PDA

View Full Version : Reconstructor mod for SP

oct42
09-23-2009, 04:05 PM
Finnaly you can ACTUALLY rebuild Mars. I mean ♥♥♥♥ you destroyed it didn't you. Sure you didn't need to put 12 bombs on that double story tin can appartment but you just had too. :cool:

Goto the site http://nbtxathcx.net/rfg/ Go down to where it has modifications. Download the Reconstructor. You don't need the tools at the top their already in the folder.

It has a ReadME but was kinda vague unless I'm an idiot. But it was acting up on me. Copy the 3 files to 1st recontructor and 2nd reconstructor folder. (For me even though the folder with the build.bat was the output folder it's like the bat needed to have something already there.) Run the build_reconstrutor.bat and the 3 files in that same folder should be updated (look at the date modified.) Copy those three new files back to the pc\cache\folder and delete the table.vpp_pc file or RFG will whine.

Now get back to Mars and rebuild, and Destroy.

enggmaster
09-23-2009, 04:08 PM
If only the reconstructor existed in real life, you know how much this could help people affected by tornadoes?

oct42
09-23-2009, 04:09 PM
If only the reconstructor existed in real life, you know how much this could help people affected by tornadoes?

Ahh yes what do people love more Creation or Destruction.

oct42
09-23-2009, 04:37 PM
It's been fun rebuilding, Takes some time but I like it better than if there was a magic button. Plus its like where does THIS piece go as it seems to morph back onto the building. Also if you suck and let you base get blown up by the EDF you can cover your shame.

RenegadeShade
09-23-2009, 05:41 PM
okay i tried it out and its amazing, cant believe it reconstruct everything perfectly

BUT, use it carefully, do not rebuild any EDF container because each time you will destroy it again this will count as a new container that you destroyed for the first time.

javadog
09-23-2009, 06:35 PM
Ahh yes what do people love more Creation or Destruction.

pie?

im pretty sure the answer is pie.

Vesper
09-23-2009, 07:34 PM
looks interesting. does the cool turrets cheat remove the cool down period?

EDIT: can't get it to install. RFG crashes right away when i try to open the game

MesysLowell
09-23-2009, 08:33 PM
I'll rewrote these instructions to be less bloody confusing- I am not the mods creator

step 1 go to Red Faction Guerrilla > Build > PC > Cache

and take a copy of each of the following files :

misc.vpp_pc

effects.vpp_pc

items.vpp_pc

paste those three files into the Reconstructor folder then run build_reconstructor, If you are running vista you must run it as an administrator.

Copy the three files : misc.vpp_pc

effects.vpp_pc

items.vpp_pc

from the reconstructor folder back into : Red Faction Guerrilla > Build > PC > Cache ( say yes to overwright )

delete the following file from the game folder : table.vpp_pc ( use windows search to find it I don't remember where in the folders it is)

Start the game, load your save ( or start a new game )

Go to the upgrade shop and buy the reconstructor for 25 salvage.

equip it at the little weapon shed thing ( it might be hard to get it to equip, you might have to click its icon and then a number slot )

have fun ^^

BigConz
09-23-2009, 11:51 PM
when it try and open the download it says "no disc inserted" help please?

BigConz
09-24-2009, 12:23 AM
actually dw i found out wat is was

BigConz
09-24-2009, 12:35 AM
where is Red faction guerrilla> build > cache

BigConz
09-24-2009, 12:39 AM
lol i found it omg i must look like an epic noob

DJ_Professor_K
09-24-2009, 12:57 AM
Yes, i've been using this since the day the guy released it, it's preatty awesome :P

Here are some notes from some stuff that i've been testing out since i had it some days ago:

- You can rebuild EDF crates, they won't give you back salvage, but it WILL count has a new destroyed crate, it is unkown what will happen if you destroy more then the maxmium number of oficial EDF crates, so use it at your own risk.
- You can rebuild EDF controlled buildings, and it will count has -X EDF control, but they won't be marked as important buildings once they are destroyed the first time then rebuilt.
- "Gas" Tanks can be rebuilt, but the tank itself will be solid, and won't blow up again (it can be destroyed tough, but will be 1 solid piece).
- Minerals can be rebuilt, but they won't give you more salvage.
- Verticall ladders can't be rebuilt
- Some "doors" and "blokades" can't be rebuilt if fully/partially destroyed
- Windows aren't rebuilt.
- You can't rebuild cars.
- If EDF sees you rebuilding a building, they will attack you (seems it counts as destroying).
- Weapon has no damamge.
- Solar pannels can't be rebuilt

i've noticed more stuf but i can't remember now, will update it if necessary.

