i dont know-i have run into some good bots that are almost indistinguishable from humans-the giveaway is that they are still bots, and, well, semi predictable
some are better than others

=HCFS=Discoman
01-24-2010, 05:14 PM
the other fun bit is that sentries aren't overpowered-and instead of saps, you get sabotage (or am i thinking of FF?)

urban360
01-24-2010, 09:23 PM
Hey folks, Used to play TFC a LOT a wee while back. preferred it to TF2.
The Bot Filled servers are SO annoying, should limit the bots to less than 1/3rd Bots, and scrap the Stupid Bots.
Still looking for a decent LIVE Player server to really get back into the game, after a break of 6 - 8 months...
So come on folks, lets get a few Real servers back and properly take this and make it live again..

Peace
i dont get why People bother making 24/7 servers and never play on it. normally it cost moola to run em dedicated 24/7, tisk tisk waste of money if your only on it 1 hour a week or month and then to fill it with bots, thats no way to go.

i dont know-i have run into some good bots that are almost indistinguishable from humans-the giveaway is that they are still bots, and, well, semi predictable
some are better than others

my server is one of those that have hard core bots but again there is only 4, 6 tops if the map is larger. the problem with dumb bots are 95% of server owners never bother configure them and or run it with really out dated bot dlls.

with me, im normally on it many times dayly and get top of things. if something is not right try and fix it. even when its a map native to the server. like today or tomorrow add a nail grenade bug fix if the one built into neotf fails somehow.

Again to "everyone" that currently or want to own their own server, Never make one and neglect it, Shame.

the other fun bit is that sentries aren't overpowered-and instead of saps, you get sabotage (or am i thinking of FF?)

i think your thinking of FF even tho i neva played it. TFC dont have none of those as i recall, instead you got grenades to bounce off a wall and bomb the Sentry around a corner. Faves for knocking out SGs; nail grenade,EMP and Merv.

random thought Pyro reading this topic...
grenade is good to make a burn pile of enemy Players so close together.

EMP is good to one hit kill all of enemies grouped in one place

Echturn
01-25-2010, 07:21 PM
Heck no, I love this game.

AbzWayne
02-04-2010, 07:22 PM
:( Use this server myself, just a shame a lot of idiots go there to just TK others. Getting a good game of TFC going is damn near impossible.
Most servers do dif things in a dif way, like class restrictions, bhop on /off and my fave Low Gravity :D

But agree with another poster, this game really needs to be revived, much beter game play that TF2.. MUCH BETTER !!!

Battle_Boar
02-05-2010, 01:53 AM
This game will never die!

cochise
02-16-2010, 02:34 AM
It's been about 8 months since I last played TF2.

The graphics in TF2 are sweet, but the game play is terrible.
Movement in the game is sooooo slow. It takes you forever to
spawn and get back into the game.

In TF2 you can't blast your buddy up on a roof with sticky bombs.
In TFC you can, and it's a great tactic like in the map Palermo
where you can blast the Engy onto a roof and he can build a
teleport so that your team can advance quicker.

I'm all done with TF2...biggest reason is it's too damn slow to play.

TFC has the best gameplay. It's fast and furious. I love TFC...forever!!

Darth Rong
02-16-2010, 02:39 AM
TFC is dead. Get with the program.

Trade System
02-18-2010, 12:15 AM
Nooooo!

Paft
02-18-2010, 05:16 AM
Granted, it is an oldie, so it is no surprise it is quieter. Every server isn't swarming with players like recent games. It sounds like your not playing just because it isn't extremely popualr.

There are still specific popular servers in Euro and States that people frequent on.

Also there is a World Championship (http://wctfc.org) running.

So dead, um..no. Not yet. Come back and say it is dead when it really is.

Comduter
02-20-2010, 08:14 PM
There are too many unnecessary servers up. Most of which filled to the brim with bots. This is why from an outsiders point of view it looks "dead".I agree. That and when I try to find and join a populated server, it happens to be filled with nothing but bots. It only makes it more difficult to join a server with human beings. Every once in a long while, and real human will join for about a minute and then leave. It certainly seems dead to me, and if it's not, then doubt the game is anything like it was in its prime.

orangensaft
02-21-2010, 05:58 AM
I agree. That and when I try to find and join a populated server, it happens to be filled with nothing but bots. It only makes it more difficult to join a server with human beings. Every once in a long while, and real human will join for about a minute and then leave. It certainly seems dead to me, and if it's not, then doubt the game is anything like it was in its prime.

Take a look at the GTFCIaFDB serverlist (http://teamfortressclassic.org/?sec=information&site=servers), it lists most of the active and extraordinary TFC servers.

Paft
02-21-2010, 08:35 AM
Also, there are several U.S. and Euro pickup games played daily. Sure, it's mostly vet players, but still...

If you're half experienced you'll enjoy them more than most pub games anyway.

urban360
02-21-2010, 11:37 AM
servers drive me nuts when its loaded with bots mostly with really bad A.I. my opinion all servers with severe lack management and attendance by admins need to go for sure. if you have a server and don't have time for it what are you doing owning one anyway? its absolute dead weight the game don't need.

if all servers really tone down the use of bots and all the dead weight servers are gone and never to return this problem would vastly go away.

it feels so dead because all the players are scattered through out the mass amount of bots and dead weight servers. its like finding a needle in a haystack. those 2 things are causing a big population drag in the game.

there is like well over 130+ players in the game at a given time. just spread out in small numbers. 4 ppl here, 3 ppl there, 1 dude here, 2 over there, 30 in that one and so on. to many freaking server and ppl just keep making more and only attend it once in a blue moon
Granted, it is an oldie, so it is no surprise it is quieter. Every server isn't swarming with players like recent games. It sounds like your not playing just because it isn't extremely popualr.

There are still specific popular servers in Euro and States that people frequent on.

Also there is a World Championship (http://wctfc.org) running.

So dead, um..no. Not yet. Come back and say it is dead when it really is.nicely said.

Paft
02-21-2010, 11:41 AM
Nicely said to you too. It's what I was trying to say, but didn't quite manage to.

urban360
02-21-2010, 12:14 PM
to be honest for those to see best graphics as a best game are blind to what make a good game and game play wins while graphics and improving physics is only a bonus.

same thing with map making. you can make it look awesome but if its layout has no flow and lack of alternate tactical routes it brings fun down. even long routes can get really annoying, sure its a scenic rout but you walk too long to get there.

f0e
02-22-2010, 08:53 PM
I love the graphics of TFC

Hobble
02-23-2010, 01:44 PM

"technique"? all you mean is Bunny Hopping, lol.

Sinnah
02-23-2010, 03:20 PM
"technique"? all you mean is Bunny Hopping, lol.

You've got to be kidding me...

Pwns4you!
02-27-2010, 05:47 AM
I just got TFC today cuz i saw on youtube that it was cool with grenades and stuff.:
Everyone hated the grenades! constant grenade spamming and the fact that noobs can just get an easy kill by spamming the grenades everywhere before they die, I was thanking god that they took them out of tf2

urban360
02-27-2010, 10:44 PM
Everyone hated the grenades! constant grenade spamming and the fact that noobs can just get an easy kill by spamming the grenades everywhere before they die, I was thanking god that they took them out of tf2

Everyone is only an exaggeration. not everyone hates grenades. to be honest you dont have to take grenades out of the picture all together because of nade spam. EZ as reduce how often the grenade pack respawns and reduce the amount you spawn with. also, if noobs just spam nades on the fly, where are the admins? i make sure if there are spammers&spawn campers its taken care of on my server. really people to sink so low to do that shouldn't even play it at all.

orangensaft
02-28-2010, 03:42 AM
Why did you even bother playing TFC?

Trancetasy
03-21-2010, 12:37 PM
memories of TFC (WON.NET)

- jump sniping hs as sniper
- running around infecting aids as medic
- conc jumping as medic/scout
- owning noob hwguy's with nades
- rocket jumping as soldier to battlement on 2fort owning noob snipers
- bhopping as scout across the whole map within 10 secs of less
- fun times @ hunted/epicenter/rock2/cz2/minigolf3/various custom maps

http://www.planetfortress.com/jmcstfmapzone/tfcindex.html

bleh75
03-21-2010, 03:26 PM
Spam was usually pretty easy to avoid if you knew the choke points.If armor stripping was on which it was by default then it sucked true.Why that was never turned off by default is beyond me :p

- rocket jumping as soldier to battlement on 2fort owning noob snipers.
Haha yes that was always great or I made a funny emp + bag toss script that owned anybody on either battlements.Stabbing and gas nading them was great fun 2.Then you got to watch them run around shooting everyone and then everyone shot them around the map lolz :)

I think that the main reason I tired of TF2 so fast snipers can pretty much sit back and relax.That and making medic basically a spectator haha gg.That wouldn't be so bad if more people actually protected their medic instead of spamming / yelling Medic! over and over...

tschumann
03-21-2010, 10:53 PM
If armor stripping was on which it was by default then it sucked true.Why that was never turned off by default is beyond me

What's armour stripping?

orangensaft
03-22-2010, 07:12 AM
What's armour stripping?

When shooting a teammate, if mp_teamplay 21 is set which is default, your teammate's armor points (AP) decrease. If mp_teamplay 1 is set, teammates' AP and HP decrease just like enemies'.

Sinnah
03-22-2010, 06:39 PM
That and making medic basically a spectator haha gg.That wouldn't be so bad if more people actually protected their medic instead of spamming / yelling Medic! over and over...

NO KIDDING.

My favorite class in TFC has become my least favorite class in TF2.

bleh75
03-23-2010, 12:18 AM
Ya no doubt I think they made medic and soldier weak because they were played so much / a long time by veteran players.They would have dominated noobs 2 much or something :p No love for us people that hung around how many years for TF2 ??

Most of the servers I played at or was an admin had armor strip off or I could hit up their message board / server OP and say hey could you set mp_teamplay 1300 plz plz :D Nothing like going outside and having all your armor stripped b4 you got 20 feet :o

urban360
03-24-2010, 09:08 AM
i already have no armor strip and no heath loss by FF on my server:).

Battle_Boar
03-24-2010, 04:21 PM
Medic infections for everyone!

EntropyGuard
03-25-2010, 02:11 PM
It's old, looks horrible and no one wants to play it anymore. Even the style of gameplay is outmoded. DM-type games like Quake and Unreal are just dinosaur genres better left extinct.

Not to say it wasn't fun when I was in middle school but really now.

OscarIsNeLul
03-25-2010, 04:26 PM
It's old, looks horrible and no one wants to play it anymore. Even the style of gameplay is outmoded. DM-type games like Quake and Unreal are just dinosaur genres better left extinct.

Funny. So what kind of gameplay do people enjoy these days? Easy pub games with random critshots, useless itemdrops and even more useless hats? Or just no gameplay at all, only nice gfx?

orangensaft
03-26-2010, 05:16 AM

1. *LOL*
2. You just made yourself the biggest fool of the TFC forums. Go play TF2, noob. :)

EntropyGuard
03-29-2010, 10:37 AM
Funny. So what kind of gameplay do people enjoy these days? Easy pub games with random critshots, useless itemdrops and even more useless hats? Or just no gameplay at all, only nice gfx?

They enjoy tactical team shooters and the battlefield series, evidently. But not bunnyhopping and games running in the quake engine so much.

1. *LOL*
2. You just made yourself the biggest fool of the TFC forums. Go play TF2, noob. :)

I see.

Trancetasy
03-29-2010, 02:13 PM

TFC went dead when Steam decided to shut down WON.NET. Which Steam was born and lost plenty of old school players who hated using it. Same thing will happen again when Valve decide to shut down Steam with some new product to replace Steam.

0wn3|)
03-29-2010, 02:21 PM
They enjoy tactical team shooters and the battlefield series, evidently. But not bunnyhopping and games running in the quake engine so much.

I see.

So no one enjoys bunnyhopping? I understand games running on the quake engine. That engine is outdated, and technically it doesn't RUN on it. It uses parts of it. The engine itself is entirely different; therefore, calling it the quake engine would be in correct.

Tactical team shooters? Battlefield series? First off, lots of people enjoy Call of Duty - that's not really tactical even though it claims itself to be. Call of Duty, let's face it, is just spray and pray getting a bunch of kills as well as camping. If you call camping a tactic, well then camping has been there for quite awhile - i.e. counter-strike. Moving on to the Battlefield series, Bad Company 2 is actually pretty good. It's a single game part of a bigger franchise, it's not like everyone loves Battlefield, they just love a single game that seems worthwhile.

Team Fortress Classic required skill - it had a learning curve, unlike most games today. Now adays, like TF2, anyone can pick up the game and pretty much own everyone - EVEN THOUGH THEY NEVER TOUCHED A GAME BEFORE IN THEIR LIFE. Team Fortress 2 is too casual. The casual gaming audience is pretty large. Team Fortress Classic was the type of game that would require weeks, even months, to actually be able to have a good skill level. You couldn't just dive in and start owning every person you see - you had to learn. Again, now adays everything is served up on a silver platter, as if only graphics matter. Psh.

