PDA

View Full Version : Insert CD?

ethanjroberts
09-18-2009, 06:20 PM
So i just bought the Jedi Knight Collection on steam. After some tweaking, i got dark forces II to work fine. But when i fired up Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast and attempted to start a new game, it asked me to put the CD in. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Funnily enough i own the original disc, so it may seem stupid but i could see if doing what it asks helps. Never the less, i would appreciate any help in sorting out this issue. Lugging the disc around with me and my laptop doesn't seem too appealing, given i just bought the damn thing for the sole reason of not using the disc.

Tes4o
09-19-2009, 07:26 AM
So i just bought the Jedi Knight Collection on steam. After some tweaking, i got dark forces II to work fine. But when i fired up Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast and attempted to start a new game, it asked me to put the CD in. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Funnily enough i own the original disc, so it may seem stupid but i could see if doing what it asks helps. Never the less, i would appreciate any help in sorting out this issue. Lugging the disc around with me and my laptop doesn't seem too appealing, given i just bought the damn thing for the sole reason of not using the disc.

Have the same problem here.

ATimson
09-20-2009, 03:54 PM
Is anyone else experiencing this problem?
I tried just now, and didn't have a problem. Did you try verifying your game cache?

m1n1me737
09-21-2009, 11:52 AM
hey im also getting asked for a CD. When i first downloaded and installed the game i didn't have this problem however i wanted to play on 1.02 so i downloaded a mod which would allow me too. after i put the mod on i couldn't open outcast on multiplayer, i was able to open single player though but it asked for a cd when i tried to play... i switched it back to 1.04 and am able to start multiplayer also now but it wants a cd still. did you figure out how to fix? how do i verify my game cache?

12-28-2009, 01:58 PM
Yep I am also having a problem, and this is really irratating.

12-28-2009, 05:56 PM
Does anybody have any idea why this is happening?! This is ridiculous! Like some of the other posters said, I bought this game so I WOULDN'T have to use the cds again! No one knows how to make this stop?

Papa Midnight
01-01-2010, 02:12 PM
Hope this helps.

http://jediheroes.com/index.php?name=CmodsDownload&file=index&req=viewsdownload&sid=6&orderby=titleA

Master Hobbes
04-27-2010, 02:09 PM
or just use a no cd patch there are tons on the net look for 1.04