MesysLowell
09-24-2009, 05:55 AM
some vertical ladders can be rebuilt, and they work after, glass cant be rebuilt, elevated walkways cant be rebuilt fully, some support struts cant be rebuilt fully, some explosive tanks cant be rebuilt fully

DJ_Professor_K
09-24-2009, 06:08 AM
some vertical ladders can be rebuilt, and they work after, glass cant be rebuilt, elevated walkways cant be rebuilt fully, some support struts cant be rebuilt fully, some explosive tanks cant be rebuilt fully

Yes they can be rebuilt, they do need to have their weight supported from somewhere tough (like you can't rebuilt anything that will instantly colapse, at least thats what i noticed), rebuild the pillars/support beams that we're keeping the walkway up, and it should work.

(well yes, i didn't test it on every single one, but did est on several ones, so...)

MesysLowell
09-24-2009, 08:26 AM
Yes they can be rebuilt, they do need to have their weight supported from somewhere tough (like you can't rebuilt anything that will instantly colapse, at least thats what i noticed), rebuild the pillars/support beams that we're keeping the walkway up, and it should work.

(well yes, i didn't test it on every single one, but did est on several ones, so...)

im not talking about weight xD , when i try to rebuild collapsed elevated walkways they only ever rebuild half way and then that's it

oct42
09-24-2009, 01:33 PM
im not talking about weight xD , when i try to rebuild collapsed elevated walkways they only ever rebuild half way and then that's it

Your right it's because your rebuilding from nothing meaning there must be something left to rebuild from. It seems the catwalk it multiple entities. Most building always have there solid foundation that cannot be destroyed.

CynicalNinja
10-07-2009, 11:30 PM
Bump for awesome mod. Rebuilding all the civilian buildings I "accidentally" destroyed with several thermobaric rockets is awesome. :cool:

Murraj1966
12-11-2009, 02:45 AM
I tried using this, My light textures, fire textures and the textures of the reconstructor itself come in square, there is no noise when I break anything now, nor is there textures on the floor when you're near the weapons locker or upgrade bench (i.e. the Yellow holographic circle is gone)

HaraDaya!
01-06-2010, 01:35 AM
I need some help with getting this to work. When I run the build-reconstructor.bat I first got "This program has stopped responding", clicked closed program, but then it continued, and another one would pop up a few seconds later, and another.
I can just make out it says "Unhandled..." in the command prompt before it's pushed off the top of the window when I click close the program, but the bat file finishes to the end and the modded files are created.
I've tried running the bat with different compatibility modes which limited the errors to only one during the process (Using Vista compatibility. And I'm an Administrator, and I tried to run with "Run as Administrator".
If I load up the game with the modded files it just keeps loading at the title screen and I have to force quit it.

EDIT: It seems misc.vpp_pc is causing the problems, it's the only one out of the three files where the date doesn't change.

afextwin
01-06-2010, 07:58 AM
lol i found it omg i must look like an epic noob

lol, only for double posting instead of editing ;)

Muffins4Tots
01-22-2010, 07:33 PM
I'd love to see it fully implemented into the game, I've found this (http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/Reconstructor) in case anyone was interested.

cdeathkd
03-09-2010, 04:31 PM
I followed the instructions to the letter, the game is still as it was before, absolutely no different.

Pirada
06-30-2010, 12:03 PM
Sorry for bringing this back up, but couldn't find any other mention to it.

It seems there was some difficulty getting the reconstructor to work after the instructions were changed.

Follow These Instructions and it will work:

Step 1: Download the Reconstructor mod from here - http://nbtxathcx.net/rfg and extract the folder.

Step 2: go to Red Faction Guerilla > Build > PC > Cache

Step 3: Copy of each of the following files :

misc.vpp_pc

effects.vpp_pc

items.vpp_pc

Now paste them into the extracted folder (reconstructor)

Step 4: In the extracted folder, run build_reconstructor.bat (Be sure to run as administrator) and wait for it to finish.

Step 5: Now copy the following files from the extracted folder:

misc.vpp_pc

effects.vpp_pc

items.vpp_pc

Paste them back into the Cache folder (the one we originally copied them from) confirm the overwrite.

Step 6: Almost done, now find the file called table.vpp_pc in the Cache folder and delete it.

Step 7: Start up Red Faction, and purchase the reconstructor for 25 salvage from the Upgrade Table.

HaraDaya!
06-19-2011, 10:52 AM
Sorry for bringing this back up, but couldn't find any other mention to it.

It seems there was some difficulty getting the reconstructor to work after the instructions were changed... -snip-

Hey cheers for the instructions, now I finally got it to work. +rep

LaptopNut
06-26-2011, 05:59 PM
An easier way to get this to work is to use Red Faction: Guerrilla - ModManager v1.01 (http://www.redfaction.com/forums/topic/7566)

With that tool, the reconstructor as well as many other mods are packaged with it and you simply activate the mods. It will backup the unmodded files too.

HaraDaya!
07-08-2011, 07:44 AM
Thanks for the tip LaptopNut. I made a mod of my own (http://colloseusxreturns.freeforums.org/red-faction-guerrilla-enhanced-combat-t85.html), and ended up making it compatible with the ModManager. Good stuff.