EntropyGuard
03-30-2010, 05:05 PM
So no one enjoys bunnyhopping? I understand games running on the quake engine. That engine is outdated, and technically it doesn't RUN on it. It uses parts of it. The engine itself is entirely different; therefore, calling it the quake engine would be in correct.

Tactical team shooters? Battlefield series? First off, lots of people enjoy Call of Duty - that's not really tactical even though it claims itself to be. Call of Duty, let's face it, is just spray and pray getting a bunch of kills as well as camping. If you call camping a tactic, well then camping has been there for quite awhile - i.e. counter-strike. Moving on to the Battlefield series, Bad Company 2 is actually pretty good. It's a single game part of a bigger franchise, it's not like everyone loves Battlefield, they just love a single game that seems worthwhile.

Team Fortress Classic required skill - it had a learning curve, unlike most games today. Now adays, like TF2, anyone can pick up the game and pretty much own everyone - EVEN THOUGH THEY NEVER TOUCHED A GAME BEFORE IN THEIR LIFE. Team Fortress 2 is too casual. The casual gaming audience is pretty large. Team Fortress Classic was the type of game that would require weeks, even months, to actually be able to have a good skill level. You couldn't just dive in and start owning every person you see - you had to learn. Again, now adays everything is served up on a silver platter, as if only graphics matter. Psh.

Those are the shooters that are popular now. When a game comes out that is essentially old-school DM it quickly dies because that genre isn't king of the shooter mountain anymore. Whether that is a good or bad thing is more a matter of personal taste.

Also, again, I never said anything about TF2 but it is clear that your experience with skilled TF2 players is limited or your opinion is against the game itself which skews how you view it.

OscarIsNeLul
03-30-2010, 08:07 PM
skilled TF2 players

LOL

callmesuspect
03-31-2010, 08:33 PM
TFC isn't as fun as TF2 is.

prkprkprk
04-01-2010, 09:13 PM
TFC isn't as fun as TF2 is.

Stop trolling.

urban360
04-02-2010, 02:23 AM
review back to this post i missed.

Last night I played some TFC, on Drippey's 2fort server, but I'm still a total noob. Every second I got killed by all the nade- and rocketspam. Glad that that's gone in TF2 accually.

Before TF2 came out, I had played TFC a bit too, but on fun servers with co-op maps, nothing to do with the real TFC. :P

@Sinnah: You would be surprised, but those small things can have a huge effect on people. What's the first thing they see when they launch the game? Indeed, the menu. If that doesn't look attractive, they'll exit the game pretty soon. Too bad the background from TFC 1.5 isn't in the Steam version, the one in TFC 1.5 had animations in it and looked better (same for the other non-Steam Half-Life games/mods).

And voice commands are just to boost the fun factor again. :P It doesn't have to be like TF2, but now there's completely nothing. Only the 'hup!' when jumping and the 'medic!' one, which sounds... crappy.

The bleep when you say something in the chat is also annoying, and the text disappears too quickly, mostly I have to look back in console to see what a person said.

there's a reason why maps come in different sizes and min/max player recommendations. drippys 2fort being a big box server packing 22+ players in to too small of a map of course its going to be nade spam. if its starting to feel like spam try going to a bigger map that designed for high traffic.

running maps on a server lesson 101: Don't run too small of maps for the amount of people playing. result in nasty flood of fire power.

Forward Area
04-07-2010, 11:25 AM
1. *LOL*

Actually.. hes kinda right...

It's old,

Check

looks horrible

Check

and no one wants to play it anymore.

Debatable, but the game is not the most played if you look around.

Even the style of gameplay is outmoded. DM-type games like Quake and Unreal are just dinosaur genres better left extinct.

Check.

TFC is a good game though and shame it is being forgotten. I had a lot of fun with it back in the days (my first online experience.. if you don't count StarCraft shareware).

OscarIsNeLul
04-07-2010, 11:59 AM
It's old

True, but why is that a bad thing? Chess is old to but it's still a fun game.

looks horrible

People are just spoiled these days. My first game was a text based adventure, the graphics engine was our imagination. But those games had something that modern games don't have: fun gameplay.

the game is not the most played if you look around.

Blame valve. Or just any modern developer really, they turned gaming into a casual hobby so now games have to be easy so even rtarded kids can play them.

Even the style of gameplay is outmoded. DM-type games like Quake and Unreal are just dinosaur genres better left extinct.

Again, what styles of gameplay do people want then? Every modern shooter seems to be about achievements, unlocks and nice graphics. How is that fun?

psihomir2
04-08-2010, 01:40 AM
Let me write a little wall of text to explain why I think TF2 is the better game for today's times, from my point of view.

I bought TFC a few months ago. I had lots of fun in the beginning, I clocked about 70 hours on it and got bored, then went back to TF2. What happened? Well, for starters, the game is so monotonous. Class diversity feels like a moot point when it seems that all a team ever needs are soldiers and medics, with the rest pretty much acting as fillers. Oh yeah and snipers, provided they can hit.

Then there was the skill level. Sure, I appreciate a game where skill matters. But I can't find the enjoyment in getting repeatedly owned and owned and owned again by people who've had 5+ years to master their bhopping, concing and the few other core skills that seem to make up for the majority of a player's skillset in this game. Sorry but I just can't dedicate so much time of my life to get on an even level with this type of player - and it looked like there were quite a lot of them.

I'm not even going to bother with grenades (regular ones) - it's an old and beaten topic, but I just find it a stupid gameplay mechanic. Every class, minus one, has the same highly destructive weapon which is so useful that it ends up dictating a large portion of the fights. Oh and hey, it's so fun fighting those engineers with their instakill EMPs - I'm sure there's a reliable way to defeat those guys that doesn't involve "shoot him before he throws it", but I sadly haven't managed to find it.

Having grown bored of pubs, I decided to try out some pickup matches. Now, for a game being so praised for the amount of skill involved, you'd expect their comp matches to have some pretty laid back rules, right? Well, before I even tried it, I was told the rules were pretty much the same as the FF pickups - no midmap DM, no attackers attacking other attackers, defenders can't leave their base unless chasing a flag... tons and tons of restrictions, supposedly without which the game becomes impossible to finish. I didn't even bother. Again, this paragraph may be off as, like I said, I decided not to even try it after being told of the rules, so I could be wrong here.

I admit I wasn't here when TFC was popular, but I'm inclined to say that its huge popularity owed mainly to its uniqueness - there simply were no other class-based shooters at the time, and people didn't have much of a choice. Today though, TFC's gameplay mechanics feel clumsy and outdated. A game can't live on if it's unwelcoming to new players, and that's mostly what I felt from my short time playing it.

Thanks for reading if you bothered. I'm not flaming TFC, I'm not saying it's a bad game, I just wanted to say why I didn't enjoy it much. I'll still fire it up from time to time, but I can't see it as a game I can "get into," not at this point.

orangensaft
04-08-2010, 03:15 AM
I'm not even going to bother with grenades (regular ones) - it's an old and beaten topic, but I just find it a stupid gameplay mechanic. Every class, minus one, has the same highly destructive weapon which is so useful that it ends up dictating a large portion of the fights. Oh and hey, it's so fun fighting those engineers with their instakill EMPs - I'm sure there's a reliable way to defeat those guys that doesn't involve "shoot him before he throws it", but I sadly haven't managed to find it.
About that. You got to throw away the ammo you don't need (discard) and the EMPs are not so instakill anymore. In fact, they are useless without ammo that they can make explode.

psihomir2
04-08-2010, 05:00 AM
Well yeah but that's only really valid for classes that don't use explosive ammo. Soldiers and demos can't do jack when they see an engy and their only hope is to get a kill on him before he's thrown the nade. On a side note, even though I like FF, I really hate how they made pretty much every type of ammo explode from an EMP.

Dr Manhattan
04-08-2010, 07:00 AM
Let me write a little wall of text to explain why I think TF2 is the better game for today's times, from my point of view.

I bought TFC a few months ago. I had lots of fun in the beginning, I clocked about 70 hours on it and got bored, then went back to TF2. What happened? Well, for starters, the game is so monotonous. Class diversity feels like a moot point when it seems that all a team ever needs are soldiers and medics, with the rest pretty much acting as fillers. Oh yeah and snipers, provided they can hit.

Then there was the skill level. Sure, I appreciate a game where skill matters. But I can't find the enjoyment in getting repeatedly owned and owned and owned again by people who've had 5+ years to master their bhopping, concing and the few other core skills that seem to make up for the majority of a player's skillset in this game. Sorry but I just can't dedicate so much time of my life to get on an even level with this type of player - and it looked like there were quite a lot of them.

Having grown bored of pubs, I decided to try out some pickup matches. Now, for a game being so praised for the amount of skill involved, you'd expect their comp matches to have some pretty laid back rules, right? Well, before I even tried it, I was told the rules were pretty much the same as the FF pickups - no midmap DM, no attackers attacking other attackers, defenders can't leave their base unless chasing a flag... tons and tons of restrictions, supposedly without which the game becomes impossible to finish. I didn't even bother. Again, this paragraph may be off as, like I said, I decided not to even try it after being told of the rules, so I could be wrong here.

I admit I wasn't here when TFC was popular, but I'm inclined to say that its huge popularity owed mainly to its uniqueness - there simply were no other class-based shooters at the time, and people didn't have much of a choice. Today though, TFC's gameplay mechanics feel clumsy and outdated. A game can't live on if it's unwelcoming to new players, and that's mostly what I felt from my short time playing it.

Thanks for reading if you bothered. I'm not flaming TFC, I'm not saying it's a bad game, I just wanted to say why I didn't enjoy it much. I'll still fire it up from time to time, but I can't see it as a game I can "get into," not at this point.

I know you weren't flaming in a typical 13 yr old who plays TF2 and tried TFC and hated it manner. But....

I dont think you were right about anything in this post.

I have played both games a lot. I played TF2 for the first year it came out with some of the best teams the game had to offer.

Only need soldiers and medic in TFC? What about medics and demos in TF2?

The very simple fact is if you play the game properly there isn't really a lot of nade spam. The game is much more skilled than TF2 due to general speed, concing. If you can't be bothered to learn how to play the game properly (like I did) then you can't say one game is better than the other. Can you?

The rules in pickup are there to avoid the spam that you were moaning about in TFC. It is designed for pure Offense Vs Defense.

The mechanics - I don't think you know what mechanics are because the HL engine is the probably the best mechanics ever. The movement is free and unrestricted whereas in TF2 it's slow and clunky.(Don't forget I have played BOTH games at public and ctf levels a lot)

Ultimately, one is focused entirely on team play and looking good with good gfx and catering to the masses. (TF2)

(TFC) used to do all of that, the gfx were great in 1999 lol teamplay is still important but excellent players can take on several ppl at a time, unlike TF2.

Skill-wise I don't think there can be any argument on this TFC > TF2.

(No concs? Really? WTF!):D

Sinnah
04-08-2010, 07:15 AM
A game can't live on if it's unwelcoming to new players, and that's mostly what I felt from my short time playing it.

Your entire post was spot on, this statement in particular. This is something I've been saying for a long time. The single largest contributor to the waning popularity of TFC is simply that it's very unwelcoming to newer players.

As we've already established, TF2 is much more popular in large part due to the fact that it's a very forgiving game. There are certain gameplay "equalizers" in place that make it so that anyone can pick it up and play and contribute. It also boasts a very large community, so it's easier for a newer player to "blend in with the crowd," so to speak, and not feel singled out when their skill level isn't on par with the next guy's.

Conversely, a large portion of the remaining TFC community is comprised of folks who have been playing the game for years, and literally mastered every facet and gameplay dynamic there is. Couple that with the fact that it's a significantly smaller community, which makes it harder for a new player to blend in and feel like they're contributing to the game.

Is there a solution to this? No, not really. It's just the natural progression of things. Five years from now new players will be complaining that TF2 is too hard to break into, because the majority of that community has been practicing for years and have all the weapon unlocks and whatnot.

Just my thoughts...

psihomir2
04-08-2010, 07:26 AM
I know you weren't flaming in a typical 13 yr old who plays TF2 and tried TFC and hated it manner. But....

I dont think you were right about anything in this post.

I have played both games a lot. I played TF2 for the first year it came out with some of the best teams the game had to offer.

Only need soldiers and medic in TFC? What about medics and demos in TF2?

The very simple fact is if you play the game properly there isn't really a lot of nade spam. The game is much more skilled than TF2 due to general speed, concing. If you can't be bothered to learn how to play the game properly (like I did) then you can't say one game is better than the other. Can you?

The rules in pickup are there to avoid the spam that you were moaning about in TFC. It is designed for pure Offense Vs Defense.

The mechanics - I don't think you know what mechanics are because the HL engine is the probably the best mechanics ever. The movement is free and unrestricted whereas in TF2 it's slow and clunky.(Don't forget I have played BOTH games at public and ctf levels a lot)

Ultimately, one is focused entirely on team play and looking good with good gfx and catering to the masses. (TF2)

(TFC) used to do all of that, the gfx were great in 1999 lol teamplay is still important but excellent players can take on several ppl at a time, unlike TF2.

Skill-wise I don't think there can be any argument on this TFC > TF2.

