PDA

View Full Version : "coop" and "coop online/lan" - HUGE difference!

KaKistoZ
09-21-2009, 03:40 PM
Steam, PLEASE listen to me. You've drained enough money from me, not solely because of the bitter currency change from dollars to euros, but because I've been tricked - MORE THAN ONCE - by several "game profiles" in lack of a better word for it.

Let me explain and share my frustration: Time and again, my buddy and I have been on the lookout for coop games that might be fun online or on seperate pc's on LAN. And every now and again we've bought a few games on steam, being sure of it being coop due to the text that is shared on most "game profiles".

Alas, a few to many times we've been disappointed to discover that due to the lacking explanation as to WHAT KIND of coop it is we're buying, we end up buying a game that remains placed in the list of unappreciated games.

Steam, therefore I beg of you: I am most loyal to your digital distribution. I even coped with the "dollar-euro" transition. Please, and I mean this; PLEASE add additional information if a game supports LAN/online so that my buddy and myself, and surely others may avoid buying games such as LEGO Batman, thinking it can be played online for a few good hours.

Sincerely, Azeem Amin a.k.a KaKistoZ

phoenix5
09-21-2009, 03:50 PM
I'd second that. Always looking for coop games, and I get tired of having to dig around online to find out if it's real coop, or just single PC "coop". There needs to be some way to specify this in the game description.

slayvus
09-21-2009, 04:24 PM
I agree

Just because a game supports Co-Op doesn't mean it can be played Co-Op through LAN or internet. This really is something that should be fixed.

I would really like to find more games that are LAN/Internet Co-Op enabled and not just Co-Op on the same PC like Shadowgrounds is....

shawndeprey
09-21-2009, 06:58 PM
Hmm this is an issue I never ran into. I suppose that is because I do not buy enough games to find out. But I will second his voice based on the fact that I have bought many XBOX games with the little sticker on the back that says "LIVE Compatible." Usually this just means you can access your friends list...

So Steam, valve, please provide extra co-op info in your game description. Thank you.

KSib
09-23-2009, 02:05 AM
I agree with this. More information would be truly appreciated.

Suomis
09-24-2009, 08:51 AM
Yea fix this. Ive heard that Kane and Lynch for example is co-op in Lan only. I think its not fun to buy a game and then notice that you cant play it online... I have not bought Kane and Lynch though. One reason is that I dont know if its co-op lan/online..

Shakur
09-27-2009, 06:20 AM
I agree, heh, either this or "money back guarantee" :D