PDA

View Full Version : Jumpy/Flickering

GreeneVelvet
09-13-2009, 11:05 PM
The game fires up just fine, but the screen jumps and flickers when i move the mouse pointer around, its completely irritating and the game is unplayable.

Running windows vista 64 bit, i'm sure this is the issue.
What do i need to do to resolve this?

r_scott1000
09-20-2009, 06:59 PM
Go to C:->Program Files -> Steam -> Steamapps -> Commom ->Safecracker 2. Open the Config file. Change the line bFullScreen=1 to bFullScreen=0. This will give you a smaller screen but will get rid of the flickering

GreeneVelvet
09-21-2009, 09:23 PM
Cheers! Works like a charm now.

SirN
01-01-2010, 03:53 AM
The games Safecracker2/Entropia/RichochetInfinity shows this flickering behaviour and needs to be run in window-mode... But, if I follow your instructions to get that in Safecracker2 then I get all kinds of other problems:
1. The text dissappears from menuchoices "Yes" "No" boxes - the boxes are empty (and I know that the left one is Yes but I would want the text).
2. Subtitles dissappears even if they are set to show
3. the right click inventory and menu does not appear

The game is unplayable and theese are the errors I've found instantly soo there might be more. I have Vista 64bit and Radeon 4870x2 and I expect this problem to be related to the fact that the 2 graphic-cards divide the picture between them but this other fellow here suggests it's an Vista problem - I don't know.

Any help?

EDIT problem cured w/ disabling Catalyst AI setting - full screenb works now All OK!

MPaans
07-30-2010, 07:03 AM
I had a hard time getting Safecracker to work (win7, nvidia 8800 GTS), so I played around in the config.ini, till it started up without the flickering (it did crash a lot during these changes, btw!)

Since I'm not quite sure what I changed, I'll just c/p the entire ini. Hope this helps someone :)

[OPTION]
MIXING=S
SAVE=1
SPEED=-1
SUBTITLE=1
AMBIENT=100
SFX=100
VOICE=100
LOC =US

bUseHardware=1
bUse32BitsSprites=1
bUse32BitsScreen=1
bFullScreen=0
bScreenResolution=2
dataset=2
nProfiles=1
nVolume=100
bSoftBilinear=0
bCenterMouse = 1

[INSTALL]
PATH=e:\steam\steamapps\common\safecracker 2\Datas

machete_kills
09-09-2011, 05:43 PM
Dang, I've tried all these things but I still have a problem. When in windowed mode, the game starts fine. Both producers logos show up and fade away. Here comes the problem: when i should see the game main menu, all I get is a completely black screen.

Anyone knows how to fix that? I listen the menu music, but nothing shows up in the screen, even the mouse pointer.

Running Win 7 x64 Ultimate with Nvidia Quadro 600 (latest drivers).

tnoyce
09-09-2011, 07:07 PM
No idea on how to fix the black screen problem. Once I set it to windowed mode, my flicker stopped, and the game appears to be running without any problem.

System Specs:
Dell XPS 730x
Win 7 x64
Nvidia GeForce 280
Soundblaster X-Fi

PhantomLord
09-09-2011, 08:13 PM
Just to report, I have a Win 7 64 bit laptop with a Radeon 6850M and have no trouble running in fullscreen. When switching to windowed mode I saw the flickering. I know that doesn't help for those it's not working for.

As SirN said above, try disabling Catalyst AI. This fix is actually listed in the "manual" that comes with the game. I do not have it disabled, but it could affect some people.

MithranArkanere
09-11-2011, 04:53 PM
Yeah. No way to make it stop flickering in Fullscreen.

Got mine to work better with this confing:

[OPTION]
MIXING=S
SAVE=1
SPEED=-1
SUBTITLE=1
AMBIENT=100
SFX=100
VOICE=100
LOC=US

bUseHardware=1
bUse32BitsSprites=1
bUse32BitsScreen=1
bFullScreen=0
bScreenResolution=2
dataset=2
nProfiles=1
nVolume=100
bSoftBilinear=1
bCenterMouse=0

[INSTALL]
PATH=x:\steam\steamapps\common\safecracker 2\Datas

Naarh
09-12-2011, 06:06 AM
It may happens if anti-aliasing is enable. Switch off this graphical option in the Performance/Quality settings of your video driver and try again.
Selecting "Application-controlled" is also ok as it will switch off antialiasing.

Hope it will solve your problem.

PurSpyk!!
01-28-2012, 01:34 PM
Force into a window works, but how do you move the window? The game always opens in the top left of the monitor, would like it to open centrered?

Whispers 2
04-25-2012, 04:48 PM
Force into a window works, but how do you move the window? The game always opens in the top left of the monitor, would like it to open centrered?

lol same here. mouse disappears outside the window. but at least the game is playable at all. moving the window would be great. :)

nevik92
07-13-2012, 12:50 AM
I disabled the antialiasing, but the flickering is still present.
Runing the game in window mode seems the only solution.

gorpie
08-30-2012, 09:21 AM

lol same here. mouse disappears outside the window. but at least the game is playable at all. moving the window would be great. :)

I Alt-Tabbed out of the game, then I could move the window.