(No concs? Really? WTF!):D

Few things...

1) I never complained about spam, not even once, yet you on several occasions implied I did - "if you play the game properly there isn't really a lot of nade spam"; "avoid the spam that you were moaning about" - if you're referring to the paragraph about grenades, that was a completely different point which you somehow managed to interpret in a way that fits your arguments.

I was complaining about grenades in the regard that it's an unnecessary mechanic, considering that the sheer power and usefulness of grenades makes them one of the primary fighting tools for all classes, which goes greatly towards blurring the line between them - throw a nade, learn to prime it right (only takes a few tries really), use your primary or super shotty and that's how the fight goes in most cases.

2) Your point about demos/medics in TF2 is right, but at least in TF2 every class sees some use. In TFC? Pyro is borderline useless, I can't talk about the spy since I haven't played it much but on the other hand I've seen several videos with it; scout - you can only use it to cap and then again I've found that the medic seems to be almost as good for that purpose, with the bonus that he can actually fight.

3) I don't care why the rules for comp games are there, it's a fact that for a game supposed to be so skilled and flexible, it's ridiculous that so many restrictions have to be imposed to make it playable when you actually get a bunch of skilled guys together.

4) I never talked about engine mechanics; just gameplay ones. I don't really care how different bhopping is in both engines. I enjoy it, I'm moderately good at it, but along the same line as grenades, it blurs the distinction between the classes and it's not really needed in this type of game.

"(TFC) used to do all of that, the gfx were great in 1999 lol teamplay is still important but excellent players can take on several ppl at a time, unlike TF2." - that's just wrong, completely. If you're talking about pubs with default settings, sure, but in a comp game with crits off and such, a skilled player will always win over players of lesser skill in TF2.

red_killer11454
04-09-2010, 07:46 PM
TFC is Art TFC is why there was a Sequel (TF2) TFC "Made" Class based Gaming
TFC Made it possible for there to be attack $ defend TFC made territory control TFC made VIP game mode (escort) and finaly TFC showed that no matter how old a game is it will still have players playing on servers
and TFC's influence on gaming will never be forgoten
TFC is still alive
and it will live on
someday we may make TF3 and we will look back at tf2 and applaud is success and TFC to....

PS: go to "the gas chamber 2fort or vote" no bots on this server EVER

Dr Manhattan
04-10-2010, 08:25 AM
Few things...

1) I never complained about spam, not even once, yet you on several occasions implied I did - "if you play the game properly there isn't really a lot of nade spam"; "avoid the spam that you were moaning about" - if you're referring to the paragraph about grenades, that was a completely different point which you somehow managed to interpret in a way that fits your arguments.

I was complaining about grenades in the regard that it's an unnecessary mechanic, considering that the sheer power and usefulness of grenades makes them one of the primary fighting tools for all classes, which goes greatly towards blurring the line between them - throw a nade, learn to prime it right (only takes a few tries really), use your primary or super shotty and that's how the fight goes in most cases.

2) Your point about demos/medics in TF2 is right, but at least in TF2 every class sees some use. In TFC? Pyro is borderline useless, I can't talk about the spy since I haven't played it much but on the other hand I've seen several videos with it; scout - you can only use it to cap and then again I've found that the medic seems to be almost as good for that purpose, with the bonus that he can actually fight.

3) I don't care why the rules for comp games are there, it's a fact that for a game supposed to be so skilled and flexible, it's ridiculous that so many restrictions have to be imposed to make it playable when you actually get a bunch of skilled guys together.

4) I never talked about engine mechanics; just gameplay ones. I don't really care how different bhopping is in both engines. I enjoy it, I'm moderately good at it, but along the same line as grenades, it blurs the distinction between the classes and it's not really needed in this type of game.

"(TFC) used to do all of that, the gfx were great in 1999 lol teamplay is still important but excellent players can take on several ppl at a time, unlike TF2." - that's just wrong, completely. If you're talking about pubs with default settings, sure, but in a comp game with crits off and such, a skilled player will always win over players of lesser skill in TF2.

1) You were complaining about the EMP being overpowered well Like I say if you play the game properly you don't encounter it that often. It's a balance thing as well, engy has 1 Shotgun and low HP and armor.

2) You have named 1 class in TFC that has realtively little use (PYRO) and then concluded that ALL the classes in TF2 have some use and TFC it's only a select few. Again, just depends how you are playing, I doubt if you have many pyros in the latest i-series finals in TF2, do you? So that's the same for both games at competetive levels. On publics all classes are played in both games. How about chaning the medic role (whilst important to the team even more so) to a passive role that just serves everyone else. The medic was proabably one of the most important and SKILLED classes in TFC whilst in TF2 it's just build up UBER, use UBER after enemy team does to capture. Follow the demo....exciting....

3) You don't understand how clan play works in TFC (and there are similar 'rules' in TF2) basically there is no midmapping etc bcos it wud be detrimental to your team. If you are on defense and u follow someone to the middle of the map, you're out of position and all the other 3 offense players will exploit and your team will lose. TFC is about positional play, TF2 is about amassing a 'gather' (if u will) and timing it right.

4) If you are talking about bhopping here (as it wasn't very clear) if you DID know and enjoy bhopping then you would know it does NOT 'blur the distinction between the classes' and the bhop is still relative. HW bhopping is slower than solider bhop which is slower than medic which is slower than scout. Again, it is an added skill that they took out of TF2. Something lost nothing gained.

5) Yes fine a top clan player would destroy a bunch of noobs
but I wasn't talking about a mismatch. I was talking about similar skill players: in tfc a scout can get in AND out with flag versus a good team. i.e. do it all himself

You cannot do this in TF2. You can take the best scout or w/e in TF2 versus a good team defense and the scsout will not get through in TF2. Whilst in TFC he can.

Thing is I have played both games more than you have so I know the two of them together more than you do. TF2 is not a better game it's a totally different game. Bares very little relatiion to TFC. It's a dumbed down version that more people can play, so more ppl will buy game, undeniable. Even the top pros in TF2 (that haven't come from TFC) would get completely pwned by top tfc players.

If you don't know by now, you never will:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddHNmMbA_C8

EnsignBlue
04-10-2010, 01:11 PM
Oi, when did being a TFC fan translate into also being a TF2 hater? For everyone who says that TF2 requires no skill and is completely casual, you're deluded. TF2 has an incredibly high skill ceiling: if you've ever seen some of the true masters playing a class in the game, it's truly a wonder to behold. TF2 most certainly has a skill ceiling that transcends the term "casual". The thing is, TF2 simply has a low skill bar. Yes, it is easy to turn on the game for the first time and get a few kills in your very first play session. The skill bar is accessible. However, to truly become something to be feared, to truly master the game, takes a lot of skill, practice, and dedication. TF2 is designed to be easy to get into, but deep enough that it really does require a lot of experience before you truly get to a level where you can top leaderboards. You can kill a few people your first play session, but you're not going to be the MVP of matches for a long time.

The difference with TFC is that it doesn't have a low skill bar. It's unforgiving in that respect. It's skill ceiling is still pretty analogous with TF2 -- they focus on different things, with TF2 being more about tactical battle capabilities and TFC being more hardened reflexes and twitch capabilities -- but for the most part they are pretty parallel. The amount of skill between the pros of both games is largely the same. However, the difference is that TFC is unforgiving to newbies. It takes a lot of skill to be able to achieve anything, because the gap between the skill bar and the skill ceiling is much more narrow than in most other games. That's what TFC is renowned for, is that unusually high skill bar, not for the unusually high skill ceiling. People who have played TFC for 10 years are just as skilled at their game as people who play, say, Counter-Strike 1.6 for 10 years, just in different ways since they are different games that focus on different things. To say "No we are better and more skilled than them" is just arrogance mixed with ignorance.

So I don't understand why it is that the TFC community has to bash other games in the process of honoring their own. Most of the TF2 community respects TFC, even if most of them will readily admit that it's not their style of game and they don't ever play it, and yet the TFC community bashes TF2 at every given opportunity. Why is that?

Dr Manhattan
04-10-2010, 04:04 PM
Maybe because people were coming on to TFC forums onto a thread called TFC is almost dead, with the sole purpose of explaining why TF2 is better.

I have to add, I HAVE played with the top players in both games and to say the skill ceiling is similar is totally and utterly wrong. TFC has everything that TF2 has but with more skills to learn: bhopping, mastering concs, concaim (aiming whilst conced -for those who don't know) and speed. It has these things ALONG with all the tactics that TF2 has (different tactics ofc but still has them).

As I said in my previous post you cannot truly say that one is better than the other simply because they are miles apart. The vast majority of the top players in TF2 were no more than decent in TFC. I like my games to be about skill therefore as TFC requires more skills, I prefer it and thus enjoy it more. Lots of ppl prefer TF2 due to its team focused nature and the better graphics not to mention the ppl who love all the hats weapon upgrade and stuff. TF2 is catering to the masses as you have indicated due to being easier to start with and taunts etc...it depends what your preferrences are- if you want to master a game in a matter of weeks/months then pick TF2. If you want a game that takes longer than that to master pick TFC.

Don't have a go at us for defending TFC and explaining why we think it's a better game when it's the TFC section of the forum lol. Actually, you will find that the majority of the bashing comes from TF2 players who play TFC out of interest, get blown up by nades cos they don't know what they're doing and then troll on about how crap TFC is.

I think the vast majority of comments on here have been pretty harmless it could have been expressed in a much harsher manner.

You've also added absolutist terms to ppls comments which take the comments made to a different level than they are on:

" For everyone who says that TF2 requires no skill and is completely casual,"

I don't think we are saying NO skill and COMPLETELY casual but it is a casual game and it DOES require less skill. If you don't agree then you have not played both games enough. I don't dislike TF2, it is what it is.

The thing is you have to be pretty blind to not see where games are going of late. They are moving away from the old style twitchers and moving to a slower pace console type. Hmmm maybe so they can sell them to console owners a well? Games like TFC and CS are unique and I honestly think that the generation that was playing them were much more skillful (due to growing up with faster games than nowadays) and if you like skillful games, the more skillful the better then you will most likely prefer TFC, CS over things like TF2 this though is becoming the minority due to aforementioned change of games.

psihomir2
04-11-2010, 12:36 AM
1) You were complaining about the EMP being overpowered well Like I say if you play the game properly you don't encounter it that often. It's a balance thing as well, engy has 1 Shotgun and low HP and armor.

2) You have named 1 class in TFC that has realtively little use (PYRO) and then concluded that ALL the classes in TF2 have some use and TFC it's only a select few. Again, just depends how you are playing, I doubt if you have many pyros in the latest i-series finals in TF2, do you? So that's the same for both games at competetive levels. On publics all classes are played in both games. How about chaning the medic role (whilst important to the team even more so) to a passive role that just serves everyone else. The medic was proabably one of the most important and SKILLED classes in TFC whilst in TF2 it's just build up UBER, use UBER after enemy team does to capture. Follow the demo....exciting....

3) You don't understand how clan play works in TFC (and there are similar 'rules' in TF2) basically there is no midmapping etc bcos it wud be detrimental to your team. If you are on defense and u follow someone to the middle of the map, you're out of position and all the other 3 offense players will exploit and your team will lose. TFC is about positional play, TF2 is about amassing a 'gather' (if u will) and timing it right.

4) If you are talking about bhopping here (as it wasn't very clear) if you DID know and enjoy bhopping then you would know it does NOT 'blur the distinction between the classes' and the bhop is still relative. HW bhopping is slower than solider bhop which is slower than medic which is slower than scout. Again, it is an added skill that they took out of TF2. Something lost nothing gained.

5) Yes fine a top clan player would destroy a bunch of noobs
but I wasn't talking about a mismatch. I was talking about similar skill players: in tfc a scout can get in AND out with flag versus a good team. i.e. do it all himself

You cannot do this in TF2. You can take the best scout or w/e in TF2 versus a good team defense and the scsout will not get through in TF2. Whilst in TFC he can.

Thing is I have played both games more than you have so I know the two of them together more than you do. TF2 is not a better game it's a totally different game. Bares very little relatiion to TFC. It's a dumbed down version that more people can play, so more ppl will buy game, undeniable. Even the top pros in TF2 (that haven't come from TFC) would get completely pwned by top tfc players.

1) And again, this doesn't mean I was complaining about spam - which I wasn't. I'm starting to believe there's something wrong with you. I was complaining about the fact that an engineer can throw a grenade that's an instant kill to two of the main combat classes with almost zero chance of retaliation by them.

I find it absolutely hilarious that you say "if you play the game properly" yet you fail to name one solid tactic for defeating this. He primes an EMP and throws it, I don't give a jack ♥♥♥♥ how many shotguns he has when his grenade kills me in one hit and is almost impossible to dodge.

2) As someone who mains medic in TF2 I can say you've played the class very little so I won't even bother to argue with you here. I can also post videos of pyros being used in comp, but what's the point? You'll still claim it's not like that.

My point was that the proportion of use each class sees in TF2, both when you take pub and comp play, is better than the one in TFC.

3) Then you're doing something which will make your team lose? I don't see why they have to *restrict* you from doing it with a rule, it seems like holding your hand for something which your team should be telling you.

Oh and yes, this "position" gameplay. Another thing that bothers me to no end. In TF2, you're relatively free in your playstyle.

In TFC though? "Hey guys I'll be a solly defending T" "- Ok" - and then you stay in that single spot for the rest of the damn game - or hey, your team loses!

4) Bhopping may be relative today, I was talking about the days of TFC's popularity when it was unrestricted. Today I agree, it's mostly irrelevant.

5) So... the game allows a single player to take on an entire team all alone, presumably without the factors of luck, or that team failing to coordinate or something like that? Because in TF2, if a team messes up, a scout can and will take out most of them - I see it happen all the time. It never happens "just like that" though, one player making his way through an entire team of equal skill with ease - it may happen once or twice, but not constantly as you're implying it does in TFC. That'd be just stupid. Where's the balance in that?

6) Why are you even arguing? Are you trying to convince me TFC is better? My original post was stating why I see TFC as a worse game than TF2 - and that will probably never change. Doesn't matter how much "pro" or "stfu and l2p" you manage to cramp in one single post.

It's just not a game that's fun/easy/rewarding getting into today, and that's that.

Dr Manhattan
04-11-2010, 06:36 AM
1) And again, this doesn't mean I was complaining about spam - which I wasn't. I'm starting to believe there's something wrong with you. I was complaining about the fact that an engineer can throw a grenade that's an instant kill to two of the main combat classes with almost zero chance of retaliation by them.

I find it absolutely hilarious that you say "if you play the game properly" yet you fail to name one solid tactic for defeating this. He primes an EMP and throws it, I don't give a jack ♥♥♥♥ how many shotguns he has when his grenade kills me in one hit and is almost impossible to dodge.

2) As someone who mains medic in TF2 I can say you've played the class very little so I won't even bother to argue with you here. I can also post videos of pyros being used in comp, but what's the point? You'll still claim it's not like that.

My point was that the proportion of use each class sees in TF2, both when you take pub and comp play, is better than the one in TFC.

3) Then you're doing something which will make your team lose? I don't see why they have to *restrict* you from doing it with a rule, it seems like holding your hand for something which your team should be telling you. Oh and yes, this "position" gameplay. Another thing that bothers me to no end. In TF2, you're relatively free in your playstyle.

In TFC though? "Hey guys I'll be a solly defending T" "- Ok" - and then you stay in that single spot for the rest of the damn game - or hey, your team loses!

4) Bhopping may be relative today, I was talking about the days of TFC's popularity when it was unrestricted. Today I agree, it's mostly irrelevant.

5) So... the game allows a single player to take on an entire team all alone, presumably without the factors of luck, or that team failing to coordinate or something like that? Because in TF2, if a team messes up, a scout can and will take out most of them - I see it happen all the time. It never happens "just like that" though, one player making his way through an entire team of equal skill with ease - it may happen once or twice, but not constantly as you're implying it does in TFC. That'd be just stupid. Where's the balance in that?

6) Why are you even arguing? Are you trying to convince me TFC is better? My original post was stating why I see TFC as a worse game than TF2 - and that will probably never change. Doesn't matter how much "pro" or "stfu and l2p" you manage to cramp in one single post.

It's just not a game that's fun/easy/rewarding getting into today, and that's that.

1) There is nothing wrong with me - fine OK you were maoning about the insta kill nature of the EMP, that OK with you? How about Sniper or yellow pipes? Sorry 'stickies' they are insta kill. OH no but they require more skill, fair point. OK let's go back to balance, you may not care whether he has 1 shotgun and low HP and armour but the creators did to the point where it hasn't changed in over 10 years of existence. So I don't think that YOU are right on that one. It's balance, get over it. Solid tactic, as you had sardonically mentioned earlier, yes kill the guy first you noob. Listen out for nade priming and throw ur extra ammo at him when he's about to release. Takes a bit skill and concentration I know that might be ur stupidly high skill bar, hah!

2) I didn't say PYRO's are never played, you find me a video of an i-series level FINAL match where pyros are being used i.e. when it matter to the players and I will conceed that pyros get used in clan style but not in TFC clan style. RE: the medic, are you refusing to read what I write?

"How about chaning the medic role (whilst important to the team even more so) to a passive role that just serves everyone else"

it's a VERY important class but it is largely a pssive role as I said build up UBER, use it at the right are the only things that the medic does that MAKES a difference. Bonesawing a couple of ppl doesn't really affect things?

3)You're all over the shop on this one. Let me explain in TF2 terms for you. I'm medic charging the UBER outside CP5 on Badlands. I decided to uber the solly defending CP4 instead of our demo trying to secure CP5, that would be stupid. So it's the same for both games at pickup level or above. You will at least get ♥♥♥♥♥ed at if not kicked. Midmapping and backtracking are LAME even pubbies know that.

4) So you were talking about something years and years ago, fine. I can get confirmation on times for you if you really want. It's not like the change happened last week.

5)Yes a skillfull scout can get in and out with SKILL not luck - shocking for you I'm sure. Whilst in TF2, again, you can have the best scout in the world, jesus they wud struggle to get past ME as solly lol let alone a decent soldier. Again, here you are putting words into ppl's mouths. I give up debating this with you if you're just gonna do the most typical and moronic thing of changing what ppl say to suit ur argument. I never implied it was constant I simply said it was possible. In TF2, without the defense making a massive mistake or some kind of massive luck, the scout will die. The scout in TF2 cannot do it out of sheer luck alone whereas in TFC they can. Granted the majority of the time they die and die quickly but it is posible. I hope you watched the last video I linked (just cos it's a good video not just for point proving), but also watch this one it's short. It will exemplify what I'm talking about. Now this guy is prolly regarded as the best scout TFC ever saw (I could be wrong) so it's something that top players wud be able to pull off like VERY rarely. You will watch it and say it's unbalanced but I repeat this is like the usain bolt of tfc, the mohammed ali so it's not happening constantly and you infer I alluded:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bkqAP1SED4

^^^ That is just silly but it shows that skill can overcome a team, in TF2 it cannot happen. Can you link me a video of 1 guy going past all members of a TOP gaming nation (in that case it was sweden) - if you can I;m ready to watch.

TF2 = casual fun game
TFC = competitive skill game

6) Why are YOU even arguing? You're on the TFC board - are you trying to convince me TF2 is better? My original post was a reply explaining why I think TF2 is worse - that will probably never change. Doesn't matter how much 'noob' or 'stfu and play a game for simpletons' you manage to cramp into one single post.

You're acting like I'M on the TF2 boards posting a thread about this ♥♥♥♥ - go away back to TF2.

I'll put it very simply for you:

You started off here explaining why you thought TF2 is better than TFC? On the TFC board? LOL

Extra-simple bit:

GO BACK TO THE TF2 BOARD AND STAY THERE.

psihomir2
04-11-2010, 09:32 AM
1) " it hasn't changed in over 10 years of existence. So I don't think that YOU are right on that one" - that's your argument? Really? Then I guess all of these are intended as well, I mean the devs haven't bothered to change/fix them so far in 10 years, right? http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102551

2) look up b||oodsire's "meet the proro" series on YouTube, he played Pyro in comp games. Don't know the exact levels.

3) and yet there are no rules to restrict me from doing that in this "more noobish" game, imagine that! :D Our team will lose and they will rage at me, but the game doesn't have to tell me "don't do that"

5) "I never implied it was constant I simply said it was possible" - if that was your point then fine, but know that it's entirely possible in TF2 if you mean on random occasions - and yes, it boils down to skill there too. A good scout can and will take out an entire team (or close to that) of equal skill if they slip.

6) You're right on one thing here though, TFC will probably never change. And I don't expect its player numbers to keep getting any better because of that.

I've explained my points in a thread concerning why TFC is dying - and they were all related to that - then you, desperate for an argument, started biting down on single parts of my post claiming that I'm the offensive one.

The most hilarious parts of your post though? "you are putting words into ppl's mouths", and also "Doesn't matter how much 'noob' or 'stfu and play a game for simpletons' you manage to cramp into one single post." for which I'd be very curious to see some examples :p

Dr Manhattan
04-11-2010, 09:58 AM
1) " it hasn't changed in over 10 years of existence. So I don't think that YOU are right on that one" - that's your argument? Really? Then I guess all of these are intended as well, I mean the devs haven't bothered to change/fix them so far in 10 years, right? http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102551

2) look up b||oodsire's "meet the proro" series on YouTube, he played Pyro in comp games. Don't know the exact levels.

3) and yet there are no rules to restrict me from doing that in this "more noobish" game, imagine that! :D Our team will lose and they will rage at me, but the game doesn't have to tell me "don't do that"

5) "I never implied it was constant I simply said it was possible" - if that was your point then fine, but know that it's entirely possible in TF2 if you mean on random occasions - and yes, it boils down to skill there too. A good scout can and will take out an entire team (or close to that) of equal skill if they slip.

6) You're right on one thing here though, TFC will probably never change. And I don't expect its player numbers to keep getting any better because of that.

I've explained my points in a thread concerning why TFC is dying - and they were all related to that - then you, desperate for an argument, started biting down on single parts of my post claiming that I'm the offensive one.

The most hilarious parts of your post though? "you are putting words into ppl's mouths", and also "Doesn't matter how much 'noob' or 'stfu and play a game for simpletons' you manage to cramp into one single post." for which I'd be very curious to see some examples :p

Sigh....go back to TF2

1) The EMP insta kill hasn't changed.

2) Will do

3) Yes in 'more noobish games' there isn't rules. The games doesn't tell you, your teammates will. IIRC, you were talking about FF pickup? It might have been modded so that the server itself was telling you. If you joined a tfc pickup and started midmapping, most likely you would get slayed at the very least.

5) I don't mean random occasions, I mean by sheer skill. You just can't do that in TF2 due to the speed of the game and the movement limitations (no concing for example) a scout to get past a heavy, a soldier, an engineer (with sg) and a demo just won't happen in TF2. Whereas if you manoevre properly in TFC and practice a hell of a lot learning the difference concs for each map, rampsliding keeping ur speed going you CAN do it.

6) Agreed, I don't think or want it to change, there are plenty of ppl who still play it for there to always be gg around.

As I originally said, I know you have expressed your opinions in a mature manner and not troll-esque but you are still on a TFC almost forgotten thread and went in to an argument about TF2. TFC was at this state a long time before TF2 came out so TF2 has nothing to do with it really. It took away some of the casuals who wanted to keep it casual, and it took some of the clannies who didn't move to Quake in like 2003.

You are putting words into ppl's mouths - by exaggerating what they are saying by adding absolutist terms and not giving direct quotes. The second bit I was just trying to write the opposite of what you had written. Which was obviously lost so just ignore that.

Different games, not comparable, each to their own. TF2 more fun, TFC more skilled.

Now go back to TF2.

psihomir2
04-11-2010, 10:24 AM
Don't need to go back to it, I've never left it :D

I'll just answer to these since I feel the rest are more or less closed...

"You are putting words into ppl's mouths - by exaggerating what they are saying by adding absolutist terms and not giving direct quotes." - I'd still like to see examples, because I'm pretty sure I didn't.

5) What you're basically trying to say here is (correct me if I'm wrong) "If a player becomes good enough as a scout no kind of defense will be able to stop him"... what's the point if it's like that? Why even bother playing if you know you either a) can't stop the scout or b) can't be stopped as one? Now you're probably going to say "sure they can stop him by concentrating"... but then we're back on the line of the TF2 comparison where if a team steps the wrong way a scout will annihilate them, and it'll happen more or less every time they allow it to.

Dr Manhattan
04-11-2010, 12:29 PM
You were adding absolutist words like constantly as mentioned before that makes the point completely different to reality.

5) You're kind of right. There will be times that the scout(if good enough, and I mean like the BEST) will get his run (concs etc) so perfect that there is nothing that the defense can do yes. But this is not going to happen every time though. As good as the top players were/are they're still human and cannot do the same things 100% of the time because what they are doing is so difficult and requires SOO much precision that it's just impossible to do 100%. The TF2 runs on the other hand can be closer to 100% because what is being done requires much less precision in timing and reactions because it is so much slower.

For me and many other gamers, TF2 is just too slow to enjoy. I mean look at what these guys can do for god's sake:
(I typed in tfc skills took top result and TF2 skills and took top result for that)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRrjh8yp5yE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvNjilQS1VQ

It's a fair test because I am not changing any of the parameters for the game. Even if the TF2 vid is not the most skillfull vid out there that just shows what the TF2 community is all about.

I know you've made your mind up but what are you doing on the TFC boards when you clearly haven't played the game. I had hundreds of hours on TF2 same on TFC with publics (adminned TF2 for MP when TF2 first launched for a year) and clan style. The game died because of CS and Quake really not TF2 so ur point was wrong in the first place.

EDIT: I watched that bloodline proyo video. Can't say I'm in awe of the skill there. Lots of the opponents were not too good.

Watch this video where they actually tell you who they are playing (i.e. not noobs)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MZoNt07CbA&feature=related

That is skill.

psihomir2
04-11-2010, 10:04 PM
"The game died because of CS and Quake really not TF2 so ur point was wrong in the first place."

"My point"? My point was never that TF2 killed TFC. Everyone is aware that TFC started dying before TF2 came about. My point was that TF2 is the better game for today's times (I wrote it right on the first line of my first post in this thread (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14361792&postcount=113), but I guess conveniently skipping parts of posts is the normal way of arguing for you - what was that about putting words into people's mouths again? :D), and there's a very simple numeric value you can look at to see that's true - player counts.

P.S.: What's with all these fragvids you started posting all of a sudden? Really, I'm well aware of the difference in the two games if that's what you were trying to show me - and I'm also well aware of the skill ceiling in TFC, something which I never argued about. So I don't really understand how a few clips of flashy kills have any relation to our argument whatsoever (above, I just asked you to look up a few pyro vids since you were the one asking me for them in the first place) - a) I don't care for this type of video much, and b) they don't change anything

orangensaft
04-12-2010, 01:47 AM
OMG guys, seriously, stop fighting about that ♥♥♥♥. Who cares anyways? psihomir2 kinda has a point there, and I guess Dr Manhattan is right somewhere in the deeps of his posts too.

Fact is, TF2 is being played more than TFC. That is possibly due to expensive ads or free updates. And it's just logical, that Valve won't invest in TFC anymore, because they see no future in it.

So stop ♥♥♥♥♥ing around, play the game you like and just have fun. Having fun? Yes, the thing games are for! ... ffs

Dr Manhattan
04-12-2010, 04:20 AM
1. *LOL*

Erm orangesaft? ^^^ LOL - me and the other guy are having a debate. You have just told someone to "Go play TF2, noob."

I don't think you can get any moral high ground over either of us here.

Dr Manhattan
04-12-2010, 04:43 AM
"The game died because of CS and Quake really not TF2 so ur point was wrong in the first place."

"My point"? My point was never that TF2 killed TFC. Everyone is aware that TFC started dying before TF2 came about. My point was that TF2 is the better game for today's times (I wrote it right on the first line of my first post in this thread (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14361792&postcount=113), but I guess conveniently skipping parts of posts is the normal way of arguing for you - what was that about putting words into people's mouths again? :D), and there's a very simple numeric value you can look at to see that's true - player counts.

P.S.: What's with all these fragvids you started posting all of a sudden? Really, I'm well aware of the difference in the two games if that's what you were trying to show me - and I'm also well aware of the skill ceiling in TFC, something which I never argued about. So I don't really understand how a few clips of flashy kills have any relation to our argument whatsoever (above, I just asked you to look up a few pyro vids since you were the one asking me for them in the first place) - a) I don't care for this type of video much, and b) they don't change anything

Apologies - not your point, no. Crossed wires (mine) happy to admitt.

I was trying to show you the true ceiling of TFC which you cannot truly appreciate after 70 hours of play.

The simple fact is that you prolly started Team Fortress with TF2in 2007 when it was released. Then like many TF2ers thought, "erm let's see what what TFC is like" (which is a good thing that you tried it) unfortunate thing is VERY, VERY few of the TF2ers who play TFC after starting with TF2 like TFC. Because they can't understand how to play it and get pwned (as you said yourself). They call it old (1999 - duh) and complain about spam (yes ur point was EMP insta kill but there are plenty of insta kills in TF2 so...) and you complained about the game mechanics when the game mechanis are the number 1 attribute to the game LOL but simply put it's just something you are not used to and therefore do not like.

People like me want a game that has 100 levels of skill(a random number). The vast majority have been conditioned into wanting a game that has let's say 60 (I think that's being pretty fair to TF2 if TFC is 100) because this is what game developers want. Lower overall skill ceilings so more people will play i.e. more people will buy it =

There are so many new games out there atm that perfectly exemplify this and TF2 was one of the first iirc. Look at Aliens Vs Predator (2010) generally considered to be a console port muhc lower skill ceiling that the predecessors in 1999 + 2004: why? so more people will buy it. Another big selling example would be Left4Dead, COD (haxville :/ ).

I liked TF2, I enjoyed it. But my time with it ran out with it too quickly. I've been playing TFC on and off for YEARS and I still have plenty to learn. Even those top players that I linked videos of, still improve and learn entirely new things. I doubt top players will be learning new things now let alone in 2017.

Fair point, you were saying why it is better for TODAY. I agree with you there it is better for today. Your point was meant in a more positive way, mine in a negative (we have lost something) kind of way.

I like to think although we have slightly "♥♥♥♥♥ed" at each other it has been a fair exchange of opinion (albeit futile we both acknowledge) I wonder what the reaction would be if I posted a duplicate of your post on a relevant TF2 thread? Hmmmmm.....

orangensaft
04-13-2010, 06:40 AM
Erm orangesaft? ^^^ LOL - me and the other guy are having a debate. You have just told someone to "Go play TF2, noob."

I don't think you can get any moral high ground over either of us here.
You quoted my overreaction on EntropyGuard's post. The post regarding you would be:
OMG guys, seriously, stop fighting about that ♥♥♥♥. Who cares anyways? psihomir2 kinda has a point there, and I guess Dr Manhattan is right somewhere in the deeps of his posts too.

Fact is, TF2 is being played more than TFC. That is possibly due to expensive ads or free updates. And it's just logical, that Valve won't invest in TFC anymore, because they see no future in it.

So stop ♥♥♥♥♥ing around, play the game you like and just have fun. Having fun? Yes, the thing games are for! ... ffs
And if even that does not fulfill your expectations of a moral height, I'm deeply sorry. But you two seem to be fighting (ahem, sorry: arguing) over personal opinion here.

crackodile
04-16-2010, 08:23 AM
haha quote fail

Dr Manhattan
04-16-2010, 05:01 PM
There was no quote fail from me.

My point was that orangesaft can't really take the moral high ground over me and the other guy ♥♥♥♥♥ing about the old argument TFC Vs TF2 when he told someone to "go back to TF2, noob". A point that eluded him somewhat and thought that I was quoting that as if he posted it towards me? I'm not sure what he meant but I thought I would clear it up.

Zombie Lee Roth
04-17-2010, 04:25 PM
Tf2 is the better game. You should go around calling others noobs for playing the better game. Do you call people who play HL2 noobs, do you call people who play CS:s noobs, so why call people who play Tf2 noobs?

Just because your outdated game isn't played that much any more don' be classic♥♥♥♥ about it. Grow up and play the better game.

OscarIsNeLul
04-17-2010, 05:08 PM
Tf2 is the better game. You should go around calling others noobs for playing the better game. Do you call people who play HL2 noobs, do you call people who play CS:s noobs, so why call people who play Tf2 noobs?

Just because your outdated game isn't played that much any more don' be classic♥♥♥♥ about it. Grow up and play the better game.

Yes tf2 is better, and unicorns realy exist to!!

Just admit it, you play a game that even a 12 year old ♥♥♥♥♥♥ can be good at, thats the definition of a noob already.

Pad See Ew
04-17-2010, 11:43 PM
I love both games. The chaos of grenades in TFC is a plus for me. Crazy fun.

TF2 gets to be intolerable with respawn, so I find it is most fun on King of the Hill maps with spawns turned off.

wads
04-19-2010, 02:00 AM
o ♥♥♥♥ its pad

Cadco96
04-19-2010, 07:26 PM
TFC is sort of amusing but the grenade spam is so annoying that I cant enjoy the game to much. I LOVE TF2 AND I CANT HELP IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paft
04-20-2010, 01:46 PM
[...]

Lt_Llama
04-20-2010, 01:50 PM
As long as this thread is kept alive TFC will never be forgotten.

mr_reaper
04-20-2010, 05:35 PM

Just admit it, you play a game that even a 12 year old ♥♥♥♥♥♥ can be good at, thats the definition of a noob already.

i'd like to see a game where only rocket scientists could play it...

ShellM591
04-24-2010, 01:04 AM
I really don't like the way either sides react towards the whole TFC vs. TF2 thing.

TFC players take every opportunity to bash TF2.

Most TF2 players remain completely ignorant about TFC.

Reubend
04-26-2010, 07:08 PM
What's T- oooooh, you mean that old game.

Pad See Ew
04-27-2010, 12:01 AM
o ♥♥♥♥ its pad

lol....hey wads. We're going to be hosting a server for the month of May (at least) to celebrate FNF's 10th Anniversary. I'll post something in this forum once it's up (hopefully by Tuesday).

It'll have no bots, no crappy sound file downloads, great pings and hopefully some solid evening to late night action.

orangensaft
04-27-2010, 07:43 AM
lol....hey wads. We're going to be hosting a server for the month of May (at least) to celebrate FNF's 10th Anniversary. I'll post something in this forum once it's up (hopefully by Tuesday).

It'll have no bots, no crappy sound file downloads, great pings and hopefully some solid evening to late night action.
Will the server be based in NA, EU, South America or AU? Would be good to know. :)

Pad See Ew
04-27-2010, 09:43 AM
Will the server be based in NA, EU, South America or AU? Would be good to know. :)
It's a gameservers.com server hosted in Chicago. Will have info posted in a new thread tomorrow.

eomp
05-12-2010, 11:22 AM
tfc is still the only game I play after all this time (since 99/2000 or so..). Literally no interest in ever playing tf2 from what I've seen.

the game IS dead in the water though, but when it was in full flow clanwise and server wise, it was the BEST.

Zootch
05-12-2010, 09:15 PM
TF2 gets to be intolerable with respawn, so I find it is most fun on King of the Hill maps with spawns turned off.

How on God's earth can any sentient human being find respawn times to be a bad thing?!

Exceeded
05-13-2010, 01:07 PM
TFC still have servers with nice people <3

Pad See Ew
05-13-2010, 06:50 PM
How on God's earth can any sentient human being find respawn times to be a bad thing?!
Call me crazy, but I like playing the game better than watching it.

crackodile
05-16-2010, 07:59 PM

LOL +1

I really don't like the way either sides react towards the whole TFC vs. TF2 thing.

true but unfortunately people here are trying to ignore this fact..

dk89
05-16-2010, 08:51 PM
15 sec respawn time? What server are you playing on?!

also admin plugin is hax?

K. I want to see how you are going to kick a problematic player.

OscarIsNeLul
05-17-2010, 09:00 AM

It's you guys complaining about TFC, saying it's to hard and therefore bad. That's like someone playing football, looking at the Champions League, then saying football sucks because those guys are better than you. It takes time to be good at something, if everyone can win the first time they play the game/sport/whatever it's just to easy.

Trolltopics on TF2 forum: 0
Trolltopics on TFC forum: 457592752972956471529741529

I don't see any bashing from the TFC community here, we just don't like the game so we ignore it. It's the TF2 fanbois trying to convince us their game is better with bull♥♥♥♥ arguments like hats or graphics or something.

psihomir2
05-18-2010, 01:55 AM
I wasn't gonna fuel this any further, but lol.

It's you guys complaining about TFC, saying it's to hard and therefore bad. That's like someone playing football, looking at the Champions League, then saying football sucks because those guys are better than you. It takes time to be good at something, if everyone can win the first time they play the game/sport/whatever it's just to easy.

What a comparison. If a TF2 noob looks at two TF2 div1 teams playing he'll feel weak anyway. People already said it - it's not the game's skill ceiling, it's its skill floor. You just need to spend a ridiculous amount of time (compared to other games) to simply stop dying. On random pub servers.

I don't see any bashing from the TFC community here, we just don't like the game so we ignore it. It's the TF2 fanbois trying to convince us their game is better with bull♥♥♥♥ arguments like hats or graphics or something.

... while TFC's fanbois on the other hand need to resort to strawman arguments to sound valid :p

(I mean seriously, can you even point to *one* post that says "TF2 is better because it has hats"?)

EntropyGuard
05-18-2010, 04:02 PM
I played TFC every single day for years. It was my favorite game, and I've probably put more hours into it than any other.

I never could figure out why they didn't just make every class run at their maximum bhopping speed. I mean, you would never NOT bhop. So why have the ability to run at a normal pace? I have the same question about walking and running in TF2. Why walk? Ever?

Likewise in TFC there was no point in normal walking because you were incredibly slow and easy to hit. Just make all classes move at maximum speed. Instantly the game would have been more accessable to newer players while not slowing the game down at all.

Kidrage
05-18-2010, 05:55 PM
I still play TFC a bit each day, and I don't need to bhop to play with others. I hardly see people doing that anymore and still enjoying the game. And I don't know if they "meant" for everyone to bhop, hence the class speeds.

Zootch
05-19-2010, 12:08 AM
Call me crazy, but I like playing the game better than watching it.

You do realize that instant respawn makes any multiplayer game with an objective an exercise in futility; right?

psihomir2
05-19-2010, 02:13 AM
I have the same question about walking and running in TF2. Why walk? Ever?

You can't walk in TF2 :D

EntropyGuard
05-20-2010, 01:32 PM
You can't walk in TF2 :D

You've got me. I never tried. I know you can in L4D and HL2 so I just assumed.

Sinnah
05-21-2010, 07:59 AM
That's because the default class speeds are already so slow it's like walking in mud. :(

Pad See Ew
05-21-2010, 10:31 AM
You do realize that instant respawn makes any multiplayer game with an objective an exercise in futility; right?
You need to play TFC again sometime. If it's an exercise in futility, you're doing it wrong.

What *is* an exercise in futility is watching from spectate, for 20 seconds, while the other team destroys the 3 people left alive defending a control point. You don't get more futile than a TF2 CP map on a roll. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the game, but it's best with KOTH maps where you can have fun without pulling out all of your hair.

urban360
05-24-2010, 02:47 AM
About that. You got to throw away the ammo you don't need (discard) and the EMPs are not so instakill anymore. In fact, they are useless without ammo that they can make explode.

i dont seem to encounter problems with EMP. EMP is also my favorite toy. useful against SGs,Pipe traps, enemies behind a wall and most of all destroy huddled group of enemies with many droped backpacks from previous deaths makes one big bomb.

some people view it more than just a game. mostly people in tfc are more community people. those who play not for the game alone, but for who you enjoy playing with. people your playing with make a big difference. i rather play on a small box server with people that act more like a friend than a big box with lots of rude people no matter the time of day.

TFC is sort of amusing but the grenade spam is so annoying that I cant enjoy the game to much. I LOVE TF2 AND I CANT HELP IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

am i the only one that don't have grenade problems?

It's a gameservers.com server hosted in Chicago. Will have info posted in a new thread tomorrow.
gameservers.com? yeah went through them and wasn't fond of linux. linux is the least supported for metamod plugins. they also did changed something that caused a linux plugin not to work anymore but they denied any fault.

i go through ultimategameservers.com now. windows based and less cost if you want a better deal. most of all i dont feel like i get the cold sholder from support with lack of help effort.

Pad See Ew
05-26-2010, 03:49 PM
am i the only one that don't have grenade problems?
Me either. I highly enjoy the mania of grenades! :D

gameservers.com? yeah went through them and wasn't fond of linux. linux is the least supported for metamod plugins. they also did changed something that caused a linux plugin not to work anymore but they denied any fault.

i go through ultimategameservers.com now. windows based and less cost if you want a better deal. most of all i dont feel like i get the cold sholder from support with lack of help effort.
Thanks for the info. It is a temporary server, but I'll pass this along to our server chief. Maybe it'll become less temporary (A TFC server is already a good deal). :cool:

P.S. I posted the server info, but the thread got deleted. We're hoping to get a crowd going tonight, if you catch this. Just hit me up on Steam! (same name)

Alexthegreat382
05-28-2010, 06:29 AM
Dustbowl is the worst thing in TFC, all the Grenades spammed at the Gate :C

kara_bulut
05-28-2010, 11:52 PM
Contradiction?

No that's a song from Megadeth

Anyway TFC is still played but not as populated as it was before.

And with TF2 on the market there is really less reason to play TFC anymore.

urban360
05-29-2010, 11:00 AM
Dustbowl is the worst thing in TFC, all the Grenades spammed at the Gate :C

you kidding me? its an old fave. pit gets bombed to hell but as attacker you got the greenades. use those to spam back to them and buy your team some time. if that don't work i use my favorite toy called anti grenade pod (if im on a NeoTF server). if you cant beat the demo spam go demo and fight pipe spam with pipe spam. also i will keep this in mind to add nade pack for attackers, i may have that dont in like an hour or so.

zyrogg
05-31-2010, 04:45 PM
give it up tfc tards, tf2 owns it. I played tfc all the time, it was trash compared to tf2.

Just a Gigolo
05-31-2010, 04:46 PM

Do you feel sad that you devoted so much time to a game that no one likes anymore?

Tf2 is a better game, don't be an elitist about it. Robin Walker himself doesn't even play TFC anymore, but he plays Tf2. Change happens, adjust.

And by the way, a 12 year old can be good at any game, so your logic is flawed. All it takes to be good at TFC is to spam grenades.

Banana Master
05-31-2010, 04:50 PM
I played TFC for many many years and QTF before that.

TF2 is completely better than both.

Those holding back are just afraid of change, like people who never upgraded from Windows 98 to Windows XP.

Headphonemaker
05-31-2010, 04:52 PM
Good, because it sucks.

No seriously it does its the worst piece of trash I've ever played, I only play it on the crappy college computers.

Paft
05-31-2010, 04:54 PM
How can one be better than the other when they're quite different. Game mode is the same, game play is not.

ShadowMask6
05-31-2010, 04:59 PM
Ok before i had the computer to play tf2 i got tfc, and was amazed at the gameplay a 10 year old game could give me. So how about we all agree there great games?

Banana Master
05-31-2010, 04:59 PM
How can one be better than the other when they're quite different. Game mode is the same, game play is not.

Exactly. One has better game play.

tmax)
05-31-2010, 05:00 PM
TFC had its day in the sun. Times have changed and to say TF2 is crappy compared to TFC is nothing short of elitist. Crits are in the game to encourage team play rather than having a single player dominate the game. It also adds an interesting element of chance to the game that you have less control over. You overcome this lack of control with decent teamwork. The pace of the game is fine. Play scout if you can't stand being slow and if you can't handle that go ahead and stick with your old unbalanced game where half the time you spam nades. I'll play my TF2 where I can choose any class and actually contribute to my team.

AlonTavor
05-31-2010, 05:05 PM
All you TFC fanbois are POOR and IRISH, and cannot afford a hat.

Paft
05-31-2010, 05:05 PM
TF2, I feel immature playing it. Running around with the rest of the Goof Toop.

mr_reaper
05-31-2010, 05:16 PM
TF2, I feel immature playing it. Running around with the rest of the Goof Toop.

so you're saying playing TFC makes you feel mature?

lol many of you guys are some serious penguins.

Just a Gigolo
05-31-2010, 05:23 PM
Duck Hunter is almost forgotten D:

All those darn noobs and there fancy new fps games.

OscarIsNeLul
05-31-2010, 05:41 PM
O look the fanbois are here again...

Its funny how you guys keep posting all this bull♥♥♥♥ arguments trying to prove tf2 is better. It just shows you guys now nothing about TFC, or obviously suck at it.

mr_reaper
05-31-2010, 05:43 PM

Its funny how you guys keep posting all this bull♥♥♥♥ arguments trying to prove tf2 is better. It just shows you guys now nothing about TFC, or obviously suck at it.

we can honestly say the same thing about you guys and your tf2 bashing too.

Zombie Lee Roth
05-31-2010, 05:52 PM

You're calling us fanbois? We're not the ones defending a dead game.

And what is "now nothing?" You need to work on your grammar if you want to prove your point.

mr_reaper
05-31-2010, 05:53 PM
i think he meant "know nothing". a simple typo.

OscarIsNeLul
05-31-2010, 05:54 PM
we can honestly say the same thing about you guys and your tf2 bashing too.

Difference is, we don't try to convince other people to play TFC. If the fanbois would just stay on the tf2 forum there would be no problem. Unfortunately they feel the need to visit this forum every few weeks to tell us we are poor, we need to move on, to say TFC is all about spam, and alot more bull♥♥♥♥ arguments we have seen here 8984894984 times already.

If you like your childish game thats fine, just keep playing that bull♥♥♥♥ but don't annoy us with it. But accept that some people rather play a real game and are not interested in that crap.

OscarIsNeLul
05-31-2010, 05:56 PM
i think he meant "know nothing". a simple typo.

That also proves my point that this fanbois are childish people, thinking they "pwnd" someone because they spotted a typo...

Zombie Lee Roth
05-31-2010, 05:57 PM
That also proves my point that this fanbois are childish people, thinking they "pwnd" someone because they spotted a typo...

Well with you it isn't an award.

It just shows your lack of intellect.

mr_reaper
05-31-2010, 05:59 PM
Difference is, we don't try to convince other people to play TFC. If the fanbois would just stay on the tf2 forum there would be no problem. Unfortunately they feel the need to visit this forum every few weeks to tell us we are poor, we need to move on, to say TFc is all about spam, and alot more bull♥♥♥♥ arguments we have seen here 8984894984 times already.

If you like your childish game thats fine, just keep playing that bull♥♥♥♥ but don't annoy us with it. But accept that some people rather play a real game and are not interested in that crap.

i don't ever see anyone promoting tfc or tf2 on these forums. both usually try to persuade the other side to stay away.

also, your definition of a "real game" is just skewed if you think tf2 is crap. interest in which type of game you prefer is a subjective matter. one man's trash is another man's treasure. the real problem is that not everyone understands that.

4beat4
05-31-2010, 06:02 PM
QWTF > TFC. Just my opinion :D

OscarIsNeLul
05-31-2010, 06:06 PM
Well thats kinda the point. We don't like tf2 for various reasons, but other than the occasional hat-joke we dont whine about it.
But the tf2 fanbois just can't let it go, they think their game is superior and feel the need to keep telling us that.

As i said before:
Trolltopics on tf2 forum: 0
Trolltopics on TFC forum: 64561616561651

Zombie Lee Roth
05-31-2010, 06:10 PM
Difference is, we don't try to convince other people to play TFC. If the fanbois would just stay on the tf2 forum there would be no problem. Unfortunately they feel the need to visit this forum every few weeks to tell us we are poor, we need to move on, to say TFC is all about spam, and alot more bull♥♥♥♥ arguments we have seen here 8984894984 times already.

I think we would like it if elitist like you didn't start playing Tf2, so I doubt anyone has tried to convince you to play Tf2. And yes, you do need to move on, it's a dead game, get over it. Just because you wasted your life "mastering" a dead game, doesn't mean there isn't better games.

It also seems you don't understand the "Poor and Irish" joke.

Tf2 isn't childish, there is the same amount of blood, violence, and killing, if not more, in Tf2. Tf2 just has a sense of humor, and what is childish about that.

And last time I checked, a real game isn't some crappy quake mod.

Well thats kinda the point. We don't like tf2 for various reasons, but other than the occasional hat-joke we dont whine about it.
But the tf2 fanbois just can't let it go, they think their game is superior and feel the need to keep telling us that.

Sorry, but the truth has to be spoken.

As i said before:
Trolltopics on TFC forum: 64561616561651

You've never been the the Tf2 forums before have you? It's filled with troll topics, but this forum only has 1.

BuyAHatGetAGame
05-31-2010, 06:11 PM
ITT: RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE

nanosheep
05-31-2010, 06:16 PM

As i said before:
Trolltopics on TFC forum: 64,561,616,561,651

You should join us sometime on the TF2 forums. The number of troll threads is greater than 0. Fortunately, less than sixty four trillion five hundred sixty one billion six hundred sixteen million five hundred sixty one thousand six hundred and fifty one topics.

OscarIsNeLul
05-31-2010, 06:33 PM
I think we would like it if elitist like you didn't start playing Tf2, so I doubt anyone has tried to convince you to play Tf2. And yes, you do need to move on, it's a dead game, get over it. Just because you wasted your life "mastering" a dead game, doesn't mean there isn't better games.

Chess has been played for over 1000 years, should we throw it away and move on to just because it's old? People just assume that new games are always better, but if that was true we wouldn't still be playing TFC instead of FF or tf2

It also seems you don't understand the "Poor and Irish" joke.

It's not only about your lame joke, we hear that ♥♥♥♥ here all the time. You should see the bull♥♥♥♥ fanbois posted here as to why we are still playing TFC. Apparently "just because it's fun" is not a real reason, they assume we are all too poor to buy tf2.

Tf2 isn't childish, there is the same amount of blood, violence, and killing, if not more, in Tf2. Tf2 just has a sense of humor, and what is childish about that.

Personal opinion, and i think its childish. Main reason are the fanbois like you that make it look like every server is a kindergarten full of 12 year olds.

And last time I checked, a real game isn't some crappy quake mod.

Shows how much you know. Mods are games to, they just use content from a different game.
When i say real game i'm referring to gameplay, where TFC can be considered a real sport, and tf2 is just a casual game that doesn't work for competitive gameplay.

You've never been the the Tf2 forums before have you? It's filled with troll topics, but this forum only has 1.

And how many of those are topics from TFC fanbios ranting about tf2? As i said, most of us don't even care about the game so we don't troll other forums with bull♥♥♥♥ like that.

Zombie Lee Roth
05-31-2010, 06:42 PM
Chess has been played for over 1000 years, should we throw it away and move on to just because it's old? People just assume that new games are always better, but if that was true we wouldn't still be playing TFC instead of FF or tf2

How dare you compare TFC to chess. Chess is a classic game played by countless people in every country around the world. Only 290 people have played TFC today. There is a difference.

Tf2 is played by 20,116 people so far today, and is the 4th highest played. Just because some elitist who don't want to believe they wasted their life mastering a crappy game keep playing a TFC doesn't prove your theory.

Perifim
05-31-2010, 06:43 PM

It's not only about your lame joke, we hear that ♥♥♥♥ here all the time. You should see the bull♥♥♥♥ fanbois posted here as to why we are still playing TFC. Apparently "just because it's fun" is not a real reason, they assume we are all too poor to buy tf2.

Personal opinion, and i think its childish. Main reason are the fanbois like you that make it look like every server is a kindergarten full of 12 year olds.

Shows how much you know. Mods are games to, they just use content from a different game.
When i say real game i'm referring to gameplay, where TFC can be considered a real sport, and tf2 is just a casual game that doesn't work for competitive gameplay.

And how many of those are topics from TFC fanbios ranting about tf2? As i said, most of us don't even care about the game so we don't troll other forums with bull♥♥♥♥ like that.

Calling anyone who disagrees with you a 12 year old fanboi, oh grow up. Stop ♥♥♥♥♥ing, and play TFC. No one cares about your biased opinions.
It's one thing to argue about it but why is everyone so angry aggressive.

OscarIsNeLul
05-31-2010, 06:52 PM
How dare you compare TFC to chess. Chess is a classic game played by countless people in every country around the world. Only 290 people have played TFC today. There is a difference.

Tf2 is played by 20,116 people so far today, and is the 4th highest played. Just because some elitist who don't want to believe they wasted their life mastering a crappy game keep playing a TFC doesn't prove your theory.

So i write that entire reply and that's all you can say to it?

Fine lets make a new comparison: lets kill your grandfather, he's old anyway, and has no use to society anymore. There's 6,824,300,000 people in the world, and only 10 or so love him so it's not a big loss anyway...

Maybe TFC is not as big as chess, but that's only because most people don't play games. But in the history of videogames TFC is 1 of the most important shooters ever for many reasons. For one, there would be no tf2 without it. Just saying it's old and therefore dead is like killing all old people because they are useless now. This is not just about games, it's about respecting everyone/everything equally, even if you personally don't care about them/it.

OscarIsNeLul
05-31-2010, 06:58 PM
Calling anyone who disagrees with you a 12 year old fanboi, oh grow up. Stop ♥♥♥♥♥ing, and play TFC. No one cares about your biased opinions.
It's one thing to argue about it but why is everyone so angry aggressive.

I didn't say everyone who disagrees is a 12 year old fanboi, i say that most tf2 players are kids. The entire community is just immature, and the rants here prove my point.

Zombie Lee Roth
05-31-2010, 07:09 PM
So i write that entire reply and that's all you can say to it?

Fine lets make a new comparison: lets kill your grandfather, he's old anyway, and has no use to society anymore. There's 6,824,300,000 people in the world, and only 10 or so love him so it's not a big loss anyway...

Maybe TFC is not as big as chess, but that's only because most people don't play games. But in the history of videogames TFC is 1 of the most important shooters ever for many reasons. For one, there would be no tf2 without it. Just saying it's old and therefore dead is like killing all old people because they are useless now. This is not just about games, it's about respecting everyone/everything equally, even if you personally don't care about them/it.

Killing old people equals not playing a video game, your logic isn't demented or anything (Sarcasm).

Plus TFC is already dead, so it would be like pulling the plug on a guy in a coma, not killing something that's alive.

ItsNeverLupus
05-31-2010, 07:13 PM
TFC Is dead, and when it wasn't it was a ♥♥♥♥ing spam fest.
TF2 is a better game, you can't call a dead 10 year old spamfest of a game better than one of the most diverse fps's out there.

LOL-ness
05-31-2010, 07:14 PM
This is not just about games, it's about respecting everyone/everything equally, even if you personally don't care about them/it.

Yet I don't see you respecting TF2. How ironic for you to say that.

TBH, I don't see why you are flogging the dying horse that is TFC. Yes, TFC WAS great, but that era is over now. TF2 IS great, and will continue to be great until Valve decides to come out with a new online FPS that can rival TF2 and L4D series for Valve FPS dominance.

EDIT: And CS:S/CS1.6. How can I forget about them?!

Jeans44
05-31-2010, 07:15 PM

Well two can play at this game:
"sure you can play TFC, if you want a qauke ripoff with terrible weapons and gameplay."

Jeans44
05-31-2010, 07:20 PM
We all better stop making fun of the 15 TFC palyers.

OscarIsNeLul
05-31-2010, 07:20 PM
TFC Is dead, and when it wasn't it was a ♥♥♥♥ing spam fest.
TF2 is a better game, you can't call a dead 10 year old spamfest of a game better than one of the most diverse fps's out there.

Another fanboi who just proves my point...
Fyi, you can't win a match in TFC just by spamming nades. Maybe you should try it before posting bull♥♥♥♥ like this.

As for all the others who say it's dead, does that makes us zombies or something? Because there are still servers that are full every night so it look very alive to me.

Zombie Lee Roth
05-31-2010, 07:22 PM
Fyi, you can't win a match in TFC just by spamming nades. Maybe you should try it before posting bull♥♥♥♥ like this.

I think this video will prove you wrong. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=885m-kPjnuw)

As for all the others who say it's dead, does that makes us zombies or something? Because there are still servers that are full every night so it look very alive to me.

290 players today means it's dead.

nanosheep
05-31-2010, 07:24 PM

You mean people don't mash G on their keyboard whilst playing TFC? I got a completely opposite experience whilst playing it. 9 classes spamming frags and 9 other types of mumbo jumbo making Call of Duty 4 : Grenade Grenade look like Disneyland.

OscarIsNeLul
05-31-2010, 07:25 PM
Yet I don't see you respecting TF2. How ironic for you to say that.

TBH, I don't see why you are flogging the dying horse that is TFC. Yes, TFC WAS great, but that era is over now. TF2 IS great, and will continue to be great until Valve decides to come out with a new online FPS that can rival TF2 and L4D series for Valve FPS dominance.

As i said before, we don't care if people want to play tf2. Ofcourse we make jokes about the stupid things like hats, or about the gameplay that's not realy challenging. But we don't make trolltopics on the tf2 forum about that.

I can respect the game for what it is, my 8 year old sister likes it more than TFC to. But that's because it's made for kids in the first place. It's like games about the teletubies, it's fun for some but most people just ignore it because they rather play something made for adults.

nanosheep
05-31-2010, 07:27 PM
It's like games about the teletubies, it's fun for some but most people just ignore it because they rather play something made for adults.

That's a rather sweeping generalisation.

There's an "M" rating on the game for a reason.

As far as I know teletubies is rated E.

Zombie Lee Roth
05-31-2010, 07:27 PM
As i said before, we don't care if people want to play tf2. Ofcourse we make jokes about the stupid things like hats, or about the gameplay that's not realy challenging. But we don't make trolltopics on the tf2 forum about that.

I can respect the game for what it is, my 8 year old sister likes it more than TFC to. But that's because it's made for kids in the first place. It's like games about the teletubies, it's fun for some but most people just ignore it because they rather play something made for adults.

How the heck is an M rated game made for kids? It has a unique art style, unlike TFC which looks like an ♥♥♥. Next you'll say that South Park is for kids.

Gaisle
05-31-2010, 07:31 PM

Please never reference that movie.

Kevin Costner is horrible.

On Topic:

What is with all of this hate across the Steam forums!?

What happened to the good ole' days.

Where we'd all get together, and mock the console players.

OscarIsNeLul
05-31-2010, 07:32 PM
I think this video will prove you wrong. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=885m-kPjnuw)

And dustbowl=TFC? There is a reason that map is nicknamed Spambowl, and that's also the reason why most people don't play it anymore. It is indeed very unbalanced because of the spam so we just play other AVD maps these days where nadespam is not a problem.

290 players today means it's dead.

290 today means nothing, there are still over 1000 active players. Just because you don't play every day doesn't mean it's dead.

LOL-ness

Yeah, I am sorry I didn't read the previous 13 pages, it's just way too long, so pardon me.

So why do you think TF2 are for kids? Is it because of:
1. The soldier demomen spam?
2. The constant pyro air blasting?
3. The cartoony graphics?
4. The "shallow" skill level?
5. Immature players?
6. Others?

Honestly, you should have been playing computer games for quite some time to know this by now. Any game can be noobified depending on how some of its features are exploited. To call a game childish just because of the reasons above really tells me a lot about you.

● L1pE ● BR

You say this game is for kids just because it has a cartoony art style, and we are the immature people? Yeah right... :rolleyes:
Don't start saying random bullsh*t just because you can't get over the fact that TFC is dead.

nanosheep
05-31-2010, 07:36 PM
Lets look at this:

Spam a frag around a corner and bag a kill. As the victim, how was he supposed to have dodged it? Clairvoyance? Oh, but frags are easy to avoid and dodge, he just sucked, you say. Perhaps, but nobody is going to spend much time trying to get any good at the game if they're going to be killed by frustrating tactics.

Also, people play TF2 and complain that the Pyro is underpowered. Wu-hell, they haven't played TFC. Exactly what is the Pyro's purpose in TFC when his weapons are so damn mediocre? Light spies on fire? Oh this is a TEAM game you say? Then why is that Medic conc jumping off by himself and not healing me? What on earth is this grenade jumping madness? Most of the reasons people get put off by this game is that it requires skill to be good at (and acquiring said skill takes time). You join a game and get overwhelemed by the sheer number of skillful players that play the game competitively, draining out all the fun.

There's a reason TF2 is more appealing to the public. its easy to pick up. Its noob friendly, and guess what? That means more people will have more fun, which means more people are likely to pick it up again and again. Don't bring that "OH ITS A BLOODY CARTOON IT MUST BE FOR KIDS NUUHHHHH". If it looks like a cartoon and you immediately think like that, read this (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ptitlerax1116nu5ji).

OscarIsNeLul
05-31-2010, 07:37 PM
You mean people don't mash G on their keyboard whilst playing TFC? I got a completely opposite experience whilst playing it. 9 classes spamming frags and 9 other types of mumbo jumbo making Call of Duty 4 : Grenade Grenade look like Disneyland.

Again, shows how much you know. Not all 9 classes got deadly nades to begin with, and not all 9 are suited for spamming.

Next point, you start with only 3 nades when you spawn. I would love to see you kill scoutrushes by spamming just those 3. In a real match most kills are actually from rpg/shotgun, and last time i checked tf2 got those weapons to...

Ridley
05-31-2010, 07:39 PM
We all better stop making fun of the 15 TFC palyers.

and now according to some people they are also zombies.
I play Tf2. And after watching the greande spam video i was gald i play tf2. At least you can find a way to get out aof something like that.too many ways to list.Tf2 might die some day like TFC too but who really cares?Tf2 is neat because they keep mixing it up so it keeps people interested. Also, tf2 people do care a little too much about hats. Like today i heard something like this,"I FINNALY FOUND A HAT!" it is really funny hearing all the stuff about how dang lucky they are that they found one or complaining about the new drop system which actually is worse.

nanosheep
05-31-2010, 07:41 PM
Again, shows how much you know. Not all 9 classes got deadly nades to begin with, and not all 9 are suited for spamming.

Next point, you start with only 3 nades when you spawn. I would love to see you kill scoutrushes by spamming just those 3. In a real match most kills are actually from rpg/shotgun, and last time i checked tf2 got those weapons to...

Yet, all the classes have grenades, and people spam them regardless.

OscarIsNeLul
05-31-2010, 07:43 PM
Yet, all the classes have grenades, and people spam them regardless.

Ye as a scout i spam concs all the time, because that's so ♥♥♥♥ing useful :rolleyes:

nanosheep
05-31-2010, 07:44 PM
Ye as a scout i spam concs all the time, because that's so ♥♥♥♥ing useful :rolleyes:

So everyone in this game is a scout? Sounds like fun! :rolleyes:

LOL-ness
05-31-2010, 07:48 PM
I think the point Nanosheep is making here is that EVERY class's got grenades in TFC. TF2 don't.

OscarIsNeLul
05-31-2010, 07:53 PM
Lets look at this:

Spam a frag around a corner and bag a kill. As the victim, how was he supposed to have dodged it? Clairvoyance? Oh, but frags are easy to avoid and dodge, he just sucked, you say. Perhaps, but nobody is going to spend much time trying to get any good at the game if they're going to be killed by frustrating tactics.

You can say the same about any game or sport. Someone who is better than you will always have better tactics, the only way to counter that is learn from them and practice more. If you don't feel like practicing to get good at something you're just lazy.

Also, people play TF2 and complain that the Pyro is underpowered. Wu-hell, they haven't played TFC. Exactly what is the Pyro's purpose in TFC when his weapons are so damn mediocre? Light spies on fire? Oh this is a TEAM game you say? Then why is that Medic conc jumping off by himself and not healing me? What on earth is this grenade jumping madness? Most of the reasons people get put off by this game is that it requires skill to be good at (and acquiring said skill takes time). You join a game and get overwhelemed by the sheer number of skillful players that play the game competitively, draining out all the fun.

For some people the fun is learning all those things. Same as point 1, there are no other sports you can join the first day and be better than someone who has been playing for 10 years.

There's a reason TF2 is more appealing to the public. its easy to pick up. Its noob friendly, and guess what? That means more people will have more fun, which means more people are likely to pick it up again and again. Don't bring that "OH ITS A BLOODY CARTOON IT MUST BE FOR KIDS NUUHHHHH". If it looks like a cartoon and you immediately think like that, read this (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ptitlerax1116nu5ji).

It's not the cartoon gfx that make it childish, it's that easy gameplay that you think is fun. I see my sister play the game and get kills by all sorts of random stuff, she has actually no skill at all when it comes to shooters but still she is at the top of the scoreboard. So if a 8 year old girl can be good at it it's made for kids.

Zombie Lee Roth
05-31-2010, 07:55 PM
It's not the cartoon gfx that make it childish, it's that easy gameplay that you think is fun. I see my sister play the game and get kills by all sorts of random stuff, she has actually no skill at all when it comes to shooters but still she is at the top of the scoreboard. So if a 8 year old girl can be good at it it's made for kids.

My sister who is a fetus plays TFC all the time, and she always dominates everyone on the score board.

Just because you say something on the internet doesn't make it true,

LOL-ness
05-31-2010, 07:56 PM

Try spy, or medic.

OscarIsNeLul
05-31-2010, 08:01 PM
I think the point Nanosheep is making here is that EVERY class's got grenades in TFC. TF2 don't.

It's true they all got nades, but for most classes spamming is actually counterproductive. You assume everybody is spamming all the time just because you have played dustbowl once.

That map is the exception and probably the only map that can be won by spam, but don't base your opinion on that 1 map alone.

OscarIsNeLul
05-31-2010, 08:03 PM
My sister who is a fetus plays TFC all the time, and she always dominates everyone on the score board.

Just because you say something on the internet doesn't make it true,

Yoe realise you just prove my point right? Remember what i said about the immature tf2 community? Maybe you should try to have a discussion like adults do..

Bdthemag
05-31-2010, 08:04 PM
this thread is funny, people complaining about an upgrade to the game they love.

Zombie Lee Roth
05-31-2010, 08:06 PM
Yoe realise you just prove my point right? Remember what i said about the immature tf2 community? Maybe you should try to have a discussion like adults do..

I was doing a satire of your stupid argument about this "sister" of your's playing Tf2. Last time I checked satire was very mature, or at least it was when Voltaire did it.

LOL-ness
05-31-2010, 08:08 PM
this thread is funny, people complaining about an upgrade to the game they love.

Well, no actually. I think TFC and TF2 are so different, the only thing in common is that they both have "Team Fortress" in their name and they share common classes. Calling TF2 an upgrade will probably upset the TFC diehards who don't want their favourite classic to be associated with a kid's game, and the TF2 crowd who don't want their favourite game to be associated with a Quake mod.

Note some of the stuff above are not my opinion. They are the general consensus. Others can be disregarded as opinion.

nanosheep
05-31-2010, 08:13 PM
You can say the same about any game or sport. Someone who is better than you will always have better tactics, the only way to counter that is learn from them and practice more. If you don't feel like practicing to get good at something you're just lazy.

I don't feel like practicing something and getting good at it if I feel like my time is better spend productively, for fun, or for gains that make me have a sense of accomplishment. Not because I am lazy. So you say that millions of people who never get good at something automatically makes them lazy? Perhaps they have other reasons for this? Maybe?

For some people the fun is learning all those things. Same as point 1, there are no other sports you can join the first day and be better than someone who has been playing for 10 years.
Well duh, except the Pyro is so inefficient at his job compared to the other classes in TFC. Tell me how to be good with him. What is his purpose? What exactly is he efficient at? Give me a class breakdown between the Pyro and everyone else, and how to counter them using the most elite tactics. Then do it again in TF2.

Its not the criminal that commits the murder, its that knife that plunges into the victim. However, all criminals eat food. So if somebody eats food he must be a criminal.

He's a Muslim, he must be a Terrorist.

He's from America, he must be fat.

etc.

[EDIT] In case you didn't notice, I was using a fallacy.

OscarIsNeLul
05-31-2010, 08:20 PM
Well, no actually. I think TFC and TF2 are so different, the only thing in common is that they both have "Team Fortress" in their name and they share common classes. Calling TF2 an upgrade will probably upset the TFC diehards who don't want their favourite classic to be associated with a kid's game, and the TF2 crowd who don't want their favourite game to be associated with a Quake mod.

Note some of the stuff above are not my opinion. They are the general consensus. Others can be disregarded as opinion.

I think everybody here can agree that tf2 is not an upgraded TFC. If anything i would say FF is an attempt to TFC: source but it's still not a TFC2.
Maybe the fanbois should realize this to, because that is the reason why we still play TFC. Not because we hate tf2, ff, valve or the pope, but because the other games are too different. QWTF fanbois dislike TFC to for the same reason we dislike tf2, but we don't try to convince them to move on and play something new.
And yes there is still a QWTF community, and they aren't zombies either...

Just a Gigolo
05-31-2010, 08:31 PM
How about we leave it with "Old dogs can't learn new tricks." They've devoted enough time to TFC that if they left to play something better, they would of wasted a large chunk of their life.

OscarIsNeLul
05-31-2010, 08:34 PM
I don't feel like practicing something and getting good at it if I feel like my time is better spend productively, for fun, or for gains that make me have a sense of accomplishment. Not because I am lazy. So you say that millions of people who never get good at something automatically makes them lazy? Perhaps they have other reasons for this? Maybe?

That's the difference between TFC and other games, a match is actually considered a sport rather than something you do for fun for 10 minutes. Ofcourse there are people who don't care about other sports either and just want to kick around a ball in their backyard, but then they shouldn't complain about the pro's being better at it because they just practice more.

Well duh, except the Pyro is so inefficient at his job compared to the other classes in TFC. Tell me how to be good with him. What is his purpose? What exactly is he efficient at? Give me a class breakdown between the Pyro and everyone else, and how to counter them using the most elite tactics. Then do it again in TF2.

The problem is that you assume every class can be good in every situation. Ofcourse the pyro is useless on some maps, just like a scout is useless on 2fort, or a sniper is useless on schtop etc. The pyro is actually a good class for both offense and defense if played right, you just need teamplay here because you can't get the kills yourself.

Paft
05-31-2010, 08:36 PM
Do you feel sad that you devoted so much time to a game that no one likes anymore?

Tf2 is a better game, don't be an elitist about it. Robin Walker himself doesn't even play TFC anymore, but he plays Tf2. Change happens, adjust.

And by the way, a 12 year old can be good at any game, so your logic is flawed. All it takes to be good at TFC is to spam grenades.

So I can't enjoy Britney Spears' previous album?

People also seem not to realise that public server TFC and matches from experienced players are also completely different.

Not only that there was and still is a whole "skillz" community. As well as tones of fun maps still being made today.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cYxcHYAOAg - "MadCow^vi - Part V - (BRAND NEW 2010)"

This is what I find appealing about TFC. It sets it apart from anything I have ever played. TF2 is a good game in it's own way, it's a fun casual game. But it doesn't grab me.

So, if that stuff didn't exist in TFC then I'd probably like TF2 since they're be pretty much the same. Although, I do find the whole childish theme irritating. "Sandvich" "Boink" and so on.

Spycake
05-31-2010, 08:46 PM
They're both awesome games. One is just played less. Besides that, there's no real reason to be hatin' on the other's community.

wredwilli
05-31-2010, 09:00 PM
Oscar the thing about TF2 is that most classes have a low skill floor and a high skill ceiling. New players can get kills through spam and crits but more advanced players can easily outmaneuver then and outskill them with more difficult tactics better teamwork and better aim.

TF2 is a big competitive game and can be considered a sport when played as such, it just doesnt have to be.

OscarIsNeLul
05-31-2010, 09:44 PM
Oscar the thing about TF2 is that most classes have a low skill floor and a high skill ceiling. New players can get kills through spam and crits but more advanced players can easily outmaneuver then and outskill them with more difficult tactics better teamwork and better aim.

TF2 is a big competitive game and can be considered a sport when played as such, it just doesnt have to be.

Same thing can be said about TFC realy. But most newbs think they can play the hard classes like scout from day 1 and they get mad when it doesn't work. Ofcourse it's easy to blame it on nadespam, but a smart player will think about why that nade hit them at that spot, and try to avoid it next time they run around that corner.
Its true that all the different advanced skills can be overwhelming to a new player so they think it's just random spam, but that's why it takes time to be good at TFC.

My problem is not just tf2, it's every modern game that doesn't have this advanced gameplay. Its all straightforward and easy to learn, but after a few years it gets boring because everybody know the same stuff so it's impossible to keep improving. That's why old games like quake, TFC and UT are still played today, but in 10 years nobody will be playing tf2 anymore.
What most tf2 fanbois don't seem to understand is that we are not just casual gamers who want to play something for 10 minutes every day, and that the real hardcore games are not made anymore these days so we have to play this old stuff if we want to have some fun.

jockmo42
05-31-2010, 09:44 PM
Hey everyone, just here to argue with people I could never convince and who could never convince me. It sounded like a great way to spend my evening.

Pad See Ew
06-01-2010, 12:43 AM
Both games are crazy fun. Enjoying TFC a lot lately for the nostalgia - we started a server to celebrate the 10th anniversary of our community.

Agent Neon
06-01-2010, 01:14 AM
Honestly i have no idea why there is even a argument about this, they are two different games, they have different fan bases, they have different styles and different tactics necessary.

HOWEVER! when you say that TF2 is a kids game that is when it becomes stupid on your behalf, JUST BECAUSE MOST YOUNG KIDS HAVE NEVER EVEN HEARD OF TFC BECAUSE OF ITS DYING POPULATION DOES NOT MEAN TF2 IS A KIDS GAME BECAUSE ITS NEW AND POPULAR!

young kids play TF2 because they can, and because its new and popular, they see they're brother / dad playing and they get curious. However this doesn't happen so much with TFC because its players generally don't have people looking over their shoulders, and if they did it wouldn't look as kid friendly.

As for the calling cartoon graphics childish...for shame...At least we have character known throughout the world that belongs to little or no other games.

And as for it being noob friendly, that is a good thing, it helps keep the fan base alive and gets new players all the time, where as people play your game, see how much skill is needed to do well and to make it past the spawn gate, and they quit.

Whereas in TF2 we have a far friendlier populous which will try to help new players and a style of gameplay that allows for both skilled and new players.

In case you didn't realize, yes i am a TF2 fan and yes i am about 15, but am being alot more mature than most of you TFC players who seem to pride them selfs on how "mature" they are.

Jeans44
06-01-2010, 05:08 AM
I dont see why people are so dedicated to a generic 90s FPS, thats all TFC is that and a mediocore qauke mod. There where no real difening features of TFC then and now, maybe the classes. Iam sure some hardcore TFC fanboy is going to say "well TFC has advanced techniques and gameplay." well no actully.

Taikis
06-01-2010, 05:17 AM
TFC Hammer Legion Member is going to say "well TFC has advanced techniques and gameplay." well no actully.

Well in my opinion it does. Even though I have never really played TFC (I have played once).

OscarIsNeLul
06-01-2010, 05:39 AM
I dont see why people are so dedicated to a generic 90s FPS, thats all TFC is that and a mediocore qauke mod. There where no real difening features of TFC then and now, maybe the classes. Iam sure some hardcore TFC Hammer Legion Member is going to say "well TFC has advanced techniques and gameplay." well no actully.

http://static.rcgroups.com/forums/attachments/2/7/7/9/3/9/a2926156-219-Facepalm%20jesus-facepalm-facepalm.jpg

orangensaft
06-01-2010, 06:02 AM
You're calling us fanbois? We're not the ones defending a dead game. [...]

Wait, what? So it's better to bash a "dead game", instead of defending it? Yeeaahh, I see what you mean.. Wait, what?

Jeans44
06-01-2010, 12:57 PM
http://static.rcgroups.com/forums/attachments/2/7/7/9/3/9/a2926156-219-Facepalm%20jesus-facepalm-facepalm.jpg
YOUR POINT IS SO VALID, IAM IMPRESSED.

au$dawg
06-01-2010, 01:30 PM
The childish antics displayed in this thread are absolute hilarity. If you don't like the game stop being a ****tard and coming onto said game's forum and bashing it. That being said, people who like TFC are going to disagree with people who like TF2 and vice versa. What a waste of all your lives.

Edit: I play and love both games.

serg_boy202
06-01-2010, 02:14 PM
I love TFC and I Love TF2.

Sometimes i play TFC but mostly play TF2. But TFC is still an amazing game.

Trancetasy
06-01-2010, 06:22 PM
I love TFC and I Love TF2.

Sometimes i play TFC but mostly play TF2. But TFC is still an amazing game.

Quake 1's Team Fortress ftw :p
http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/3323/tf4ever.jpg

Just a Gigolo
06-01-2010, 08:04 PM
Here is a quote from Yahtzee about why Tf2 is better for not having grenades.

it doesn't alienate the new players getting killed by the so-called experts who have been perfecting how to throw the fiddly things when the rest of us were out having sex with girls.

nanosheep
06-01-2010, 08:06 PM

Yahtzee never fails to be on nobody's side.

Pad See Ew
06-02-2010, 11:01 AM
Yeah that was a great reply explaining why one geek likes a different game than another geek! Classic....

Come on guys, pull your head out of your backsides, we're arguing about video games. They're both hilarious fun if you give them a chance and appreciate their differences. But I guess it's more fun to explain how you're 'too busy having sex with girls' than to care about a game....hmm, isn't it interesting how you're pretty 'busy' posting here.